Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoe Flores

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Ashley,  I am so very sad and heart broken for your loss of your baby Zoe. ;(  I was shocked to see this news.   Then reading your story about the vet etc :( gosh....your a wonderful mom to think of her first and to want to be there to hold her through the last minutes of her life. But you did the right thing, in easing her out any more pain. Even though its so painful for you to bare thinking about ;(

Tears are flowing for you two.  Gosh, I am so so so sorry.  Doggies eating things (especially anything with a string) seems to be one of the most popular cases here at IMOM.  I remember my very first case ever here was a beautiful pittie that ate a toy that had strong on it. :(  Every time I pass those in the store I cringe,  or see someone buying them: I cannot stop myself from going up to them and telling them some stories of what the string can do to the insides of their fur babies.  Hopefully you will also pass along the important info of keeping string (and anything they could eat) away from their fur babies.

Cat Paws is right, we could never forget you. You are part of the IMOM Family.  I believe Zoe is running free now and able to eat what ever she wishes!  I too, like the idea of keeping her in the car with you.

*HUGS*
Melissa/IMOM

Ash&Zoe

Ash&Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Thank you so much. It really helps to hear reassuring words. I was reading some of the writing and poetry that has been posted and that has helped too.

*HUGS*

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
Ashley,

I know just what you mean about flat out missing Zoe.  When I lost my diabetic dog, I came home and there was her bed, and her insulin was in the refrigerator, and her syringes in the cabinet...my routine had revolved around her schedule for so many years that I was just lost and everything in the house and everything I looked at reminded me somehow of her.

I did not get the chance to hold my Shadow at the end, because she was in the vet school ICU and they were fighting to save her life.  They did take me back there after she was gone, to see her, and they cut some of her hair for me as a keepsake, but I still felt terrible.  She was so sick on her way there that I am sure she did not even know I was with her, and I had just dropped her off at my vet that morning because she didn't seem right.  I fully expected to be taking her home that afternoon, so did not think it would be the last time I would see her alert and awake.

Zoe lived so fully in her few short years, and always knew she was loved.  We will never forget her, or you.  I like the idea of her riding around with you always, too.  I think she's riding around up in heaven right now feeling like she's all that.  :)

Take care,

Judy G.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users