Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Jessi Clay

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Thank you kim and judy. IMOM is a place for miracles and with all the love and positive vibes and prayers how could this have anything but a good outcome...... I will be with her shortly, and when I tell her how many people are waiting to see her in some new pics with some new bling (she loves her picture taken) and positively beams when she gets a new scarf, she prances around in front of her brothers, like  "look at me, look what I got" she will be bouncing before we know it....

I will post immediately with any and all information as I get it....all of you are Jessi's cyber family now.....  "Peace-Be-Still"

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts
We will all be holding our sweet girl close in our hearts. Please give an update as soon as you can. :pp_animal_554:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,632 posts
Wow ~ You guys are amazing!  I slept right through this fundraising effort.  
Give yourselves a standing ovation!

Posted Image

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
That was cool pic! Ha!  Too funny.   Thanks! :)

Sorry you missed the excitement.   But now we are all worrying about Jessi and sending as many good thoughts their way as we can.
Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
Worrying along with you...I will be away from the computer for awhile...hope to see GOOD NEWS when I check in again.  Judy

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
No word yet, I can't remember when my nerves were this shot. The phone rang while I was typing and I almost pulled my laptop in the floor. Oh Jessi please be strong, we need you. Archie won't even get up, he's laying in the bed just watching me. Good news comeing , right?

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
I know how awful it is, waiting for that phone to ring!  But try not to worry.  The surgery itself may take some time, depending on how much damage has been done to the intestines, plus I'm sure the vet is flushing that whole area carefully, because peritonitis (infection) is a big concern.  Also, sometimes vets don't like to call an owner until the animal has been in Recovery for a little while.  

Deep breath!  :closedeyes:

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
:pp_animal_568:  Jessi is in Recovery :)  
she is 2 screws and a nail lighter . we were told she is doing well but still very much in la-la land.....but is stable...... i am so excited i can hardly type........    

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
((((HUGS)))) Keeping all the positive strong thoughts going just for her.  

Did they say if the tear was bad or if it was torn inside?

Melissa/IMOM

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Jessi will be spending the night at the Ark, hopefully we will be bringing are little fruitloop home tomorrow.

I can't express the joy and our renewed faith that completely unselfish acts of true kindness and compassion are still a big part of our community. For this we owe to IMOM.ORG., all the volunteers and contributors that has made this happen. And of course, all our hero's at the "ARK".........

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saveing our Jessi.........I told Archie and I swear he got up and did his happy dance.....(to anyone else it would probably look like a spasm) but we tell him it's his happy dance and what a good job he does..:)

Now if you will excuse me from the computer for just a little while, I am going to locate my big magnet on a string and drag the back yard........for obvious reasons.......lol

Thank you again, and I promise to keep everyone updated.... hopefully tomorrow we will new pics of Jessi's homecomeing.......yeahhhh

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
All 3 were in the stomach, hidden from x-ray. so no intestinal tears or perforations. It is my understanding they were surrounded by blobs of grass and assorted "stuff" which explains why there was no evidense of an active bleed. she was a lucky girl. I am off to drag my magnet and stretch my legs and back. I feel like i have been run over by a mac truck......but a happy truck!!!!!!! I might even eat....:)

View PostMelissa IMOM, on 24 August 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

((((HUGS)))) Keeping all the positive strong thoughts going just for her.  

Did they say if the tear was bad or if it was torn inside?

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Ha, that sounds like a true mom. Can't eat, worried about baby.  Yes!   This is all to familiar!

I hope you find any other culprits out there that could be lurking.  Can't wait for Jessi's home coming.

Kisses for Archie too!
Melissa/IMOM

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
I am very glad to hear there were no perforations.  That is just terrific news.  I look forward to hearing about Jessi's homecoming tomorrow.  Thank you for the updates!

Judy G.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
I just got home from work...and raced to the computer...YAY RAH!!!  I am THRILLED...

I can just imagine how you feel...I bet mack truck doesn't even begin to describe it...you were on an Adrenalin high...now...you've let go a little and I know you are exhausted...

I hope you can sleep tonight...and I think you'll be able too...tomorrow you will have the chore of keeping Jessi calm and quiet...some how I think you're going to have your hands full...but what a wonderful thing to have to think about!!!  Sweet dreams...Judy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!

Hopefully Jessi and Archie and you can all sleep well tonight. :-)

Melissa too!  LOL

bboo

bboo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I am so, so, sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to get this great news! Can hardly wait to hear how Jessi is doing tomorrow. Love and prayers for you both tonight! And thank you, IMOM Angels. You never cease to touch my heart and soul with your kindness and generosity!

XXOO,

Becky, Nacho, Frankie, Angel Ziggy, and Angel YoYo

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Good morning! I am trying to wait patiently to hear about Jessi. Woke up with her first on my mind.

I hope her mom has good news soon and that the night went smooth.

Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
I too am waiting with you...I know that Jessi's Mom was exhausted yesterday...

My husband Dale has always told me...no news is good news...I'm trying to remember that!!  Judy

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Wow, I didn't know how exhausted I was. It appears, this is not over. The call to the Vet did not go as I had anticipated. Dr. Johnson has been in surgery all morning so I don't have specifics as of yet. The update goes as follows: Jessi is improveing but still is  "painful". She can't come home yet. I am getting ready to go see her. As you know already it is a long way so it will take some time to get back and update unless my daughter can borrow her friends I phone, in which case you can get update as I receive it. Keep the prayers comeing, I already know this is being done because this group is made up of the most amazeing people ever! Actually I just decided I am going by myself, this might be to much for Lyndy, and I want to stay and sit with Jess for awhile. I will call and Lyndy will Post...Our poor little fruitloop..:(

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my. It's so very hard to see our fur babies in pain. I hope there is no bleeding though and that the pain will subside eventually. Jessi will be so happy to see you. Give him kisses from me!

Melissa/IMOM

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
As much as you'd like to see Jessi come home, try to look at it this way:  The vet is using an abundance of caution and is giving Jessi more healing time in a confined space, where she won't be tempted to jump up on you guys or over-exert herself because she's so excited to be home.  Much better than a hospital that discharges an animal before it's really ready to go home.

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi everybody.. I am back from seeing our Jessi. The news I have to deliver is not the best. It was a very difficult visit and an even worse departure. Jessi is not  responding as we had hoped. She still appears to be in alot of pain. I say appears because rationaly the amount of morphine she is being given,  would not allow this amount of pain. She has had xrays from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail..nothing. Dureing the surgery, her entire bowel tract all the way to her colon was checked. Blood work normal. Xrays show no sign of a stroke. vitals within range. This leaves both I and Dr. Johnson with the only conclusion that something must be going on in her brain. Okay, now on the positive side. She has been up, she is urinateing, and she has had a bowel movement. She still does not want to drink yet. And even though she is heavily medicated she licked my hand and my cheek.....Please pray hard for our Jessi, she is such a good girl. Slide a prayer in for Archie too please. He is grieving hard, he is so depressed, it is so sad to watch. I am going to go lay down with my Archie, I am not feeling very good myself. All this stress and sympathy pain has got me fighting off a gall bladder attack. Jessi has always done things differently, louder, brighter, dramaticly, than most.....she's a little diva with a nickname of our little fruitloop......and I figure she's not going to be just like the rest in recovery either..:) This is what I choose to believe......
Thank you again for all that you have done....it's in god's hand now......goodnight IMOM..

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
I am sitting her just stunned...I SO wanted to read a good report...BUT, I am going to be strong with you and Archie...

Your wonderful words just tore at my heart...sweet Jessi...POSITIVE THOUGHTS and PRAYERS thru today until we get the next update...

I know you are mentally exhausted...that's hard...but we are here for you and Jessi...Judy

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 251 posts
Have you asked the vet about trying a combo of pain medications, to go with the morphine?

minnie143

minnie143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I am so happy for Jessi. My cat minnie just had surgery this morning thanks to IMOM. I can't say enough about IMOM, words can't describe how amazing they are. I pray for Jessi to have a speedy recovery.
Jennifer

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Thank you Jennifer, I prayed for Minnie as well. I hope she is doing well. Okay, update, Dr. Johnson hAS decided to wean her off the pain meds so we can more clearly evaluate what's going on. she is still on her muscle relaxers. she is still eating and is now drinking. I have discussed with the vet more in  depth about Jessi's personality. Jessi is always "on" even in a deep sleep. If she hears anything, she is up on a dead run to investigate. she has always been extremely vocal. she even talks in her sleep..:) I noticed being with her that the noises always seemed to be right before these incidences of what appears to be pain. When she reacts to noise her whole body is wired to "go" and if she suddenly straining to go, then some of it probably is pain and the other part is her trying to be vocal on morphine. The Dr. said that didn't sound crazy because it kinda fit what they were observing too. Anyway the Dr. has spoken the words.."I am not ready to give up on her yet."  and those words were music to my ears...Please keep those prayers comeing, tomorrow is going to a long day. I just know Jessi can do this, but your prayers are so important. I know I have personaly felt the love comeing from all of you that make up this incredibly special group of amazeing people, so I know Jessi can too...we will never forget this lesson in humanity, you make this world a brighter place....god bless.....

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
I am pleased with your update...and especially that the vet is not giving up yet either...and it also sounds as if Jessi isn't giving up either, which is MOST IMPORTANT.

The last thing I am going to do tonight is say a special prayer for Jessi to be strong...and then go off to sleep...

I will be gone most of tomorrow until evening...when I get home I know where I am going to be as soon as I can...Judy

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Jessi is still being weaned off pain meds, as of yet there is no change. But not any worse. She is still fighting and I am still praying with everything I have. There is a hole in all our hearts that only Jessi can fill.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
Wondering how Jessi is doing?  Prayers still being sent your way...Judy

savejessi

savejessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Our beloved Jessi is gone. We still have to put her to rest , but needed to reach out ......Thank you again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users