Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Sasha Thomas - 7 YO Golden in trouble...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin...c0d42cf822bb88" flashVars="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Diagnosis: Pyometra
Amount of estimate: $661.40
Owner Contribution: $20
We need to raise: $687.85*
Spayed or neutered: No - will be done with surgery
Caseworker: Vicky T

Sasha is beautiful 7 year old Golden Retriever that has a severe case of pyometra.  The vet is concerned that she may be going septic, and she needs surgery right away.

Her owner submitted this about Sasha:

Sasha is a seven year old golden retriever that continues to bring joy and laughter to our family.  She's a great dog with a fighting spirit.  We are devasteted that she's gotten so sick pyometra and we're trying everything we can to get her well.  Please help us get our Sasha back healthy again.

Her owners had to evacuate their house this weekend, and have been crazy worried about Sasha, along with all the stress of the hurricane.  Please help us take some of their concern away.  This problem for poor Sasha can be fixed, she just needs a little IMOM magic.

To make a donation, please use the ChipIn widget above.  If you cannot see the ChipIn widget above, you can view it here: Direct ChipIn Link

Thank you very much.

*The fundraising amount is the estimate, minus the pledge, plus 4% to help offset IMOM's operating costs.

If you do not see the ChipIn widget or the "ChipIn!" button on the widget, you may need to download and install the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player plug-in for your browser. (Flash 8 or higher required to view the ChipIn Widget.) Here's a link:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Edited by Vicky T - IMOM, 29 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
IMOM angels...this little girls needs our help NOW...

I have been corresponding with her owner on the Introduction page...and she is worried for Sasha...I don't know how to copy her photo but she is over in Introductions...

she is a wonderful golden retreiver...we all now how sweet they are...we need to get busy...PLEASE...she needs our help~~  Judy

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I have just chipped in 5 dollars in memory of Minnie who past away on friday. IMOM angels helped her and i know they will come through for Sasha. I know 5 dollars isn't much but if if 100 people chipped in 5 dollars you would almost reach your goal, and if i can afford 5 than everyone else can chip in around that. Good Luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Jennifer (Minnie Antley"s mommy)

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,115 posts

View Postminnie143, on 29 August 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

I have just chipped in 5 dollars in memory of Minnie who past away on friday. IMOM angels helped her and i know they will come through for Sasha. I know 5 dollars isn't much but if if 100 people chipped in 5 dollars you would almost reach your goal, and if i can afford 5 than everyone else can chip in around that. Good Luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jennifer, ur post made me cry. What a wonderful tribute for angel Minnie.
In memory of Minnie I will be sending in a donation from me and my angel mom.

I can only imagine how Sasha's parent feel being separated. Angels, let's make sure they know she is going to be fine.

Cindy
Posted Image

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi , Thank you, Thank you, Thank You

We are so happy Sasha's application was accepted!!  Sasha has been in diapers for weeks now and she's such a trooper.  Pyrometra is very painful and although it's hard for her to get up, she's so smart, she tries to let me know when her diaper is sliding off.  She comes over to me and looks back at her butt, signaling it needs to be fixed . We're so grateful for any help we receive. We have been buying depends for Sasha because she constantly needed to be changed. She started developing a rash so I have been cleaning her twice daily,  keeping her dry and applying a little ointment.  It seemed to be just fine, her rash went away.  We're working on our end trying to raise any money  we can.

Thanks again everyone for your prayers and thoughts...

Roena

Attached Files

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

View Postminnie143, on 29 August 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

I've also made a donation in honor of Minnie.   I hope she would get a chuckle out of us helping a dogger in her name.  :)  
Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Roena, I am SO GLAD to see that you and Sasha are on the fund raising page...

Your first post is a testament to how much you love her...

The IMOM angels work miracles...and the best thing you can do is post, post and then post some more.  I don't think it will be too hard for you to tell us stories about your wonderful girl...

Where do you live that you were in the path of the hurricane?  I have friends up and down the Eastern coast...from Virginia up to Vermont...I was so worried for them over the week end...

Keep up the good work of posting...the angels are reading even when they don't post...Judy

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Jennifer;

Every little bit counts.  Sorry to hear about Minnie, I know it a great loss.  With help from you and others Sasha will live a long life.

Thanks again for your concern, especially in your time of grief.

Roena

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Judy;

The page is not only up, we gotten a few donations already .  With the kindness of some more animal lovers like us, we will reach our goal soon.

We live in New York on Long Island.  Hurricane Irene came, she did a little damage to our home.  Sasha, Selina and I went to a shelter that excepted pets, so we were all safe.

Thanks again for your continued concern

Roena

Edited by roena, 29 August 2011 - 05:26 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Roena, I have friends in NY, MA, NJ and VA...

I wish I had more to offer but in honor of all of my friends that survived the fury of Hurricane Irene I am gong to do a MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $50.00 that comes in for Sasha...

I wish I more to match but right now I don't...but...IMOM angels...please come and take my money...I want Sasha to get her surgery...and get it soon...

Again, this is in honor of all those that have come thru Hurricane Irene...

I'll keep checking back...Judy

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Lisa;

Thanks for your donation on Minnie's behalf.  I'm sure she's smiling at us, pleased that she is helping.  Your post may also warm Jennifer's heart to know that her Minnie is reaching our hearts.

Thanks for your help

Roena

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Judy;

Thanks, Your amazing!  
You have been on my side from the begining, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I can never express, in enough detail, how much of a help and resource you have become to me.  This matching challenge is a great and generous idea.  Sasha means so much to Selina and I, she's brought us so much joy.  Several  IMOM Community Members have join our effort and are helping us raise the funds we need for her surgery.  I'm sure that your effort will enhance the communities help.

Hope all your friends in Hurricane Irene's path are all well.

Thanks again

Roena

Edited by roena, 29 August 2011 - 05:24 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
IMOM angels...is anyone out there going to take my money?  I know it's not a lot, but come on...don't think that if you can't donate a lot it doesn't count...it does...any donation is DOUBLED...if you donate $1.00 it becomes $2.00.....$2.50 becomes $5.00...every $$$ counts...it gets Sasha closer to surgery...

WE CAN DO THIS...all we need is a little help from our friends???  Judy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
I've seen too many pyometra cases (in cats).  Ladies, let me put in terms that you'll appreciate:  Imagine your uterus many times its normal size, due to infection, and pus pouring out of your vulva.  

It makes me crazy that people don't spay their pets.  It makes me angry to see a beautiful dog like Sasha suffering like this (pyo's are painful) when it could have been prevented.  And it makes me worried about a 7 yr old dog having surgery that would have been so much easier on her as a puppy.  BUT........  the point is that Sasha is gravely ill now and needs our help.  So I'm sending a donation and I am pleased to do it in memory of Minnie.   :Angel15:  Jennifer, thank you for caring about another pet in distress when you are coping with your own grief.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Kim, thank you for the donation in memory of Minnie...she certainly touched the hearts of many here at IMOM and I am sure Jennifer is pleased that others are remembering her in such a special way...

Pyometra is a terrible thing...and the more we teach others how to prevent it the better...let's rally around Sasha and try to make her surgery happen...I know that her Mom, Roena wants that more than anything...

And...in the Introductions she says she had no idea what not spaying your pet could do...and I just know that she is going to tell others to make sure to get their pet spayed/neutered...there is no one that loves an animal that wants them to suffer...

Let's see what we can do to make sure that Sasha gets the surgery she so needs...IMOM angels...the amount needed to get Sasha to surgery is quite reasonable...I now there have been a lot of expensive emergencies up on IMOM lately...but Sasha needs help...if you can it would be great if we could get her to surgery TOMORROW...Thanks in advance, Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I saw that Roena had posted this on her profile...when you first start posting on the forum it's very confusing...I copied and pasted this for her...

I'm hoping that the funds we need for Sasha Surgery are raised soon. She wont last much longer without the surgery. It will destroy our lives to lose Sasha. She is a darling friend, that we adore and gives us so much love and joy in return. Please help if you can to save our girls life. Sasha is a happy, playful girl, so it brakes my heart to see her weak and suffering. Please help us save her life..

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I am feeling confident that my $50.00 match will be met so I sent in my money early...chip in hasn't updated yet (one thing I'm not fond of)...so I don't know where we stand right now but I just know that   :magicmoon: will not let Sasha down...

I am always the first one to bed, but I'll also be one of the first ones up in the morning...

Roena...is Sasha at the vets office now?  If not, I'm guessing you'll be checking in first thing in the AM to get her to surgery once the funds are in...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and Sasha tonight for nothing but GOOD NEWS IN THE AM!!!!!  Judy

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Kim,

You are absolutely right about getting dogs spayed.  This was a terrifying way to learn this lesson. Initially we wanted to breed Sasha but our circumstances changed. I can only say now that I'm a huge advocate for spaying dogs and avoiding the pain that Sasha's going through. She's my one of a kind buddy and I'm glad I found a community that shares such a love for pets. Thanks Kim for your help.

Roena

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I just checked the chip in - Sasha has $228.00 in donations...that's 33% of the way to surgery...YAY...Judy

Edited by Judy, 29 August 2011 - 07:00 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
WOW...$428.00....Wait until Sasha's Mom sees this!!!!  Tears in my eyes...YAY...thank you   :magicmoon: Judy

Roena, I figure you'll be up bright and early tomorrow morning...Is your vet's office still open tonight?  If they are you can call and tell them that you're at $428.00 towards surgery...they can be prepared for good news in the morning... As I said I'm going to bed with positive thoughts and prayers for surgery in the morning for Sasha...

Edited by Judy, 29 August 2011 - 07:13 PM.

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Judy;

How do you know that the donations are up to $428.00, the donated total still reads $130.00.  How often does IMOM update the contributions total?  If your correct, that's great news.  If the funds reach the set goal by morning, the vet will do her surgery tomorrow.  I prey that we reach our goal, she can't last much longer without the surgery.

Thanks for the info, you made my day

Roena

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
The chip in is very strange...I don't know when it updates...but on my page it says $428.00.....it was at $130.00 for the longest time and then it went to $228.00 and now $428.00.....

SO...I am getting ready for bed...but know that we are getting close...we need $252.00 to reach the all funds raised...it's 8:30 pm.....there are many night owls out there...so...I am going to be POSITIVE...

I get up at 5 am and I check into IMOM pretty close to that in the AM...hoping to see GOOD NEWS...I bet you'll be up early in the AM too!!!  Judy

Check your regular emails off and on tonight just in case someone from IMOM might be trying to get in touch with you...they don't usually post on the forum, they would communicate with you via regular emails...you never know if they need any added information or not...

Edited by Judy, 29 August 2011 - 07:32 PM.

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
When Minnie was raising money the chip in never changed so do not get discouraged. IMOM will know and than will let you know. Almost there, Minnie would be so proud. Thank You ALL for donating in her honor.
Jennifer

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
TO THE COMMUNITY

The chip in is up to $428.00.  This bodes well for her getting surgery tomorrow. I can't tell you how happy and hopeful this makes me.  Just a few more donors and we'll reach our goal.  Folks, chip in whatever you can, we are counting on your help to save Sasha's life.  Sasha means the world to us, losing her is not an option.

Thanks to all, for your generous help

Roena

Attached Files

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
I'm seeing the $428 total on the Chip In widget too.  I'm having trouble with PayPal, and didn't go through the widget to donate, so the total is at least $528.  But please wait for an IMOM rep to give us an official total.  

Roena, I'm glad that you now know the importance of spaying.  But it troubles me that people consider breeding their pets in the first place.  Shelters are killing far too many adoptable animals..... there are so many strays and abandoned pets out on the streets.......  why on earth do we need MORE animals born?  With the economy in the tank, we've seen a drop in adoptions over the last few years.  That means shelters can't make space for new intakes without killing, and rescue gps that rely on foster volunteers don't have the turnover in foster homes to allow them to save animals from kill shelters.  I'll get off my soapbox now -- just frustrated at the # of intact pets even after years of humane orgs doing education on S/N and availability of low-cost resources.

Really hoping we get to All Funds Raised tonight so Sasha can get into surgery first thing in the morning.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,916 posts
Sasha has $563 so she needs $124 to reach All Funds Raised.

Paws crossed our night owls will visit soon, and help her reach that goal.

THANKS to all our angels for supporting this sweet girl.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
I'm sure Sasha has other donations but I've donated $124 so she should be at AFR. This is to honor some of the PINs recently like Minnie and Jessi and Dozer whose time with us was cut short. Christine

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
It's bright and early and I am checking in....it hasn't been made official but from the sounds of the donations it seems that all the funds are in...

I am hoping someone from IMOM will surface and make it OFFICIAL...Sasha needs her surgery NOW...THIS MORNING, FIRST THING...

Roena...I know that you are ready to take Sasha in.....

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery this morning...we are with you in prayer and spirit...Judy

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Kim;

I agree with all you've said . Though we did not spayed Sasha due to fact that we planned to breed her, we were always careful to prevent any chance of her mating while she was outdoors.  We were always aware that there are too many unwanted dogs and that shelters were over burdened. We've thought we were responsible parents, never allowing an unwanted pregnancy that would further strain the system.  I feel very guilty that though I was aware of that side of the pet issue, I was not aware of the health dangers of not spaying. I will never forgive myself for Sasha's suffering.  All I can do now is heel her and continue to love and care for her.  

Thanks for your input and your donation

Roena

roena

roena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Christine;

That's great, your donation will put us over the top. Getting dressed to go to the vet.  Will leave as soon as IMOM makes it official.

Thank you

Roena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users