Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Buddy - dog with badly injured paw

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 384 posts
Diagnosis: Degloving injury to paw.
Amount of estimate: $1300
We need to raise: $823.68
Spayed or neutered: yes
Caseworker: Kyle

Posted Image

Buddy is an 11 month old Australian Cattle Dog, Basenji Mix. He suffered a severe degloving injury to one of his paws, and has already had a lot of treatment. His owner has paid over $5000 for treatment for Buddy, largely through donations from other organizations.

IMOM's goal is to raise enough to pay for Buddy's next two treatments, each of which include a veterinary follow-up, bandages, surgical supplies, wound care, and heavy sedation. The total needed for two visits is $823.68. We need to raise half by Thursday 6/2 and the same by the following week.

Please help to make treatment possible for Buddy. He has come a long way, and he's almost free of suffering and on the road to recovery.

Buddy's owner shares this on her application:

This dog that we adopted from the shelter was almost put down because no one wanted to give him a home. Now that we have him in our home we couldn't imagine it any other way. He has grown in out hearts and we have grown in his heart. My aunt who is an elder women that never wanted a dog to begin with now is spending most her day with him. Please we just want to give Buddy the home he deserves and that fighting chance at the like that we promised him when we took him home from the shelter. I thank you for any and all the help that you can give us and I thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts for his full recovery.

To make a donation for this pet, please use this easy widget:

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses."></param><param name="color_scheme" value="blue"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin...5e6417eac00213" flashVars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=blue" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Thank you very much.

Edited by Kyle imom, 05 June 2011 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Just trying to clarify.....

Buddy's owners posted in the Introductions section:

his right front leg was split open all the way down to the bone and his back right leg had two fractions in it. They said that he need surgery ASAP on his back leg before it healed and he wouldn't ever be able to use it again. For his left front leg the bandaged it up and said that they didn't know if it would heal or if they would have to take it.... He had sugery on his back leg and his left front leg is still healing and we are waiting hoping and praying that it will heal on it's own so that he can be a happy go luck Buddy that he was when we first brought him home.

I'm guessing that the $5000 bill they've already incurred was to repair the fractures in Buddy's right rear leg and to treat his other injured legs because that would be a helluva lot of money "just" to treat a degloving injury.  (Degloving means skin/tissue has been torn off.)

Is the estimate only for Buddy's paw or is he also getting treatment for his right front leg that was split open?

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Attached File  P1000243.JPG   2.76MB   22 downloads The $5000.00 dollars that we have already spent was for his two day and night stay at the er when his was 1st hit and it includes the back right leg surgery as well as 4 bandages changes on his front left leg. He (Buddy) still has a long way to go with his front left leg and that is what we are asking for help with.  We just want Buddy to be able to live a full healthy life that he so deserves. He is only a pup and will be a year old next month June 2011.  He is home with us now and he seems in high spirts and ready to conquer the world anything that comes his way. We (Buddy the dog, Provvidenza his mom owner and Ronnie his father the other owner) would like to take this time to tell you all thank you for all and any help that you are giving us.   Attached File  P1000277.JPG   2.26MB   29 downloads
More Pictures to come thanks again.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Poor Buddy, with injuries on 3 out of 4 legs.  :sad:

View PostBuddy our boy, on 28 May 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

[The $5000.00 dollars that we have already spent was for his two day and night stay at the er when his was 1st hit and it includes the back right leg surgery as well as 4 bandages changes on his front left leg. He (Buddy) still has a long way to go with his front left leg and that is what we are asking for help with.  
So what has been done for his right front leg, which was "split open all the way down to the bone"?  I understand that we're fundraising for treatment of the left front leg/paw -- just trying to convey to people the extent of Buddy's injuries from being hit by a car.  Handsome boy is very brave!

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

View PostKim, on 28 May 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

Poor Buddy, with injuries on 3 out of 4 legs.  :sad:

So what has been done for his right front leg, which was "split open all the way down to the bone"?  I understand that we're fundraising for treatment of the left front leg/paw -- just trying to convey to people the extent of Buddy's injuries from being hit by a car.  Handsome boy is very brave!

No I am sorry but we are fundraising for his front left leg/paw his right front leg/paw wasn't hurt in the accident it was only his front left leg/paw that was split open down to the bone. What they have done this far for that is that we have to take Buddy in every couple of days and then they sedate him so that he can't mess with the doctors when they are cleaning his wound. Which at times entails for them to take his bandage off then they check the flesh that is growing to make sure that it has not caused an infection or that their is dead skin that they have to cut away so that new skin can grow there in its' place. So far this has taken place 5 to 6 times. These bandage changes have to continue until his skin has grown in enough to where it won't cause him any infections and his skin is strong enough for him to have full use of his leg again. Attached File  IMAG0416.jpg   1.62MB   11 downloads attachment=10605:IMAG0423[.j  pg] Attached File  IMAG0424.jpg   1.17MB   8 downloads Attached File  IMAG0416.jpg   1.62MB   11 downloads Attached File  Attachments_2011_05_29.zip   38.99K   6 downloads   These are some Pictures of Buddy after he had his accident. He is such a smart dog that he knows how to wiggle his way out of his cone. He doesn't like wearing it so every chance he gets he is trying to take it off so that he can try to heal himself. He doesn't like his bandage/ cast so he tries to bite it off. The bandage/cast is so high up his leg that it is rubbing his chest so it makes it hard for him to walk and we think that is why his is always trying to bite that part of it off. Here in these pictures of him you see him in his cone in the yard taking in some sun he loves to get his tan on. In the other pictures we gave him a new tug toy in his dog cave aka our garage which is he sleeping living area for now till he is up on all fours without any issues. If this was before the accident he would already have ripped that toy to shreds.  Thank you for all and any help that you can give to Buddy's recovery we truly appericate all and any help that you all can give to his cause.
Thank you,
Buddy Our Boy

Attached Files

Beth O

Beth O

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

This beautiful boy has gone through so much. Lets help him get the help he needs to heal. According to what I see on the widget we have 23% raised!
Lets make it 100% so he gets his bandage changed, we don't want him getting an infection we want him healed and running around, ripping up plush toys and enjoying life!

Beth

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• 384 posts
Please help us spread the work about Buddy on other message boards about pets, on your e-mail lists, and on social networks. Thanks!
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Today Buddy is spending the day with our family which he loves because he gets all the love and attention that he gives right back. He is so great with the kids he never tries to bite or be aggressive with them. Instead he is willing and always trying to get them to keep playing with him. His tail never stops wagging until they have to say bye. Later I will post pictures of Buddy and his family day. Thank you all for everything thus far. Please help use reach Buddy's goal so that he can get the help he needs. Keep spreading the word about Buddy please and thank you.

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 401 posts

View PostBuddy our boy, on 30 May 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

Today Buddy is spending the day with our family which he loves because he gets all the love and attention that he gives right back. He is so great with the kids he never tries to bite or be aggressive with them. Instead he is willing and always trying to get them to keep playing with him. His tail never stops wagging until they have to say bye. Later I will post pictures of Buddy and his family day. Thank you all for everything thus far. Please help use reach Buddy's goal so that he can get the help he needs. Keep spreading the word about Buddy please and thank you.

Thanks for posting this morning.  I loved the picture of Buddy where it was obvious his tail was wagging.  I am concerned about soft toys being ripped up, as those can lead to intestinal obstructions.  It's so hard to find toys these days that are safe.

Just wondering, you indicated Buddy is spending the day with our family.  Where does Buddy usually spend his days, or did you mean your "bigger family" is coming over to visit with you and Buddy?   Glad to hear your aunt has become a Buddy fan.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Yes I meant that our bigger family. Buddy stays with us. He is just going to see our extended family today cause we are having them over for a bbq. He Buddy loves it when the nieces come over and play. Yes it is hard to find toys for him to play with that he can't tear apart. I too am glad that Buddy and my aunt have a good bond. I thank you for your time and concern with Buddy. Please keep this effort to get the help he needs to get healthy growing. Spread  Buddy's story please he needs to get this bandage change so that he can get to running sound on all fours ASAP. Thank you.

jamiemstolley

jamiemstolley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
How can I donate to Buddy without using the widget??? I have no money in my paypal account and a transfer takes 3-5 business days...

jamiemstolley

jamiemstolley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Dear Buddy Our Boy,

I had a very similar issue with my dog recently. Last month he was hit by a car and had multiple injuries. One of which was a degloving injury; he is still in a cast (but doing MUCH better!!!) Anyway, all together so far the vet bills have been just over $14,000.00. We almost had to have him put down just because we couldn't afford the bills. I will tell you what saved us and hopefully it will save you too!! These foundations helped definately but our biggest contributions came from facebook. I created an event on facebook and called it "Please help save Mogley."  I invited all my friends and they invited their friends. We raised a little over $3,000.00 this way. People liked that they could call directly to the vet and donate to Mogley or donate directly to my paypal account. Also they have more of  a personal attachment to the people involved in this horrible trajedy.

I think this could definately help you. If you wish to do this, you can create the event and invite me (Jamie Michelle Stolley) if you like and I will invite all my friends as well!

Jamie

Edited by jamiemstolley, 30 May 2011 - 03:48 PM.

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks Jamie I will do that for Buddy. So please be on a look out for the invite to Buddy's event and please let others know. Thank you for all this info much love Buddy and family.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

View Postjamiemstolley, on 30 May 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

How can I donate to Buddy without using the widget??? I have no money in my paypal account and a transfer takes 3-5 business days...

Hi Jamie, you don't have to have a PayPal account to donate. When you click on the "ChipIn" button and it takes you to the PayPal screen, you can either sign in to your PayPal account, or you can click the link that says "Don't have a PayPal account? Pay with your debit or credit card as a PayPal guest."

Thank you for your support of Buddy!

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you Laurie for answering that for Jamie because I didn't know how or what to say to him. Today Buddy had a great day. He was running around as much as he could with his bandage cast. He was loving all the attention he got from the kids and extended family. Everyone just was loving on him it would be hard to have him suffer Anymore then he already has. I thank you for all your support and donations to his recovery please help in any way you can for Buddy and us are very grateful to all if you. Pictures of Buddy and his great day will be posted tonight when I get the pictures downloaded to my computer. Thanks again for every thing couldn't imagine our lifes without Buddy. Thank you from the bottoms of our heart. Please keep spreading Buddy's story so he can get the care he needs to get fully recovered.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
IMOM angels...Isn't Buddy CUTE?  You can just see how special this little guy is...

He has a Mom and Dad that really love him, they are doing a GREAT JOB posting and they are even including photos...

They saved Buddy's life when he needed them the most...now...they need our help...

PLEASE, do some cross posting for this guy and his family...we need to raise money by Thursday so he can have his treatment...the amount needed is SO DOABLE...If you can't donate...that's OK...we understand...CROSS POSTING IS SO IMPORTANT...post on facebook and also twitter...get the work out...send this to your friends, ask them to send it to theirs and so on and so on...

WE CAN DO THIS...just look into this little boys face...Judy

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Sent Buddy $30 and my prayers XOXOXO

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

View Postcgerrans, on 31 May 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

Sent Buddy $30 and my prayers XOXOXO

Thank you so much for our donations and all your prayers  they are greatly appricated. Please keep spreading the word about Buddy. He is such a great dog that we only want to be able to give him the full great life that he so deserves.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
IMOM angels...we really need to spread the word about Buddy...

Can you all help?  You don't have to donate, even thought that would be mighty nice...but PLEASE, PLEASE spread Buddy's story...put it up on your facebook page...twitter it...ask your friends to pass the word along to their friends and then their friends...it's amazing how many angels there are out there...and Buddy could use a couple...

His Mom and Dad are trying hard to get this boy his much needed treatments...

We have raised some funds but we have a way to go for Thursday...BUT WE CAN DO IT...I KNOW WE CAN...we have this evening, tonight and ALL OF TOMORROW...

So, please...let's help this boy...he's SO CUTE and he has a family that loves him...that makes for a win win situation...Judy

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Buddy became know as our Buddy boy because when we 1st seen him in the shelter my fiance was taken in by his puppy beautiful green eyes. That moment on my fiance was done looking for another dog. He said this dog has become my Buddy and he will be named Buddy. Today Buddy is doing better but u can still tell that his leg is bothering him. My aunt is so fond of him that she is now calling him her baby. It breaks my heart that we are unable to pay for the medical care that he needs and that we have to ask for others to help is with this. I am very grateful to have found IMOM and it's community of animal lovers that are willing to help and share in Buddy's recovery. We all thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for all that you have done. We have faith that we will reach the goal to have Buddy's care taken care of. Thanks again for every thing that you all have done.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
Good Morning IMOM angels...today is going to be a busy day as we need to raise approx. $200.00 to get Buddy his MUCH NEEDED TREATMENT TOMORROW...

Now...I know that we can do this...

I was just sitting here thinking...May 30th was the third anniversary of our Miss Gracie Belle's Gotcha Day...anyone that has rescued an animal from a shelter or a rescue group knows how much that animal appreciates being SAVED...

Buddy was saved by a family that loves him...you can see in his face how much love of life he has...and right now he's hurting...and he's patiently waiting to feel well again...he's been SAVED by a family that loves him...and now he has a chance to be a happy, healthy, much loved boy....

In honor of any beloved pet you know...to celebrate their GOTCHA DAY...can you see it in your heart to make a donation to this little guy??

I know times are tough...and it's hard to find help out there right now..you can find breed specific groups that will help...most of the organizations want to help but don't have funding...IMOM is here when people need it the most...and Buddy and his family need us to help...

I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS...$200.00 today...can we try???  Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
IMOM angels...in HONOR of Miss Gracie Belle's Gotcha Day...I am going to MATCH the next $50.00 that is donated for Buddy's treatment...PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY...I know that Gracie wants to be part of this little boys get well treatment...

Don't be afraid to go over the $50.00 match as we need to get to just over $400.00 for tomorrow...be the first to take my money...I'll be thrilled to donate...Judy

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,480 posts
Hi Judy,

Done!  I just sent my $50 via the chip in link.  

Judy G.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
THANKS...us JUDY's have to stick together...

I will get my donation sent in right smartly!!!

Come on angels...let's see where we are with funding...Buddy needs to go to the vet tomorrow for his treatment...Judy

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• 384 posts
According to the latest tally, with Judy's matching challenge, Buddy has $355, leaving only $57 to make treatment possible for tomorrow. Please get the word out far and wide!

Thank you!
Posted Image

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you all for all that you have done. We are almost there and Buddy will get the treatment he needs and so deserves. We couldn't have done this without all you great people. Please keep spreading Buddy's story thank you.

psm

psm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I have donated $200.68 to get Buddy to his goal for tomorrow and on his way to next week's goal.  He is a very handsome boy and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Pam

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
I am SO HAPPY that Buddy can get his treatment today...

What time does he go to the vet?

Please give us all the particulars...we worry so at IMOM...we will be with this sweet boy in thought and spirit...

GOOD LUCK BUDDY!!!  Judy

Buddy our boy

Buddy our boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you all for making this happen for Buddy and us. We took Buddy in at 8:30 this morning. Buddy knows the routine so when we got up this morning we gave him a bowel full of fresh water then put his leash on and took him to the car. As we were driving and getting closer to the vet that is when Buddy started to whining. So we pet him and tell him it is ok and he starts to calm down. We dropped him off and you can tell he doesn't like to be there but he does like all the attention he gets from every one there. We are all day waiting to hear from them (the vet) so we can bring Buddy home. The house feels so empty without Buddy around. He just makes the house feel like a home and brings the day to life. We are always worried about his bandage changes because we aren't sure what the leg looks like underneath it. We worry that his leg well have to be amputted. All we want is for Buddy to get all the chances he deserves in his life to be a great healthy dog that he is. Thank you all for your help with getting Buddy's bandage and leg taken care of. Keep Buddy's story alive and pass it on and share it with everyone please and thank you.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
Holding my breath that we see a good report from the vet trip today...

Buddy looks to have alot of spirit in him...I want so for him to do well today...Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users