Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Sadie Hockert - Lhasa with pyometra

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
<object height="250" width="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...a8f91a4"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="event_desc" value="PayPal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fundraiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM%27s%20business%20operating%20expenses."><embed src="http://widget.chipin...f204162a8f91a4" flashvars="event_desc=PayPal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fundraiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM%27s%20business%20operating%20expenses." type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" height="250" width="250"></object>
If you do not see the ChipIn widget or the "ChipIn!" button on the widget, please click here to download and install the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player plug-in for your browser. (Flash 8 or higher required to view the ChipIn Widget.)

Diagnosis: Pyometra
Low end of estimate: $660
Less applicant contribution: -$100.
Needed for low end of estimate: $560
4% of $560 for IMOM operating expenses: $23
Fundraising goal: $583
Spayed or neutered: No, but will be during surgery
Caseworker: Laurie

Sadie is a 6-year-old Lhasa diagnosed with pyometra. She needs an ovariohysterectomy as soon as possible. We are hoping that Sadie can have surgery on Wednesday.

Here is a message from Sadie's human mom:

We have had Sadie or "Sadie Bug" as we call her, since she was a puppy. She is my saving grace, I have PTSD and Social Phobia and to even seek out help for her is very hard for me, but I do it for my kids and I had to try for her! I can't tell you how much I love her, she knows if I need her, Always

If you are able to help Sadie, please use the widget above to make your donation.

If you cannot use (or see) the ChipIn widget, you may still donate here. (Please reference GF - Sadie Hockert).

Thank you for considering a donation to help Sadie.

Laurie / IMOM

Attached File  050.JPG   242.8K   1 downloads

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Starting Sadie off with $100.  For all the night owls and folks on the West Coast, PLEASE...This little love bug needs to have surgery first thing in the morning.    Only $483. to go!   :rolleyes:

Chris

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thank you so much!! I am so very grateful!!

God Bless!!
Sarah

View Postgdane3, on 20 September 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

Starting Sadie off with $100.  For all the night owls and folks on the West Coast, PLEASE...This little love bug needs to have surgery first thing in the morning.    Only $483. to go!   :rolleyes:

Chris

~Sarah~

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts

View Postshockert88, on 21 September 2011 - 06:30 AM, said:

Thank you so much!! I am so very grateful!!

God Bless!!
Sarah

Your welcome Sarah!  I hope that once all the Angels wake up this morning, we can quickly meet the goal and get Sadie the surgery she desperately needs!

Chris

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
PLEASE!! If anyone can help my little girl, I would be so eternally grateful!!

She means so much to me, I would be lost without her, she has saved me from so sliding down into depression so many times, she always gives me those big brown eyes that, to me, say so much!! Her eyes are so beautiful, they make me melt and she in turn gets what she wants!! :rolleyes:

I am so worried about her. Please if anyone can help I would be so appreciative! I am praying surgery is today, they have told me that it is possible that it could rupture if surgery is not done right away!!

Thank you all so much and God Bless you for your help!! THANK YOU IMOM community!!
~Sarah~

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Where are you located and what time can Sadie get surgery?

Did you see that you have 40% of funds raised???  We are working on it...come on IMOM angels...this little girl needs surgery today...it's OK if you can't donate...but could you PLEASE cross post her story to everyone and ask them to do the same?  Judy

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I live in Braham, Minnesota. She will have surgery as soon as I can raise the money. I am praying that this will all come thru and I know that God knows how important this little girl is to me!! I believe that Angels will help this surgery happen!!

YES!! I did see that, you are all amazing!!

God Bless and continue to pray for her!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Edited by shockert88, 21 September 2011 - 07:43 AM.

~Sarah~

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Keep up the great job of posting...that's MOST important...

I am so happy to hear that surgery can happen as soon as the funds are raised...YAY RAH!!!  Judy

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
We're getting there Sarah!  Please let us know how Sadie did overnight....   Come on Angels!  We need to make quick work of this one so Sadie can have surgery ASAP!

Chris

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just called the vet and they are saying that her uterus is very enlarged and they are concerned. Her white count is very high. I can't believe the amazing job everyone is doing to help her. This organization really shows how many wonderful people are out there!!

This picture is of my daughter and Sadie being goofy!! : )

Much love to you all and God bless you!!!Attached File  Sadie.jpg   22.77K   3 downloads
~Sarah~

luvmytzus

luvmytzus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
The chipin only shows $100 raised, but I see comments that more has been raised.  If you can tell me exactly what is remaining, Lone Star Shih Tzu & Lhasa Apso Rescue will fund the remainder to get her surgery ASAP.  We've had dogs with Pyometra and know how life threatening it is.  

Teresa Osborn
Lone Star Shih Tzu & Lhasa Apso Rescue
www.shihtzu-rescue.com
www.facebook.com/lsstlar

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Wow Theresa!  That is wonderful.  My Chip In shows $250 raised so I guess the remainder is $333.  ??  I hope we hear from the IMOM Case Worker to confirm.....

Chris

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Oh my, I am so very grateful!!! I'm so overwhelmed I can't type...GOD BLESS you and thank you so very very much!!!

Yes it is at $250 right now and as soon as we get confirmation to the vet we will be ready to go!!

Thank you, ALL OF YOU,  for saving her life I am so very thankful!!!
~Sarah~

luvmytzus

luvmytzus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
I know that sometimes chipins are about 20-30 minutes behind, so if the caseworker can confirm the total needed, I'll do a paypal immediately.

Teresa

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,885 posts
We're working on it!  Please do get ready to go....watch your email.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Teresa,

I emailed Laurie my caseworker, I will post as soon as I hear something!!

Thank you so very much and God Bless you and your organization for being such caring people!!

Lot's of love and thankfulness!!

Sarah
~Sarah~

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Cindy,

I'm ready to go in a moment's notice!!! Thank you so much!!

I may just leave at 9:30, it's over an hour and 45minutes from my house so I won't be able to post after that time, I will post immediately when I return to update you all!!

Again, my gratitude can't be expressed enough!! I just want to give all of you a hug!!

Sarah

Edited by shockert88, 21 September 2011 - 09:12 AM.

~Sarah~

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
YAY RAH!!!  This is GREAT NEWS.....

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
Okay, the Alaskan's are finally out of bed.  :) Donation has been sent through Chipin.  
Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok, I have confirmation and I am out the door. I will update right away when I get home!

Thank you again and God Bless you all so very much!!

Sarah
~Sarah~

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,885 posts

View PostCindy/IMOM, on 21 September 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

We're working on it!  Please do get ready to go....watch your email.

Cindy/IMOM
Sadie has $350.  She needs $233.  We need to get her in NOW so please donate if you can.

THANKS ANGELS!

Cindy
Cindy/IMOM

luvmytzus

luvmytzus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
DONE!  $233 from all of the lhasas and shih tzu at

Now, go!

Teresa
www.shihtzu-rescue.com
www.facebook.com/lsstlar

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
WOO HOO!  Angels have done it again!  Good Luck Sarah, drive safely and we will be waiting to hear the great update when you return!  Prayers for Sadie!!!

Chris

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
THANK YOU ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!  She's on her way.  We told her to just go - don't take time to post.  So she's off!
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View Postluvmytzus, on 21 September 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

DONE!  $233 from all of the lhasas and shih tzu at

Now, go!

Teresa
www.shihtzu-rescue.com
www.facebook.com/lsstlar
Thank you to Teresa and everyone at the rescue.  In case people don't realize, most rescues have a tough time just meeting the costs of caring for the homeless animals they're trying to place.  So for this rescue to reach out and help an owned pet is quite generous!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Sadie is at All Funds Raised!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you to everyone who donated so generously to help this girl! Sadie is on her way to the vet. We are keeping fingers and paws crossed for a safe and successful surgery, and I'm sure we'll hear from Sarah as soon as she can get back online.

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello everyone,

Sadie is doing wonderful!! She is keeping everyone company at the vets, she is eating, drinking and going potty just fine!

They said that her uterus was really, really bad! We saved her just in time!!

I can't tell you how grateful I am!! The way that all of the Angels come together like this has totally restored my faith in people to just be good!! I am so blessed to have been told about your organization and I truly believe that this little one is meant to be with me!! She is my rock so many times and I'm so thankful that I could be hers in return. The look in her eyes told me how much she was hurting and it killed me. Now, the look in her eyes is nothing but love!!

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I will continue to update and continue to help with this organization in any way I can.

Much love, gratitude and blessings to you all!!

Will post more tomorrow.

Sarah
~Sarah~

shockert88

shockert88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Teresa,

I am so thankful to you and your rescue program for helping my baby girl!! I am so grateful and will always remember the great act of kindness you gave to me and my family!

Thank you again and God Bless!!

View PostKim, on 21 September 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Thank you to Teresa and everyone at the rescue.  In case people don't realize, most rescues have a tough time just meeting the costs of caring for the homeless animals they're trying to place.  So for this rescue to reach out and help an owned pet is quite generous!

~Sarah~

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
What a wonderful update about Sadie!  I was sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how she was doing!  Now you and Sadie can rest easy tonight and she will be home soon with you safe, sound and feeling much better!

Chris

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Very happy to hear that Sadie's surgery went well!  Another life saved by IMOM and another animal spayed by IMOM.  :claphands:  

View Postshockert88, on 21 September 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

I will continue to update and continue to help with this organization in any way I can.
I hope you mean it, Sarah.  Almost every single applicant says that, and 1 in 1,000 (literally) stick around to support others on the forum or to volunteer.  Most take the assistance for their pet and once the animal is well, they're gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users