Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Grey Grey Dick - Hernia in the diaphragm

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
Shoot!  I was hoping the fluid build up was less and taking longer to build up.  Do the vets think this will improve over time, or with changing his medications?  

At least he is doing well over all, but I am sure you would like him to be past all of this and no more worries about him.

Keep us updated.

Judy G.

tiffany and grey

tiffany and grey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Grey Grey will go back tomorrow to the vet to check his fluid in his chest. Hopefully, he will have a lot less. He's acting fine, so I think this is a good sign. HEY EVERYONE! I JUST GOT BAPTIZED TODAY!!! IT WAS SO EXCITING! Eventhough I went to camp as a counselor, I guess it impacted me also so much. It was an exciting day today!
Tiffany

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
Congratulations on your baptism!  And so glad to hear Grey Grey is acting fine.  I guess it's just a slow recovery, but if he seems normal that is a good sign.

Thanks again for the updates.

Judy G.

tiffany and grey

tiffany and grey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Grey Grey returned to the vet today for a check up. They didn't have to drain any fluid! This is such good news. They've added a new medication for his heart. Hopefully he will keep improving. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!
Tiffany

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,785 posts
Go Grey,Grey !  What wonderful news for you and all the IMOM Angels.

Kathy

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
Oh, I am so happy to hear the fluid did not need to be drained.  Wonderful news!  Let's hope it's all smooth sailing from now on.  :)

Judy G.

tiffany and grey

tiffany and grey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Grey Grey will return to the vet today he is having a little difficulty, not for sure if it is his breathing or not. He almost made it a week this time. I keep hoping that he will eventually not need his chest drained.
Tiffany

tiffany and grey

tiffany and grey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
They kept Grey Grey overnight. They were able to remove some fluid but he was fighting them so much they didn't want to stress him out. They say it's a good sign that he's feeling much better.

Tiffany

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
Tiffany,

I'm sorry Grey Grey is still having fluid build-ups and that he had to spend the night away from Mom.  :(  At least it does seem to take a little longer to build up, so I am still hoping it is just part of the healing process from such a big procedure, and maybe he will go a little longer between fluid buildups each time...I would say if he is feeling fiesty again that is a really good sign!

Hope he comes home today feeling much better!

Judy G.    :felineicon:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,688 posts
I have been checking in on Grey Grey always and I want to let you know that you are such a good Momma...thank you for taking such good care of him...what a lucky little boy...I'm with Judy...hoping that some day soon he will be feeling SO much better...but from the sounds of things, he's building his strength back up!!!  Judy

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
How is our favorite Grey Grey doing these days?  Is he still having lots of fluid or is his body handling it better now?   I haven't posted much, but I've been very worried about him.  I hope he is still fighting and getting better.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts
Folks,

We've been hoping Tiffany would post herself, but since she has not, I am sad to report that Grey Grey has gone to the Bridge.  He developed a complication over the weekend, which they suspect was a blood clot, and passed away.

Thank you to everyone who donated to him, supported him here, and cared.  Although it is small comfort, Tiffany knows everything that could have been done, was done, and that Grey Grey mattered to many people.   :broken_heart:

Godspeed, sweet boy.  :animcndc_sm: You were very loved.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Very, very sad to hear this.  Thanks for letting us know, Cindy.  I, too, am glad that IMOM donors were able to give Grey Grey a chance at recovery and some more time with his mom where he was feeling better.  

Tiffany, I'm sorry for your loss.  If you want to talk, please know that we're here to listen.  We've all been through this and know how tough it is.   :broken_heart:

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
Tiffany ~ I'm so sorry for your loss.  

I fell in love with your little Grey Grey and admired his fighting spirit and brave soul.  

Rest well little one.  Until we meet again.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
Tiffany,

This saddens me beyond words.  I so thought Grey Grey had beaten the odds and was going to make it.   I am so very sorry for your loss, after fighting so hard and doing everything in your power to try to save him.  I know you will miss him terribly, but I think he would not have made it the 3 years that he did without you and your care for him.  We are all grieving for him along with you.

Judy G.

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 366 posts
Tiffany,  If you are out there, please know we grieve with you for Grey-Grey.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users