Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rachel Blue Gulley

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Evbari

Evbari

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 165 posts
Staci,
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your beautiful girl Rachel. Initially she seemed to be doing well. Maybe she got better so quickly in order to spend one last day with you and your family at home. I'm sure Magic and all the other furbabies at the bridge welcomed her into heaven with open paws. She'll be with you always and will remember the love you all shared with her. Many prayers and I hope you find some comfort here in the days to come. Take care.

R.

Edited by Evbari, 29 March 2011 - 05:47 PM.

boogybeary

boogybeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks everyone. I feel that here everyone understands what it is to love their furbaby. People don't really understand the connection and the love that is there when they just think that they are just animals or pets.

Angella Chavez n Sherbert

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 205 posts

View Postboogybeary, on 29 March 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

Thanks everyone. I feel that here everyone understands what it is to love their furbaby. People don't really understand the connection and the love that is there when they just think that they are just animals or pets.

Staci
yes indeed every one here believes our pets are not just pets, they are our children too even if they are four leged and fury.  Han in there hun,Imom is here to support us you.
Angella and Sherbert

Mariesa

Mariesa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Staci - I saw on FB about your loss. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family. And I can't believe how the ER vet treated you. That's so cruel when you're in shock and mourning. Do know Rachel Blue will be waiting for you, tail wagging when the time is right (many years from now).

(((HUGS)))

~*kamikazekahlua & Princess*~

boogybeary

boogybeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you all for your kind words.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 205 posts

View Postboogybeary, on 29 March 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

Hi everyone. Sorry I was unable to respond sooner. My heart is so broke.  I have to say that after I had a day to grieve that I realize I am so thankful to have had that one last good day with her. When I was bringing her home she layed across the front seat on the new dog pillow i had just purchased and snuggled her nose up under my arm with her front legs across my leg. That is how she liked to ride when we were going to take a long trip. She was so happy to be home. We settled in to the living room floor. She on her pillow and me by her side. We covered up with a blanket and took an hour nap together. Most of the evening was spent just snuggling. At bedtime she wanted into bed with me but obviously couldn't jump up that high so I lifted her up and she immediately crawled under the covers and bedded down. My son slept with us that night. In the morning I took her outside. She made a pee but was trying to potty standing up instead of hunching. I knew something was wrong. I thought maybe her pain meds had worn off so I mixed up her meds with a little bit of prescription dog food. She refused to eat. She was begging for more food the night before and now she wouldn't eat. There is definitely something wrong. I called the vet. Crud, no answer it is Sunday. I call the answering service and left my name and number and then I waited. Shame on me. I should not have waited. She began whining so I called the emergency room. They said it sounded like she needed to be looked at but if I needed service beyond a diagnosis that they would have to be paid in full. I explained to then it was the same dog I had in there the previous Friday that I paid them 550 to treat. I then shared Rachel's journey since that point. It didnt matter, cash is king. She suggested I lay her on a heating pad and get her into my vet on Monday. I asked if she had a way to get hold of my vet, she said no. So, I put Rachel in the car wrapped in her blanket and was taking her to the emergency room anyway. Rachel was taking short breahes. I stopped at the animal hospital on the way to see if just by chance her vet would be there. She wasn't. I continued on. With two short whispers I knew she was gone. I pulled over. My son looked at me as I checked on her and we both just broke down sobbing. I called my other two boys to let them know Rachel had passed. Looking at her she was a beautiful creature. Even in her stillness she was stunning. I took her to the er and they confirmed she was gone. They gave me an option I could have created with a group of other animals for 90.50 or I could have an individual creation for 250 plus tax and keep her ashes. What a slap in the face. Needless to say I have memories and pictures, not ashes. Surprisingly enough her vet called me an hour later. She said the er contacted her to let her know that Rachel passed and they were creating here so they could close the file. Nice they couldn't contact her when Rachel was still alive. Dr. Dani was truly devasted. She couldn't believe it either. Her best guess is that a blood clot broke lose. Rachel had touched her too in the short time they knew each other. All I can say is that I am a woman of faith and I chose to believe even through all the circumstances that it must've been Rachel's time to go. She passed on with her two favorite people by her side doing her favorite thing, going bye bye in the car. Though I know she is at peace and out of pain I miss her dearly. thank you all for your support, encouraging words, donations to imom and to imom for their support and work that they do.

Staci
I just read your story here about Rachel and I cried. You know she is watching over you and your family. You and your son had that precious moment with her when she passed.
I too agree with everyone else, please keep coming back to IMOM, IMOM is a family of loving, caring, ans supportive fury babies and they always want to help where they can.
I will continue to hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
once again I am truly sorry for your loss
Angella and Sherbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users