Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Hi I am Myla's owner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Carol3923

Carol3923
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hello I am Myla's owner and Myla needs an emergency spaying to get rid of an infection called Pyometra. She needs urgent help please help her.

Edited by Carol3923, 04 October 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,693 posts
Carol...pyometra is very dangerous and needs to taken care of IMMEDIATELY...as soon as you read this go IMMEDIATELY to the financial aid section of IMOM and get your application in...Judy

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts
Because Myla's vet was able to discount the surgery, and is willing to work out the balance with the owner, IMOM is pledging $450 to allow surgery to take place today.  

Because we have the MOST WONDERFUL DONORS IN THE UNIVERSE, IMOM was able to make that pledge.  But folks, we can't keep doing pledges and saving lives without donations.  Those monthly pledges give us the ability to step in, make treatment happen and save lives.  We are now dangerously low on funds, and are starting to turn away applications.  PLEASE, if you can, sign up for a monthly donation, no matter how small:  your $5 a month will help save the next pet who will die without treatment.  

We hope Myla does well with her surgery and that her owner will update us later today.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Here's Myla. Isn't she a cutie?

Attached File  Myla.jpg   396.93K   1 downloads

As Cindy says, IMOM was only able to make this emergency pledge to Myla due to our wonderful donors who make one-time or ongoing donations to our general fund. Without this support, we won't be able to help pets like Myla who need medical care when there's no time to fundraise.

If you're able to donate to our general fund, please click here. Any amount truly does make a difference -- even $5 a month will help save lives.

Miss Boo

Miss Boo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Dear Carol, How are things with Myla? (I hope you're taking good care of yourself too!)

I just went through the same thing with my beloved Dakota. The pyometra was so advanced we very nearly lost her; scared the *pooh* out of me because she came wayyyy too close to dying. Her blood was becoming poisoned; my vet said she wouldn't last 36 hours. We got the surgery done, but didn't see real improvement for days (sepsis, that blood infection, is not only so dangerous to furbabies, it can kill humans too; although there's no medical proof of pet-to-human transmission that i know of or have noted so far in my research about it).

You and Myla are in my prayers, and I'll be happy to ask that we all be able to send help to IMOM when we can, someday, too.

When  faced with an emergency "Budget Disaster" bill coming outta the blue, Mom taught me to 'spend in faith,' while trusting the Creator to help recognize and restore the ability to make it through that time of being low on money due to life-threatening need. I've seen many ways in which that prayer was granted.

Hope to hear you and your dear patient are doing well, very soon :D She looks like such a sweet cutie Posted Image

And bless all you dear souls and those who donate to IMOM and save such precious lives!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users