Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Gizmo: Gastrointestinal bleeding

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Diagnosis:  Gastrointestinal bleeding    Needs Ultrasound and diagnostics – URGENT. (NEED FUNDS TODAY!)

Amount of estimate: $793.80
Owner Contribution: $1390
IMOM Pledged on 5/17: $500 for a transfusion to keep Gizmo going<o:p></o:p>

We need to raise: $826 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)

Spayed or neutered: No, but cannot be done at this time.
Caseworker: Melissa

<o:p>
Gizmo's mom Kelly, is doing everything she can for Gizmo, her 2 year old Pekingese. Gizmo was found walking down the main road in her neighborhood. She fell instantly in love with the little guy. Gizmo has lost a lot of blood and has needed 2 transfusions in the last few days. IMOM was able to help with the emergency transfusion late last night, but today we need the help from IMOM Angels in getting the Ultra Sound done.  Kelly has exhausted all her Care Credit and has borrowed as much money as she can from relatives and friends.  The vet does not know why there is Gastrointestinal bleeding and really cannot continue giving transfusions unless they find out what is going on. </o:p>

We are going to try our best to collect these funds today. The Vet said its critical that they figure out what is wrong today as Gizmo is just hanging on. Please help Gizmo out if you can. No donation is too small.

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin...></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses."></param><param name="color_scheme" value="brown"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin...18c455aa0e2d33" flashVars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=brown" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Attached File  gizmo_martin.JPG   234.2K   10 downloads

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 18 May 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Gizmo really needs us to rally and quickly.  Who can resist that face?  Please Angels - I know times are tough for every one of us right now.  But dear Gizmo needs our help - every little bit will help!!!  Please make a donation and help us to save this sweet one.
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The day that I rescued Gizmo, was one of the best days of my life.   The love in his eyes when he looks at  me, is enough to melt my heart and make me forget any bad could exist in this world.  He is such a sweet and gentle little guy, with a big personality.  He loves to be around people, and soak up the love.  He is content just sitting next to you and knowing you are there.  He is an amazing friend, and makes my house a home.  I can't imagine what my life would be like without Gizmo.  It is breaking my heart that he was walking down a main road, all 10lbs of him on a cold December day, and now 4 months later he is so sick.

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Posted Image

Every morning, I wake up to this little face.  He comes in my bedroom, and I can hear his tags jingling.  He comes up to the side of the bed and uses all his might to reach me to wake me up.  He may be little, but he wants his morning kisses and he will do what he has to do to get them.  Please help my boy.

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thank you for your donations!  xoxo

Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Look at that irresistible nose. You'll find I am a dog nose adorer! :)  

Gizmo is on the East Coast, so time is running short. Let's do what we can to help raise these funds for Gizmo and his mommy.  

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Sent $25.00..Prayers are w/you Gizmo

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 864 posts
Thank you for taking in Gizmo and opening up your heart and home.....so many people just turn a blind eye to homeless pets in need :(
My donation is on the way, I am sorry it can't be more - but every little bit helps.

Angels, can you help Gizmo? A GI bleed is pretty serious, so we need to do what we can to get him fixed up and quickly! If you are unable to donate, can you spread the word to others who might be able to?

Thanks Angels.
Hang in there Gizmo!

Vicky M
IMOM

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

View Postcgerrans, on 18 May 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Sent $25.00..Prayers are w/you Gizmo

Thank you!!!!!!!  

hugs & kisses from me & Gizmo!

BNHDVM

BNHDVM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Gizmo first presented to us on May 13th for severe anemia, which was diagnosed by his referring veterinarian.  We treated Gizmo with a packed red blood cell transfusion that day and hospitalized him overnight for stabilization and monitoring purposes.  Despite the first red blood cell transfusion and other therapy administered, Gizmo's red blood cell count decreased again the following day.  A second red blood cell transfusion was administered on May 14th.  Although gastrointestinal bleeding is suspected to be the cause of his blood loss, Gizmo still needs further diagnostics, such as abdominal ultrasound and a chemistry blood test to help determine the underlying cause of the decreased red blood cell count.  It is our goal to try to obtain those diagnostics today, such that we can tailor our treatment plan accordingly.  

Gizmo is an excellent patient and has been a sweetheart while under our care.  Please help us find answers for this little guy, so we can best treat his disease.

Sincerely,
Gizmo's veterinarian

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
A note from Gizmo's veterinarian!  How very sweet of you to take the time to post. Really appreciate the help you are giving to little Gizmo and to his mom to try and get through this.  

And big thank yous to the donors who have already contributed or have reposted to help save Gizmo. Very much appreciated to help get Gizmo on the road to figuring out what is wrong so that he can be treated.  

$781 more to go.....we can do it!

Melissa

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

View PostBNHDVM, on 18 May 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

Gizmo first presented to us on May 13th for severe anemia, which was diagnosed by his referring veterinarian.  We treated Gizmo with a packed red blood cell transfusion that day and hospitalized him overnight for stabilization and monitoring purposes.  Despite the first red blood cell transfusion and other therapy administered, Gizmo's red blood cell count decreased again the following day.  A second red blood cell transfusion was administered on May 14th.  Although gastrointestinal bleeding is suspected to be the cause of his blood loss, Gizmo still needs further diagnostics, such as abdominal ultrasound and a chemistry blood test to help determine the underlying cause of the decreased red blood cell count.  It is our goal to try to obtain those diagnostics today, such that we can tailor our treatment plan accordingly.  

Gizmo is an excellent patient and has been a sweetheart while under our care.  Please help us find answers for this little guy, so we can best treat his disease.

Sincerely,
Gizmo's veterinarian

Posted Image  Thank you Dr. H and everyone at VMC for all your help and caring for my boy!

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
My visit with Gizmo at the hospital.
Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Ah how sweet. Look at that little guy.  How is he doing? I am sure he was happy to see you!   And I am sure he asked "Mom what is going on...."

rocody

rocody

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 339 posts
He is absolutley adorable. Please angels help this preicous little boy, please save his life you can always make more money. There must be something that you can do without that you won't miss. How about the coke or candy bar out of the machine at work, that DVD you was going to rent. I didn't have much but I gave what I could. My thoughts and prayers are with Gizmo and you
Rose

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 18 May 2011 - 01:35 PM.
took out double pic

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

View Postrocody, on 18 May 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

He is absolutley adorable. Please angels help this preicous little boy, please save his life you can always make more money. There must be something that you can do without that you won't miss. How about the coke or candy bar out of the machine at work, that DVD you was going to rent. I didn't have much but I gave what I could. My thoughts and prayers are with Gizmo and you
Rose

Rose!  Thank you for your kindness and big heart! Gizmo and I both thank you!  xoxoPosted Image

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

View PostMelissa IMOM, on 18 May 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

Ah how sweet. Look at that little guy.  How is he doing? I am sure he was happy to see you!   And I am sure he asked "Mom what is going on...."

I just spoke to Dr. H who said the blood transfusion helped Gizmo, a lot!  Thank you IMOM for your pledge for Gizmo's blood transfusion!  He he hanging on, but still needs the underlying problem fixed, and fast.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
We have additional donations made directly to Gizmo from our donation page of $130.00.  That brings the total up to $175.  

$651 more to go! We are in the $600's now, that is making progress for Gizmo!   Posted ImageYipppeee! Thank you IMOM Angel Donors!!!

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 18 May 2011 - 02:09 PM.

Heather W.

Heather W.
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Couldn't give much but gave what I could.  Such a cute face to look at!!!  Prayers are with you and Gizmo!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
IMOM angels...Gizmo's Momma is really trying HARD to get this little guy help...

And, the vet has even posted to say what a special little boy he is...

What a testimonial....we can do this...miracles happen every day here at IMOM...we have some special bridge kids watching over IMOM at all times...and don't forget the most important one of all... :magicmoon:

Can we skip lunch the rest of the week...perhaps your morning Dunkin Donuts coffee?  It's only for two days...but each and every dollar counts...it really does...Judy

psm

psm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I just donated $151.00 to little Gizmo.  Kelly, hang in there, help is definitely on the way.  Bless you for taking him in when he was homeless, that makes you as special as him!!

Pam

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
MATCHING Challenge:

One of our donors is offering a matching challenge of $100.  In the next 30 mins, this donor will match anything that comes in up to $100.00.   So let's do it, thats a quick $100.00 if we can boast those donations in the next 30 mins.   Come on angels, we can do it for Gizmo!

Melissa/IMOM

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

View Postpsm, on 18 May 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

I just donated $151.00 to little Gizmo.  Kelly, hang in there, help is definitely on the way.  Bless you for taking him in when he was homeless, that makes you as special as him!!

Pam

OMG, Pam!  TY So much for your donations.  I'm literally sitting here crying thinking of Gizmo and how wonderful it is that there are people like you all out there who are willing to help and give so much to him. The chills I get when I see all these messages of love and support for my little boy. <3 xoxo

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
BTW the update on the fund is $416 total. We need $410 more to go!   If we can get the 100 in next 30 mins, we will be almost half way there!!!

Melissa

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 372 posts
$466 now. ($105 so far via the ChipIn widget above + $361 via imom.org/donation.)

$360 to go if my math is right, and I think it is.

Thank you! Let's put him over the top!
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
It's rainy out today, and on a day like this Gizmo would want to snuggle and nap.  Who wouldn't?  He may be small, but he tries so hard to get up on the couch and into my lap.  He comes up to the edge of the couch...stands still for a second to regroup and jumps.  His front paws only reach the edge of the couch.  It's then that he looks at me with his big eyes, and you can see he is saying, "Mommy!  Hug me, Hold me!"

Posted Image"
This is Gizmo trying to cuddle.  Look at his face?!  How could you not want to pick him up and give him the love he is asking for?  Its that face that gets me every time.  I miss that face so much.  Funny enough, thats the same face me makes when he is laying at my feet when I am cooking.Posted Image

Edited by GizmosMommy, 18 May 2011 - 02:59 PM.

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This is Gizmo and his brother Apollo.  Apollo misses his brother just as much as I do.
He is walking around looking for him. He misses his cuddle buddy.  Gizmo is just a lover!   Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

View PostHeather W., on 18 May 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

Couldn't give much but gave what I could.  Such a cute face to look at!!!  Prayers are with you and Gizmo!!!

Heather!  Your kindness and prayers are grately appreciated!  TYPosted Image

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
ok I just gave another $100..hopefully this will be matched..Let's go GIzmo!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
YES! We have matched the $100.00 donation!  Very nice! Thank you everyone!  We will update everyone with a new total here in a moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users