Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoe Flores

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...aecc457"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credit%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20for%20IMOM%27s%20business%20operating%20expenses."><param name="color_scheme" value="gray"><embed src="http://widget.chipin...be0428baecc457" flashvars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credit%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20for%20IMOM%27s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=gray" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></object>

***If you do not see the ChipIn widget or the "ChipIn!" button on the widget, please click here to download and install the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player plug-in for your browser. (Flash 8 or higher required to view the ChipIn Widget.)

Diagnosis: Possible Obstruction (intestinal issue)
Amount of estimate: $1500
Owner Contribution: $500 (Owner has spent over $6,000 at multiple vets trying to help Zoe)
Fund raising goal: $1040 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)
Spayed or neutered: Yes!
Caseworker: Sarah/Melissa

Zoe is a 3 yr English Bulldog with a possible obstruction or intestinal issue/infection. Zoe's vet indicated exploratory surgery is needed w/in 5-7 days (that was 6 days ago). Zoe continues to vomit and not eat - looking at her picture - she is very thin. Zoe's mom, Ashley, lives with her mother and is a working college student.  She has limited income and has spent a lot trying to find out what's wrong with Zoe. Zoe's current vet wants to get to the bottom of this as Zoe is about 30 lbs under weight and declining. They are the only vet that have been able to get her to respond a little to meds and food, but still she vomits.  Zoe has been through way to many tests and procedures to continue.  She must have surgery tomorrow morning.

Note from Ashley's mom:  Hi, I'm Ashley and I have a 3.5 yr old bulldog named Zoe who has an extraordinary spirit. She's battling a life threatening intestinal infection or obstruction. I've exhausted my finances on numerous tests & treatments @4 Vets, who've concluded that she needs exploratory surgery. Zoe exhibits the will to live but needs this surgery to find out what is causing her ailment. Every Vet professional has also noticed that Zoe has a unique bond with me that anyone can see. Zoe has been by my side through so much and she is my family. Please help save my family because we are each other's support that gets us through each day. Ash&Zoe

Please cross post this link and share with as many people as you can.  To Donate, please use the chip in above.

Although the Chip-In is the preferred method for donations (that way we can see the totals quickly), we do realize that some of you cannot get the Chip In to work. You can still donate at: http://www.imom.org/donation/pin.htm (please reference Zoe Flores).

Melissa & Sarah/IMOM

Attached Files

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 07 September 2011 - 05:12 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
OK, right from the start we are going to offer a $500 matching challenge.

We feel its critical to get this baby girl into surgery in the morning. She has went too long like this and we really want to offer her some help.  So please, Every $1.00 you contribute will count for $2.00. We only have over night.

If you cannot use the Chip-In, you can still donate at: http://www.imom.org/donation/pin.htm (please reference Zoe Flores).

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 07 September 2011 - 05:12 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Melissa...I saw yesterday that Ashley posted she had to work and go to school in the afternoon...don't know if she's there today but WOW what a wonderful surprise for her when she gets to the forum...

IMOM angels...if you go to the Introduction thread...you can read a lot of posts by Ashley...she truly loves her girl and it shows and shows...Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Don't worry Judy, she's here. She's ready to post, or I wouldn't have posted her ;)
I'm all over that! lol  Lets get this baby a quick $540!

Melissa/IMOM

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Ok I'm in for $250.. I have a bullie myself and Zoe looks awful..they are normally little butter balls. i can't bear to see a bullie look like this and would be frantic if it was my little girl..Christine

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
WOW...are we off to a GREAT START of what!!!!!

Zoe has been so patient...I have been conversing with her Momma on the Intro page and she really really loves her girl...

I am SO HAPPY to see her have her own thread...we need to find out what is wrong with her...and TOMORROW WOULD BE A GRAND DAY TO DO IT!!!!!  Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my, that leaves only $265 more to go!

I'd say thats: NEWS!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Zoe's mom's internet just crashed but she's rebooting and should be here any minute.  (She sent note from blackberry)...hang in there to hear more about Zoe!

THANK YOU EVERYONE who has donated already to get Zoe into surgery. Who knows, maybe by some miracle I could swing the vet into doing it tonight?  I wonder......   Should I check?  

$190 more to go!

Melissa/IMOM

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Thanks, Christine.  :)  

I'm Italian and we can't stand to see a skinny animal!  I'm in for $50 - wish it could be more.  

Hang in there, Zoe.  Your mom's been trying really hard to fix you up on her own, and now she's got an army of animal lovers in the fight with her!

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Ashley - please don't even consider giving Zoe up putting her down until the vet can figure out what this is.  You definitely have a bond and you owe it ot Zoe to take this as far as you can. iMOM is a wonderful org with powerful people who will give you money and SUPPORT. Stay strong! Christine

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I checked, I thought worth a shot!  The surgery dept has closed for the day. (They are in California, and we just missed it by about an hour or so). But she is on the schedule for tomorrow. Drop off at 8:30am. $190 more to go! :)

***Remember, we are using the $500 matching challenge out of the GF fund. So if you want to donate after we have raised the $540, feel free to do so, as then it will be less we have to take out of the GF Fund. We just were very worried about Zoe and wanted to ensure she got into the doc tomorrow and since we just did a large case (Millard) we thought we better try and help out.  

BIG THANK YOUs for those of you that have already donated to help Zoe.

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS:   $140 left to be raised!!!!!  

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Well I'm slow, make that:
NEWS:   $110 left to be raised!!!!!  

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my, We are going to do this before Ashley even makes it here!
NEWS:   $92 left to be raised!!!!!  

Melissa/IMOM

boanderey

boanderey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
[]Posted Image  Mandy asked if we could just skip her next trip to the vet, and donate that amount, but I told her no way.  We just got her heart to start shrinking, and we aren't going to skip any vet visits!. So then she offered her nylabone.  We've donated money too, and will head over to Face book to post

Edited by boanderey, 07 September 2011 - 05:55 PM.

For Grimm, who left paw prints on my heart

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
It looks like we're going to take care of little Zoe right quick  :smokin: , so I wanted to repost what Melissa said because it's important:  

Remember, we are using the $500 matching challenge out of the [General Fund]. So if you want to donate after we have raised the $540, feel free to do so, as then it will be less we have to take out of the GF Fund.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I am in TEARS at the generosity of all of the people out there...this little dog is sick and needs our help...and gosh darn it, help is on the way...

Ashley...I bet you can't believe what is happening...I know that there are angels everywhere but WOW...they are busy spreading their wings for Zoe...

I am THRILLED beyond words...and believe me...it's hard to keep me quiet.....Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $75 left to be raised!!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 07 September 2011 - 06:20 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Just got word that Ashley is going to another computer as she can't get hers up now.  Of course, everything happens at once.  

But don't worry, she's on her way.  I can feel her excitement already when she sees how quickly Zoe is going to get the surgery she needs thanks to the IMOM ANGELS!

Melissa/IMOM

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
I'm in for $35.   Nothing gets me more then a dog that can't/won't eat!  

Chris

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,891 posts
Way to go Angels and Ashley!
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Ash&Zoe

Ash&Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Hello, I'm online now! I apologize, my internet crashed. We are incredibly grateful for these generous donations.

Edited by Ash&Zoe, 07 September 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $40 left to be raised!!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 07 September 2011 - 06:38 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $20 left to be raised!!!!!  
Then we will work on the GF fund to fill in the gap.... ;)

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 07 September 2011 - 06:40 PM.

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Hi Ashley,   Look foward to hearing all about Zoe!  She has such a sweet face....can't wait to see a "smile" back on it!

Chris

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Ashley, WELCOME to IMOM...you have just seem a major  :magicmoon:

Zoe is going to get a chance tomorrow and you did a great job of hanging in there and making sure that you did all you could for your girl...

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow...I am so happy that surgery is already scheduled and I want you to know we will be with you in spirit tomorrow...all day until you post and let us know what happened with the surgery...and then when Zoe gets back into recovery...

Sending positive thoughts, prayers and  :hugs: to you both tonight...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,136 posts
I'm in for the $20.

C'mon banana's-we want to see u dance!!!

Thanks angels for allowing me to also help Zoe.

Cindy
Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
All Funds Raised and I can't do Bananas Posted Image

Maybe on my year anniversary at being an IMOM caseworker in October I'll get the honors of doing Bananas! :)  Ha!
Anyone - post them please for me!!!!!!

I am not going to move this to all funds raised yet though, as we might see some late comer donations trickling in to help out the challenge. Since we did use IMOM funds of $500 to get to the total.

Remember, we used the $500 matching challenge out of the [General Fund]. SO if you still want to donate, please do so. That will just be less we have to take out of the GF Fund.

Thank you to EVERYONE who helped out ZOE so quick.  Amazing. Truly Posted Image!
Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I'm THRILLED to do the bananas...and Melissa...I think for your one year anniversary you BEST be able to do the bananas!!!

ALL FUNDS RAISED..... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:        

YAY RAH ZOE!!! Judy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
It's inspiring to see how quickly people have mobilized to help this young pup.  Kay and I always say that when you've been through a situation like this....... or an elderly animal who has lost interest in food........it's a joy to watch your healthy kids eat.  I'm hoping that the vet can find and fix the problem so Ashley can experience that same joy and Zoe can really chow down without that terrible nausea all the time.  

Also have to say that Melissa would make a fine auctioneer.  :lol:   You go, girl!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users