Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

China Blake

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
China Blake is a 9 year old Pitbull with closed pyometra - which is more advanced than the open Pyo.  

Initial estimate was $1600 - but Falls Road Animal Hospital was able to offer IMOM a very nice discount and was able to do the surgery for $599.35.  IMOM has pledged up to $599 after the owner's contribution of $100.    

From China's Mom Gloria:

My pet is a member of the family, I received China as a baby shower gift when my 9 year old son was born.  I have cared for and loved China just as my on children.  When I found out the China had pyometra, it was devistating to me, I have not even told my children of her condition just yet because my family is still dealing with the recent lost of my mother.  I am have some financial troubles due to the lack of work and that I am a full time student. I need help with the expense of treatment.

Thank you to everyone who has made a donation to IMOM's general fund which allowed us to move quickly and get dear China in for surgery immediately.  We are all sending our healing thoughts to China in hopes that the surgery is a success and she has a long and healthy life with her family.
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Motherly4

Motherly4
  • Members
  • 4 posts

View PostSarah IMOM, on 13 April 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

China Blake is a 9 year old Pitbull with closed pyometra - which is more advanced than the open Pyo.  

Initial estimate was $1600 - but Falls Road Animal Hospital was able to offer IMOM a very nice discount and was able to do the surgery for $599.35.  IMOM has pledged up to $599 after the owner's contribution of $100.    

From China's Mom Gloria:

Thank you to everyone who has made a donation to IMOM's general fund which allowed us to move quickly and get dear China in for surgery immediately.  We are all sending our healing thoughts to China in hopes that the surgery is a success and she has a long and healthy life with her family.

I just want to keep everyone in the community updated on the status of China.  China is now in surgery and we are awaiting the outcome.  I just cannot express enough gratitude to everyone for coming to the rescue and providing the necessary funds needed for China to have this emergency surgery.  I cried everyday since her diagnosis because I felt completely helpless and did not know which direction to turn in.  But after some online searches, I was fortunate to find IMOM, and with the support and quick response to my request for help, China is now having the necessary surgery to save her life.

Again, Thank you for everything and I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Motherly4

Motherly4
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Good Morning IMOM Community,

China has pulled through the surgery just fine and she will be recovering over the next couple of weeks and being closely monitored.

I want to again thank everyone for all of their support and love and I will keep you posted on China's progress over the next couple of weeks.  I am sure that she will be back up and running and playing with the children in no time, but for now, I will make sure that she just takes it easy and keep the focus on her safe and healthy recovery.

I have attached a before photo of China just so that the IMOM community can see China up close and personal.  I will attach another photo after China recovers from her surgery so that you can see how well she is doing at that time.

Thank you again for all of the encouragement and support!

Attached Files

• Attached File  906.jpg   48K   7 downloads

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Gloria,
Oh China is such a gorgeous baby!!!!! Please give her long belly rubs from her friends at IMOM.  We're just so thrilled to know she's on the road to recovery!   Please do keep us posted.  You'll have a lot of friends reading and keeping up to date on sweet China girl - not everyone who reads will post.  But know China has friends at IMOM pulling for her! And thanks for the continued updates.

Sarah
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Motherly4

Motherly4
  • Members
  • 4 posts

View PostSarah IMOM, on 15 April 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

Gloria,
Oh China is such a gorgeous baby!!!!! Please give her long belly rubs from her friends at IMOM.  We're just so thrilled to know she's on the road to recovery!   Please do keep us posted.  You'll have a lot of friends reading and keeping up to date on sweet China girl - not everyone who reads will post.  But know China has friends at IMOM pulling for her! And thanks for the continued updates.

Sarah

Motherly4

Motherly4
  • Members
  • 4 posts
China is doing just fine....she is now moving about, slowly, but at her own pace.  She is eating again and drinking water.  She is still in the recovery phase and with time, I am sure that she will be back running and playing with the children.

The Vets office has phoned on several different occasions to check up on her, which lets me know how caring that they really are about pets that they have treated regardless of the situation.

I am so very thankful for the much love and support that my family and I have been receiving throughout this entire ordeal.  I could never express my gratitude enough.

China IS a member of our family and has been for the past nine years.  She is very loyal, loving, and protecting, and I could not have asked for a better companion for my family.  It brings much joy to my eye and heart to see that she is back on the right path to recovery, and I just cannot wait until we can take her out into the park and see her run and play again.

Although she still has a little way to go, with all of the love and support that she has received, this will help her to recover even quicker.... she has always been pampered and treated like a princess, and now she is really receiving the VIP treatment and she is loving it!

Thank you again for the many blessing that you provide to animals and families, you will continue to receive many blessings of your own in the years to come for providing such a loving and caring service to others in need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users