Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

I'm so frustrated!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts
Are people just lazy and don't care about getting their pet spayed or neutered?

IMOM is offering financial assistance for s/n and only asking applicants to pay what they can. IMOM will pay the difference. We have totally removed the $ barrier so that's not an excuse. All we ask for is two estimates so we can get the best price and make sure everything we want done is included - pre-surgical blood work and vaccinations for example.

Since we started our s/n program on 6/1/2010 we have gotten 43 applications. Only 2 have followed through and had their pet spayed or neutered.

How many of them with females will come back to IMOM when their girl has a pyometra?

How many with males will come back to IMOM when their boy has testicular cancer - or gets hit by a car while chasing a female in heat?

It makes me crazy!

Is it just me? :feedback:

:magicmoon:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
Hi Jackie,

I don't know why people don't follow through.  I have personally fixed over 40 outside kitties from Sept 09 to Jan 10. I now have the generous help of getting ferals fixed and shots for free - all you have to do is register the colony and transport both ways. I have given lots of people the information, but most have not followed through. I don't know why. I am in the process of getting five colonies finished up with s/n and return.

Some people say it is too much work to do the paperwork !  I don't get it either. I think your program is wonderful and I hope that people will take advantage of it.

BTW, have you seen that awesome spay and neuter video posted on youtube?  The music is from the Beatles song Help ! - maybe that would get people'sattenton

Kathy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
WOW, Jacki!  Thanks for giving us a behind the scenes tour.  I have to admit that ratio of follow-through to not is staggering.  My knee jerk reaction was people didn't want to be responsible for any of the effort required to make it happen.  Then, I came out of the 100 degree temps, took a nice cool shower and thought about some of the situations I've witnessed first hand.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say, maybe there are those who don't know how to go about getting estimates, where to turn, if you will.

If there is monetary challenge, there is also likely mobility challenge (transportation).  Most vets I know require an upfront face exam before they will give an estimate.  For those working multiple jobs to just stay afloat, trying to coordinate that can be almost impossible.  I don't know too many vets who won't charge at least an office visit $40-$45 to give the estimate, if the owner can get there.  If you're not already a client the available time slots for the appointments aren't great either.  

Would be interesting to hear from the other 41 people as to why they didn't follow through.  That information may make you more or less frustrated, but it may also provide some food for thought.  

SAVE LIVES TODAY!  SPAY AND NEUTER- PLEASE!
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
Jacki, I know that you are frustrated...and rightfully so...BUT...right now we can at least say that TWO animals have been spay/neutered...shame on the others that couldn't "follow thru"...

I would be jumping for joy if I was offered help to get my pet spay/neutered...not only to prevent babies but also to spare them getting gravely sick...

I know that this is hard for you and IMOM, but one at a time...and when someone does come for help you will be there...as you and IMOM aways are...THANK YOU for this wonderful new program.  Judy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts
I don't know. We even sent them reminders after a couple of weeks and got no replies. We're giving them 30 days to get the estimates. After 30 days their application is void.

I knew there would be a lot of people who wouldn't follow through but I never thought it would be this bad.

Maybe when we have our own data base of vets it will be better. That's going to take a while though!

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Bonita Applebum

Bonita Applebum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I never knew that my dog could get Pyometra from not being spayed until it happened. We do need to have more people like u and Vets stepping up to the plate to educate people on the importance of spay or neutering and WHY. I always thought Vets just pushed for people to get this done ONLY because of breeding reasons. They never explained to me she could get Pyometra until it happened. Now, I am getting all my pets fixed. I would advise people to please do the same if you truly love your pet. I almost lost Bonita because the surgery for her Pyometra was so expensive and if she didn't have the emergency surgery she was going to die.
Now she is having more problems and I need help again and I am hoping IMOM and it's members can help. Please see my latest topic posted. Thanks, Bonita's mom.

Bonita Applebum

Bonita Applebum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

View PostBonita Applebum, on 09 July 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

I never knew that my dog could get Pyometra from not being spayed until it happened. We do need to have more people like u and Vets stepping up to the plate to educate people on the importance of spay or neutering and WHY. I always thought Vets just pushed for people to get this done ONLY because of breeding reasons. They never explained to me she could get Pyometra until it happened. Now, I am getting all my pets fixed. I would advise people to please do the same if you truly love your pet. I almost lost Bonita because the surgery for her Pyometra was so expensive and if she didn't have the emergency surgery she was going to die.
Now she is having more problems and I need help again and I am hoping IMOM and it's members can help. Please see my latest topic posted. Thanks, Bonita's mom.

I wanted to add on saying that if members can afford it, all Petsmarts that have Banfield Hospitals have Wellness plans for puppies that I recommend. It helps pay all office visits, vaccinations, worming tests, and spay or neutering for a one time membership fee and around 30 dollars a month. It is well worth it. Just got it for my puppy. U save alot of money doing it that way on Vaccinations, Office visits and spay or neutering alone. Great for puppies.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
I totally agree with Jacki, it is very frustrating! We see so many emergency cases for illnesses that could have been prevented by a simply spay or neuter.

The process for applying for Spay Neuter assistance is so easy. Very little work to be done by the applicant.

We have worked with so many vets over the past 12 years, we see most of them not requiring an office visit to give estimates for altering pets. So this should not be a barrier for the applicants.
We do make sure the vets include pre-op bloodwork in the estimates however, to verify the animal is healthy enough to be put under anesthetic.

IMOM does whatever we can to help an applicant, if they are struggling with getting estimates or finding a clinic in their area.

We are building a long list of programs and facilities
by state, which the applicants can use to find one in their area. This list continues to grow as we get more information, as with any database, it takes time to fill.

Sadly it seems more and more pet owners are doing less for their animals, if it requires any amount of work on their part.

I am confident however, that the IMOM Spay Neuter program is going to take off and be extremely successful!

Tammy-IMOM :dal:

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
Hi Tammy:  

Thanks for the insight.

It might be interesting to see the picture geographically.  I'd be interested in knowing of the 43 inquiries, where they were spread out by state or region.

I think we have to remember "we have worked with vets over the past 12 years" makes IMOM a known element for the vets.  The reaction MAY be a little different when they are approached by someone they do not know as a client, and who may or may not be a solid customer for them in the future.   Even the kindest veterinarians have to support themselves.  

It's coming up on 3 years since I was first introduced to IMOM, so it's no secret to many of you that my greatest loyalty is to the mutts of the world and to the "dime a dozen" cats.  I have supported a group that works to get the dogs and cats out of shelters where the gas chambers are still used for euthanasia.  
Many of the overflow are brought North.  One morning I was reading the transport board and read a comment that was explaining "why NY" and one of the writers said "the shelters and rescues in NY don't have enough puppies"....   Just to set the record straight- the shelters in NY and the Northeast are overflowing, just like everywhere else.  Even 1 puppy/dog/kitten/cat is too many.  They deserve better.

PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS.  FIND A WAY.   IMOM will hold your hand and help walk you through it.   You've taken the first step by contacting IMOM... now FOLLOW THROUGH!
HELP JUST ONE

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
[quote name='Judy' date='09 July 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1278724908' post='100527']
Jacki, I know that you are frustrated...and rightfully so...BUT...right now we can at least say that TWO animals have been spay/neutered...shame on the others that couldn't "follow thru"...

For that one kitty that was spayed, the saved animals could actually be 125+ in less than a year- so take solace, Jacki, and keep fighting the fight. Not only may the people be back when their dog has pyometra, they may be back when the 2 cats they had have turned into 125.  Remember, the shelters are already overflowing.  We don't need the offspring of your unaltered dog or cat.

Edited by CatPaws, 10 July 2010 - 10:46 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts

keep fighting the fight.

You can bet we will! This is something too important to not keep fighting for.

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Waco Texas just passed a law requiring all pets to be speutered.  It takes effect January 2011.  The only exceptions are show dogs and animals that cannot be fixed due to a medical reason, which has to be verified by a vet in writing.

I talked to my neighbor (the one with the Chihuahuas) about this law.  His response was "How will they even know if I have animals or not?"  I have, on numerous occasions, explained to him the benefits of speutering.  I think it is just plain ignorance.  The neighbor expects me to do things for his dogs.  Right now one of his Chihuahua's is pregnant and due soon.  I have told him about this program but he doesn't want to hear about it.  He doesn't give his dogs HW pills, doesn't give them any shots, nor does he worm them.  He expects me to do these things and he says he will reinburse me.  Well I am taking care of my own pack (8 dogs) and do not have the extra funding to add 3 more.  I do what I can, when I can for them.  It is to the point where I am feeding/watering them every day.

I think it is plain ignorance.  People don't want to be bothered.  They are too concerned about what is best for them.  So many people just don't want to take responsibility for anything.  They want someone else to do ALL the work for them.  I don't know what the answer is.  I know that 10K pure breed animals were pts in my area alone in 09.  I don't have a number on the mixed breeds.

I hate people.
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
In addition to volunteering with IMOM, I volunteer with a local feline rescue group. I mentioned to the other spay/neuter volunteers that it's been very frustrating to me over the years to see how few people will follow through with getting their pets spayed/neutered, even when it's totally free, and even when all they have to do is drive their pet to the vet, drop them off, and pick them up later.

Our rescue group's spay/neuter progam is so simple. Folks download a very short form with just a few questions. They mail it back with their contribution, if they can afford one. If they can't afford anything, we don't make them pay. We then mail them a certificate that they can take to one of our participating vets. We have participating vets all over the city. All the applicant has to do is drop the pet off in the morning, hand the vet the certificate, and pick the pet up at night.

That's it. Really, almost effortless.

You would be amazed at how many certificates we send out that don't get used. It drives me crazy.

I do think lack of education about health risks is part of the problem. In all the years I've been working with vets around the country, I recall very few who ever mentioned the word "pyometra" to me. (I'm not talking about my volunteer work with IMOM -- I'm talking about my personal interaction with my own vets for my furkids.) I'm not trying to do any vet-bashing by any means, but I do wish that more vets would take the time to clearly explain to people the medical risks associated with not having your pet speutered.

Because people don't know about the health risks, I guess they just don't feel a sense of urgency.

It's a constant, ongoing issue to try and figure out how to reach people and educate them about this. Our rescue group struggles with this a lot -- how to effectively tell lots of people about this when we have limited resources, especially financially.

I wish the big groups (HSUS, ASPCA, PETA) who do have money for advertising and educational efforts would spend a lot more time talking about the health risks for an unspeutered pet.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts
My frustration has turned to anger and disgust!

During the month of Oct we received 92 applications for s/n. Only 2 followed through.

We made the process so easy that anyone would be able to follow and have their pets s/n for practically nothing.

I'm disgusted and angry that people will not do the right thing and have their pets spayed and neutered.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
Jacki:  

I have some news to share, that I think you will feel is pretty darn good.

A group I work with has started targeting a specific county where most of the residents don't think spay and neutering is important.  As they launched their start-up campaign, I made them aware of IMOM's spay neuter program and let them know they have kindred spirits in IMOM.

:ninja: :ninja:   The first 3 spays were completed this week.   :pp_animal_362:  Maybe, maybe, the message is getting through.  One of the dogs had 9 litters of pups before she was spayed last week.    :pp_animal_554:

I hope people wlll continue donating to the IMOM spay neuter program.  It is so important!  We may lose a few, but what a difference it makes for the dogs and cats that are helped.

Keep fighting the fight!

Edited by CatPaws, 30 January 2011 - 09:49 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

HeidiLL

HeidiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Here's what a new place in Maine is doing!

Clinic takes new approach to pet overpopulation

FREEPORT — A new veterinary clinic in Freeport aims to combat cat and dog overpopulation by specializing in high volume — and low cost — spay and neuter services.

http://www.timesreco...ae421078194.txt

Edited by HeidiLL, 30 January 2011 - 05:33 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
HeidiLL,  

It's so good to see this.  Those folks in Maine always have impressed me with their practical approaches.  What I especially was interested in was their "transportation can be provided"clause.  I hope a few volunteers hop on that.

Edited by CatPaws, 31 January 2011 - 09:31 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

Felix Hirsch

Felix Hirsch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok, I read all the posts anout nutering and I hope I do not sound nieve or like a horrible pet owner. I got my last cat(he lived for 20 yrs) when i was 10 yrs old. My mom got him from the human society so he was nutered and vacinated right away. Fast forward 24 yrs. I got my Felix as a kitten from a friend who's cat had kittens, I honestly did not know the health risks for not nutering a cat at a young age. I assumed if the cat is an indoor cat and is the only cat in the house, then there isnt a rush to nuter him. I honestly did not know the health risks. I am going to nuter him right away. He is in the vet hospital right now because he needs surgery but as soon as I can(medically) I will nuter him. There needs to be more info out there about the need to nuter cats. people dont know there are health risks not to, I didnt know

Felix Hirsch

Felix Hirsch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
The humane society of Broward County(Ft. Lauderdale, Fl) spays and neuters for $15. I just found out

View PostHeidiLL, on 30 January 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

Here's what a new place in Maine is doing!

Clinic takes new approach to pet overpopulation

FREEPORT A new veterinary clinic in Freeport aims to combat cat and dog overpopulation by specializing in high volume and low cost spay and neuter services.

http://www.timesreco...ae421078194.txt

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts

View PostFelix Hirsch, on 11 April 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

ok, I read all the posts anout nutering and I hope I do not sound nieve or like a horrible pet owner.

I honestly did not know the health risks. I am going to nuter him right away.

You are not a horrible pet owner - you found IMOM when you Felix needed help, didn't you?  You just didn't know about the dangers and risks of not spaying and neutering.  Many people don't.  Our goal is to educate people so they DO know.  You can help by telling your friends and family and anyone who will listen.  

Thanks for doing all you can for Felix - I'll post on his thread now.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Dede4Fendi

Dede4Fendi

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 185 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 09 July 2010 - 11:15 AM, said:

Are people just lazy and don't care about getting their pet spayed or neutered?

IMOM is offering financial assistance for s/n and only asking applicants to pay what they can. IMOM will pay the difference. We have totally removed the $ barrier so that's not an excuse. All we ask for is two estimates so we can get the best price and make sure everything we want done is included - pre-surgical blood work and vaccinations for example.

Since we started our s/n program on 6/1/2010 we have gotten 43 applications. Only 2 have followed through and had their pet spayed or neutered.

How many of them with females will come back to IMOM when their girl has a pyometra?

How many with males will come back to IMOM when their boy has testicular cancer - or gets hit by a car while chasing a female in heat?

It makes me crazy!

Is it just me? :feedback:

Deidre aka Dede4Fendi

Becky and Tippy

Becky and Tippy
  • Members
  • 9 posts
I didn't know the health risks either--we just knew that if we wanted more cats or dogs, we wanted to get them from the shelter or from people that could no longer take care of their pets.  We didn't want any of our pets to be getting pregnant and giving us babies that way--we also did not want to add to a problem of too many uncared for animals.  So, we have been very careful to spay and neuter every last one of our pets here.  We may never ask IMOM for help for spay and neutering because we already have local resources where we live that help with that.  I suppose that if our local resources dry up we might need to ask IMOM for help, but we are also at our limit pet wise around here and we refuse to take on any more pets.  With the ages of our pets, it will be at least 7 years before we will even consider any more pets, and then at that time we could be in a place to take care of it on our own.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts

I suppose that if our local resources dry up we might need to ask IMOM for help

Unfortunately, our S/N program has been shut down for some time do to lack of funding.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
For all those in Broward County, Florida... There is a program for residents...spay or neuter plus a rabies shot for $10.00.

It is called SPOT Program (Stop Pet Overpopulation Now).   You have to submit proof of one month income and residency (electric bill, drivers license).  They will do four pets per household.

You have to either mail or fax (quickest way) and vouchers come to you by mail or email with a list of vets that are working with the program.

I would suggest you also get a distemper shot for your cat or dog as this is a horrible illlness that is easily prevented. I have vaccinated many feral cats over the years and none have gotten distemper.

Good luck

Kathy

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I agree heavily with you, Jacki. All parents of furry little loves should be notified and fully aware of the health risks included with not getting them fixed. My boys were fixed as soon as they were old enough, or as soon as they were made mine. I have been in touch with my local animal clinic and have been giving other college students information on the low prices that can be found through organizations willing to help animals. seeing wild kitties and doggies makes me so sad because I want them all to come home with me so I can take care of them. Thank GOD for IMOM, right?
Keep up your amazing work. :)

Mandi & Sophi

Mandi & Sophi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Oh, I hear ya! I have (or rather, HAD) a friend who has a cat that keeps getting into fights because he never got it fixed in the first place, and now he has a nasty infection from one of the fights that they don't have the money to treat. When they found out what I was doing with you guys, he started looking into the same thing only to discover that most financial places won't help irresponsible pet owners who don't fix their animals. he STILL won't get his cat fixed and why? Because he doesn't want to "Take away his cat's manhood and sense of self" I was SO disgusted that he was basically condemning his companion to suffer solely for the purpose of projecting his own ego and masculinity complexes onto him!

Jareth

Jareth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I don't know if someone already posted this, maybe they have and if so, sorry for repeating it. It's not just a higher risk for cancer in male dogs but also they are at a much higher risk for getting a swollen prostate which can lead to urinary blockages, polyps in the colon, detachment of the bladder, all kinds of serious issues. If you're not a breeder who is well to do and can get your animals immediate medical attention if/when they need it, then it's demonstrably irresponsible to not spay and neuter your pets.

I've had people smart off before about when you neuter a dog (or cat) "Then it's not a "he" it's an "it"." And again the point is "Are you going to breed this dog/cat regularly? Do you have enough money to cover any and all health problems which might occur during the entire course of his/her natural life?" If the answer to either of those questions is no then there is literally no reason not to have them spayed and neutered. It's the animal that might wind up suffering needlessly based on your decision down the road.

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
I am in the process of trying to get my neighbor's Chihuahua's speutered.  They have moved and left the Chi's behind.  A very generous donor gave $10K to my local low-cost clinic.  Because I am on SSDI, I can get the neighbor's Chi's speutered for free.  There is a total of 11 Chi's there.  Neighbor's are claiming they want 3 of them but I seriously doubt they will take any of them.  So I am getting them all fixed over the next couple of months.  The only one that the clinic won't do is the older male and only because he will need pre-surgical bloodwork and there is a good possibility he is HW positive.  I wish the S/N program was active here because I would ask for help for just this one Chi.  He is the daddy to most of the other ones.  I can't afford to take him to my own vet for this as the cost will be close to $200.  So, I am going to see if any vets in my area will drastically reduce their prices when they find out what I am trying to accomplish.

These Chi's will be speutered, UTD on their rabies shot and HW tested.  I am working with a local rescue group trying to find adoptive/foster homes for these Chi's.  They deserve a much better life than what they've had so far.

Please wish me luck.  :)  I don't want them going to the shelter.
Kat n her K9 Crew
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts

View PostTigresMeow, on 01 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I am in the process of trying to get my neighbor's Chihuahua's speutered.  They have moved and left the Chi's behind.  A very generous donor gave $10K to my local low-cost clinic.  Because I am on SSDI, I can get the neighbor's Chi's speutered for free.  There is a total of 11 Chi's there.  Neighbor's are claiming they want 3 of them but I seriously doubt they will take any of them.  So I am getting them all fixed over the next couple of months.  The only one that the clinic won't do is the older male and only because he will need pre-surgical bloodwork and there is a good possibility he is HW positive.  I wish the S/N program was active here because I would ask for help for just this one Chi.  He is the daddy to most of the other ones.  I can't afford to take him to my own vet for this as the cost will be close to $200.  So, I am going to see if any vets in my area will drastically reduce their prices when they find out what I am trying to accomplish.

These Chi's will be speutered, UTD on their rabies shot and HW tested.  I am working with a local rescue group trying to find adoptive/foster homes for these Chi's.  They deserve a much better life than what they've had so far.

Please wish me luck.  :)  I don't want them going to the shelter.

Hi Kat:  They left them behind and then suggest they still want 3, or do you mean other neighbors might want to adopt 3?   Even though IMOM's spay/neuter fund isn't a specific break out fund anymore, the HW positive status could be considered life threatening, if the diagnosis could be confirmed by the bloodwork.  Given the outside environment and climate, the HW status would not be surprising.

Please keep us updated on the search for veterinarians willing to cut you a break with the circumstances.  You're truly an angel for these chis, and the neighbor moving and leaving them is the start of a wonderful new life for them.
HELP JUST ONE

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
I sure am hoping this is the start of a great new life for them.  The owners of the Chi's say they want 3 of them.  One of the 3 they want is staying at my house right now.  In my mind, possession is 9/10ths of the law so they will have a hard time getting her from me.

They have not been to their house in quite a while now.  I told them a few days before Christmas that they needed food and they still have not brought any.  I bought them a bag and the rescue group brought me a bag so we're covered on food.  The rescue group told me to contact them if I need more.  The bad thing about this group is that they don't accept animals from the ouside because they only rescue animals off the "E" list at the shelter.  But they are going out of their way to help me, and they are a fairly new group, so I can live with that.  I am just a bit overwhelmed right now between taking care of my crew and trying to take care of 11 additional dogs.  It doesn't help that I have MS either but I will do all I can.

Chances are more than 1 of them are HW+ but I am hoping and praying for a miracle.  It really irks me that these dogs were never properly taken care of.  And alot of this could have been prevented if they would have gotten the one male fixed.  Now there are 11 and if this whole situation wouldn't have happened, it would just continue.

I don't even know if I am breaking any law in doing this but at this point I don't really care.  If animal control were to get involved, the neighbors would be heavily fined I am sure.

I just am hoping for a great outcome when all is said and done.  I hate irresponsible pet owners.
Kat n her K9 Crew

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users