Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tori Mrosko

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Tori is a pretty 9 yr old
Cane Corso who was diagnosed with Pyometra. She needs to have surgery asap!

Like so many others out there, Tori's owners were not aware of this disease.

Thanks to our amazing donors, who contribute to our General Emergency Fund, we were able to pledge $525 for Tori to have this life saving surgery. We couldn't do this without you!

Tori's family will be along shortly to tell you all about their special girl!

Remember, spayed females don't get Pyometra.
Spay and neuter - it's the right thing to do.

Tammy-IMOM :dal:

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi everyone Im Stacey Toris sissy, and her mom Beverly will post shortly. We would like to first and foremost thank the wonderful doners that make this site possible. Especially those who are making it possible for us to have this life saving surgery done on our girl. Tori is so special to me she has been there through thick and thin, she even unknowingly it saved my life once. Tori loves everyone and is always happy to greet anyone who comes to the door with a toy in her mouth. She loves to romp and play with her toys especially a large stuffed dino lol. Tori has two toy boxes one with all her toys in it and the other with bones. She does have to share though cause of the rest of the gang!  Right now Tori is resting at home waiting for us to cook her dinner she will probably have burger again tonight since she won't eat doggy food, she is sooo spoiled with people foods. she even had french toast for breakfest this morning lol. she is scheduled for 8:30 am  on Monday for her surgery, as long as she remains stable. The vet said if there is any change in her condition that we are to call him  right away and he will do the suregery sooner, he has a 24/7 answering service which is great!
agian i will be poping in throughout the days ahead with updates, again thank you all for the wonderful things you do! Without IMOM i don't know what i would have done!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
Stacy...YAH RAH!!!

SO GLAD to see you and Tori on the forum OFFICIALLY...

You did a great job getting everything in for Tori's surgery...I know that she is in good hands until Monday AM...Please keep us updated on all that is happening this week end so we don't have to worry about you both...

I am THRILLED to see that Tori is going to get taken care of...IMOM IS THE BEST!!! Judy

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi Everyone, I am Tori's Mom. Beverly. Let me first say I am so greatful for the help you have given us so we can get Tori's surgery. I don't know what I would do without my beloved Tori. I bought her when she was only 5 days old and spent most of my time visiting her at the kennel. I brought her home when she turned 6 weeks old only because the breeder knew me well. She has been by my side ever since. She sleeps on my bed with me every night. Taking up half of it  and hogs the covers and my pillow. I don't mind because I love her very much.When I go to bed at night she will wait till I lay down and then lay her head on my chest and give me kisses. I will tell her I love her too and give her a kiss on her nose and then she will snuggle up and go to sleep.
Sometimes I think we are attached by a bungie cord because if I am gone out of the room more that a couple minutes she comes looking for me and will lay at my feet until I move again.
As of 10:00pm Tori if doing good. She ate a big piece of liver and 2 baked potatoes for dinner. and just had 2 hotdogs on buns for a snack. She will only eat people food so thats what she will get till she is better.
Again I want to thank IMOM for their generosity.You have a wonderful site and I am so glad we found you, otherwise my girl would not have had a chance.
  We will keep you posted about Tori.
Thanks again,
Beverly, Stacey and Tori

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tori is dong good this am, Just got up a little bit ago and now i have to figure out what to make her fro breakfest she is tired of eggs lol. she went out no problems this morning and did her bussiness. its another hot and humid day here so we will all be staying inside in the ac. she wants to get on my moms bed so bad but its just too high up for her to climb onto not feeling well. well thats about it for us this am. will be in touch later. hugs and thanks again stacey,beverly and Tori

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
I am so glad that Tori is resting well and EATING even though it's people food...She's a big girl and needs to still eat while she waits for her surgery...

Stacey, you did a GREAT JOB getting everything set for Tori...I can see how strong your love is for your girl...

She only has a little while longer to wait...

Don't forget on Sunday night to stop all food and water so she's ready for her 8:30 am surgery on Monday morning...

Will be sending postiive thoughts and prayers that everything is as it should be for Monday...Judy

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
This has been a long weekend but its almost over. We gave Tori a nice bath last night to help her cause she has some fleas we bathed her in Dawn and got them off of her. she ate good last night but isnt eating well at all today. thank god her surgery is tomarrow. we are just winding down here and getting ready for the morning i just wanted to pop in with an update though.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Sending good thoughts for Tori and a very smooth surgery on Monday.

Please let us know how she is doing as soon as you can after surgery!

Tammy-IMOM
:dal:

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Now the waiting begins we just got home from taking Tori fro her surgery. we stayed with her while they ran the blood work as she was very nervous poor girl. then they gave her a shot to help relax her and we put her in a pen to wait until they were ready for her. GOd leaving her was the hardest part for mom and me. I just hope all goes well and tyhat she will soon be home. will let yall know as soon as we know anytihng more. thanks for being so great to us! Hugs
stacey,Beverly and of course Tori

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tori is out of surgery, but not out of the woods. She is not coming out of the anesthia. they said that the surgery itself went better then expected. Please pray that our girl comes out of the anesthia ok, we are really worried about her. will let you know when we find out more.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
Stacey, looking for good news that Tori has come out of the anesthetic just fine and is resting tonight and come home to you and your Mom tomorrow...Judy

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Stacey,

We are anxiously awaiting news on Tori.

I pray that all is well and she is recovering comfortably and will be home very soon!

Tammy-IMOM

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tori is doing great this am Just got off of the phone with the vets office. she finally came out of the anesthesia and is up and moving around now. she was outside going potty when i called. we can go get her later this after noon! thanks for all the prayers and support
hugs
stacey

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
Stacey, I am SO HAPPY to read that Tori is up and around this morning and will get to come home to you and your this afternoon...

That's the BEST....you did a great job of making sure that Tori got taken care of...YAY RAH TO YOU...great job...and Tori is now all fixed up and will be back home with the people that love her the most...Judy

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tori is HOME!!!! She didn't eat at all while at the vets so i got home and cooked dinner and we had Her Favorite pasta and meatballs! She didn't eat alot but did eat some. the vet said the pyometria was really bad, glad we got her in when we did! Thanks again For helping us!!! She is on antibiotics and an apitite stimulant she goes back in to see the vet in two weeks to get her stitches out and for a recheck. She was So happy to see us She has never been away form us before she piddeled all the way down the hall when she saw us lol Thats her thing when she gets excited she pees. when we left she couldn't wait to get into the car and come home. she is now sleeping peacefully on a blankey.

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tori is doing great! She still isn't eating very well and is still sleeping a lot but seems to be feeling better and is definatly happier! Have a great night all!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Hi Stacey,

So happy to hear that Tori is doing better. I'm guessing because of Tori's age, it may take her a bit longer to heal up.

It's good that she is getting lots of rest. Hopefully she will be ready to start eating dog food soon. All that people food is going to spoil her
. :rolleyes:

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Tammy-IMOM
:dal:

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tori is doing great today she is just about back to her old ornry self lol. she is back on dog food too though we have to mix some canned food in with the dry but she is eating good for us now.

stacey6977

stacey6977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi everyone, My name is Tori and I want to thank IMOM again for helping me. A week ago I had my surgery and today I am doing great. My incision is healing well and it doesn't bother me at all. I am eating my dog food now and back to my old self. Mom still gives me bites of human food when I take my medicine otherwise I wouldn't take it woof woof. I have to go back to the vets on the 13 to get my stitches out and I'm not going to like that, but the vet is going to give me something to relax me so I will be a good girl and not try to fight or bite him. My mom is so happy that I am doing well, she even took her bed off the frame so I could get on it and sleep beside her like I always do. She really loves me alot to do that. My mom or sissy will keep you updated on my progress. Thank you IMOM, without you I would not be here now.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,944 posts
Tori...thank you for writing to IMOM and telling us how good you feel now!

You had a rough time of it and now you'll just be feeling better and better...

Your sissy and your Mom worked hard to make sure that you would be well again...they love you ALOT...and how sweet of your Mom to put her bed on the floor so you could sleep next to her...

Be a good girl and don't chew on your stitches...when you start feeling better they might begin to itch you..take care and keep getting better...Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users