Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoe Moore

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
Name: Zoe Moore
Diagnosis: Prolapsed uterus
Amount needed: $492
Owner can contribute $20

We need to raise $472

Zoe is a 12 year old Akita

Note from Zoe's family:

Zoe is my baby girl. I got her from a friend who was going to take her to a shelter. She is my protector. She is curious, generous with kisses and always looking for more attention. I've had her for 12 years, she is my daughter. I would take the pain myself if I could

Please help with a donation of any amount so we can get this sweet girl in for surgery ASAP. Mark your donation for Zoe Moore. Click here

Attached Files

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Please help save my sweet baby Zoe!!
We are in desperate need of any support or
donation you can give.   Her uterus needs
immediate attention, please help me save her!

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 06 December 2010 - 05:21 PM, said:

Name: Zoe Moore
Diagnosis: Prolapsed uterus
Amount needed: $492
Owner can contribute $20

We need to raise $472

Zoe is a 12 year old Akita

Note from Zoe's family:

Please help with a donation of any amount so we can get this sweet girl in for surgery ASAP. Mark your donation for Zoe Moore. Click here

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
This is Zoe at 12 yrs. Old playing chase with me, a few months
Before she got sick.  Even at 12 she still loves to play.  Zoe is so full
of life and energy.  She's got a huge heart and I know misses
Our days of playing chase.... Please help my baby Zoe...

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
IMOM angels...this sweet girl needs our help and she needs our help quickly.

The amount needed is so doable...let's try our best to give Zoe and her Momma some moral support here as they work to raise the funds needed to get Zoe well again.

Zoe is 12 yrs. old and what is more deserving than a wonderful senior dog?  I love all dogs but there something so special about those seniors...they are so wise and knowing...

Zoe's Momma...tell us some things about Zoe...I can see that she is absolutely beautiful...she's been with you a long time.  I am sure you have some wonderful things you can tell us about her...

I know that you are upset and stressed...who wouldn't be...but know that everyone here at IMOM cares....if you're upset, let us know and we'll try our best to help you out...I know how hard it is to watch Zoe having problems...but we are here to understand......

Know that people care...I think that will help you help Zoe...Judy

karen c

karen c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
What a gorgeous fluffy girl!  I'm heading over to the donations page now.  Be well, Zoe!  My kitties are sending healing purrrrrrrrs.

4lucy

4lucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
What a sweet face Zoe has!  Going to make a donation now.  Wish I could give more but it all helps get to the goal of a healthy Zoe.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
Zoe has $66 in donations! Please help Zoe and donate any amount you can. Click here

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,078 posts
Zoe is beautiful.
Angels, please help Zoe if u can. Any size donation will help Zoe get the help she needs-no donation is too small. This senior dog needs help fast--can u help her?

As Judy said, please tell everyone abt Zoe. I know u must have stories to tell abt Zoe, and we want to hear them.

Hugs to Zoe!

Cindy, Tuck and Justice
Posted Image

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
When Zoe was born she was solid black n was a total furball.. My bestfriend got her in January of 99' and less then a yr later was married with a child living in an appt.. So luckily I was called upon 2 get my dreamdog.. I'd always wanted an Akita and we had all lived together up until my friend was married.. I already felt like she was my dog, something about raising them from a pup you just totally bond and they grow on you no matter wat the breed.. Zoe has always been a lil mischievous but still a gr8 dog... She once ate my roomates birthday cake alluminum foil and all... We didn't even get a single bite.. We left it on the counter wrapped very well n pushed to the back of the counter well out of reach, so we thought.. We came home that nt and was sadly mistaken aftr hrs of wondering where it went!!! Yellow cake n chocolate icing my favorite.. I still 2 this day can't figure outhow she did it butapparently was no problem 4 her.  She loves food n can't help but follow her nose 2 any scent or smell worth  smelling.. Every once n a while she likes her lil bowl of milk but will drink tons of water every few hrs.. Lil warm@ these parts 4 her n Memphis but cooling off quickly n she loves 2 b outside this time of yr. Thanks so much 2 everyone that has contributed to her surg. I truly appreciate everythng and so will my baby girl Zoe...

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
Zoe's family has some wonderful stories to share...I had to smile as I read about her eating the birthday cake...We had a similar thing happen at our house with a box of carmels...we thought they were far enough back on the counter to be safe...NOT...Cody and Kayla got the whole box and ate it box and all the wrappings...We called the emergency center and they said give them a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to make them throw up...well, 3 tablesppons later...nothing...but thank heavens they were alright...

Zoe is a beautiful girl and as I said before...seniors deserve so much...they are dignified and majestic...this girl needs to be happy again and she is getting closer...let's make this happen!!  Judy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
Thanks to the generosity of our community, Zoe has received enough in donations so that IMOM can pledge the difference.

Thanks so much to all of you!! :magicmoon:

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 07 December 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

Thanks to the generosity of our community, Zoe has received enough in donations so that IMOM can pledge the difference.

Thanks so much to all of you!! Posted Image

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I really want to thank IMOM and everyone in the community for your donations, support and kind words... You have saved my sweet Zoe!  I cannot wait to post more pictures of her recovering and finally getting to play chase outside... I just can't thank you enough...Posted Image

thank you,

Dustin and Zoe

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
Please let us know when Zoe's surgery is scheduled for...we will be here for you both...sending positive thoughts and prayers that Zoe does well...

I am SO HAPPY for you both...Judy

Please...keep the updates coming!

4lucy

4lucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Great news!!  Sending prayers that Zoe will soon be back at home playing chase!!  Looking forward to seeing updates.

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Zoe's surgery is tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. but I just took her to the vet because I have to be at work at 7 a.m. I am relieved and nervous at the same time. She really needs this and I know she is a fighter and will have a speedy recovery, I'm praying. I will update more tomorrow when I call the vet to check on her and the status of her surgery. I still cannot thank you enough for the help and miracle you have given Zoe and myself. It's weird, when I got home today she was just staring at me like she knew everything was going to be ok and especially when we got to the vet. She was ready, I hope and pray that they can take her pain away. Keep my baby Zoe in your prayers and I will post tomorrow.
thank you

Dustin

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I just got off the phone with the vet... the Dr.'s are very busy today so I didn't get to talk to the actual Dr. yet.  What they told me was that Zoe was first in today for surgery because she had a fever.  I am just so thankful that she was at the Vet, since she had a fever this morning.  They had to give her additional IV fluid as well.  I was told everything went as the Dr. excpected with no complications, my baby is in recovery right now and I am just waiting on the Dr. to call with more news.  I don't even want to think about what may have happend if this organization didn't exist, so I want to say thank you to Magic.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Dustin, I'm very happy to read that Zoe's surgery went well. We'll all be awaiting an update when you know more.

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok we are home and somewhat settled... Zoe is good, she is a little queezy from the anesthesia but over all good.  She is moving around a little
and whimpering.  So far so good... I will post again in the morning.  Thank you all again for saving Zoe's life!

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Overall I think we had a good night.  Zoe had an upset tummy and had a minimal amount of bleeding which they said would happen.  This morning she was still a little disoriented but she did eat breakfast which is a GREAT sign!  She is resting and taking it easy thankfully.  She already looks so much better it's amazing.  We will just have to wait to see all the more progress she makes.  In about 10 days, we go back to have her stitches removed.  Like I said, she is a fighter even at 12yrs. old!  I will continue to keep you all posted on her progress and get some more pictures up here soon... please keep her in your prayers, thank you

Dustin

DMoore

DMoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on Zoe.  She is doing amazing so far, healing nicely.  She will never let on if she is in pain or if anything is ever wrong but she is eating normally, drinking plenty of water and is able to go potty (both) without any problem.  We go back on the 20th to have her stitches removed and follow up.  She just seems so much more relaxed and getting back to her old self, it is truly amazing.  She really did not like the cone for her head though... I've got to post some pics of my baby up here soon.  I couldn't have done this without IMOM and all of you.  I have told all my friends about this organization and they all want to donate, so someone else's "child" can be saved like my baby Zoe.

Thanks again,

Dustin & Zoe

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
Dustin...I am so happy to read that Zoe is doing well with her recovery...YAY to you and the hard work you did making sure that Zoe would get the care that she needed...

THANKS so much for the updates...you make sure that you and Zoe have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!  Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users