Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Casey Tudisco

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Patricia,

Just checking in on you and Lucy.  How did your first surgery go?  

I think of Casey often.  She and Button must be together.

Juli

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Juli,

It is so nice to hear from you.  I think of you often and enjoy the posts in Cool Cats Chatter about your fur family.  The first knee surgery went well.  The recovery time was longer than I anticipated.  I am walking without a crutch now.  The next surgery is scheduled for November 28th.  

Lucy and I are doing much better.  I miss Casey immensely, but am comforted by looking at all the photos I have of her.  I’ve attached some pictures I took of her when she was 4 months old at Halloween in 1988.  That was my old apartment and she loved that picture window.  She would spend hours in the window yapping at all the people who walked by during the day.

Lucy did not eat for two weeks after Casey died.  She would sniff Casey’s bed and walk away.  She just started taking naps in it last week.  She is also sleeping on the pillow next to me that was Casey’s.  She has to be near me every second that I am home.  Lucy is very lonely.  She has never been without her sister.  I will eventually get a companion for her, but with finances and the upcoming surgery, the timing is just not good right now.  It is a good time for us to bond more.  I’ve also attached a photo of Lucy and Casey, and one of Lucy.  She is a real funny character – at times, she thinks she is a dog.  She fetches things.  

I know that Casey and Button are together – happy, pain free – and, angels watching over us…..

Love,
Patricia, Lucy and Casey (in spirit)
[attachmentid=885][attachmentid=886][attachmentid=887][attachmentid=888]

Attached Files

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Patricia,

To me it is amazing how close Lucy and Casey were.  When Button died, Callie and Ava where clingy but I think that was because I was upset.  I don't think they missed her at all.  They were 13 and 14 years younger, so that may have something to do with it.  I hope one day you and Lucy are able to adopt another cat to love.

Those pictures are great!  I love the one of baby Casey looking out the window at Halloween!  And the pictures of the girls all grown up.  Lucy has a pretty face.  

The offer still stands to make a Photo Show of Casey (and Lucy too).  Just send me the pictures....

Hugs,

Juli

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Somehow I know you and Casey will always be there visiting Jade.  It is so comforting, I am so grateful.

What a calm, sweet, and special face she "has."  These pictures are lovely.  It is rare that I've seen a cat smile.  How wonderful to know she enjoyed last Halloween, as she will this and many more.

I've just learned of your surgery and illness, a fast recovery is on its way!

Francine and "Jade"

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 31 October 2006 - 11:43 PM.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Patricia, I just love seeing the photos of your girls -- thank you so much for sharing them with us. I especially love the photo of baby Casey at the window, meowing -- what a sweetheart! That photo is absolutely delicious.

I'm glad you and Lucy have each other -- I know I've said this before and you are probably wishing I'd stop repeating myself. But I think it's so important to have someone to share with (and grieve with) when you've lost a beloved friend or family member, so I feel good knowing the two of you are there to help each other through this.

I'm sorry the recovery period from your surgery has been tougher than you were anticipating. I hope you're feeling much better by the time your next surgery occurs at the end of the month.

Please give Lucy some friendly purrs from the feline gang at my house.

Laurie

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Juli,

It took some time for Casey to accept Lucy.  Casey was 9 years old and was the queen of the house when I adopted Lucy.  Lucy loved Casey from day one, but Casey hissed at her and me for about a month.  I had to keep Lucy locked in the bathroom for almost 3 weeks.  Lucy was a tiny little kitty and would run up to Casey to play and Casey would swat her.  Lucy kept going back for more.  When Casey realized that I still loved her and she was still the queen, things changed.  She secretly would not admit that she was glad to have Lucy around.  They would cuddle and groom each other.  I find it a coincidence that Lucy is now 9 years old and am wondering how she will behave when I introduce a new kitty.  We will definitely adopt another cat to love when the time is right.

Glad you liked the pictures.  I have lots of pictures of Casey.  Just like with children, the 1st born has hundreds of pictures and the 2nd child has many fewer photos.  

I appreciate the offer for the Photo Show.  I will send you the photos soon.  Is your email address the same?  I noticed that you have taken on a new responsibility as treasurer.

Hugs,

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Francine,

You are right – Casey and I visit you and Jade almost every day.  I follow Jade’s thread, but do not always post.  

I am glad you liked the pictures of Casey.  I have some cute ones of her smiling.  

I appreciate the healing wishes for my knee surgery.

I’ve posted on Jade’s thread tonight as I am sad to learn that Jade is not feeling well today.  

Hugs,
Patricia and Casey (in spirit)

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Laurie,

Glad you like the photos of my girls.  I love the Halloween photo of kitty, Casey.  Looking at her baby photos is helping me so much through the grieving process.  I am attaching a couple of new photos.  Casey would sit on top of her scratching post, I would blow bubbles at her and she would swat them until they broke.  If I blow bubbles at Lucy, she is scared of them and runs away.  Casey was still mesmerized by bubbles up until her last days.  

You are not repeating yourself.  I am blessed with Lucy.  I am also with my friends and IMOM friends that I can share my feelings with about the loss of Casey.  

Lucy appreciates the purrs and sends purrs back to the felines at your house – and, a special one for Bleys.

Hugs,
[attachmentid=983][attachmentid=984]

Attached Files

DAN4JB

DAN4JB

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 713 posts
Patricia,

what a strong kitty casey was, very heartwarming thread.... all those ups and downs, WOW!!!!! but you did a terrific job in the "i love you" dept. through out and am very glad i read the whole thread from beginning to end and got to experience that for myself...............

hugs.gif

marywel

marywel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 602 posts
my eyes just happened to fall upon the words "rainbow bridge" and i opened this thread ... hard to type, cuz of the tears ... my heart truly goes out to you with warm thoughts of peace and comforting .....
i have held more than a few of my babies in my arms at that last moment at the vets and it never gets any easier ... what a special relationship and connection it sounds like you and casey HAVE .... i won't say had cuz i truly believe that love never dies and animals that have love never die ... their spirits just to another place that our physical bodies can't get to (except sometimes in dreams) .... and i know that casey is so very glad to have shared her life and love with you!  and i really do believe that you will see her again and that right now, she is playfully pouncing around having the time of her life ... her real life smile.gif
pour your heart out to lucy now ... give her a double dose of your precious love ... you are in my thoughts and prayers .... may you feel the healing strength of Gods Love and the peace that only He can give.
hugs.gif
Please visit and pass the link along! THANKS! : http://battlebeads.com

Intelligence is never measured by those who can yell the loudest or curse the most.

Learning to step back, and to examine your OWN heart (before you give someone a piece of your mind) is one of the best ways to grow peace in your soul.

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Dan,

I appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to read Casey's thread.  Casey was a very special and strong kitty.  I miss her immensely and draw from her fight and strength.

My heart goes out to you in the loss of JB Dogg.  He was a special and strong dog as well.  It is more than obvious how much you love him....and he loves you...

Hugs,

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Marywel,

I appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers.  That is just what I needed today.  Some days are harder than others.  I miss Casey so very much and do know that she is always with me.  We had a love that will never die.  She was my first pet and we did share a special relationship and connection.  

Lucy misses Casey just as much as I do.  She wants to be near me every minute that I am home.  I am giving her mega doses of love and affection.  Now is our time to create a special bond....

Peace, love and hugs,
Patricia, Lucy, and Casey (in spirit)

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
I appreciate the offer for the Photo Show. I will send you the photos soon. Is your email address the same? I noticed that you have taken on a new responsibility as treasurer.

Patricia,

Sorry I missed your earlier post.  I look forward to making the Photo Show for Casey.  You can send the photos to juli@imom.org.  

Yes, I'm now the Treasurer.  It's been fun.

Juli

marywel

marywel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 602 posts
QUOTE(Patricia and Casey @ Nov 10 2006, 05:06 AM) View Post

Dear Marywel,

I appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers.  That is just what I needed today.  Some days are harder than others.  I miss Casey so very much and do know that she is always with me.  We had a love that will never die.  She was my first pet and we did share a special relationship and connection.  

Lucy misses Casey just as much as I do.  She wants to be near me every minute that I am home.  I am giving her mega doses of love and affection.  Now is our time to create a special bond....

Peace, love and hugs,
Patricia, Lucy, and Casey (in spirit)

*HUGS* from me and *LICKS & NUZZLES* from tysie .... *PURPS AN SNUZZLES* from sadie and felix
Please visit and pass the link along! THANKS! : http://battlebeads.com

Intelligence is never measured by those who can yell the loudest or curse the most.

Learning to step back, and to examine your OWN heart (before you give someone a piece of your mind) is one of the best ways to grow peace in your soul.

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Juli,

Thanks for sending your email address.  I am still going through pictures and will send them to you after I get them scanned.

Glad that you like your new responsibilites as Treasurer of IMOM.

Hugs to you and your fur kids,

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Marywel,

We appreciate the Hugs, Licks & Nuzzles and Purps & Snuzzles.......

Patricia, Lucy and Casey (in spirit)   heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Patricia, I'm really looking forward to seeing Casey's photo show once you've had a chance to scan the photos. I'm sure you have a lot of wonderful pictures and it will be great to see them.

I hope you and Lucy are doing well. I think of you two often.

Thank you, as always, for visiting Bleys' thread. It is wonderful to have your support and friendship.

Bleys sends purrs and headbutts to Lucy.

Laurie

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Hi Patricia,

Wanted you to know that you and Casey, in spirit, were in my thoughts all day November 18th...My best and my love, Francine & Jade

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Patricia, it's been awhile since we heard from you and I am hoping you and Lucy are doing well. I think of you both and of Angel15.gif Casey often!

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Francine and Jade,

I appreciate your thoughts of Casey and me on the 18th.  The 4-month anniversary of her passing is in a few days.  November 18th was a difficult day for me.  I felt depressed and missed my angel, Casey so much.  I haven't been on the forum for almost a month.  Had my second knee surgery and am having complications.  I plan on visiting Jade's site soon.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

Love and blessings,
Patricia

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Laurie,

Thanks for thinking of me and my sweet, Casey.  I haven’t been on the IMOM forum for almost a month.  I felt so depressed on November 18th, which was the 3-month anniversary of Casey’s passing.  I miss her so much.  

I was in a lot of pain and my energy level was very low before my 2nd knee surgery at the end of November.  I couldn’t sit at my computer for longer than 10 or 15 minutes.  I had the surgery and had complications afterwards (hematoma – bleeding and deep bruising).  I have been lying horizontal ever since.  It is my right leg and I have no idea when I will be able to drive.  I have another follow-up appointment with the doctor on Monday.  Hopefully, I will be able to drive by Christmas.  I am experiencing cabin fever in my apartment.  Of course, the pain medication he has me taking makes me groggy and I sleep a lot.  I have wonderful friends and they have been taking turns coming over to run errands, bring meals and do chores.  I feel very cared about and blessed.  

I miss all my friends on the IMOM forum and have a lot of catching up to do.  I will visit Bleys’ site soon.

Lucy has been by my side every minute.  She is protective of me and we are bonding at a deeper level.  I also know that Casey is with us as well.

Laurie, take care of yourself, your handsome, Bleys and all the rest of your fur-babies.

Love,
Patricia, Lucy and Casey (in spirit)   heart.gif

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Wishing you and Casey a holiday that, in the true sense of it's spirit, is a peaceful reflective one.

I am, again, a few days late in posting but my thoughts were there then and still are, as I think of you and Casey often.

It is unfair that you experienced complications following your surgery, but nonetheless I hope you've healed and that the surgery can be seen as successful.

I am visiting on occasion, as I am now consumed by new responsibilites. To complicate the situation, I've managed to pick up a viral infection which has taken front-and-center for too long.  Ironically, I picked up the bug while waiting to get my annual flu shot.  Ain't that something for the books.  Other than that, things are smooth and gratitude is plentiful.

I read your post on Jade's thread and, as always, am happy to see you there.

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Dear Francine,

It is so nice to hear from you.  I apologize for taking so long to reply.  I am so glad that Jade is doing so well and I wish you both a happy and healthy 2007.

I've been feeling depressed as I am still on crutches and am still in pain.  At times my knees feel worse than before the surgery.  I am meeting with the surgeon on Monday.  Then, I caught the flu that everyone has been getting.  That lasted a week.

I miss Casey immensely.  I am so grateful to have Lucy.  We are becoming closer and she is doing much better.  She is in a better place in her grieving process of Casey.

Take care and congratulations on the new job.

Hugs,
Patricia, Lucy and Casey (in spirit)    pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Today, January 18th, is 5 months since my beloved Casey passed.  I still think of her every day and miss her sweet love and affection.

Her sister, Lucy, misses her too and is doing much better.  Lucy is now sleeping in Casey's basket and at times will sleep on her pillow at the head of the bed next to me.  After Casey died, Lucy would walk up to Casey's bed and pillow, sniff them and walk away.  I am so happy that she feels comfortable again to sleep in Casey's bed and on the pillow.

We appreciate everyone at IMOM for all their support and concern.

With love and hugs,
Patricia and Lucy   heart.gif   heart.gif  

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Today is Lucy's 10th birthday!!  I am so grateful to have her in my life and have been showering her with kisses all day.  We've had a wonderful day napping and cuddling.  However, we both miss Casey being here to celebrate and cuddle with us.  You are always in our hearts, Miss Casey Cat.

With love,
Patricia and Lucy   heart.gif   heart.gif

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Patricia, happy birthday to Lucy! How wonderful that you have had 10 years together. It sounds like your birthday celebration was a lot of fun for you both!

I, too, wish that Casey was still there to cuddle with you. But I know she will always be with you, in your heart.gif, as you say.

Please give Lucy some belated birthday kisses for me.

Laurie

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Laurie,

Lucy thanks you for the birthday wishes and the kisses.  She loves kisses.  She also likes your kitty clan.  When I am looking at your thread on the computer, she is usually lying on the desk looking at the computer screen and looks at the photos with me.  It is really cute to watch.  

It is hard to believe that Casey will be gone for six months on February 18th.  I need to have a special ceremony on that day.

I am going to have major surgery on my right hand on February 15th and will be in the hospital for 2 days.  After that, I will be in a cast for 6 weeks.  So, I do my best to get to the IMOM board as much as possible during that time.

Take care and I appreciate your thoughts.

Hugs,
Patricia, Lucy and Casey (in spirit)    heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

Hi Patricia, We also wish that Casey could be there for both you and Lucy to celebrate and cuddle with, but we all know that his spirit has touched both of you and he is joining your celebration that way. I'm so glad you've gotten to enjoy 10 years with Lucy. We'd love some more photos of her beauteousness!

Please give her some belated head rubs from us!

heart.gif

Martha Jane and Baila
(We'll be keeping fingers and paws crossed and praying for a great recovery from you surgery too!)IPB Image

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Happy Belated Birthday wishes for Miss Lucy!  Give her a kiss from us.

It is hard to believe it has been 6 months since Casey went ahead to the Bridge.  She was a very special girl and will never been forgotten.  I'd still like to make the Photo Show for her.  It is only allowing me to use 24 photos at once and share it, I think.  

Hope your surgery goes well.  Will be thinking about you and look forward to when you can get back online.

Juli

Patricia and Casey

Patricia and Casey

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 160 posts
Martha Jane and Baila,

Lucy appreciates the birthday wishes.  She especially loved the head rubs!!!  She can't get enough of those...  I will post some more pictures sometime soon.

I appreciate the crossed fingers, paws, and prayers for a successful surgery.  I am starting to get the pre-surgery nerves.

Thanks for posting on Casey's thread.  

Hugs,
Patricia, Lucy and Casey (in spirit)   pawprint.gif   pawprint.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users