Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Scarlett Olsen

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 766 posts
Scarlett is a sweet  6-year-old Pug diagnosed with open pyometra. Pyometra is very serious, and Scarlett needs life saving surgery tomorrow morning.

Thanks to the generosity of those angels who make regular or one-time donations to IMOM's General Fund, IMOM was able to pledge $437. so Scarlett can have her surgery tomorrow morning.

We hope that Scarlett will do very well during her surgery, and that she has a safe and successful recovery.

If you're able to make a donation to our General Fund, which will help the next pet in need who comes to IMOM for emergency financial aid, please click here:   Donations        

Thank you to all our donors and supporters!!!!  :)

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I wish to thank everyone who has donated to this fund for helping save Scarletts life. This last week has been the most terrifying, stressful week I have ever dealt with. If Scarlett could thank you she would fill your face with little puppy num nums ( lickies) that is her passion to do. I do hope that I can get many more years of them. Her surgery was scheduled for the 14th but the vet feels that she needs it sooner so her himslef moved it up to the 8th and he may even call me tomorrow and tell me to bring her asap.

Update on Scarlett - As of now she is doing ok. She isnt 100% but definetly showing signs of not feeling well. I will be calling Dr. Harris first thing tomorrow as he wanted an update on her. This surgery is a huge hurdle for her and I am now hoping and praying that she can survive this gruelling surgery. I took the whole week off of work so I can be with her non stop in case anything goes wrong. Again there just arent enough thanks in this world to tell you how gratefull I am to have found you wonderful people. You have given me a chance to have this precious little baby in my life for hopefully years to come. You have no idea what that means to me. Scarlett is my world and her mine. It has been since day 1 and I never thought one could have a bond with a dog like I do with her. I will keep you updated on her progress. I will post again in the morning right after I speak to her vet about how she is doing.

Again many many thanks
Cathy and Scarlett

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Can't wait to here how Scarlett is doing! Hopefully your furbaby is doing wonderfully....and soon on a road to recovery!

Melissa

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you Melissa..... :D

Update 2/7/11
I got up this morning at 6:30 and found 3 small pools of vomit and I knew it was Scarlett cuz I could smell it on her. I called my vet at 7am and told me to bring her in so I did. He is going to check her out and let me know if she needs surgery today or if he feels she can wait till tomorrow like it was scheduled. I am a nervous wreck as she has NEVER been away from home or me for any length of time. I know she is most likely terrified and it really makes me sad but I know she is in awesome hands with Dr. Harris. If they do surgery today I will update this thread again with her progress........ :D

Cathy

Edited by Cath, 07 March 2011 - 01:49 PM.

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I am so to double post but I need to update....... :D

I called the vet this morning around 11am to see how Scarlett was doing and if she was in surgery yet and they wouldnt tell me anything. They said to call around 2:30 so Dr Harris could give me a full report. I am absolutely terrified and unable to cope well right now because of lack of any information. I find it disconcerting at the least and I am trying sooooooooooo hard to be positive. This little girl is my whole life and I dont think I will be able to cope well if she doesnt survive surgery. I have been praying all morning that she makes it thru surgery as I know if she does she should be alright. I will edit this post later when I know either way for sure.......

Please pray for her to get thru surgery ok.

Many Thanks
Cathy

TamayasLori

TamayasLori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Cathy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you await an answer from the vet on Scarlett.  The vet may actually be in surgery with her now and depending on who you talked to, they may not be allowed by the practice and/or law to really tell you anything in case they give you the wrong information.  So that could very easily be the reason for the cryptic response you got.

I know it's hard to be waiting for news while your beloved friend is in danger, but try and be strong until you hear from the vet.

Lori

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I just got word that my little baby is ok and out of surgery. I am crying tears of joy now cuz I can pick her up around 5:30 this evening and finally have her on the road to recovery. I CANNOT over stress how important it is to have our girls spayed. I cannot imagine going thru this again with any future girl furbaby that ever comes my way.

I also cannot thank enough the wonderful people of IMOM who made this happen for Scarlett. There are no words to express my gratitude to you wonderful people. This last 2 weeks have been a trial and tribulation for me. I plan to do some heavy changes in my life for the positive as I truely beleive that GOD has blessed me and most importantly my little baby love Scarlett. She truely has guardian angels and they are all of you......... :D If I could hug every one of you I would but since we are spread over a vast wide internet I will say prayers for all you and thanks as well and a huge GOD BLESS YOU ALL !

Cath and Scarlett

TamayasLori

TamayasLori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Cath,

I'm so glad that Scarlett is our of surgery and doing well.  Give Scarlett a hug for us all.

Lori

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Scarlett is home now with me and resting. Its so good to have her home. She had a tiny meal and LOTS of kissies from me ......:D The vet fell in love with her and told me that she is one of the sweetest dogs he has treated in a long time. Scarlett just has that way about her. I will update more later.......... :D

Again thank you IMOM :D

Cathy and Scarlett

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Day One Post-Op.........

Scarlett and I shared the couch last night and she never left my side. She had a little bit of dinner and this morning she is resting but doing awesome ! She had her morning pills and will soon get her heart pill but I wanted to let everyone know that she is doing great ! I am soooooooooo relieved that all is well so far. Now I just have to keep her infection free for a few more days and she should make a full recovery. Dr. Harris did an amazing job and he was also very happy that there is an organization like IMOM to help people help pets with life threatning illnesses. I will give another update later today........ :D

Cathy and Scarlett

Edited by Cath, 09 March 2011 - 11:23 AM.

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Day 2 post-op......

Scarlett is doing amazingly well after her big surgery. She is about back to normal and I am sooooooooooo overjoyed by her progress. Again I cant thank the wonderful people of IMOM for helping Scarlett in her time of great need. Its so nice to have her home and doing well and I also cant beleive the overwhelming support Scarlett has received from all over the internet world. She goes back to the vet next thursday for suture removal and her post op check up and then she should be back to her usual adorable loving self that everyone loves......... :D

Cath

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Its day 3 for Scarlett and still all is well. She is doing some of her old behaviors now so she must be feeling better. She loves tummy rubs and she taught herself back when she was about 10 months old how to sit upright like a human so i could rub her tummy. She has a phobia about being layed on her back so I think this is her way of compensating. Its rather adorable and people just love it to death. On the way home from the vet after surgery still groggy she was actually trying to sit up for a tummy rub. It was adorable ! She took her last pain pill today and is still on amoxycillan till next week. She looks incredible and seems almost back to normal. Again I cant thank IMOM enough for letting me have the chance to continue to be Scarletts mom and just love her to peices.......... :D

Scarlett sitting for a tummy rub......

Posted Image

Cathy and Scartlett

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yesterday was a really bad day for me. I had PC troubles so I couldnt update on Scarlett. Luckily my stepdad was able to fix the issue for me..... :D

Scarlett is doing very well and goes back to vet on thursday to get her sutures removed and a general checkup. Her incision looks great and I have been checking her temp to make sure she isnt running a fever as I worry about infection setting in. I go back to work today and I am a little nervous so I may take her with me. My partner says he will keep an eye out for me and I trust him to do so ........ :D I am so glad that her biggest hurdle is over and that she is on the mend and will be a much happier healthy SPAYED female....... :D

Many Many Thanks
Cathy and Scarlett

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
Hi Cath,

Thank you for the wonderful updates on Scarlett.  It's good to hear she is making such progress, and I hope for many more happy years together for you and Scarlett.

And how cute is the tummy rub picture!  Take care.

Judy G.

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I wanted to update IMOM on Scarlett. As of now she is doing wonderful. I would consider her back to her normal self in regards to her surgery last tuesday. I cant believe how well she is doing and goes in on thursday for her check up and suture removal. If it wasnt for this wonderful community I dont believe she would be here right now.  I cant wait to write her testimomial for all here to read. My life at the moment is still upside down financialy but I do plan on helping the genral fund once I can get back on my feet. Its because of this wonderful community that Scarlett is alive and well and I thank you all soooooooooo much.  God bless IMOM and all its people ! :D

Cathy and Scarlett

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I got great news !!!!!! Just got back from vet with Scarlett and he has given her a clean bill of health and her sutures removed. This is soooooooo awesome and she is back to her normal sweet self which makes me very happy. I just cant thank IMOM enough for giving Scarlett a chance to live out the rest of her life healthy and happy. Pyometra is an ugly awful disease and no female should ever have to go thru it. I have always been a pretty advocate to spaying but even more so now so please spay your girls. They dont need puppies and they can live very happily without their inside girl parts. I surely wouldnt want to go thru again ever !

Many Many Thanks
Cathy and Scarlett

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
GO Scarlett!!! Fantastic news!  So happy to hear her coming along so well.  Here's to many many many more years together! Give her belly a gentle rub for me and a peck on the nose!

Melissa

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you Melissa...... :D I did give her some tummy rubs for everyone here and I just cant stop kissing her face ! Thats my favorite part of her. She is doing so well and I think she has changed in a good way after all of this. She seems even sweeter now then she was before as she actualy doesnt fight me when I go to kiss her adorable mush........ :D Its almost as she knows how hard I and others had fought to save her and is ever so grateful for it. I think thru all of this her surgery day was the hardest day of my life knowing that she could have perished on the table but didnt. I never cried so many happy tears as I did the day they called me to tell me she was awake and doing well after surgery. I think my family thought I was nuts......... LOL. And thru all of when I went to pick her up that evening she saw me and tried so hard to wag her little curly pug tail and on the way home in her car seat ( yes she has one) she tried so hard to sit up like she always does for a tummy rub. I was a very special moment.......... :D

Many many thanks again
Cathy and Scarlett

Edited by Cath, 18 March 2011 - 10:57 PM.

Angella Chavez n Sherbert

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 205 posts

View PostCath, on 18 March 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

Thank you Melissa...... :D I did give her some tummy rubs for everyone here and I just cant stop kissing her face ! Thats my favorite part of her. She is doing so well and I think she has changed in a good way after all of this. She seems even sweeter now then she was before as she actualy doesnt fight me when I go to kiss her adorable mush........ :D Its almost as she knows how hard I and others had fought to save her and is ever so grateful for it. I think thru all of this her surgery day was the hardest day of my life knowing that she could have perished on the table but didnt. I never cried so many happy tears as I did the day they called me to tell me she was awake and doing well after surgery. I think my family thought I was nuts......... LOL. And thru all of when I went to pick her up that evening she saw me and tried so hard to wag her little curly pug tail and on the way home in her car seat ( yes she has one) she tried so hard to sit up like she always does for a tummy rub. I was a very special moment.......... :D

Many many thanks again
Cathy and Scarlett

Cathy
I have been quietly reading up on you and your adorable Scarlet, I am happy to hear she is do so well. I have been praying for speedy recovery for her, it is amazing just how much our furbabies hold an important part of our lives. It is not crazy that we cry or worry about our furbabies in happiness or even in sad cases. I know with my furbabt Sherbert, he was so sick for so long, I thought I was going to loose him and I cried a lot, but now that he is on an awesome up hill climb in getting better, I cry with tears of joy.
Give your dear furbaby a special patting and scratch for me, and keep up with your great care for your baby
Angella and Sherbert

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you Angela for warm words...... :D I am also happy that your furbaby is getting better also. The 2 weeks leading up to her surgery were the worst 2 weeks I have ever had. Being told she has pyometra annnnnnnd congestive heart failure was such a blow to me emotionally. I felt like I was a walking zombie with no will to go on but after finding IMOM I had found hope that I could try to get her better. She is doing amazingly well with her heart condition and she is totally back to normal from surgery. Now I just enjoy the time that God has given me with her and I dont see her going anywhere anytime soon. I have been passing the word along while at work as I groom dogs about IMOM and what they do so hopefully I can help to get more donations to help other pets like Scarlett that need lifesaving medical intervention.

Cath and Scarlett

Sorry I didnt post yesterday but I am having ALOT of internet issues lately and my connections come and go.... :D

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I am finally again able to get online as I have been having pc troubles lately. I would like to update on Scarlett. She is continuing to improve everyday and everyday she still amazes me. If you saw her now you would not know just how sick she was 2 weeks ago. Her recovery has been remarkable even though she has a heart condition. I went to Dr.Harris's the other day to get her heart pills and had her with me and was coming out of a room and came over to see her. He is amazed at how well she is doing and again I can only thank the wonderful people and supporters of IMOM for this. If it wasnt for you all she wouldnt be here today and for this I am eternally gratefull.  God bless all of you and all you do here :D

Cathy and Scarlett

Cath

Cath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
An update on Miss Scarlett before I lose my pc again........darn pc's. She is still doing wonderful. She seems soooooooooooo much happier and full of life then she did just 2 weeks ago. Today at work I told 2 customers of Scarletts awfull problem 2 weeks ago and it convinced them enough to contact their vet to have their girls spayed. I wish I could convince them all but unfortunetly until they are in my shoes they wont understand just how deadly and awful pyometra is and how curable and preventable it is by just being spayed. Now that I am getting back on my feet with special thanks to IMOM I am gonna be making a donation to the general fund to help others.

Cath and Scarlett

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 205 posts
Cath
I am so happy to hear that Scarlet is doing so well. My dear furbaby Sherbert is doing well too. I have to agree, IMOM has made it possible for our furbabies to be with us today. IMOM saves many pets with open loving hearts, I tell all my friends and family about IMOM in hopes there may be more donors and supporters. Keep up the great work with your baby, and hang in there. Give Scarlet a scratch from me.
Angella and Sherbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users