Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
997 replies to this topic

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Tucker and Justice have been with IMOM for a very long time.  Tucker was first and later we made an exception (at the request of donors) and accepted Justice.

Their original topic threads are hundreds of pages long so it's going to take us a while to get everything moved.  If you want to read their past history with IMOM click here.  And then click here

Their mom, Cindy will be along shortly and we'll pick up where we left off.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Hi everyone!! Welcome to Tucker and Justice's new train station. We hope the boys won't be in the station too often, becuz we want them out there chugging along and having seizure free days!!!
Due to bandwidth cost for IMOM, there is a limit of 20 emoticons per post...but never fear...aunt Jacki will work on the icream trains  :1icecream:  :turtle:  that we can use for counting seizure free days...we just need to be patient. I think her hands and brain are full right now getting everything figured out and moved to our new home here. :blink: Edit--can u believe she already figured out a way to do the icecream/turtle trains!!!  :heart:

For any newbies--Tuckie and Justice are both miniature schnauzers and they have idiopathic epilepsy. Tuck has been a PIN since 4/17/04 and Justice since 3/29/06. Tucker is refractory--which means he is incredibly hard to control. The icecream trains started when we would count seizure free days. Often Tuck doesn't even get to a week--but he has had a few good runs. Justice was also hard to control for abt 5 months--when thanks to some  :Angel15: 's he was given a chance with a medication that has made a huge difference!!! Both boys would not still be here if not for IMOM and the huge generosity of their  :Angel15: 's.
You will notice there seem to be a lot of "butt" jokes and comments--even a 21-butt salute when one of them reaches 21 seizure free days!! Both boys have had lots of "butt meds" (rectal meds when they are having a seizure)--so we all have butt fetishes now it seems--plus I have found when I am dealing with  special needs puppers--a sense of humor is a must!  If anyone doesn't get some of our "insider" stuff we write--just ask!!! WE want everyone to be comfortable and join in the support, love and humor with two little schnauzies and all their mum's, dad's, auntie's and uncles here at IMOM.

:tuckie2:

Edited by k9sign, 13 July 2006 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Well, I am pleased to find that my first post on the new forum is for Tucker and Justice.  I'll just make this one a test, and wish those special boys lots of very long trains on this forum!!

:tuckie2:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Hi everyone!

Justice is having another super day--and this time he is staying dry!! Tonight he will be at 45 days!!! Only 5 days (Tuesday the 18th) until his 4th BD...and his 50th day seizure free (we hope!!).
Tuckie still is quiet and clingy. It's hard not seeing him have boundless energy. Tonight, he will be at 3 days!!

The rains have stopped for today, and the flooding in the area has subsided. A mom here lost her life trying save her 9yo daughter after she slipped into a drainage ditch. The child survived...but sadly mom didn't. It is so very sad.

Linda--The trains will be diffrent now--but maybe until Jacki figures out an alternative, maybe can do something like this??

T--3  ===  :1icecream:  :turtle:===

J--45  ===  :1icecream:  :turtle:===

I hope ur weather is better now too. It's muggy and humid here--but no rain-phew!!

thanks so much angels!!!

Hi Kay!!!! glad u found ur way over!!!! I missed ur post while I was writing this one. Thanks for being the first to post on the boys thread!!! hugs

Edited by k9sign, 13 July 2006 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Cindy, so glad to find you over here so soon!!  Wonderful to hear that it's finally dry!! Did sound like Justice was having an aweful lot of fun in the wet however.  Really glad Tuckie made it another day.  With your member number of 21 he just has to be coming around!  Go Justice :claphands:  :dogsled:  !!  Yea, I know, only 10 icons and so many new and cool ones to play with! Maybe we'll have to go with the Roman icon count - one butterfly for 10 days since they're nearly flying by then with cones for individual days and of course the pulling turtles! (See then Tuck's last butterfly has to be an omen!)  Long trains are always fun. One train per reply?  Oh wouldn't that make Linda's already over-loaded work even worse. What was that comment you made before about bonuses? :spot >no way to not use that spotted dog!

Sure happy to hear your getting some terribly needed break from the weather- May your road hold and the vaseline stay on the shelf! Also sorry to hear the storms headed Linda's way. Yikes!  And to think how much we need them!

Glad to hear Justice is still so happy and Tuckie only has a few more hours to make another day!!

Thank you  :Angel15:  :Angel15:

:hugs:   :EMOTITWOCATS:

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
:wbd3:

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on Jul 13 2006, 07:19 PM, said:

:wbd3:

OMG, how cute is that!!!! Geesh, Jacki when did u find time to make it?? I LOVE IT!!! Thanks!!!
:hugs:
ummm that does say BIG HUGS right?? Not- BIG BUGS?? I see bugs on it. LOL

The boys are only a couple hours from 3 and 45!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!

Thanks so much angels!

:wbd3: --isn't he adorable?!!!

Edited by k9sign, 13 July 2006 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
I like those little Schnauzers.  My best friend, Anne who gave me Magic, had one.  His name was Murphy.  Anne got Murphy the day after I got Rascal.  And Murphy went to RB the day after Rascal went.  Odd, isn't it?

Anne died several years ago.  I'm sure it was a great reunion when she saw Rascal arrive, followed by Murph the next day.  I know she is taking good care of all my babes until I get there.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Aunt Linda may have to use her calculator.   I upped the number of emoticons to 20.

You have groups of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.  

I couldn't say no to the boyz.

turtle5.gif    turtle4.gif    turtle3.gif    turtle2.gif    turtle.gif

icecream2.gif    icecream3.gif    icecream4.gif    icecream5.gif    1icecream.gif

wbd3.jpg

Now I have to get back to work so I don't get fired smile.gif

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
I am trying this new board out and wanted to say hey to the boys! pp_animal_103.gif

IPB Image

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Aunt Linda may have to use her calculator. I upped the number of emoticons to 20.

I need to play with the turtles and ice creams too!  

For the moment..

================ T icecream3.gif turtle.gif =================

========== Jicecream5.gif x 9 turtle5.gif turtle2.gif ==============

Blocks of 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, etc, would make my life easier, but I doubt the larger ones would fit.  Perhaps new emoticons for each week?  I have been using the turtles to mark each week (well sort of) but I like using the turtles - since they are slow but steady little chuggers.  We could also come up with something for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days etc..  I was thinking about the broccoli!

Anyway look at the BOYS !!!!!

Edited by Linda IMOM, 13 July 2006 - 10:09 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Tuckie is at 3 days!!!  bravo.gif
Justie is at 45 days!!! anidogfris.gif

Oh my goodness Jacki--how cool grouping them to make it into 1 emoticon!!! That is so very sweet to go to that trouble. I bet some people will be scratching their heads wondering what the different  icecreams and turtles mean! biggrin.gif
That really is odd (or maybe not so) abt Murphy and Rascal. I read yesterday again how u got Magic--it sounds like Anne was a special person. I KNOW she is taking care of ur babes--I would bet she may be overseeing some IMOM ones too-since she had a hand in the magic!!
Thanks so much for grouping the  1icecream.gif and  turtle.gif's!!

Oh, I can't wait to see what Linda's first train here looks like!!!!

Thanks so much angels!!!
wbd3.jpg

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Hiya Jean, I am glad u stopped over to check on the boys!! Hope all the kids are fine! hugs

Linda, did u see where it's now 20 emoticons???

So...since it's 20 emoticons now and each grouping of icecream and turtles counts as one--right? So i used 15 emoticons. Doing it with 5's will allow it to go to 100 seizure free days--well as a combo between both boys.

========T  icecream2.gif  1icecream.gif   turtle.gif =======

=====J1  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle3.gif ====

====J2  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle3.gif ====

=====J3  icecream5.gif  turtle.gif =============

Hope I didn't mess it up. eek.

thanks angels!!!!

Thanks Linda!

Edited by k9sign, 13 July 2006 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
The trains look GREAT!!!!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Well, as per usual, the boys' thread is where the action is!   cool.gif

I love Tuckie's new icon!  Nice work, boss.  Give yourself a bonus. happy.gif  

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
The boyz topic will be a nice guide for me to see how many posts we should have per page.  Those boyz are always looking for ways to IMOM!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Hi everyone!

Tuckie isn't any better as far as not playing, but he is still seizure free!
Justice wants to go play, but it's like a furnace outside, so he can only go out a few minutes at a time.
Tonight Tuck will be at 4 days and Justice at 46!!!!!

Hi Kim--yep this [/color] where the action is!!! Glad u found ur way over!!! Isn't the new WBD cute!!  Yes, Jacki really does need to give herself a bonus!!! hugs

Hi Jacki--it looks like now it's at 15 posts/page--boy we'll be up to 99 again in no time.  happy.gif

thanks so much angels!!!!

wbd3.jpg
Posted Image

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
It's awfully hot here today too.  The spots go out and hardly zoom around at all.  The cats are loving the sun and are all sleeping in various window sills.

Tell Tuckie to take it easy today.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
I guess for the next week we will be in the upper 90's and high humidity--yuck. Poor puppers-they want to play so much. But when they walk it looks like they are trudging along. Hope the spots stay cool!! U too!!

BTW Jacki,  Gosh this has been a weird day of finding weird things at the old site.- I just noticed that at the old site Tuck only has 2 threads (2 and 3)--thread one only has one page due to the hacker--and it's missing at ezboard site. But on this thread here with ur intro post--the first place to click brings up thread 3--the second doesn't have thread 2 (that is at the old site), but it shows thread 1--that isn't at the old site. huh.gif

the boys are hanging in there. The heat is affecting them horribly (esp since they are on seizure meds)-so we watch them closely outside!!
Stay cool everyone--well everyone but Laura who if she has this weather is in heaven!!!

tuckie2.gif

Posted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Oh, I love Teddie's new icon, and the new WBD from Tucker!!  And I'm so glad the trains made it over!

What a great new community!!!!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
You know Kay, this is a GREAT community--new or old!
I am so touched that even when Jacki  must be going nuts with all the logistics and problems that pop up unexpectedly, and making sure the move goes as smoothly as possible (and having a life besides that--well trying to have one!) she takes the time to make sure the boys have their trains.  She is sooo busy, yet when I was concerned abt emoticons minimum nbrs--she changed it, and then grouped the icecreams and turtles together so we could still get the long trains. Plus she made  wbd3.jpg
I am really touched beyond words.

Well it's been thundering for a few minutes--again--a storm just ended abt 30min ago--and it's getting very close. I need to get of, and I may not be able to get back on later.
The boys are OK--OHHHHH Tuck played with Abbie-only for a minute or two, but he played!!
The boys will be at 4 days and 46 days in a couple hours!!

thanks so very very much angels.
OK...getting too close-gotta go!!!
Posted Image

Laurie

Laurie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Just registering and I am thrilled to find Tuck and Justice here allready. I love the new W.B.D. icon.Thinking of you all.
Love Laurie,Kori  Angel15.gif  and family  Angel15.gif  dog2.gif  minichien6.gif  pom2.gif  pp_animal_554.gif  magicmoon.gif  pp_animal_616.gif  minichat6.gif  ferret.gif  ferret.gif  pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 769 posts
Hi Cindy, Tucker and Justice!!!

So good to see you here, and I'm glad the boys have some ice cream cones...YIPPEEE!!!!  Yes Cindy I am in HEAVEN in this heat...I LOVE IT.  I haven't been able to enjoy it much, working a ton of OT right now...boo-hoo.

Miss Chloe went to the vet today for her yearly checkup..she is doing great and is the picture of health, we feel very blessed.  I had the vet trim her nails..YIKES!  That wasn't too much fun, she's not very happy about having her claws clipped.  We all decided it was because she was hand raised, no mom or siblings......makes em very bratty... wacko.gif

I love this new emoticon!!!------->   wbd3.jpg

Have a great night!!

Laura and the nicely manicured Chloe

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Tuck played with Abbie-only for a minute or two, but he played!!
WOOHOO!!  And Tuck, your eggplant is safe....... Valerie Plame has been "outed" as a CIA operative.  ninja.gif

Yes Cindy I am in HEAVEN in this heat...I LOVE IT.  

Laura?  Oh Laura?  Come here please.  
bitchslap2.gif

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests

Tonight Tuck will be at 4 days and Justice at 46!!!!!

Woo Hoo - I am too tired to play with the new train set tonight!  But glasd the boys are staying on track.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Oh, dear sweet Laura, in case Kim missed---   bitchslap2.gif  wink.gif

The boys are OK abt Chloe getting a toe nail trim now, since they will grow before the f-word!! Don't ever take one of the kitties for a toe nail trim near the f-word--cuz u ain't seen nothin yet!!!

Tuckie is laying on his eggplant--I'm not sure he totally feels safe yet!

The boys are sacked out--and I will be too soon. They hit 4 and 46 days!

Hi Laurie, so glad u felt well enough to check the boys thread and post. We are thinking abt u. Please keep us up to date on what's happening!! hugs

Oh well...round 3 of todays storms is coming, so gotta run.

Thanks so much angels!!

tuckie2.gif

Edited by k9sign, 15 July 2006 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts

[quote]Tuck played with Abbie-only for a minute or two, but he played!![/quote]
even if it was for only a minute or two I'm ecstatic that you had a minute or two of Tuck back.  Those are the moments we need the most! bowwow.gif I sure hope they are staying cool!  Used to put a baby pool out for mine in this heat and when I'd let them out it was streak and fling in the pool. We're really missing that this year and while your getting drowned we are expecting a whalloping fire season.

[quote name='k9sign' date='Jul 15 2006, 12:30 AM' post='610']
Oh, dear sweet Laura, in case Kim missed---   )

Laura you're clearly too sweet to deserve it but for liking the heat in case Cindy and Kim both missed  bitchslap2.gif  ohmy.gif

Jackie, Tucks emoticon is precious.  How you do it all!?!

Only 4 days to 50 for Justice!!! Yea!!  We know Tuck will get there shortly!!

Thanks for helping them angels!

Martha Jane

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
No playing from Tuck today. He will lie on the floor or on furniture and have his carrot or squeaky ball in his mouth just squeaking away--he just isn't running gleefully thru the house-bouncy bouncy.

Tuck will though be at 5 days tonight and Justice at 47!!!

Hi Martha Jane, I see u are still able to get to the old board and copy things. I don't know what the heck has happened that I can't!! No matter what I do--I end up back at this board!!! I can get to the other one--but as soon as I click on anything--back to here I come!!! So...I won't be able to visit Baila--till I figure this out. Worse yet--I can't copy and paste.
Hmmmm I wonder if I use a link (like one of Tuck's links that Jacki put on the intro) if it will be a "back door" to the community forum..hmmm
gotta go try!!  Give Baila a kiss and hug from me!!

Hi Linda, I don't blame u for being too tired to do the train--I was too! Seems all I did yesterday was move some Happy Endings threads and mostly follow all the weird hidden things. Made me crazy!!! OK--hope I can get back to copying!!

thanks so very much angels!!!

**edit--I can get in to the old IMOM using a "back door"--clicked on one of Tuck's links back to old site--and hehehe I can move around in the old site IMOM again--hopefully I can keep doing it.   aktion033.gif
wbd3.jpg

Edited by k9sign, 15 July 2006 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
OK Cindy, you think you're a computer lame brain? Your computer skills seem great  to me, it's your math that may suffer.  Thank you for congratulating me on doing so well on transferring my posts. I think I almost managed to do not quite half as many as you - an I chose a forum that would allow me to play in pre-school while you are having to deal with the post doctoral problem solving forum!!  She knew she could She knew she could..Chug Chug!! As embarrassing as this is to admit, I'm getting a hot spot on my finger from the touch pad on this laptop! And talk about lameness, I'm back here editing this post because I apparantly sent nothing but a quote of your entire last post by accident!

We've be in the mid-upper 90's more of the summer than not this year.  Boy am I glad we don't have your humidity to deal with.

Glad Justice is still Rockin and we're hoping Tucker rallies even more soon!!

Thank you angels!!

Edited by Baila, 15 July 2006 - 07:14 PM.

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Gosh Cindy, Now I'm feeling left in the old dog pen watching my new friends over in the new yard playing!  Maybe I should start on 'Behind the Scenes' but that's an area I think I'd better ask about first, not to mention that I've already been such a "skwoo ball" just working on Dog Daze.

I'm really sorry to hear Tuck is playless today. That's got to be tough to see. Hopefully this is just his day of rest from his two minutes yesterday so he can go for three tomorrow! Yea for working on his 5th day.  Justice- only Three more days!! claphands.gif  biggrin.gif

Wow isn't it the truth that  merely cut and paste can be make one tired, and I didn't even have any of the weird stuff that you did, just my self made goofs. I'm almost afraid to put it here, but I am still getting to the old site by putting IMOM in google and hitting 'I Feel Lucky'. It has let me through every time.  I'm also using Firefox, which like Netscape has a tab system so I can keep several tabbed pages in front of me at all times and I keep both sites open the whole time I'm working.  I can't seem to get there other ways either so I hope this works a bit longer

wbd3.jpg  Hey Tuck - remember me?  I'm still in there. Lets play!  Sure hope he's having a better day!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users