Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Princess Darnell

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guest_Corrinne IMOM_*

Guest_Corrinne IMOM_*
  • Guests
Princess Darnell is an 8 yr old Greyhound/Pit Bull Mix with pyometra.

Thanks to the Angels who donate to our General Fund for Emergencies like this, IMOM pledged $350 for an emergency spay for Princess.  She is being treated at the time of this post.

Here is a picture of this beautiful girl with her family:

Attached File  BeautifulPrincess.JPG   1.34MB   8 downloads

Thank you Angels for making it possible for us to get this girl into surgery!

Corrinne / IMOM

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

View PostCorrinne IMOM, on 17 May 2010 - 08:19 PM, said:

Princess Darnell is an 8 yr old Greyhound/Pit Bull Mix with pyometra.

Thanks to the Angels who donate to our General Fund for Emergencies like this, IMOM pledged $350 for an emergency spay for Princess.  She is being treated at the time of this post.

Here is a picture of this beautiful girl with her family:

Attachment BeautifulPrincess.JPG

Thank you Angels for making it possible for us to get this girl into surgery!

Corrinne / IMOM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Thank you all for everything you have done for not only my Princess but for our whole family. Princess came to us in 2005 from a abusive home. We have had two kids since and she has treated them as her own pup always protective and as gently as can be.  She has never had a mean bone in her. When she became ill we were afraid we were gonna have to get her put down due to us having no money for her surgery but we were blessed to have you come into our lives and save her. Now my children can grow up with their sister Princess and we can feel whole again.
Princess had her surgery today at around 4:00 and is currently recovering. They say she can come home tomorrow as long as she eats and drinks. Thank you all once again soooo much I couldnt be more greatful for the miracle you have given me and my family.

Attached Files

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

View Postprincess00021, on 17 May 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Thank you all for everything you have done for not only my Princess but for our whole family. Princess came to us in 2005 from a abusive home. We have had two kids since and she has treated them as her own pup always protective and as gently as can be.  She has never had a mean bone in her. When she became ill we were afraid we were gonna have to get her put down due to us having no money for her surgery but we were blessed to have you come into our lives and save her. Now my children can grow up with their sister Princess and we can feel whole again.
Princess had her surgery today at around 4:00 and is currently recovering. They say she can come home tomorrow as long as she eats and drinks. Thank you all once again soooo much I couldnt be more greatful for the miracle you have given me and my family.

So Princess is recovering well from her surgery. I Found out The name of the disease she got was called Pyometra. She is still at the vet she is drinking but having a hard time eating but he said she should be able to come home tomorrow. Once again Thank you all for the help and support! I cant Thank you enough!!!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,199 posts
I'm so glad that we were able to help Princess. Sometimes, with pyometra, they can't be helped and they die a painful and agonizing death.

If you have read up on pyometra you are now aware that Princess would not have gotten it if she had been spayed.

Please don't misunderstand me - I am not blaming you. Obviously you love Princess very much but did not know of the dangers of not having pets spayed and neutered.

I am hopeful that you will now begin to educate friends and family on the health risks for intact animals.

All of us at IMOM hope that Princess will have many, many happy and healthy years with her family.

Give your sweet girl some gentle hugs from her friends at IMOM.

:magicmoon:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Another New Update Day 2 since surgery: Princess was released to go home today at around 5:00pm She still isnt eating very well but she is drinking and eating a little I think why she mostly wasnt eating yesterday is because she thought we abandoned her but when she saw us today I have never seen her more Happy! And she has eaten a little since she got home. My kids ran and gave her such a big hug when we got home! Since we've been home despite her cone around her head she is still trying to play ball and eat a pigs ear but it will take time to be able to be herself again. I wanna Thank everyone who were so generous to offer us help I couldnt thank you all enough! Princess is now on the road to recovery and I will update you all tomorrow! For me right now I am gonna go spend some time with my puppy! Thanks again to Everyone!!!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Another New Update Day 3 since surgery:
Princess is doing quite well she isnt eating alot at one time but so far from this morning she has eaten half a can (large can) of wet dog food and she didnt throw it back up and shes been following the kids around cleaning up after them as well. Were still not in the clear but were getting there. She had an accident in my house today so i have a feeling she got to used to the vets office and she'll have to be re potty trained but its all worth it to have my girl back! Thank you IMOM for Everything!! I will continue to update as the days go by. Thank you all so much!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,667 posts
Princess has been through alot and yes, she's going to have to readjust to being home.  I am so glad that she is doing better...and I did want to thank you so much for rescuing her from a bad situation...I know she's going to get better and better each day...please keep us posted on how she's doing...Judy

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Day 4 sinces surgery: Princess is doing great shes eating alot more, finally had a bowel movement and has been trying to play ball all day long. I am so happy to be getting my puppy back! She is still struggling to get used to the cone around her head but at least its only temporary. Thank you so much IMOM for giving me my puppy back she is recovering so well and it wouldnt have happened without you!! Now the only thing we gotta work on is her no getting hand fed and eat on her own and she will be perfectly back to normal! Thank you all again and again! More updates tomorrow!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Day 5 since surgery: So Princess is doing about the same i still cant get her to eat out of her bowl only out of my hand and im not sure how to fix this so if anyone has any ideas Please let me know. Other then that everything is great Thank you all once again you are all such angels and I love all that you do! Thank you all so much i will post more as soon as I can!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello again so Princess is doing great she is eating very well today! and she is back to normal being playful as ever! No all she needs is her stiches out and shell be good to go! Thank you all so much for everything i wish i had a million dollars so i could donate it all to IMOM you are all so remarkable! And to jacki thank you for starting such a beautiful program and for accepting me so we could have the help we needed without you so many animals in the world would die and i want to thank you for being so compassionate about animals. Thank you everyone I hope everyone is able to get the joy of knowing there is somewhere to turn when your animal is in need. Thank you all sooooo much for everything!!!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

View Postprincess00021, on 23 May 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

Hello again so Princess is doing great she is eating very well today! and she is back to normal being playful as ever! No all she needs is her stiches out and shell be good to go! Thank you all so much for everything i wish i had a million dollars so i could donate it all to IMOM you are all so remarkable! And to jacki thank you for starting such a beautiful program and for accepting me so we could have the help we needed without you so many animals in the world would die and i want to thank you for being so compassionate about animals. Thank you everyone I hope everyone is able to get the joy of knowing there is somewhere to turn when your animal is in need. Thank you all sooooo much for everything!!!

i want you to know i love everything you do and i cant show enough gratitude this is one of the most wonderful organizations ever heard of and i cant thank any of you enough! How you all came up with the money so fast was amazing and so kind to give to someone you dont even know. I hope one say i have the money to give back and more so i can help someone else in need like you helped me. Thank you so much!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi IMOM So i just wanted to update you on Princess She got her stitches out today and the vet says everything looks great so she is now fully recovered! Thank you all so much for everything!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users