Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Minnie Antley

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
<object height="250" width="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...97a43da"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM%u2019s%20business%20operating%20expenses."><param name="color_scheme" value="red"><embed src="http://widget.chipin...c2c475597a43da" flashvars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM%u2019s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=red" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" height="250" width="250"></object>

Diagnosis: Intestinal Blockage
Amount of Estimate
:$1850
Owner contribution: $190

Need to  raise:
$1726 ( includes 4% for our operating  expenses)
Neutered: Will be done when medically safe
Volunteer case worker: Tammy  

Minnie is a sweet little 6 yr kitty with an intestinal blockage. Ladies and Gentleman, time is not on our side.

Kitties are small and don't have much time when they block. We need to raise funds overnight, so this little girl can have surgery right away in the morning.

She is already no longer eating or drinking. We need your help. Please spread the word far and wide about Minnie on your Facebook and Twitter pages.

Let's all skip those fancy coffees tomorrow and help a Pet In Need.

Come on Angels, let's get this baby to AFR tonight! Minnie's mom, Jennifer, will be along to tell you all about her very special girl.

Tammy-IMOM

If you do not see the ChipIn widget or the "ChipIn!" button on the  widget, please click here to  download and install the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player plug-in  for your browser. (Flash 8 or higher required to view the ChipIn  Widget.)

If you cannot use the Chip In, you can donate directly Here

Please meet Minnie

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello Everyone-
Our little girl minnieis very sick and is going down hill fast. Everything we can get in her stomach comes right back up. We did not have the money to hospitalize her so she could receive intravenous fluids, but we use a syringe to give her water every couple of hours. All of your support  is greatly appreciated, and please keep Minnie in your prayers.
Love,
The Antley Family

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Please help us in this desparate time of need. We are on the verge of loosing our beloved Minnie, not to a disease that is untreatable or something of that nature, but only to the simple fact of lack of funds to deal with this. This is not fair at all to her. We will not give up, and we will not loose her. Please see it in your hearts to help she is only 6 and she was there to meet our son when he was born and i always thought she would be around to watch him grow up into a young man. Please help us, as we need her loving meows (sometimes demanding meows for food lol) and purrs while she cuddles with us at night. She is our baby and she needs our help and we need yours. Thank you -The Antleys

Edited by minnie143, 25 August 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,698 posts
The best thing you can do is post, post and keep posting...you have to make the IMOM angels love Minnie as you do...you're off to a GREAT START...

I wish you tons of luck...and even if people don't post...they are reading...believe me...I go to bed early so I hope that a lot of the angels are going to be up late tonight...Judy

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
One night my girlfriend (now my wife Jennifer), my sister, and i were watching television in our apartment. My sister says her goodbyes and leaves, only to come right back to our door screaming that something is in her car. I ask her what it is and she replies she does not know. I go out to her vehical and take a look inside fearing a vicous animal is about to mawl me. As i look inside i see a very small (and malnurished) kitten inside. We had no idea how she had gotten into the car because the doors were locked and the windows were up (still remains a mystery lol). I scooped her up only to hear very loud purring (she later gains the alias Motorboat Min Min lol). I then bring her inside to show Jennifer that it was a little kitten. As i handed the kitten off to her so that she can look at her, i realize i was pooped on lol. We put her in our first cat Mickey's litter box and she finishes her business and we give her fresh water and food. We did not know if we were going to keep her or not because we did not know how our other cat Mickey would take to her. Well much to our surprise Mickey and her hit it off from the start. We decided to keep her and named her Minnie (perfect name since she was very small and we had a Mickey already). Through the years we have had her, Jennifer and I have gotten married and then had our first-born son all while Mickey and Minnie have grown up into playful adult cats. Everyday of my life with her i can actually feel her gratitude for saving her and giving her a loving family to be apart of. She never uses her claws or hisses and does not have a mean bone in her body. She can talk too! Every single morning when i come downstairs with my son to make breakfast, she comes in the kitchen with her sleepy eyes and gives me a part purr and part meow which translates to a "Goodmorning, whats up with some breakfast for me too!" Anytime i say her name in a high pitched voice she replies right back as many times as i say it lol. That is how this beautiful baby came into our lives!

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,887 posts

View Postminnie143, on 25 August 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

Please help us in this desparate time of need. We are on the verge of loosing our beloved Minnie, not to a disease that is untreatable or something of that nature, but only to the simple fact of lack of funds to deal with this.
Friends, this is a personal appeal for Minnie.  I haven't posted about this, but in June I lost my 12 year old cat Itty to a disease that was not treatable.  She went so fast, and there was nothing we could do. I felt so awful not being able to help her.  Now, I see Minnie, who could be a twin for my remaining little girl Squeak.  We CAN SAVE Minnie, though.  I ask you to please find a little bit to donate:  every single dollar makes a difference, because there are a LOT of us.  $5 times 300 will get us there.  Please help if you can.  Six is far too young to be going to the bridge.

The chip-in widget at the top is the best way to donate, but if you wish to use our direct link, we'll take that too  :rolleyes:
.  I know some may feel it's shameless of me to ask for donations because of my loss, but when it comes to a pet in need, I can do worse...more....but we won't go there.  Yet.  

Here's my mouthy little Diva on the right.  I couldn't imagine live without her.  It's hard enough w/o Itty (on left).  

Thanks, angels.  We love you!

Cindy/IMOM

Attached Files

Cindy/IMOM

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
What a wonderful story. Minnie is a very lucky girl to have found such a loving home.:wub:

Come on Angels, let's get this girl her surgery.

Let's dig in those couch cushions, raid those piggy banks and take a bag lunch to work!

Remember no amount is too small, it all adds up! Even if you cannot donate right now, share Minnie's story on all your social networking sites and with your e-mail pals.

Tammy-IMOM

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Every night i go to bed with my minnie waiting at the door. She jumps in her spot and waits for me to get into bed for our nightly routine. She curls up by my chest while i rub her tummy until we fall asleep. When i wake up in the morning, she is still there to greet me. I don't know what i would do without her. Shes my glass of warm milk or cup of chamomile tea at night. Unfortunately, for the past two nights i have not had my minne and have the bags under my eyes to prove it. : (
Jennifer Antley

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,887 posts

View Postminnie143, on 25 August 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Every night i go to bed with my minnie waiting at the door. Unfortunately, for the past two nights i have not had my minne and have the bags under my eyes to prove it. : (
Jennifer Antley
Jennifer, we're going to try our best to make sure your girl goes to surgery first thing.  Are they going to be ready for her?

Angels, we can't let this sweet girl down.  She will die without our help.  Please donate if you can.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostCindy/IMOM, on 25 August 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

Jennifer, we're going to try our best to make sure your girl goes to surgery first thing.  Are they going to be ready for her?

Angels, we can't let this sweet girl down.  She will die without our help.  Please donate if you can.

Cindy/IMOM

Our vetrinarian said that if we have the money in the morning they are already ready and waiting. They are hoping to give us a wake up call with good news. If not, we will have to bring her in to be euthenized. It will be so hard to let her go. :... (

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Minnie just took her nightly antibiotic and put up a fight. I have the battle scars to prove it. It is so oppisite of her character. She is never aggressive and just goes with the flow. I miss watching her little mouse fly through the air.

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
All of your support is comforting. Regardless of this outcome we will be constant and contributing members of this newly found hope known as imom.org, to people like us and that need help. We know all to well how this makes families feel, and wouldn't want this for anyone. Thank you for your donations you have hearts of gold and i wish i could meet every one of you to thank personally. God bless all of you. Heavy-Heartedly The Antleys

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Hi Jennifer --

Does the vet have any idea what's causing the obstruction?  Also, I'm curious as to why you never had Minnie spayed in the 6 yrs you've had her.  

I'm in for a donation because of that little brown tabby with the catnip banana that you see by my name.  My angel Teddie would be all in favor of helping Minnie.   :stripekitty:

Also "sharing" Minnie's story on FB.

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostKim, on 25 August 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Hi Jennifer --

Does the vet have any idea what's causing the obstruction?  Also, I'm curious as to why you never had Minnie spayed in the 6 yrs you've had her.  

I'm in for a donation because of that little brown tabby with the catnip banana that you see by my name.  My angel Teddie would be all in favor of helping Minnie.   :stripekitty:

Also "sharing" Minnie's story on FB.

Kim-
Thank you for your support. The vet feels that it is an obstruction like a string or dental floss due to the way the intestines are bunching, but on xray it was to hard to tell if it is a foreign body. Unfortunately life roles by fast, and a few months after we found minnie my financial and living staus spiraled downward.  We have been building it back up, but it always seemed when i had a little money i didn't have an appointment or vice versa. I was unaware that it could effect her not being spayed because it was the natural way. They say ignorance is bliss but not so much in this case. Give teddie a hug and kiss from us
Jennifer

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,887 posts

View Postminnie143, on 25 August 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

Give teddie a hug and kiss from us
Jennifer
Teddie's story is Kim's to tell, but if we could love on Teddie, we certainly would.

We are making progress but we need more.  Just $5?  Can you help with that to save a kitty?

Please use the chip-in widget to donate.  We have to get there by morning....

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Teddie is no longer with me - she died of cancer in 2006.  Like Cindy with her Itty, I miss my girl terribly.  So we want to try doubly hard to make sure that Minnie gets to live a full life and gets to stay with her family for as long as possible.  

I'm sorry that Minnie is going through this medical crisis, but if it brought you to IMOM and she gets spayed as a result, all the better.  When you have a chance, you can read about the life-threatening illnesses that arise when a female cat (or dog) is not spayed:  Why Spay/Neuter.  Even if you can never pay IMOM back monetarily, it would honor the work of the IMOM volunteers if you educate friends, relatives, co-workers who also have intact pets.  There are low-cost S/N programs all over the country, and like anything else, if it's important enough, you make it a priority.  

Hang in there a little longer, Minnie.   :rose:

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View PostCindy/IMOM, on 25 August 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

Please use the chip-in widget to donate.

Cindy, just wanted to note that I've been having trouble with the link to PayPal when I try to use the widget.  So I donated thru Cart Manager.

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
[quote name='Kim' timestamp='1314332126' post='113550']
Teddie is no longer with me - she died of cancer in 2006.  Like Cindy with her Itty, I miss my girl terribly.  So we want to try doubly hard to make sure that Minnie gets to live a full life and gets to stay with her family for as long as possible.  

I'm sorry that Minnie is going through this medical crisis, but if it brought you to IMOM and she gets spayed as a result, all the better.  When you have a chance, you can read about the life-threatening illnesses that arise when a female cat (or dog) is not spayed:  [url="http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showforum=100"]Why Spay/Neuter[/url].  Even if you can never pay IMOM back monetarily, it would honor the work of the IMOM volunteers if you educate friends, relatives, co-workers who also have intact pets.  There are low-cost S/N programs all over the country, and like anything else, if it's important enough, you make it a priority.  

Hang in there a little longer, Minnie.   :rose:
[/quote
I am so sorry for your loss. I will spread the word as far as it can go. I think there are a lot of people in the dark like I was. I only hope the education i give will help save many animals from suffering.

CootCat

CootCat
  • Members
  • 4 posts
A very special angel Coot Cat named Bleys is happy he can make a donation to a sweet girl kitty named Minnie.

Edited by CootCat, 25 August 2011 - 11:32 PM.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View Postminnie143, on 25 August 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I only hope the education i give will help save many animals from suffering.

It will.  If I had a dime for every time an owner said to me, "But my cat doesn't go outside so she's not going to get pregnant," I'd be able to endow IMOM's General Fund!  It's not just about reproduction - there are health benefits to spaying.  If you save even one animal from suffering, that's pretty great.  :)

OK, West Coasters and night owls, please send a donation for Minnie...... or tell everyone in your address book about her...... or both!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Checking in on Minnie.  Looks like we got more donations overnight - yea!

Are you folks in the hurricane zone?  I'm hoping not.  But if you are, it's even more important that we get Minnie into surgery today, before there's any possibility of vet hospitals losing power and having to postpone surgeries.  

C'MON CAT FOLKS!  We have never let a cat down before and I know we can get the job done for Minnie.  Things are tight for a lot of us right now -- myself included -- but our furkids are ALWAYS there for us.  They never say, "wish I could give you what you need, but it's not convenient right now."  So we owe them!!

psm

psm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Jennifer and Minnie,

I have donated $566.00 to bring you a bit closer to your goal.  I am making this donation in memory of my little rescue cat, "Tiny Cat".  She departed for 'the Bridge' on June 18th of this year.  I miss her so very, very much.

I hope that the surgery will be done very soon and that sweet Minnie is on her way to feeling much better and back with her family where she belongs.  Jennifer, please keep us all posted as to what is happening with Minnie through her surgery and post-op period.

Pam

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Thank you so much for everyone coming together. We just got a call from the vet to bring Minnie in for surgery. YAY!!!! He is allowing her to come in and start the surgery since we have almost raised enough. Thank you all for giving us hope and we appreciate everything. It is so heart warming to know that there is a community filled with people like you guys. We have to leave now but will keep you updated.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,887 posts
Minnie has $1726 in donations. One last donation just came in to put us at the top. :)  PLEASE TAKE MINNIE IN NOW.

THANK YOU ANGELS!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:                  

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Thank You Angels, which you truly are. You gave us hope when there wasn't any. Minnie is in surgery right now. The vet said she is awake and alert which is great to see and put her as the first surgery today. We will keep you updated throughout the day. We are forever grateful. Thank You Again and Again and Again

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Good news for now everyone. Minnie just got out of surgery and is doing well. The vet found a string stuck under her tongue and traveled through her intestine. She had 22 perferations, beating the record, but they were not serious because they looked like they were recently started withing the last couple of hours. Thanks to the angels we got her there on time. her temp is a little low but the vet said it is normal just out of surgery. She lost some of her colon which she will pass in the next couple of dyas. We will find out more at 4 but the vet said she should be coming home at 6 today. Hope for a speedy recovery!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Good timing indeed.  Very glad that the vet was able to do surgery today before all that string wrapped around Minnie's intestines caused a larger section to become necrotic.  

One of my cats, who's not even one to play much with toys, accidentally swallowed about 30 inches of string connected to a cloth fish.  With those sandpaper tongues that cats have, you can see how something like string gets attached and then they can't spit it out.  In trying, though, she must have swallowed more and more of it.  Fortunately I was home and she's a smart girl so she came and parked herself in front of me to show me that she had a big problem!  Since that day, I never let the cats have toys with any kind of string.  Also avoid those feathers on a stick that include metallic mylar streamers, which can be chewed off and ingested.

Looking forward to the next Minnie report!  

ps)  Just curious - did the vet spay her today or did he recommend waiting until she's healed?

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
MINNIE UPDATE, the vet says she is good, having her vitals checked every half hour. Her temperature is a little on the high side but they said that it is normally seen in cats when hey are in the situation minnie is in, They are keeping her until 6:15, only because she hasn't eaten in a few days. Than we can go pick her up and they will be informing me of all of the home care needs.
Minnie is not one to eat weird things, she is very picky of what goes in her mouth. I don't know if she has a secret habit, Usualy she only plays with her little mice, or pulls on a shoe lace while we play. I give you my word that she will not have the chance to be in this predicament again.
Unfortunately, Minnie did not get spaid today. I was hoping she would but they told me to wait until she is healed. So I will be making an appointment for that when i go to pick her up.
Thank You everyone. i dont think i can say it enough.
Jennifer

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
VERY SAD NEWS, Minnie just past away. We brought her home and gave her the 7:00 pain meds, she started panting and having trouble breathing. We raced her back to the vet, and she past away about 10 minutes after we got there. The vet that was there said that stomach contents must have leaked into her abdomen before her surgery and they became toxic. I miss her wo much. They said that the surgery was just a little to late. It is so hard to believe because they said she was good all day.I can't stop crying. We are forevergreatful for IMOM for giving her a chance. My heart is broken and a little peice of it left with her.
Jennifer Antley

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,564 posts
Oh no :( Jennifer, I am so sorry to read this. :broken_heart:  I have been following your sweet girl's case and have had her in my thoughts all day. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am sending big ((((hugs)))) to you and holding you close to my heart at this sad time.

:animcnda_lg: :rose:
With deepest condolences,
Tracy/IMOM + kitties Dallas, Phoenix, and Cody in spirit :stripekitty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users