Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tobee: little dog needs hip surgery

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 384 posts
Diagnosis: Dislocated hip
Amount of estimate: $1100
Owner Contribution: $0
We need to raise: $1100
Spayed or neutered: yes
Caseworker: Kyle

Posted Image

Tobee is an 8 year old miniature poodle. He has a dislocated hip, which cannot be repaired without surgery. He is suffering, cannot get around, and is on pain relievers. He really needs our help.

To make a donation for this pet, please go to www.imom.org/donation, and mark your gift "GF - Tobee Jones."

Thank you very much.

Posted Image
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Just want to tell you a little things about our Tobee Pierre Jones.  He is so loving.  He knows how to wink, shake your hand and give you a kiss when you ask him.  He is afraid of the vaccum sweeper.  When he see other dogs, he barks and kicks his hind legs.  This is so funny because he is afraid of all dogs, big or small.  Sam & Midge

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Posted Image This little dog looks to me like him is sad.  This is how Tobee Jones is right now.  All he does't right now is lay around and sleep.  Midge

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 254 posts
Hi, Midge,

I've just blogged about Tobee and will also add his story to my Facebook page. How did he dislocate his hip?

All best,
Michele

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Midge:  Thank you Michele!!!! All I can say is that we took him to the groomer and before he left the house he was fine.  Went to the bathroom and was running around.  Whee we got him from the groomer, he wouldn't put his right hind leg down and he fell over.  At that point, we immediately took him to our vet.  I am on Facebook and I have people praying for him.

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Oh, poor little doggy! I've got $14 to send, I hope we can get this money raised quickly for little Tobee!

:stripekitty:

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
VivaleChat:  Tobee Jones:  Thank you so for your donation.  Tobee is a special companion to us.  Once I had my purse on the floor and I had a candy bar in it.  All of a sudden I looked down and Tobee had the candy along with the paper and was enjoying it.  Called the vet and was told that he would be ok since it wasn't a lot.  Midge

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 254 posts
Hi, everyone, Midge is having a little trouble posting to the forum, so I'm posting a couple of Tobee stories for her (she sent them to me as direct messages).

By the way, Tobee's vet has him down, incorrectly, as a Miniature Poodle. He is only 10 inches high and weighs 8 pounds, so he is a Toy, not a Miniature.

From Midge:

I was just setting here thinking about the cute things Tobee does. He has a blanket that is 16 years old. It was my granddaugher's doll. Tobee has it in his cage. Everyday he likes to go in the bedroom and get his blanket and with his teeth drag it all the way down the hall for us to play with him with it.

Good Morning Everyone,
Tobee is laying in our bed looking at me and wagging his tail. He is ready to get down and he knows he can't jump. It is really cute, because when he is ready to get down and we are not in the room, he barks one time. This is our clue. Going now to try and get him to eat so I can't give him his pain medicine.

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Hi Everyone, just wanted to update you on Tobee today.  We live in an apartment complex and everyday, I take Tobee for a walk.  He loves the outdoors.  I took him out today and carried him around so he could look around.  We are back and he is sleeping.

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• 384 posts
Tobee has $134 so far. We're off to a good start.

Please help spread the word to email friends, on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Thanks!

Posted Image
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Praise God for the donations so far!!!  Thanks to everyone.  Tobee is not having a good today.  He wants to bite on his hip and has it very red.  I may have to call the vet before the day is over.  Sam & Midge

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Hello, well I put a notice on Facebook asking for donations.  I told them if they could help to email imom.org.  We are trying all we know how to.  God only helps them who help themself.  Thanking them in advance.  Midge

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Hi Everyone Out There:  It's another day for Tobee and we are Blessed.  Waiting to hear from vet as Tobee's leg where it is taped up, looks like it is coming down.  When we call the office, they said it may have to be re-raped.  We just hip that the hip hasn't popped out again.  They have trouble getting it to stay in so the vet could tape it up until we see if we can get the surgery he needs.

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  I was just thinking about how hard it is to get Tobee to eat in the morning so he can take his medicine.  He is one who doesn't eat until evening.  However, there is one thing that he loves and will eat anytime and that is tissue or paper towels.  When we see him streched on the floor you can believe he is eating it.  It is so funny when we are trying to get it away from him.  I go one way and Sam goes the other way.  We will finally catch him to get it away from him.  Lesson learned, don't put those things on the coffee table. (smile)

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Tobee has $234 in donations! :pp_animal_556:

I know how much this means to Tobee and his mom. I'm sure Tobee sends doggie kisses to you!

We're getting closer to our goal. Tobee still needs $866 so he can have his surgery.

Every bit truly makes a difference. Can you help Tobee with a donation of any size? I know he's in a lot of pain, and I hope he can have his surgery soon.

To donate to Tobee, click here. Mark your donation "GF - Tobee Jones." Thank you!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Yay! Tobee now has $434 in donations! Thank you to the wonderful angels who have helped this sweet boy.

We're getting closer. Just $666 to go. Can you help Tobee reach his goal by making a donation of any size?

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!  God is good and those of you that are helping with your donation to Tobee just received another crown.  Tobee and I have just been laying down on the crouch.  Me on my back and him streched out on my stomach with one leg and wanting me to keep rubbing him.  Again, Thank you to all!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Midge...I am so happy for you and Tobee...

Can you tell us alittle about you and Tobee?  Does Tobee have any playmates in the family, either human or animal?  Or, is he an only child?

You can tell that your love for him is strong...he sounds like a sweet, little guy.

Did you contact the groomer to see if anything "odd" happened when they were grooming him?  Of course, I can't see them really wanting to say something happened or not...

Poor little guy...he's in PAIN and he's waiting patiently for help...I know that we can do this...I can't imagine having my hip out of joint.  When I get a slight twinge in my hip it bothers me most of the day...and you know that animals are stoic...you don't know what their pain level is because they are so brave about it...Judy

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Hi Judy,
Thanks for your concern about Tobee.  He is the only one in our house now.  We had our granddaughter who we raised with us for 21 years, however she now has a beautiful baby girl and in her own place.  When she was with us with the baby, Tobee was very protective of our.  If anybody came around her he would bark.  Tobee was the last of the litter when we got him.  I say they saved the best for last.

When we were able to find the groomer in the shop, of course they denied that there was anything wrong.  Funny that he was fine when we took him.  I told them that God will take care of it.

Judy I'm scared right now because Tobee is not doing good.  Where they had his leg taped up, it has come down a little and I don't know if the hip is out again.  They were able to put it back for awhile after several attempts.  Called the vet today and waiting for an answer.  I feel that Tobee is looking at me saying, "Help Me" and this make me cry.  My husband and I said we can't just let him suffer.  When we took him home from the vet, he said he wasn't in pain at that time, however we are not sure of it now.  Please keep him in your prayers.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Midge...I know it's hard on you and your husband, watching Tobee WAIT...but, it's going to be OK...believe me, I have faith in the IMOM angels...

In the mean time, can the vet prescribe a pain medication for Tobee?  Just something to make sure he's not having such a hard time?

IF the vet has not called you back this morning...call again...and when you do, give them an update on the funds...just to make sure they know you are working on things and also ask how soon after the funds are raised can Tobee get into surgery...

If you do this all ahead of time, you won't have to wait for return calls and lose any time...Hang in there, be strong...Tobee is counting on you...

Remember, we are here when you are having a bad day...that's what we do here at IMOM...we understand and we care...Judy

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Judy, THANKS for your kind comments, they are not only appreciated, they will help us through this day.  Tobee is on pain medicine.  We called the doctor again this morning and he won't be in until tomorrow morning.  We will have Tobee there at 7:00am.  Thanks for telling me other things to do to help, I will do that.  Midge & Sam

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
IMOM angels...little Tobee and his Mom and Dad need our help...

You can tell how much he is loved and it is so hard for his Mom and Dad to watch him and know that he is in pain and they can't do anything for him until the funds are raised for his surgery...

He is a gorgeous little boy and he is depending on us...but for the time being, he is being so good...just waiting with hope in his little eyes...take a look at his photo...let's see what we can do to help him be painfree...

If you can't donate...that's OK...we know that times are really tough for alot of people right now...BUT, pass Tobee's story along to others...and ask them to pass it along to everyone they know...we can do this...Judy

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  The last we knew Tobee's donations were $434.  We are grateful for all of that.  It hasn't been that long that we came to imom for help for Tobee's surgery so we would like to say Thank you to those that has been able to help.  We understand that there are those that at this time their hands are tried.  We are in that same situation but I just can't give up on Tobee.  We've had friends on FB give their concerns and we say Thank you.  Prayer has alot of POWER!!
Today we have had to watch Tobee closely because he wants to bite on his hip and he has broken the skin.  We have put some Triple Antibiotic Ointment on him and it looks better.  We are not giving up!!!!!

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  Tobee has to go to the vet tomorrow because his dressing on his hip/leg is coming off and he is also biting on his hip to the point that is it ready to bleed.  PLEASE Pray that the donations will keep coming in so that Tobee can have his surgery SOON!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Sweet Tobee is waiting patiently for his surgery, he's in PAIN and he's now chewing on his hip which means it's bothering him more...

Tobee has to go to the vet today because it seems that his hip is coming out again...

Please...let's dig deep in our pockets...no amount is too small...it all adds up and adds to his goal...I know that times are tough and money is tight right now...it's OK if you can't donate...but can you pass Tobee's story to people you know?  Can you put it out on FACEBOOK and TWITTER?  Ask your friends to pass it on to their friends...the more that know the more help he can get...

Midge, his Mom is doing a great job posting...she care and she cares alot...she's worried for him and you can read that in her posts...Let's see what we can do to help this sweet, little boy be PAIN FREE soon...Thanks, Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Midge...tell the vet that Tobee is chewing on his hip...they might want to put a collar on him to keep him from doing that. Of course, Tobee isn't going to like that but it's for his own good...the ones the vets usually use are a cone shaped plastic type but there are foam ones that are alittle more comfortable...perhaps they have those at your clinic...

IMOM angels...this little guy is in pain and is starting to irritate his hip by chewing on it...that means, the pain is bothering him...

He is patiently waiting so he can feel good again......look at his little face...and let's see what we can do for him...if you can' donate...that's OK...but, can you put his story up on your facebook or twitter him to your friends? Ask them to do the same...

His Mom and Dad are worried for him...today he's seeing the vet to get his hip looked at...she's going to ask how soon after the funds are raised can he have his surgery...let's be ready to jump right in and help get him there...Judy

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Good Morning IMOM Angels:  I just got home from taking Tobee to the vet regarding his dressing.  I had to leave him so that he can be sedated so they can wrap his hip and leg again.  I ask if Tobee having to get around on three legs, if it would injure he leg hind leg because of the strain being put on it.  The doctor checked him and said right now his left leg feels good,
however, after a while it will start putting strain on it.  I also ask where we stand on Tobee and the doctor said lets just try and wait one or two weeks but then we will have to make a decision.  Everytime I think of having to do that, I just loose it.  I know that I am not the only one who has had to make this decision, but I'm just not ready to let Tobee go yet.  I have to call at 5:00 today to see if I can bring him home.  This is breaking my heart!!!!  Tobee cries going to the vet like I know other pets do also, but now it affects me more because I know he is in pain.  Thanks IMOM Angels, I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for the comments that have been made by all of you.  Judy we have one of the plastic cones at home.  When I pick Tobee up, I will ask about using it.  Midge & Sam

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 254 posts
Midge, it's going to be all right, stay positive. We have all been blogging about Tobee or posting on Facebook, so new people will keep coming to read more about him and will contribute. It all adds up, little by little. You're doing great by continuing to post about him. Do you have any other photos of Tobee?

All best,
Michele

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• 384 posts
Matching Challenge

Tobee still needs $646.

IMOM is issuing a Matching Challenge to reach his goal. We have set aside half - $323 - from the General Fund to match all donations until that $646 is raised.

Please continue to spread the word everywhere. Re-post to family & friends, message boards, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Everywhere you can think of.

Here is the link back here to Tobee's page:

http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=7089

Here is a shortened URL back here to Tobee's page, in case that's more convenient:

http://bit.ly/cAzMdf

And here is a link to IMOM's Donation page:

http://imom.org/donation/

Let's help this little guy get fixed up! ...  Thank you!

Posted Image

Edited by Kyle imom, 30 September 2010 - 10:59 AM.

Posted Image

Midge

Midge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Tobee Jones:  To The IMOM Angels, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  God's continued Blessings Upon ALL Of YOU!!!!  You have made of day!!!!  To Michele, I have other pictures of Tobee, but I'm not sure how to get them off my phone and onto this site.  Midge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users