Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Bonita - pyometra

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bonita Applebum

Bonita Applebum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Attached File  IM000218.jpg   48.3K   0 downloads I wanted to THANK YOU AND ALL WHO DONATED TO IMOM for helping my baby Bonita. She was in need of emergency surgery and recieved it with your contributions, and some of the money that we came up with. We are so greatful to this program and cannot stress enough how important spaying or neutering your animal is. Our baby Bonita came up with this Pyometra (uterus infection) just from not being spayed. I never heard or knew this could happen from a dog not being spayed. I thought she was safe as long as I kept her from breeding, that there was no reason to get her fixed. She is only 4 years old and I regret the decision to not have her fixed. I would have been devastated to lose her. Not just myself, but she is the world to my 3 kids. We cannot express our gratitude for having her here with us and back to our family. I could not have afforded it else wise and she would have had to been euthanized, so that she would not have suffered when her Uterus would have ruptured. Bonita had started separating herself from the family and laying in her bed. We think it was to save us from the heartbreak we would have suffered if she would have passed. Today, she is back to normal wagging her tail and licking our face with kisses at the hospital's recovery room and we can't wait to bring her home. Thanks again for helping put money towards our funds to help her get this much needed emergency surgery, so that we can have a part of our family back. Check back soon for a picture. I am on my son's laptop and he doesn't have any pictures of her saved on here for me to upload. I will do that soon from the family room computer. I can't wait to share her beautiful, tiny face with you. She is a 6 lb brindle Chihuahua who is the love of my life.Here is Bonita's photo link: http://www5.snapfish..._NAME=snapfish/

Edited by Bonita Applebum, 08 May 2010 - 04:30 PM.

Bonita Applebum

Bonita Applebum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Today the animal hospital told us Bonita's uterus alone weighed 1lb. That is a lot for a 6lb Chihuahua!! It was pressing against all her organs and lungs. So without the help of donations, she may have not made it, I cannot thank you enough!!! Bonita's mommy!!

princess00021

princess00021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

View PostBonita Applebum, on 08 May 2010 - 04:28 PM, said:

Today the animal hospital told us Bonita's uterus alone weighed 1lb. That is a lot for a 6lb Chihuahua!! It was pressing against all her organs and lungs. So without the help of donations, she may have not made it, I cannot thank you enough!!! Bonita's mommy!!

I am so glad to hear they were able to save your baby bonita! I to have a loved one who got pyometra and the angels at IMOM were able to help me from getting her put down.
My pup didnt cycle for over a year and a half so I thougt I didnt need to get her spayed but she got diagnosed on Sunday with Pyometra. I hope that together we can spread the word on how important it is to get our animals fixed! And Again I would like to say Thank you Imom for performing your miracles and saving our Bonita and Princess they mean the world to us!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users