Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Pooh Matthews

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Diagnosis: Bladder Stones
Total amount needed :$1255
Owner contribution:$755

Need to raise:
$500
Neutered: Yes
Case Worker: Tammy

Pooh is a handsome 13 yr old orange stripped kitty with Bladder Stones.

This little guy is starting to have trouble going potty and is in pain. He is at risk of a urinary blockage at any moment. The clock is ticking for this boy.

He must have surgery on Wednesday, as that is the only day the surgeon is available. His prognosis with surgery is good.

If you can contribute to help Pooh receive his surgery, please click here to make a donation.
Donations should be designated "GF - Pooh Matthews."

Pooh's mama Kim loves him so very much and they need to have many more years together. She will be along shortly to tell you all about her special boy.

IMOM angels, I know we can do this for this handsome little fella.

Tammy- IMOM
:dal:

Everyone please meet Pooh.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
YAY...I am so happy to see that Pooh has made it the approved for fund raising page....

I know that Pooh's Momma is going to be posting soon...you have to remember it takes time to figure out the forum...but, I know that we are going to be hearing all about Pooh soon...I can't wait...Judy

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
I want to thank IMOM from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to post my situation that I am currently having with my baby Pooh. He has been a family member for 13 years and never has had a problem before this. He was recently diagnoised with Bladder Stones, which is life threatening without surgery. He is in extreme pain and is on medication pending the surgery. The surgery is needed ASAP. It really hurts me to see how much he is in pain and I am not able to help him. Posted Image

I have been working deligently trying to raise funds on my own. Currently, I have been able to obtain all but $500.00. I am a single mom with a son in college and due to the economy I have lost my home to foreclosure. If you could find it in your heart to donate ANYTHING . Pooh and I would really appreciate it.

Posted Image

Pooh's Mom

Edited by Pooh, 01 February 2011 - 04:15 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Congratulations on raising funds for Pooh...IMOM is FULL OF ANGELS...it's an amazing place and we welcome you both...

The best thing you can do for Pooh is post, post and post some more...your love for Pooh shows and shows so it won't be hard to tell others all about him and make them love him also...

Good Luck...and keep up strong...Pooh needs you now, more than ever...Judy

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Just wanted to give an update on Pooh......he was so happy to see me today when I got home. He knew mom had some great news to share I was sooooooo happy today just knowing he will be helped soon and out of pain. I love him dearly. I am watching his every move. He is staying very close to me.

I know that everything will work out for us. I have just kept the prayers going these past few days.

Thank you so much for extending your kind words to me and Pooh.  He is starting to purr alittle tonight.

Pooh and Mom

Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I didn't even know furbabies could get stones. I cannot imagine the pain. Give Pooh a tender kiss on the head from us and I truely hope he can get relief soon! Tell him to hang in there.....mommys working on it!

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
I sure did give him some kisses on his little head and told him that the IMOM Angels are surely coming to help us out.  

Well we are going to try to get some rest tonight. I have been up every few hours just checking on Pooh and making sure that he is urinating and not blocked while we wait patiently.

Posted Image

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Thank you Judy for all your encouragement .....your inspiring words helps more than you will ever know.....

Posted Image

Pooh's Mom (Kim)

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Melissa,

I had no idea our little furbabies could have stones either. I was in total shock when they diagnoised him with having them. I went to the library and the internet and read about it too. There are several different kinds as well.

I have given him his meds for the night so he can sleep for a little while......

Posted Image

HeidiLL

HeidiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
What a handsome boy! We need to get him feeling better SOON! Have donated what I can for now.

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Heidi,
Thank you so much for your donation.  Pooh & I really appreciate you.  I am a little bias but I agree he is a handsome boy and sweet too. Thanks again.

Pooh's mom, Kim

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Hello ,

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Pooh.  We had a somewhat challenged morning as he has had a few accidents on the way to the litter box.  I will be sharing more photos soon.  At the moment he is resting in the window. Will make another posting later today.  Thanks to anyone that has made a donation, every little bit helps.  We are staying positive.

Pooh's Mom

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I'm sending $12 your way. You've done a great job so far--this is a very doable amount by Wednesday. Best wishes!

:eight:

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Thank you so much for your donation. You are a blessing to Pooh and I.

God Bless You

Pooh and Mom

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Pooh is in alittle more pain today.I can tell with each day that passes. He is scheduled to have his surgery on Wednesday but still trying to raise the funding to make this happen. .....

Posted Image Please ...Please help if you can. Any donation will be appreciated greatly.

I just want my sweet boy back to his playful self.

Pooh's mom

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Great job with your posts and updates...Pooh is a lovely kitty and he has a GREAT MOMMA!!!  Keep up the good work...Judy

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Thank you ....I am trying to stay very positive about his situation. With all the prayers and Angels that are reaching out to us I am sure that we will meet our goal ! I am just happy that I have the opportunity to use the IMOM website to help......

Please just keep us in your prayers and thoughts..... Pooh

Edited by Pooh, 29 January 2011 - 09:21 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
Sending kisses and get well wishes to Pooh.   :felineicon:
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Fund update..

Pooh has received $187 in donations. Thank you!! All we need is another $313 so Pooh can have surgery.

I'm sure you are all aware that Pooh could get blocked at any time and how serious that is. Let's this this kitty in for surgery so that doesn't happen.

:magicmoon:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Dear Jackie & IMOM Angels,

Pooh & I thank You so much for your donations. We are coming up on the halfway mark and I have no doubt that theIMOM community will get us there.  Your prayers and donations are needed & appreciated.  

Now an update on his condition. He is getting somewhat worse.  He is having trouble controling his bladder and having accidents for the last 2 days.  He is feeling like he is in trouble with his mama when he has an accident and it breaks my heart.

Thanks again for anything you can do to help save this little boy's life.

Pooh's mom

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Dear CatPaws,

I gave Pooh hugs & kisses from you. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  It really does help.

Pooh's Mom, Kim

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
I have a 13 year old orange stripy cat (or OSC) myself, and there is nothing sweeter than an orange stripy boy.  I guess our boys would be considered "senior," but they sure don't act like it and have much more love to share.  I'm sending in a donation, and hope that others can help getting your OSC to All Funds Raised and into surgery and out of pain.

:pp_animal_616:

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Kay,
I agree with you that our boys are considered seniors but you can't tell it when they are healthy by their spuninest.  I can't wait for him to feel better so he can play with milk jug rings and squnches (hair bands).  Thank  you so much for your donation. I am hopeful that all funds will be raised so surgery can take place Wed. morning so he can get out of pain.

Pooh & Mom

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 254 posts
Donation sent for Pooh. Bladder stones hurt. :-(

All best,
Michele

k2ofcu

k2ofcu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

View PostMichele W, on 30 January 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

Donation sent for Pooh. Bladder stones hurt. :-(

Agreed-imagine having a rough pebble floating around inside your bladder, abrading tender transitional epithelial cells.  
OUCH!!

Again, am on fumes $ wise, but sent in donation via Paypal.

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Thank you Michele for your donation. Pooh should be getting better soon. I know that it HURTS so bad for him and his crys confirm that.

Thanks again

Pooh and Mom

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts

View Postk2ofcu, on 30 January 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

Agreed-imagine having a rough pebble floating around inside your bladder, abrading tender transitional epithelial cells.  
OUCH!!

Again, am on fumes $ wise, but sent in donation via Paypal.

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Posted Image Yes ... I can relate to fumes. That was so kind of you. Everyone associated with IMOM has been so caring. I will not forget you all.

Pooh's Mom

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
I am very happy to report Pooh now has $427 !!!! Angels you are the best, thank you so much for your generosity. :thanks3:

We are almost there.

Let's all skip those fancy coffees tomorrow, dig in those couch cushions and raid those change jars!

We only need $73 to reach our goal !

Hang in there Pooh and Kim

Tammy-IMOM
:dal:

Edited by Tammy IMOM, 30 January 2011 - 09:08 PM.

Pooh

Pooh

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Posted Image  Pooh's evening update ...

Pooh is about the same except for the repeated accidents before he can make it to the liter box, of course he can not help it. Poor lil fella. I feel so badly for him.... Wednesday can not come quick enough. I tell him just hold on honey bunny ....help is coming.

Posted Image  Pooh's Mom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users