Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Ascot

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
Another piece of my heart has been taken.  My dear sweet boy, Ascot, passed over very suddenly this morning. He had not been sick. And he was only about 4 years old.

He was playing with Sport and fell over on his side.  His death was instant.

Our hearts are broken.  We are still in a state of shock.

Please hold our precious LBK in your hearts :animcnda_lg:

Posted Image

:magicmoon:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,077 posts
OMG! OMG! Jacki, what a horrible shock.
I remember when Ascot came to u. My heart is just breaking for u and his daddy...and all the kids...and Kim.

If u need to talk, u know how to contact me.

I know Magic and all the Bridge kids were waiting for Ascot, as was Aunt Julie.

I'm just so very sorry Jacki.

Hugs!
Posted Image

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,916 posts
Jacki,

All of us here will keep you, Pete and your furkids in our hearts tonight.  :broken_heart:

Ascot, send Momma a sign you're ok.  She needs to know you've found Magic.   :magicmoon:

:animcndc_sm:

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

This is so heartbreaking. I am so very sorry Jacki.

I know this won't help but take comfort knowing that Ascot passed a very loved and happy kitty.

You, Pete and the other fur kids will all be in my thoughts and my heart.

I will light my special candle tonight to honor Ascot and guide him on his journey. He will have an amazing welcome at the Bridge. :animcnda_lg:

Godspeed little one.

Tammy-IMOM

Sunnys Dad

Sunnys Dad
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I'm at a loss for words over losing our little Ascot today. Life without him will never be the same for us.
I love you Ascot and miss you more than you will ever know.

Love,
        Your Dad Pete

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,077 posts

View PostSunnys Dad, on 01 April 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

I'm at a loss for words over losing our little Ascot today. Life without him will never be the same for us.
I love you Ascot and miss you more than you will ever know.

Love,
        Your Dad Pete

Pete, u and Jacki and Ascot will be held in all our hearts. I only wish we could do for u both as much as u both have done for us.

Look in the sky tonight--the brightest star will be Ascot's.

hugs and love,

Cindy, Tuck and Justice
Posted Image

KDJ&Pet Family

KDJ&Pet Family

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 141 posts
Jacki,
I am deeply sorry for your loss of Ascot. I will keep you ,your family & all your furbabies in my prayers. From the sound of it Ascot will be greeted with lots of love & wet kisess.
Again, I am truly sorry,
Sam's mom Kathy

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,565 posts
Jacki and Pete,

I am so sorry for your sudden and heartbreaking loss of Ascot. :broken_heart: The boys and I are holding you close to our hearts during this sad time.

:animcnda_lg:

Godspeed sweet boy.

(((Hugs)))
Tracy, Dallas, and Phoenix

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
It never gets easier to say goodbye, does it Jacki?  All I can think of is the reassuring post you sent me a couple months ago, about how the pain will go away over time.  You were right of course.

Thanks to you, so many LBK's have a better life.  I am going to kiss my LBK Lola and together we will hold you and Ascot in our hearts tonight.

Mike, Lola and the cute angel Guy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
Dale and I send our sympathies to you, Pete and your furkids...It is never easy to lose a treasured pet but when it happens without warning the shock and pain is so much more...

Ascot had the best home and Momma and Poppa ever...and I hope that you and Pete know that.  Right now it's terribly hard for you both but I know that in time you will smile as you remember all the wonderful times...

Know that many care and if you need anything, please ask...Sadly, Judy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,877 posts
Jacki and Pete,

I am so sorry.  You gave the little rascal a wonderful life, and he went on to the next dimension while playing with his pals.  That's a nice ending to Chapter One for Ascot, but I know how badly your hearts are hurting. :rose:

What a great surprise he must have had when he opened his eyes again... and there stood Magic.  And now begins Ascot's Chapter Two. :rose:
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Jacki, I am so sorry to hear this about Ascot.  What a shock!  My heart is breaking for you.

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
Jacki and Pete and furry ones,

This news was such a shock.  We are all so sorry for the loss of your precious family member, Ascot.  :felineicon:  I am glad I got to meet him.  I hope Sport, Slick and Trooper are doing ok today without their best buddy brother.  It makes you realize how special every minute, every hour and every day is that we get to spend with our furry kids.  

:albkblink:Magic Cat, I hope you were there to greet Ascot at the Bridge.  Send a sign to your Mom to let her know he is ok with you.  

Our love,

Juli, Callie, Ava, Tori and Cooper

Leslie B.

Leslie B.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 400 posts
Oh, Jacki, I am so sorry to hear this.  What a shock!  My thoughts are with you and Pete and the rest of your furry family.  Thank you for giving Ascot a loving home, although it was for too short a time.

Leslie :broken_heart:

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Jacki, I've come here so many times to post a message but went away again because I can't begin to express everything I feel.

I am incredibly sad that Ascot is at the Bridge. He was such a loving, funny, adorable, sweet, awesome LBK, and was a huge part of the lives of so many people.

I know Ascot had the very bestest parents on the planet -- he could not have had a more loving and wonderful home. I'm so sad that your time together was so much shorter than it should have been.

I send lots of love to you and Pete, and your furry babies too.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,077 posts
Thinking of u both...
Posted Image

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
About Ascot

Other than being absolutely adorable...
  • Ascot followed us around the house like a puppy.
  • Ascot had the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen in a cat. They were so bright and green that they looked turquoise at times.
  • He always jumped up on the bath room vanity when Pete was in there because he knew his dad would comb him. This was their ritual.
  • When he wanted to be picked up to get loving and hugs, which was quite often, he would meow and swat at you with his furry little paw.
  • When either one of us would head down the hallway to the office, Ascot would run in front of us and be sitting in the window waiting for us when we got there.
  • He loved to play with his red mousie.
  • He loved blueberry yogurt.
  • Ascot would always come when you called his name. He would also come when you called anyone else :)
  • Ascot was quite a talker -- especially at meal time.
More later..

:albkblink:

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Jacki and Pete and all the Hadra furbabies - Sending you big hugs, lots of love and strength to make it through this very sad time.  We are all so shocked and saddened by this news at IMOM.   Ascot couldn't have found a more loving family to pack a lifetime into 4 short years.  My dearest Zeke went the same way - playing with his friends in the snow and very suddenly with no warning - he too was 4.  I know Zeke is at the bridge along with Banjo and all of our RB furbabies welcoming Ascot.   :pawprint:

Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

TamayasLori

TamayasLori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Jacki and Pete,

I'm so very, very sorry about Ascot.  What a horrific shock this must have been for both of you.  You are in my prayers.

Lori

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,884 posts
Jacki and Furry Family,

I am so sad about Ascot. He must have had a very special mission in heaven to have left so quickly.  I know there will be flurry of rainbows in the next few days as Ascot is welcomed by the Angels. My heart is breaking for you and your family.

Always remember, Ascot is not gone, just gone on ahead.

In deepest sympathy,

Kathy and the Very Sad Magical Beach Kitties

Sunnys Dad

Sunnys Dad
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Just sitting here having my morning coffee by Ascots favorite window. I miss you Ascot

Dad

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Jacki and Pete,

I am so very sorry to read about Ascot.  It is hard enough to lose our loved ones when we have time to prepare, but when it is so sudden, it is even harder. You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet, sweet boy.

Kay

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
Every where I go in the house I expect to see Ascot.  And when I don't, I feel my heart beak a little bit more.

I'm unable to function and do the things I should be doing.

Ascot should not have been taken away. He had such a rough start in life. He deserved better that what he got.

Tomorrow I will post some better pics of him.  He really was a beautiful little boy.

:felineicon:

Magic, please take care of him. He's just a baby.
:magicmoon:

kalehr

kalehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi Jackie,
I just heard about Ascot.  I am so very, very sorry to hear about Ascot's passing.  Regardless of whether the loss is sudden or something you know is coming due to a prolonged illness, or whether you've been part of their lives for a short or long amount of time, it still hurts to lose one that has captured a part of your heart.

You & Pete are in my thoughts & prayers.

Take care,
Kelly

SRMom

SRMom
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Jacki & Pete,
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Ascot. . . . what a shock.  I too remember when you first got him and what a little sweetheart he was. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. . . . God Speed Ascot.

Pat & The Spoiled Royals

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 864 posts
Jacki & Pete-
My heart is breaking over your loss :(  Ascot was just a youngster.....I can't tell you how sorry I am that his time with you was so short...but I know it was filled with all the love in the world.
Magic and all our other Bridge kids will look after him......Godspeed sweet Ascot.
Vicky M

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Jacki and Pete,

Was so sorry to hear this news; sending lots of gentle hugs to you all.  

I know Zoom was there to "pay it forward" and  meet this beautiful  playful kitty ...she just loved cats!

Susan

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Dearest Jacki and Pete,

Words cannot describe how terribly sorry I am for your loss.  I know what a terrible shock it is to loose one of your fur babies so suddenly --- and my heart aches for you both, and your babies who I know have been grieving too.   :rose:

Posted Image

Please know y'all are always in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

I know Magic is taking good care of his brother.  :rose:  

With all of our Love,
Always and Forever,
Donna and 'The Bandit'  :wub:

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
Some days are harder than others. I'm missing my baby boy so much today. :felineicon:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,077 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 01 December 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

Some days are harder than others. I'm missing my baby boy so much today. :felineicon:

Sending hugs to u and Pete. I know Ascot is with u every day, but it's so hard not to have them physically with u.

My love to u both.

{{{{{{{{{{{Jacki and Pete}}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users