Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Fluffy Rostomyan

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses."></param><param name="color_scheme" value="blue"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin...20f41c5b35fa17" flashVars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=blue" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Diagnosis: Parvo
Amount of estimate: $600
Owner Contribution:  $60
Fund raising goal: $ 416 (4% has been added to help payIMOM's business operating expenses)<o:p></o:p>

In order to get the treatment started to try and save Fluffy as quickly as possible, IMOM pledged the $140.00 from the emergency fund (plus the $60 from the owner) = $200 for today's treatment.
  Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Melissa

Fluffy is a 9 months old  Pomeranian with Parvo. The owner needs help in saving her boy. The vet says 3 days of treatment and two night stays are required. This is broken down to $200.00 a day for treatment. We have helped her get the initial treatment stated. Now we are looking to the IMOM angels to help this adorable little guy with the rest of treatment.  The owner is on her way right now to take Fluffy in to start treatment (day one). It is critical we raise the rest of the funds so that Fluffy can continue treatment tomorrow(Wednesday) and Thursday.

Please remember, no donation is too small.  Every dollar helps to get us to the $416 goal.  If you cannot donate, cross posting this message would be great as well. The more we get the word out, the quicker we can guarantee Fluffy will make it through all 3 Parvo treatment days.<o:p></o:p>

Melissa/IMOM<o:p></o:p>

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 28 June 2011 - 04:11 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I am sorry that Fluffy wasn't attached to that first post! But here is the handsome little guy!

Melissa/IMOM Attached File  fluffy1.JPG   196.82K   7 downloads

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 236 posts
I've started Fluffy off with a donation!

All best,
Michele

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Thanks Michele!   His owner should be here soon. She raced Fluffy in, as I was posting the information above. So she should be back shortly!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
We need to inform you that we are suspending fundraising at this time for Fluffy.

We have not heard a word from the owner since she told us she was taking Fluffy into the vet. We called the vet just a few mins ago and Fluffy never made it to the vet.  Until we know more, we have to suspend fund raising.

We are all very worried about Fluffy and hope to be able to update everyone soon.

Melissa/IMOM

Evbari

Evbari

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 166 posts
How strange is that. Well I hope Fluffy's owner gets in contact with IMOM soon to let them know what's going on since this little dog has now missed 1 day of treatment.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: We are opening up fund raising again for Fluffy.  Late last night the owner brought Fluffy into the hospital for treatment. I confirmed with the vet this morning, Fluffy has had his first treatment. Tonight he needs his 2nd treatment.  

Honestly IMOM Angels, We are not sure what is going on with the owner.  But at this point we are working hard for Fluffy.  We need to focus on Fluffy and raise this money for this adorable little Pomeranian so he can live his life. We hope to hear from the owner soon and then we can update you more but for right now, let's just raise a little bit more to get his 2nd treatment secure today.  We need $80.00 more dollars for today to hit the $200 mark.

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 29 June 2011 - 10:17 AM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Thanks everyone for the donations. I see we got some more this morning. Every penny helps!   Feel free to cross post this too, as remember we are doing this for Fluffy!

Melissa/IMOM

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,199 posts
Fluffy is just a pup who has a very long life ahead of him once he beats this parvo. Please help make that happen by making a donation to this sweet pup Posted Image
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Evbari

Evbari

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 166 posts
I'm glad to hear Fluffy got his first day of treatment! Now we need to raise the rest of the money. $80 away and it's definitely doable in that amount of time. Look at that sweet face. How could anyone resist it.

Edited by Evbari, 29 June 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Actually, $64.00 now away from today's treatment to be secured.  Yippeeee! See how every dollar counts! :)

Melissa/IMOM

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
OWNER...I wanna thank everyone for helping Fluffy and I , im blessed to get the help for my little puppy
Fluffy is my happiness and angel his been there for me thru the hardest time in my life
I lost my husband in April of 2011 from prostate cancer ... Fluffy came in my life and put a smile back on my face
So please i dont wanna lose my little angel ..his at the hospital and doin better THANK YOU
again i wanna thank everyone for there donation ..care..kindness and help !
god bless.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,687 posts
WELCOME TO IMOM...this is a place that makes miracles happen...

I am so sorry to hear you lost your husband...IMOM angels...let's work really hard to get Fluffy the help he needs...His Mommy needs him A LOT RIGHT NOW...

He only needs $64.00 to get thru today...then we can start working on tomorrow...PLEASE...Judy

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
OWNER- I wanna apologize for not responding yesterday and thank for all  the donations
If it wasnt for your help FLuffy wouldnt be gettin a treatment right now ...thank you

Edited by aida5645, 29 June 2011 - 01:05 PM.

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

View PostJudy, on 29 June 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

WELCOME TO IMOM...this is a place that makes miracles happen...

I am so sorry to hear you lost your husband...IMOM angels...let's work really hard to get Fluffy the help he needs...His Mommy needs him A LOT RIGHT NOW...

He only needs $64.00 to get thru today...then we can start working on tomorrow...PLEASE...Judy

THANK YOU ...here's a pic of Fluffy yesterday before he went to the hospital .. :(

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Attached File  fluffy 001.JPG   3.07MB   9 downloads

Pic of Fluffy before he went to the hospital .

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,687 posts
You've got the forum figured out YAY...Now, keep posting...it makes the angels fall in love with Fluffy like you have...

We will be here to support you both don't you worry about that...

Did you know that the parvo virus can live for a long time...I am not an expert on this but you'll have to clean your yard and house up with I want to say bleach water...

Check with your vet...he will tell you what you have to do...you want to kill all of those germs...

Keep up the good work...even post when the people don't...some just come here to read...others will post...but the bottom line is they are here to help...tell us stories about your baby...he is SO CUTE...Judy
'

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

View PostMichele W, on 28 June 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

I've started Fluffy off with a donation!

All best,
Michele

Michele i wanna thank you for your time an donation :)
GOD BLESS

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Aida -

Glad to see you here advocating for Fluffy.  

What was the delay in getting Fluffy to the hospital yesterday?  Unless treated promptly and aggressively, parvo is deadly.  I think people will be more likely to donate for Fluffy's vet care if they have some level of confidence that you're doing everything possible at your end.  

The first post says that Fluffy is 9 mo old and neutered.  Did he get his puppy shots, including the vaccine that helps prevent parvo?  I know that no vaccine is 100% effective, but I'm just wondering if he had the series of shots to protect him against parvo.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
What a cutie he is!  OH my, hes darling!!!  A little furball!

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa/IMOM

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
OWNER- Great News
Fluffy started to eat alittle >> THATS GREAT AWWWWWWWWW MY DOLL IS EATING AGAIN<<
that means his recovering  :) :) :)  2 more days of treamtment he'll fight the dieases
THANKS TO YOUR HELP

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,687 posts
I'm not positive but from what I read it sounds as if Fluffy was at the clinic...not, positive...perhaps I shouldn't have even written that but that's the way I took Melissa's post...

I am THRILLED to read that he is EATING...now, he needs to keep it down...

Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Fluffy arrived there late last night. $59.00 more to go for today.

THANK YOU IMOM ANGELS. Thank you for donating.   See every penny is working, look at that Chip-In go up. If it doesn't go up on your browser, CTRL refresh seems to do the trick to get the new tally up!  

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 29 June 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Judy - Yes, I think he's at the hospital now.  But supposedly the owner was taking him in yesterday afternoon and Melissa's later post said that he didn't get there until late last night.  Every hour makes a difference with something like parvo.

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

View PostKim, on 29 June 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Aida -

Glad to see you here advocating for Fluffy.  

What was the delay in getting Fluffy to the hospital yesterday?  Unless treated promptly and aggressively, parvo is deadly.  I think people will be more likely to donate for Fluffy's vet care if they have some level of confidence that you're doing everything possible at your end.  

The first post says that Fluffy is 9 mo old and neutered.  Did he get his puppy shots, including the vaccine that helps prevent parvo?  I know that no vaccine is 100% effective, but I'm just wondering if he had the series of shots to protect him against parvo.

HI.. transportation was the reason.. i live 30 mins away from the city and the vet
but i was able to get him out there thank god with help of family and the team of IMOM
Yes he had his shots but not a parvo shot i never heard of parvo before till now
i got 2 other dogs an a cat but they live outside an there older but yes i cleaned the hole backyard ...Fluffy lives inside

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View PostMelissa IMOM, on 29 June 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

See every penny is working, look at that Chip-In go up.
Chip In makes it really easy to donate *and* you get to see where we're at on meeting a fundraising goal.   :)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,687 posts
Aida...I am guessing that you live in California and have a totally fenced in back yard for your other pets...Do they get to come into the house?  They need to have human contact, but I can tell you're a good pet Mom...I'm guessing they come in and out...

Please keep the updates coming...things are looking good...

Good job cleaning the outside...you must wipe down everything inside also...Judy

aida5645

aida5645

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
FLuffy is an angel...so playful ..happy...so friendley....postive engery..smart..joyful puppy!
IM SO HAPPY THAT HIS IN MY LIFE AN CANT WAIT TILL HE GETS HOME

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Yea!!!!!!!!!! We got today's treatment covered.  $150 more for tomorrow only needed. I will let the vet know right now that we are covered for today!

Great news. THANK YOU SO much to everyone who donated and cross posted, or has tried to help Fluffy in any way!

Melissa/IMOM

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View Postaida5645, on 29 June 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

Yes he had his shots but not a parvo shot i never heard of parvo before till now
i got 2 other dogs an a cat but they live outside an there older but yes i cleaned the hole backyard ...Fluffy lives inside

If you want to educate yourself about parvo, this is a good website to read:  Canine Parvovirus

And here is information on the vaccinations that your puppy should get:  AAHA vacc. guidelines for dogs.  Parvo is one of the "core" (required) vaccinations.  The "non-core" vaccines listed in the 2nd table are ones that might be recommended too, depending on your dog's circumstances.

No comment on your other pets living outside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users