Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Roxy Hood - Emergency C-section

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Diagnosis: Emergency C-section needed
Total amount needed :$1000
Owner contribution $ 0
Need to raise: $1000
Spayed: No, but will be as soon as it is safe
Volunteer case worker:   Pat

Roxy is a tiny, unspayed Yorkshire Terrier, about 2 lbs, who is pregnant and in severe distress. Radiographs show three puppies much too large for this little lady to deliver. She is in need of an emergency C-section in order to save her life. Roxy's owner does not have the funds to pay for the surgery but loves her little dog and has been working with the vet all day to find a way to help her.  The vet and staff have been amazing - the vet agreed to a substantial discount and he & a tech are coming in before hours tomorrow morning to perform the emergency surgery.

If you can contribute to help Roxy receive this surgery, please designate your donation to - GF - Roxy Hood at http://www.imom.org/donation.

Please consider making a token donation to our Operating Fund as well so that we can continue to cover our administrative costs.

Thanks in advance for you help and support for this special pet in need.

Pat - IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,698 posts
IMOM angels...the forum hasn't been up a day yet and there is a serious emergency...this little girl needs OUR HELP NOW...

Let's make a miracle happen and get this sweetie fixed...Judy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,202 posts
I can't imagine a 2 pound Yorkie even being pregnant. If you can help, please make a donation.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
$175 received in donations!  Thank you for helping this precious little Yorkie!

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Roxy has received $300 in donations! So many generous donors are out there looking to help this precious little dog, thank you all!  

If you can make a donation for Roxy's surgery today it would be so appreciated, no amount is too small.

Thank you,
Pat/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,698 posts
IMOM angels...this teeny, tiny girl needs her surgery today...let's help with the funds needed to make it happen...can you see this little girl?  Judy

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
What a morning! IMOM pledged the difference so Roxy could have this life saving surgery. A huge thank you to everyone who made donations, said prayers and in general helped this little lady! I just got off the phone with the vet's office. Roxy is doing well, they delivered 3 puppies via C-section. Right now Roxy is having problems accepting the puppies but a vet tech is spending the day working with Roxy and the puppies so they will be able to go home later today or tomorrow.  This is the most phenominal vet & staff! I know we have worked with some pretty awesome vets and staff over the years but these people nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm so grateful Roxy's caretaker found them and all of us at IMOM are grateful to our wonderful donors who helped make this possible.  You guys are the best!

Pat

PS - and now I'm moving to all funds raise and as soon as the family goes home, I'll move to happy endings.

PPS - Yes, Roxy was spayed and when the puppies are old enough they will be too.

Hope4ever

Hope4ever

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 185 posts
Thank you Pat for the great news. I am so happy for Roxy and her family. Cheers for all the donors and supporters, and this wonderful vet and staff. Wish we had an online card we could sign to send them. Maybe I will research that idea. In the meantime way to go IMOM.

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
I just checked in on Roxy with the vet - she is nursing the puppies now! Yea! They said they think the "dad" was a daschund as the puppies are long and thick.  Poor little Roxy, she never could have delivered those puppies on her own. They are going to try to take a photo and send to us, I hope they do.  While I personally prefer older dogs, I do like puppies when they belong to someone else! lol

Pat/IMOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users