Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Trent Benton

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diagnosis: Multiple splenic masses
Amount of estimate: $1907. Applicant can contribute $1000 and has a pledge for $500 from another organization.
We need to raise $407.
Spayed or neutered: No, and cannot safely be at this time. Applicant has agreed to have Trent neutered as soon as medically possible.
Case worker: Laurie

Trent is a 7-year-old Labrador Retriever who has multiple masses on his spleen. He needs surgery to remove his spleen, along with a blood transfusion.

Here's a message from Trent's human mom:

Hello, my name is Yvonne. I have a Labrador Retriever name Trent who I love and adore. Trent was diagnosed with a splenic mass which causing bleeding into his abdoman and needs surgery soon.  Trent is a peoples dog; he's everybodys friend, loves company,and loves playing with balls.

If you are able to help Trent with his surgery, please click here.

Donations should be earmarked "GF - Trent Benton." No amount is too small.

When making your donation, please consider a small donation to our operating fund so we can continue to pay for operating expenses.

Thank you for considering a donation to help Trent.

Laurie / IMOM

Attached File  trentbenton.jpg   44.44K   2 downloads

psm

psm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I've started the handsome Trent out with a donation of $107.00.  Hang in there, Trent and Yvonne, you are in a most "Magic"al place!

Pam

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
I also have to join in with Pam to help Trent...

Our wonderful boy, Cody had his spleen removed at the age of 13 yrs. old and lived another 3 yrs. after that...

In HONOR and MEMORY of our wonderful boy, Cody...I will do a MATCHING CHALLENGE up to the next $100.00 donated to help Trent get his surgery...

IMOM angels...spleen surgery needs to happen quickly...and the amount of money needed is SO DOABLE...let's get this boy to surgery before the week end...Judy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Judy, I'm sending $50 in memory of your sweet Cody.  I'm hoping that our donations will not only get Trent over this crisis, but ensure that he gets neutered (*sigh*).

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Judy's challenge has been met. We now have $282 for Trent. All we need now is $125.

Click here to make your donation to Trent.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Thanks, Jacki...my money is on the way!!!

IMOM angels...$125.00 will get Trent his surgery...he needs it done...CAN WE DO IT BY THE WEEK END???

Let's really try...Judy

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View Postpsm, on 14 April 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

I've started the handsome Trent out with a donation of $107.00.  Hang in there, Trent and Yvonne, you are in a most "Magic"al place!

Pam
Pam thank you for your support in helping my Trent.  Today Trent is having a good day I hope he can hang in there until we can get him into surgery.  Thank you so much.

Yvonne Benton

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Please IMOM angels...Trent's mom is serious...he needs this surgery quickly...CAN'T WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN TOMORROW!!!

He needs only $125.00 to get to all funds raised...WE CAN DO THIS!!! Judy

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostJudy, on 14 April 2011 - 05:39 AM, said:

I also have to join in with Pam to help Trent...

Our wonderful boy, Cody had his spleen removed at the age of 13 yrs. old and lived another 3 yrs. after that...

In HONOR and MEMORY of our wonderful boy, Cody...I will do a MATCHING CHALLENGE up to the next $100.00 donated to help Trent get his surgery...

IMOM angels...spleen surgery needs to happen quickly...and the amount of money needed is SO DOABLE...let's get this boy to surgery before the week end...Judy

Thank you so much for you support in helping my Trent.  I want to see the old happy, full of energy Trent again.  I want to take walks in the neigbhor hood with Trent and play with him the way we all use to.  Trent was given to me by my husband for my birthday.  He has brought so much joy to us, friends and family members.  Trent is excellent with children and loves company.  He cracks everybody up when he is begging for our food at the dinner table, when we look at him, he hangs his head down in shame.  It's so funny, I never thought they could be ashame.

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Have you looked at this boys SWEET FACE?  How can we NOT help him get his surgery...

He really needs to have this done ASAP...$125.00 is all that we need to get him there...his family loves him...you can see that in the posts...they have also worked hard to raise most of the money to get him fixed...let's see what we can do to get him into surgery...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Please angels can u help Trent just a little bit more? He is so close thanks to Pam, Judy, Kim and so many other angels...But this is truly life threatening-he needs surgery ASAP.

How quickly can surgery be scheduled once funds are raised? I am hoping Trent doesn't have to go the weekend without surgery.

Yvonne, please check Trent's gums now when he is having a "good " day-so u will have a color to compare to. Any time he seems more tired, or just not acting right or his breathing seems off- check the gums again-if they have become white or have white patches call the vet ASAP.

Please angels--this is an emergency. Can u help this beautiful boy?

Gentle hugs to Trent.

Cindy, Tuck and Justice
Posted Image

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostJudy, on 14 April 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

Have you looked at this boys SWEET FACE?  How can we NOT help him get his surgery...

He really needs to have this done ASAP...$125.00 is all that we need to get him there...his family loves him...you can see that in the posts...they have also worked hard to raise most of the money to get him fixed...let's see what we can do to get him into surgery...Judy

I had to go to to the Vet Hospital today to turn in Trent's chest x-rays for the doctor's review.  Trent had that "can't I go?" look on his face.  I let Trent ride with me to the doctor today he loves to ride.  We sometimes call him the gas happy dog.  But I am glad he was able to ride with me.

Attached Files

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View Postk9sign, on 14 April 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Please angels can u help Trent just a little bit more? He is so close thanks to Pam, Judy, Kim and so many other angels...But this is truly life threatening-he needs surgery ASAP.

How quickly can surgery be scheduled once funds are raised? I am hoping Trent doesn't have to go the weekend without surgery.

Yvonne, please check Trent's gums now when he is having a "good " day-so u will have a color to compare to. Any time he seems more tired, or just not acting right or his breathing seems off- check the gums again-if they have become white or have white patches call the vet ASAP.

Please angels--this is an emergency. Can u help this beautiful boy?

Gentle hugs to Trent.

Cindy, Tuck and Justice
Hello Cindy, Tuck and Justice,
I am monitoring Trent very closely.  I am hoping to get him into surgery this week.  Thank you so much for your love and support.

Yvonne Benton

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Yvonne, where do you and Trent live?  Just trying to think ahead as you know that Trent must be with held food and water before he can have surgery...usually if the surgery is in the AM then water and food must stop around 8 pm the night before...

Are you able to just contact the vet and tell them the funds are in?  If so, I might call and tell them that you only need to raise $125.00 more...then they will know that you are getting SO CLOSE...

I really, really would like to see Trent have this surgery tomorrow...I would HATE to have him wait until Monday...

Does your clinic do surgery on Saturdays?  I'm asking because some do...

The more information people have the more they can decide if they want to donate to the cause...even though I can't imagine they wouldn't want too!!!  Judy

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostJudy, on 14 April 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yvonne, where do you and Trent live?  Just trying to think ahead as you know that Trent must be with held food and water before he can have surgery...usually if the surgery is in the AM then water and food must stop around 8 pm the night before...

Are you able to just contact the vet and tell them the funds are in?  If so, I might call and tell them that you only need to raise $125.00 more...then they will know that you are getting SO CLOSE...

I really, really would like to see Trent have this surgery tomorrow...I would HATE to have him wait until Monday...

Does your clinic do surgery on Saturdays?  I'm asking because some do...

The more information people have the more they can decide if they want to donate to the cause...even though I can't imagine they wouldn't want too!!!  Judy
Hello Judy, yes the Vet will do surgery on weekends.  We live in Charlotte, NC.  I can contact the Vet, but they won't do sugery without the 2500.00 down, although we are very close to the 1907.00 (the low end).  I still have to come up with 593.00 which I am working on now.

Trent appears to be a little uncomportable now.  I am watching him very closely.
Thank you for all your support.

Yvonne Benton

Attached Files

rokkagirl

rokkagirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
"He cracks everybody up when he is begging for our food at the dinner table, when we look at him, he hangs his head down in shame. It's so funny, I never thought they could be ashame."

I had to laugh reading this because my baby Google's does the same exact thing! I'm so sorry to hear about Trent. I know what you are going through as I just went through the same situation. I wish I was able to help the way all these Angels at IMOM helped with getting Google's surgery.

IF 5 PEOPLE DONATE $25 WE CAN GET THIS CUTE BOY INTO SURGERY SOON! He needs you Angels! I know you guys are capable of making miracles happen!! You have made them happen over and over again and you are saving lives! PLEASE help Trent! Or at least spread the word!

Yvonne, you and Trent will be in my prayers! I know you will get him fixed up soon.. the Angels at IMOM never seem to disappoint!

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Cody was a wonderful boy; I'm sorry I missed spending Judy's $$, but sending in my donation in memory of Cody.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Kay...Thank you...Cody was a wonderful boy...

And, Google's Mom is right...IMOM has never let anyone down...and I know that Trent is going to get to all funds raised SOON...

I am relied to hear that surgery can take place on the week end...still...we all need to know that we can get to all funds raised...WE ARE SO CLOSE and Trent's Momma is working HARD on her end to get the monies she has committed too...

We don't want her to worry more than she has too, do we??

Look at that sweet boy...he's waiting patiently...let's work some  :magicmoon:

If anyone knows how to twitter...PLEASE pass this along...put it up on your facebook page...pass the word...WE CAN DO THIS...I KNOW WE CAN...

rokkagirl

rokkagirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I will twitter about Trent. I really feel like it helped spread the word about Googles and I'm hoping it will help Trent too.

rokkagirl

rokkagirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I encourage anyone else that knows how to use twitter to spread the word about Trent and IMOM in general! It really really helps!!

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View Postrokkagirl, on 14 April 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

"He cracks everybody up when he is begging for our food at the dinner table, when we look at him, he hangs his head down in shame. It's so funny, I never thought they could be ashame."

I had to laugh reading this because my baby Google's does the same exact thing! I'm so sorry to hear about Trent. I know what you are going through as I just went through the same situation. I wish I was able to help the way all these Angels at IMOM helped with getting Google's surgery.

IF 5 PEOPLE DONATE $25 WE CAN GET THIS CUTE BOY INTO SURGERY SOON! He needs you Angels! I know you guys are capable of making miracles happen!! You have made them happen over and over again and you are saving lives! PLEASE help Trent! Or at least spread the word!

Yvonne, you and Trent will be in my prayers! I know you will get him fixed up soon.. the Angels at IMOM never seem to disappoint!
Thank you so much for your love and support.  We need your prayers, he is not doing well tonight.  I will be up all night with him.  My heart is heavy and my heart is breaking.  I feel so helpless...............

Attached Files

rokkagirl

rokkagirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Hang in there!! I've spread the word to many people/celebrities/public figures who have also spread the word to their followers via twitter! I have no doubt that Trent will have all funds raised soon!!! COME ON ANGELS......LETS SEE SOME DANCING BANANAS Posted Image

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View Posttrent127, on 14 April 2011 - 10:15 PM, said:

We need your prayers, he is not doing well tonight.  I will be up all night with him.  My heart is heavy and my heart is breaking.  I feel so helpless...............
Guys, I wish I could finish off this fundraising drive, but I'm tapped out.  Someone out there must have some spare cash, though.  Are we really going to let this sweet dog die over $125??  Really??

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Hang in there, Yvonne.  I'm sending what I can and hoping for the AFR bananas soon.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Thank you, Mike!  I can't tell you how many IMOM applicants say they're going to be contributors (of money and/or moral support) but then disappear as soon as their pet has been treated.  You're one of the few who has actually been true to his word.  

I'm hoping we had some other late night/Western time zone donations overnight so Trent can be scheduled for surgery today.  Paws crossed!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
VERY concerned and worried this morning...Judy

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View Postrokkagirl, on 14 April 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

Hang in there!! I've spread the word to many people/celebrities/public figures who have also spread the word to their followers via twitter! I have no doubt that Trent will have all funds raised soon!!! COME ON ANGELS......LETS SEE SOME DANCING BANANAS Posted Image
Thank you so much for your support,  Trent is hanging in there.

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostJudy, on 15 April 2011 - 08:13 AM, said:

VERY concerned and worried this morning...Judy

Hello Judy, Trent is hanging in there.

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostMike (Guy, on 14 April 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hang in there, Yvonne.  I'm sending what I can and hoping for the AFR bananas soon.

Thank you Mike your support is greatly appreciated.  Trent is hanging in there.

trent127

trent127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View Postrokkagirl, on 14 April 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help, your support -thank you for reaching out on behalf of my Trent.

Yvonne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users