Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Here I Go Again - Kiwi

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Most of you know about my neighbor with the Chihuahuas.  Since he doesn't seem to want to speuter his pets, I told him when any of the females are in cycle I will take them and care for them until they are out of heat.  Enter Kiwi.  She is a pup from a previous litter of his that the people returned.  She is a very small chocolate/white colored Chihuahua.  I have her baby gated in my laundry area away from the rest of my pack.  I am taking her to my vet on Monday.  

All Kiwi (I love her name lol) wants is to be held and loved on.  Hubby seems to be attached to this one as he baby talks her and gives her treats.  She is thin and bony.  He knows the neighbors don't do anything for their animals.  He told me last night that he knows I won't want to take her back which I don't.  The neighbor's one dog just had 6 puppies a couple of days ago - 1 died.  The Humane Society is well aware of my neighbor but they haven't figured out how to enforce the new mandatory speuter law yet.  I don't think at this point Kiwi could handle being spayed as I think she is too thin but I plan on asking my vet what he thinks when I take her on Monday.

I have told my neighbor that I can get all his dogs fixed for $45 per dog.  I offered to make the appt, take them, bring them back and care for them until they are healed.  I told him all he has to do is give me the $45 to cover the cost of the speuter.  He won't do it which is why I am taking the females in as they are going into heat.  We are financially able to care for the ones we have and Kiwi also but I cannot pay for all of them and as much as I would like to, I cannot speuter them without his permission.   As it is, I worm them, give them all their shots besides rabies, feed them, make sure they have clean water everyday, trim toenails, check their ears and play with them.  My neighbors do not give these dogs any attention.  They live outside 24/7.  He gave me $20 one time to help with the cost of food but I used that to get shots and worm medicine for them.  I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall with these people.  I think I just needed to vent a little.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  I try talking to these people but I think it goes in one ear and out the other.

Anywho, I will get a picture of Kiwi and post it so y'all can see just how adorable she is.

P.S.  I will also post a new pic of Belle.  Belle is doing GREAT!  She is definitely her mama's (me) baby.  I had her to the vet recently and the my vet thinks it's awesome how far she has come since they first saw her.
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Took Kiwi to the vet today.  She weighs 4 lbs.  She got her rabies shot and got HW tested (negative - YAY).  She didn't mind the shot but she cried and growled when they drew blood for her HW test.  

She like to get on Dakota's (Aussie/Gr. Pyranese mix) back when Dakota is laying down.  She will either just sit there or will walk around on Kota's back.  I've been trying to get a pic of her when she is doing that.

Thought I would give y'all the update. :)
Kat n her K9 Crew
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,893 posts
You are so good...I was telling a friend of mine what you do for those so called people next door to you...

What did the vet say about spaying that little girl?  And I do mean little...I can't imagine a 4 lb. dog...our cat weighs 15 lbs.!!!  

I know she's in good hands and I can tell that you're loving her more each day...

I am SO GLAD to hear that Belle is doing so well...

Perhaps you can just add this little one to your pack...I just cringe when I think of your neighbors...but, the dogs sure have an angel watching over them...bless you.  Judy

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Hi Judy -

Yes it's true, I love Kiwi to death.  She will not be going back.  If the neighbors say anything to me, I will present them with the vet bill like I did with Belle. (I am sneaky LOL.)  Kiwi has a severe overbite that she inherited from her dad.  It reminds me of a shark's jaw so I call her my little land shark.  I didn't get to see my normal vet yesterday and the vet I did see seems to think her weight is fine.  I told her that no, she is too thin and could stand to gain a pound or so before being spayed.  One of the pups from the last litter (not the one they just had) is close to coming in heat also.  I am watching her closely so I can bring her here.  I have named her Chloe.

Belle and Kiwi like playing together.  They get the zoomies and they rassle with each other.  I don't know what it is about Dakota but both Belle and Kiwi like playing with her also.  Just picture two little Chihuahuas playing with a 100lb. dog. My tree climber, Maggie, enjoys playing with them also.  My other ones don't want to be bothered but they are older.  Kiwi tries really hard to play with my long-haried Chi but she doesn't want anything to do with them.  She does things on her own terms..lol.

I have a couple of pics that I need to upload to my computer.  I have been extremely busy as of late as my stepdaughter is moving to Waco.  I have been looking at houses for her so that has kept me very busy on top of all the other things I have going on.

I saw where Tuck and Justice are doing good.  I am so happy that they are back on that train.  I know that Cindy had a rough time with the boys there for a while and am happy all the circle running helped.

I will get the pics uploaded and posted soon.
Kat n her K9 Crew

Posted Image

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Posted Image

This is Kiwi.

Posted Image

This is Belle.

Sorry it took me a bit to get these pics here for y'all.  My life was crazy for a while but it's slowing down a little now.  :)
Kat n her K9 Crew

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,028 posts
Can u say 'stinkin' cute?' Well that's what they are!!

I'm so glad u posted the pics!!

I hope u got ur step-daughter moved OK.

I REALLY enjoy ur descriptions of all the furkids. Sounds like life is quite an adventure in ur household. Of course we have the 5 mini's in the house-life is interesting!!

Hugs to u and all the kids!
Posted Image

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Forgot to add that Kiwi and Belle are actually half sisters.  They both have the same dads.  When I bring Chloe here, she will be half sisters with Kiwi because they share the same mom.  Just thinking about this hurts my head...lol.

Update on the litter next door - they are down to four now.  One pup died shortly after birth and I guess the other one wasn't eating very well due to the others pushing her out of the way.  So the next door neighbor lady decided to bottle feed.  She fed the pup and put her back in with the rest of the litter and mama dog suffocated her.  GRRRRRR.  I asked her why didn't she bring the pup to me and she said I wasn't home.  :(  They now have these pups outside during the day....grrrrrrr.  And, of course, I am already attached to the pups.  And it's very evident they don't believe in washing the bedding that is in the box for the pups. :(  I just don't understand some people.

Cindy - stepdaughter is all moved in finally but she brings her laundry to me on the weekends.  We are giving her a washer but haven't been able to get it to her house yet.  It's amazing how much laundry of hers there is to do with her having 5 kids. . . . .
Kat n her K9 Crew

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users