Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Sadie Hockert - Lhasa with pyometra

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I will put in as much time as I can, I will at least try to help in some way! I will help out with at least getting the word out when someone needs help!! I am going to show you all how grateful I am!!

View PostKim, on 21 September 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

Very happy to hear that Sadie's surgery went well!  Another life saved by IMOM and another animal spayed by IMOM.  :claphands:  

I hope you mean it, Sarah.  Almost every single applicant says that, and 1 in 1,000 (literally) stick around to support others on the forum or to volunteer.  Most take the assistance for their pet and once the animal is well, they're gone.

~Sarah~

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I sent an email with Sadie's story to the humane society website. Let's hope they post it to get it out there about Pyometra.

Let's hope they put it somewhere, anywhere is fine with me...just so someone get's to read it and hear Sadie's story!!

Much Love,

Sarah

Edited by shockert88, 22 September 2011 - 12:13 AM.

~Sarah~

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Sarah, I'm so, so happy to read that Sadie's surgery went smoothly, and that she's doing so well in recovery. This is great news!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View Postshockert88, on 22 September 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

I sent an email with Sadie's story to the humane society website. Let's hope they post it to get it out there about Pyometra.
Beautiful -- thank you!  

I didn't know about pyometra either until I started working as a rescue volunteer.  I've seen many of these surgeries at our S/N clinic and once you've seen a dog or cat's uterus greatly enlarged because it's full of pus, and you realize how painful that must be to the animal, it makes you angry because the condition is so preventable.  Here's more info about pyometra:  
MarvistaVet
Wikipedia

luvmytzus

luvmytzus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Sarah, you and Sadie are very welcome.  As with all rescue organizations, we have lots of dogs with seriousl issues.  Right now, we are fundraising for a little lhasa puppymill breeder girl with genetically malformed legs.  Her name is Mandy.  But, her illness is not life threatening.  Sadie's was.  Now, we'll get back to helping Mandy.

Teresa Osborn
Lone Star Shih Tzu & Lhasa Apso Rescue
www.shihtzu-rescue.com
www.facebook.com/lsstlar

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Sarah, you have done a great job at getting Sadie the help she needed!  It is an eye opener when things happen with our pets that you would never think possible.  So many people loose there pets every day for lack of finances  or education that could have saved the problem from happening in the first place.  I hope that the letter you wrote to the Humane Society makes it onto there website.  If your experience can save the life of even one other pet, you will have accomplished a great thing!
You and Sadie will now have a long, happy life together and you are living proof of what the love for a pet can accomplish!  

Chris

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,693 posts
So happy to read the great update after Sadie's surgery...

Kim and Chris said some great things and I agree...and what a tribute to your love for Sadie...to help others learn what to do to make sure that their cherished pet lives a long healthy life!!!  Judy

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello Angels,

Sarah and Sadie checking in. All is good here, she is amazing!! The look in her eyes just melts me now. We are all so thankful to you all and I will continue to update and keep up with who needs the word out for help.

Thank you again,

God Bless!!
Sarah
~Sarah~

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Today Sadie is still doing well, she is eating a little bit now and is going potty good. She is uncomfortable at times and she always seems to be at ease when with me. So, I don't get much done because I'm loving on her, I'm ok with that tho. It's wonderful to just sit and love on her and read a book and just take it all in. I'm so very grateful and I just love this little girl so much!!

Thanks again.

Sarah & Sadie
~Sarah~

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,878 posts
I agree Sarah, the most important job u have right now is just snuggling with Sadie-u both need some rest!!

Oh, I saw that u "signed" the requirement rules-those rules are for that particular forum (chronic illness) so doesn't apply to u and Sadie. But we sure hope u stick around IMOM and let is know how Sadie is doing, and anytime u can lend some emotional support to others-especially the new emergencies is awesome.

Hugs to Sadie.

Cindy
Posted Image

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
The weekend went great for Sadie. She is doing so good, she's eating great and going potty good. She's getting back to her old self again. Will post more soon, my son is having surgery tomorrow and will need my care for at least the first few days. I wish you all well and thank you again!!

Sarah

View Postk9sign, on 23 September 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

I agree Sarah, the most important job u have right now is just snuggling with Sadie-u both need some rest!!

Oh, I saw that u "signed" the requirement rules-those rules are for that particular forum (chronic illness) so doesn't apply to u and Sadie. But we sure hope u stick around IMOM and let is know how Sadie is doing, and anytime u can lend some emotional support to others-especially the new emergencies is awesome.

Hugs to Sadie.

Cindy

~Sarah~

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

View Postshockert88, on 26 September 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

The weekend went great for Sadie. She is doing so good, she's eating great and going potty good. She's getting back to her old self again.

This is the happiest of happy news! So it's time for Sadie to move to Happy Endings. Thanks to everyone who helped Sadie -- you truly are angels.

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Crazy week in my house again. My son had to have surgery on Tuesday. It went well and he was doing great until yesterday. He was home and he had a complication with a drainage tube and it had gone inside of him and we had to go in and have that taken out yesterday. All is well now, he's doing just fine. Sadie is doing fabulous!! She's going in on Monday to have her stitches removed. Then she gets to have a bath (She needs one bad!! :wacko: ) and be pampered for a little while!!

I know I've mentioned her eyes several times. She looks at me like she is so thankful!! Posted Image I wanted you too see them too!! Thank you!! From Sadie!!

Edited by shockert88, 29 September 2011 - 08:04 AM.

~Sarah~

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts
Hi Sarah,

Sadie's eyes sure are expressive.   I'm so glad she is feeling better.  With pyometra, it's hard NOT to feel better than one did when they had it, and Sadie seems to be making great strides towards better health.  A nice bath after getting those stitches out is going to have her feeling better than she has in months.

Glad to hear your son is feeling better now too.

I hope you and Sadie can sit together and read your books for many, many more years.  We hope to see you on and around the IMOM forum too.  

Paula
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users