Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Marley Prieto

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 767 posts
Diagnosis: Surgery for Pyometra

Amount of estimate: $862.13

IMOM pledged: $362.13, Marley's folks have $500. in care credit to contribute.

Caseworker: Laura

Marley is a 1-year-old beagle who was diagnosed with pyometra (a serious life-threatening illness).  Due to the severity of her condition IMOM has pledged $362.13 to have Marley treated right away, as Marley's parents have exhausted their funds with diagnosis and contributing the bulk of the surgery fee with their $500. in care credit.

Marley is spending tonight at the veterinary hospital and will have surgery tomorrow.

A big "THANK YOU" to all of our donors, for making this pledge possible.  

Laura/IMOM

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Attached File  Varios Abril 2010 001.JPG   451.47K   2 downloads
Dear friends,

We would like to thank you in advance for your support, it is invaluable what you are doing for us. Marley is to us a gift from God, she fullfills our lives every day at all times, she has taught us the real meaning of a family. Hopefully tomorrow she'll come back to us.

It hurts to see an animal suffering that way, she sure doesn't deserve that, because she has only given us anything but love.

We just got home from the animal hospital, and the house feels so empty, it's heartbreaking :(

Thanks again, we will keep you posted as the day goes tomorrow.

God Bless you all!!!

Mike and Mariem

Marley's parents

Posted Image

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Dear friends,

We are leaving the house right now, we are going to see Marley to find out how she is doing, hopefully she'll be back with us.

The surgery is scheduled at 11am, but we want to be there before anything happens.

Thank you all!! :)

Mike & Mariem

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,883 posts
We are pulling for Marley here in Jersey, and are happy to hear you are there at the hospital with her this morning.

I see you are offering to volunteer your time with IMOM.  That is wonderful, because you will have first hand knowledge of the terrible toll pyometra has on even young once healthy pups.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello!
in behalf of marley, we want to say a big thank you! She's out of surgery recovering, now is sleep.
we'll post more information about her as soon as we get to see her. It was a long night without her, so we
pray to have her today at home!
thank you for giving an opportunity to our littlee cutie pie!
mike and mariem

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi!

We just got Marley from the vet, she is doing ok, but i'm worry about her, she seen to be in lot of pain... She wants to be alone, it is heartbreaken to see her like that.. She's moaning all the time.
We gave her the antibiotics and the pain killers the doctor instructed, but she is not getting better. Also she doesn't want to drink nor eat anything.

We know she is a fighter! And she'll recover in no time.

We thank God and you guys, we are more than happy to have our Marley back home!!!

With love

Mike and Mariem

Attached Files

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
Your baby girl has been through a lot. Rest is probably the best thing for her right now.

Did the vet explain to you how important it is to have female dogs spayed so the don't get pyometra?

Give Marley a gentle hugs from her friends at IMOM

:magicmoon:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello Jacki,

Thanks for the hugs for Marley, she's in need of lots of those :). Yes, the vet explained everything, he was really kind at the moment we asked about the whole process.

Marley hasn't eat anything yet, and it has been really hard for us to give her the pills, she won't take it that easy, she is a tough one. Today we'll go to buy some wet special food call Science diet, that is rich in proteins.

At least she seems ok, she tried to jump from the sofa and we were scare.

Thanks for being there for us!

Mariem

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,970 posts
Marley has been through alot...

Is she on antibiotics?  Sometimes they are upsetting to their stomache...

I use cream cheese to hide the pills in our dogs just LOVE that...also peanut butter, a piece of regular cheese...some hot dogs....but the cream cheese worked the best for us...I get the whipped kind...

I hope that each day Marley starts feeling better and better...Judy

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 419 posts
I have Marley on my mind this morning, as I'm worried she still isn't showing interest in food.

Day 3 post op should show a big change as the anesthesia works it's way out of her body. Pyometra is still a tough recovery, and it will take a while for her to be 100%.

Give her gentle hugs and kisses from me.

From the highway,

Just Us
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

View PostJudy, on 16 August 2010 - 01:45 PM, said:

Marley has been through alot...

Is she on antibiotics?  Sometimes they are upsetting to their stomache...

I use cream cheese to hide the pills in our dogs just LOVE that...also peanut butter, a piece of regular cheese...some hot dogs....but the cream cheese worked the best for us...I get the whipped kind...

I hope that each day Marley starts feeling better and better...Judy

Hello Judy!

Yes, our Marley has been trought a lot and we are really happy to know that she's a real fighter!

She is in antibiotics, so we were worry because we know the importance of this for her total recover. Marley loves chicken, she goes like crazy everytime we reward her with it. So I ran to the store that day to buy some for her, and.... What a surprise! I put the pills inside the chicken pieces, and she took the pills! We were really happy. Now she seems to be doing a lot better, she's eating and drinking lots of water.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

Marley's Mom

Marley

Marley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

View PostJust Us, on 17 August 2010 - 06:00 AM, said:

I have Marley on my mind this morning, as I'm worried she still isn't showing interest in food.

Day 3 post op should show a big change as the anesthesia works it's way out of her body. Pyometra is still a tough recovery, and it will take a while for her to be 100%.

Give her gentle hugs and kisses from me.

From the highway,

Just Us

Hello Just Us,

I was happy when a read your coment, because the vet didn't explaine that. As of today, she has been eating and drinking water, she's doing way better!

Besides the lack of appetite, Marley didn't poop for 5 days even though on the x-ray she had something in her intestines. But she already did it! we were worry about some other health issue with her intestines, but now she is fine.

Marley is also playing around, sometimes we have to stop her, we know she is still young, but we don't want to have any other problems related to the surgery.

The scar is healing good, and Marley is coming back to normal.

Thanks again for all your support IMOM Angels!

With love,

Marley's Mom

PS: Here is a recent pic from Marley to you!

Attached Files

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
I'm so happy to read that Marley is doing better. She sure is a pretty girl :pp_animal_568:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users