Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rusty McKinley

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Rusty is a 8 yr old Retriever Mix who was diagnosed with Pyometra.

She needed life saving surgery! IMOM was able to make a token pledge to help with this surgery.

None of this would be possible without the generosity of the wonderful donors, who contribute to IMOM so we have emergency funds available to pledge for pets like Rusty.

We are seeing so many cases of Pyometra. Remember a fully spayed female doesn't get Pyometra.

Spay& Neuter...it's the right thing to do.

Tammy-IMOM
:dal:

luvNpets

luvNpets
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Good Morning!
Rusty is going in for her blood work this morning, to prepare her for her surgery tomorrow morning.
It's funny cause it's like she knows what's going on. She's been so happy the last few days, jumping, being so silly, and rolling on the ground wanting her belly scratched. Guess she senses she will be herself again real soon.
Thank you all so much....I can not express how thankfull my entire family is! I am going to make sure I inform my family and friends how important it is to neuter or spay our pets. If I would have known this could I happen, I would have spayed Rusty years ago, but we thought she'd be ok. We are just very thankful for programs like IMOM. THANK YOU!

[size="3"]

She needed life saving surgery! IMOM was able to make a token pledge to help with this surgery.

None of this would be possible without the generosity of the wonderful donors, who contribute to IMOM so we have emergency funds available to pledge for pets like Rusty.
[/size]
[size="3"]

We are seeing so many cases of Pyometra. Remember a fully spayed female doesn't get Pyometra.

Tammy-IMOM[/size]

[/quote]

luvNpets

luvNpets
  • Members
  • 9 posts
[size="3"]Wednesday, June 30th
Good Morning!
My husband just dropped off Rusty for her surgery. I will keep you posted throughout the day.[/size]

[quote name='luvNpets' date='29 June 2010 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1277827673' post='100351']
Good Morning!
Rusty is going in for her blood work this morning, to prepare her for her surgery tomorrow morning.
It's funny cause it's like she knows what's going on. She's been so happy the last few days, jumping, being so silly, and rolling on the ground wanting her belly scratched. Guess she senses she will be herself again real soon.
Thank you all so much....I can not express how thankfull my entire family is! I am going to make sure I inform my family and friends how important it is to neuter or spay our pets. If I would have known this could I happen, I would have spayed Rusty years ago, but we thought she'd be ok. We are just very thankful for programs like IMOM. THANK YOU!

[size="3"]

Wednesday, June 30th
Good Morning!
My husband just dropped off Rusty for her surgery. I will keep you posted throughout the day.

[/size]
[size="3"]

Tammy-IMOM[/size]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Edited by luvNpets, 30 June 2010 - 11:28 AM.

luvNpets

luvNpets
  • Members
  • 9 posts
http://www.imom.org/...t/aktion033.gif Rusty is out of surgery and doing well. Her blood work showed that she is a bit anemic, but the vet says it's normal under the circumstances. Thank you IMOM and all donors for helping make this possible. Rusty thanks you too! We will bring her home this afternoon!
http://www.imom.org/...efault/hugs.gif

luvNpets

luvNpets
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Rusty is home now. She had a very hard night. She is in pain and hates her meds, but we sneak them in good food. She is frustrated with that cone she has to wear, but the vet said she'll get used to it. I'll keep you posted on her recovery!
Once again thank you very much for your support!
Posted Image

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Hoping Rusty had a better night last night and is resting comfortably today.

Those darn cones certainly take a bit to get used to. I bet she will be back to herself in no time at all!

Sending her good healing thoughts!

Tammy-IMOM
:dal:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users