Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rose: dog needs surgery

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

pete48

pete48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
All,

Rose is at the VET she had another 2 liters of fluid in her.  Her blood work looks good, with one exception her sodium is low. Rose is on IV and her surgery will be at 12:00 pm  PST.  Vet estimates 11/2 and then I will get a call from VET with update on how surgery went.

I received a call from FACE4PETS and they have contributed $500.00.

I can't thank everyone enough for your support!  

I will update as soon as I hear from the hospital.

Pete and Rose

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 384 posts
Things are looking up for Rose! IMOM is sending a Letter of Guarantee to the vet in just a moment, so that it will be there before surgery begins.

Thanks to all who donated! And congratulations to Pete on successful fundraising.
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

pete48

pete48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
All,

Rose had her surgery today at 12:30pm PST  3 1/2 hours she was in surgery.    I took Rose in this morning and when doctor examined her had 2 liters of fluid in her lung cavity.    Rose is resting and beign closely monitored

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,970 posts
Pete, sending positive thoughts and prayers that Rose had a decent night and you get a good report on how things are going...

I don't know how long Rose is going to have to stay at the clinic but if it's a few days and you are going to go to visit her...perhaps you can take a tee shirt or towel with you so she has your scent with her...that would be so comforting for her...

We here at IMOM are worry warts...we want everything to go as well as it can...just wanting you to know that we are thinking of you both...Judy

Duncan's mom

Duncan's mom
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Read about Pete and Rose in the Yahoo online local news for San Diego.  As a pet owner of two dogs and a cat, I know how important it is that Rose get better.  I just contributed $25 and it feels great!

pete48

pete48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Duncans Mom

Thank you for your generours donation. Rose and I thank you!!

pete48

pete48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
All,

Rose had her surgery yesterday, and after 3 1/2 long hours Rose was out of surgery and in recovery.  The Vet told us her sodium level was low and would have to monitor and replenish with proper medication.  
This morning around 4:00 AM I received a phone call that Rose's blood pressure had dropped, when i heard those words my heart dropped.
I was told that she was stablized but it was difficult to absorb  all that and to think Rose was alone without me.  I was informed that they stablized her .
I went in this afternoon to see Rose and was told that she was going to need a transfusion , her Albumin was low ( Albumin is used to treat or prevent shock following serious injury, bleeding, surgery, or burns by increasing the volume of blood plasma. This medicine can also replace low blood protein.) and it would be costly!
Our local newspaper  San Diego Union Tribune did a story on  Rose and I;  the story was on  how I did not give up and how I scrambled to get the money to save my dog.  With the generous donations on IMOM.org  Fundraiser  at my friends bar  and the help from family, friends and the community, Rose was able to get the transufsion.  I was able to see her and feed her from my hand twice today  Rose is fighting to beat this as I am fighting to get the money to save my dog.

Rose will be in the hospital for the remainder of the week, and is still not out of the woods yet, but VAC doctors and their staff are doing a tremendous job on Rose as they are  still giving love and attention to their other patients.  

Thank you all for your love and support

Hugs and Paws
Pete and Rose

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Here is the article on Pete and Rose:  San Diego Union Tribune.  

You've really done an incredible job for her, Pete.  Thank you to all who were inspired by Pete's bond with Rose and donated to save her life.  We are sending best wishes for a full recovery.  Praying for the transfusion to "hold."

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,970 posts
Pete...All I can say is BRAVO to you...you have saved your girl two times over...BLESS YOU...you took the high road...and I commend you for that...you have shown your true colors and they are BEAUTIFUL....

All of us here at IMOM and everywhere are sending positive thoughts that Rose continues fighting...I'll be praying that each day she gets stronger and stronger...

Since she has to stay the rest of the week...take a tee shirt or a towel with your scent on it so she can smell her Dad...that will comfort her...Judy

pete48

pete48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Today, Rose has had a set back,  1 liter of fluid was removed from her today, and she was not looking as well as she did earlier this morning when I was there to visit and feed her.

Judy,  I took a bandana to Rose yesterday that I wear when I work or ride my motorcycle with my scent and she is wearing it

The doctors are discussing an option of inserting a shunt into her, and that is another surgery.  
Rose did not have much of an appetite this afternoon when I went back to see her.  Let's see how she does this evening and with prayers hopefully tomorrow she will be doing well and have some positive updates from the doctors.

Thank you all for your continued support, and prayers

Pete and Rose

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Sorry to hear about Rose's setback.  But it's good that she's in the hospital and being monitored carefully.  We are all thinking positive thoughts for Rose's recovery!  Thanks for keeping us posted, Pete.  We'll hope for a better update tomorrow.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,970 posts
Pete, I am so glad that Rose has your bandana with her...I know that is a comfort for both you and her...

I'm with Kim...sending positive thoughts for a much more encouraging update today...please keep us posted...we'll be checking in off and on all day...Judy

pete48

pete48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
All,

Today Rose passed at 2:00pm.  I have lost my best friend!!! I   Rose has been a blessing in my life and brought so much joy and happiness.  I will miss her everyday!

Thank you all for your  support and love.  

RIP my Little Rose

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,085 posts

View Postpete48, on 14 July 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

All,

Today Rose passed at 2:00pm.  I have lost my best friend!!! I   Rose has been a blessing in my life and brought so much joy and happiness.  I will miss her everyday!

Thank you all for your  support and love.  

RIP my Little Rose

Oh, Pete, my heart is just breaking for u. I am just so very sorry.

Rose was such a trooper. She was so lucky to have u for her dad, and I know u were lucky too.

:animcndc_sm:  Fly free sweet Rose.

Hugs,
Cindy
Posted Image

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
Dear Pete,

I have been anxiously waiting-and yet dreading to hear-the news about Rose, and was praying for a good report.  I am so very, very sorry for your loss.  I know it is little comfort, but you gave her love all her time with you, and I know she knows that.  And you did not give up on her, but did all that was humanly possible to save her.  I only wish all dogs could have as dedicated and loving a caretaker as you were to Rose.

You have my heartfelt sympathy. :animcndc_sm:  They always leave us too soon.

Judy G.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Pete,

Let me say, You are the best father any fur baby could dream of. She was so very lucky to have you. You really worked hard at giving her the best chance she could have. Cylothorax is not common. However, my baby had it. I know all to well about the draining every other day, and the decision for surgery etc. They told me 10,000 times that it was a low % that it would work, but it was the only chance she had. We had to try.

And I feel in your case, it was the only chance she had was to try.  My heart goes out to you as you tried everything you could to save your best friend. I am so sorry for your loss of Rose.

I hope she is running free at Rainbow Bridge and enjoying life again there. You will see her again.  
Recently I lost my boy, Mr Precious. And there was one person that was very honest with me. It one of the special vets that I have. She said "This NEVER gets easier. NEVER"  Her exact words.   And being honest with me in that regards really helped.  As I kept waiting for the days to feel better and to stop crying. After reading that, the days did slowly get better, as I knew I would be missing him every day, and that it was ok. And that part will never get any easier.   Every day I think about my boy, Mr Precious and miss him dearly.   Maybe those words might help you too.

*HUGS*
Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,970 posts
Pete, I send you my deepest sympathies over your loss of sweet Rose...in the short time that we knew you both you touched our hearts...your compassion and love for her was so strong...and I have to say if only love could make them live...

We were all rooting for her to make it...and I can't imagine how you are feeling today...you tried so hard...

Rose knew that you loved her...and you loved her well...be proud that you really tried...you saved her life and she loved you for it...

I am so so sorry for you...It may take a while but some day you will be able to smile when you think of your girl...and wonderful memories will always live in your heart...

Thank you for sharing her with us...Sadly, Judy :broken_heart:

Edited by Judy, 14 July 2011 - 07:22 PM.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Pete, I too am so very sorry that Rose had to leave.  :broken_heart:  Chylothorax is a very tough condition and you did absolutely everything possible.  IMOM is all about giving animals a chance to get better, and that's exactly what you did for Rose.  Right now it may be little consolation but I hope that down the road it will help you to know that you really fought for her.  She didn't die because there wasn't money for treatment...... or because she was with some owner who didn't give a sh*t.  She had you in her corner and don't think she didn't feel that!!!  

The 3 yrs you had together wasn't nearly enough and it's especially heartbreaking when an animal dies young like this.  But for those 3 yrs, Rose was loved and valued - which some animals never experience.  The idiots who abandoned her in the park really missed out.

If it helps you to talk through your grief, please know that we're here.  We all understand the incredible bond that you can have with an animal and this is a safe place where it's OK to cry, scream, whatever.....

No more physical struggles for Rose.  Now she watches over you, Pete, and waits until the day when you'll be together again.   :rose:

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Dear Pete - I am so sorry to hear about Rose.  She was such a beautiful girl and so very loved by you.  Please know we are here as support if you do need it. I'm just so very sorry. -Lisa

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,880 posts

View Postkuhio98, on 10 July 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Here's Rose and her daddy Pete from the Introductions page.
Posted Image

This picture says it all.   Although the beautiful Rose can no longer lean into your arms as she does in this picture, she will always lean hard into your heart (and ours as well).  The earthly heartbeats may be silent now, but the heart of this angel beats on for eternity.  Thank you for doing your absolute best for her.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
Pete ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  

Sweet Rose ~ I don't know why your time here with your daddy was cut short.  I will never forget you and how hard your daddy worked to help you get better.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users