Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Roxie Mangold-Pyometra

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Roxie is a 9 yr female Rottie with Pyometra.

Only thanks to our generous donors, are we are able to pledge $267 for Roxie to have an emergency spay to save her life.

Here is what Roxie's mom posted earlier in the Introductions section:

QUOTE (Roxiesmom @ Feb 4 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roxie is in good spirits and we are keeping her in a comfortable state. She is getting so much love and attention and so far the baytril is keeping her illness at bay but, she is like a ticking time bomb all we can do is keep her comfortable and pray she can hold on. Thank you for asking and I will keep you updated.

Tammy/IMOM

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Tammy IMOM @ Feb 4 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roxie is a 9 yr female Rottie with Pyometra.

Only thanks to our generous donors, are we are able to pledge $267 for Roxie to have an emergency spay to save her life.

Here is what Roxie's mom posted earlier in the Introductions section:

Tammy/IMOM

Words cannot even desribe how happy I am feeling right now. I am waiting for my vet to call me back so we can set up a date for her surgery so I will keep everyone updated as soon as I get more information. Roxie and I want to give a huge thanks to everyone involved. Please keep her in your prayers.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I just spoke with Roxie's vet and she will be having her surgery on Monday 2/8. Once again thank you and I will be posting updates daily.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,942 posts
I am THRILLED to see that Roxie is getting the surgery she so needs...

Please do keep us posted as we will be worried until Monday arrives...

THANKS for getting this girl the helped she needs...Judy

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
UPDATE: I just spoke to the vet and they want to do her surgery tomorrow Fri 2/5 so now she doesn't have to wait until Monday. This is great news. I can't say it enough thanks IMOM for this wonderful gift you are giving us.

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 401 posts
QUOTE (Roxiesmom @ Feb 4 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UPDATE: I just spoke to the vet and they want to do her surgery tomorrow Fri 2/5 so now she doesn't have to wait until Monday. This is great news. I can't say it enough thanks IMOM for this wonderful gift you are giving us.

sigh of relief...    What time are you to stop food and water tonight?  That's wonderful they are taking Roxie in before the weekend.  Give her a hug from us.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,942 posts
I'm really glad to see that Roxie gets to go today also...the sooner the better in this case...we don't want any more complications...

Please let us know when she is out of surgery and into recovery...we will be with you both in spirit today.  Judy

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Good morning. Thanks to all for the loving thoughts. Roxie could have no food after midnight and no water after 6a. She was not happy that she didn't get breakfast but, I explained to her it was for the best. Right now Roxie is at the vet's office waiting to get surgery. She is in good spirits and she look very good this morning so I am hoping everything goes ok.  As soon as I know anything I will post it.

Attached File  p3160032.jpeg   9.69K   6 downloads

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I have wonderful news. Roxie is out of surgery and is doing great. She was worst off then what they thought. The vet told me her uterus was 20 times the size it should have been so I am glad they did not wait till Monday to do this surgery. They also said she was stable through the whole surgery. I am working now so I won't get to see her till later on today and I can't wait to see her. Like I said before I cannot thank our new IMOM friends enough. Once I see her I will give another update.

Hope4ever

Hope4ever

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 185 posts

I love this picture. Good news about the surgery. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am sure you are very anxious to see Roxie.

QUOTE (Roxiesmom @ Feb 5 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good morning. Thanks to all for the loving thoughts. Roxie could have no food after midnight and no water after 6a. She was not happy that she didn't get breakfast but, I explained to her it was for the best. Right now Roxie is at the vet's office waiting to get surgery. She is in good spirits and she look very good this morning so I am hoping everything goes ok.  As soon as I know anything I will post it.

Attached File  p3160032.jpeg   9.69K   6 downloads

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Good morning,
I was able to see Roxie last night for a few minutes. They said she was still groggy but, as soon as she saw me she perked up and wanted to go home. Our vet didn't trust to send her home at the time which I understand. As long as it stops snowing before 2p today I can pick her up today. We have a few inches so far and it is still coming down and my vet is 45 min away. The news says it should stop by noon so I am hoping they are right. When I was at the vet's office they showed me pictures what her urterus looked like before they removed it. I couldn't beleive it. She was living on borrowed time. I am so glad she made it through this. Last night was the first time is a while that I slept worry free. I came home after visiting Roxie, took care of my other dogs then sat down and that was it I was out and I slept throught he whole night. Right now I am waiting for a call from the vet and once I pick her up I will give another update,
Thank you for this wonderful gift you have given us.

Hope4ever

Hope4ever

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 185 posts
I am so glad you were able to visit Roxie and were able to rest. I hope this is the beginning of more relaxed days and nights for you all.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
The snow did stop and the roads were cleared in time for me to pick Roxie up from the vet. As soon as I got there she wanted to go home. The vet said she is doing great and she doesn't think she should have any issues while healing. She was able to eat and drink with out bringing it back up. Everyone missed her so much and we are glad she is back home.  We made a bed for her on floor and she is resting nicely. She is not to fond of the e collar but, I explained to her that she only has to wear it for a few days and then we can take it off. They have her on 3 medications Baytril, Amoxicillin and Tramadol for pain plus alot of love. Hopefully the recovery goes well. So far it is and she is very happy to be home. Her next appt. is 2/20 and that is when they will remove her stiches. I will check in tomorrow to let everyone know how her first night home went. Enjoy your night.

p.s for some reason my home pc will not download any pictures to this website so I am going to email them to myself and when I get to work Monday I will download some more pictures.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
What a wonderful morning it is. Roxie's 1st night at home was great. Before her surgery all she would eat was hamburger and rice. Last night and this morning she ate what she normally did before she was sick. She also drinking well and her incision looks great. When I am in the room she is in I can take off the Ecollar and she doesn't bother her incision but, if I am not there she needs it on because that is one incision I don't need her to rip open. She is in good spirits and I see her spirit coming back to life. She does try to do things she did before like jump on the couch but, I needed to tell her no until the stiches are remove. Since she kept staring at the couch and was not happy with her bed on the floor my friend made her a non skid step and now she can get on the couch with no problems and it doesn't strain her incision. I would bend over backwards for my babies. Tomorrow will be her 1st time she is home alone since surgery but, I am very fortunet. I have a wonderful neighbor that takes care of my dogs while I am at work. So she will be coming over tomorrow to check on her and to make sure she gets her pain meds. Until then I hope everyone has a great day and I will touch base again tomorrow.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

This is wonderful news! I'm so delighted that Roxie is home and doing great!!!

banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif
Angels you saved another baby.

Thank you all for supporting IMOM and our efforts. You are the best!!!

thanks3.gif

Tammy/IMOM pp_animal_568.gif

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Roxie had another great night and I can tell she his feeling much better because she keeps on trying to sneak up our stairs but, she is not suppose to be climbing them yet. Today is her 1st day alone since the surgery but, my neighbor will be checking up on her. I hope everyone has a great day

gaby

gaby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
I'M VERY HAPPY ROXIE IS OK, MY CAT HAD PYOMETRA TOO, SHE HAD SURGERY WHEN SHE WAS ABOUT 7 MONTHS AND NOW SHE IS ALMOST 3 AND LET ME TEL YOU SHE IS FAT BUT A VERY HAPPY AND ACTIVE CAT.
SHE IS CHICHIAttached File  GABY2010_314.jpg   296.43K   1 downloads
GABY y SIMON.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Good morning,
Roxie had another great night. Her incision is healing nicely and her appetite is better then ever. She is recovering better then I thought she would and I couldn't be happier. I hope everyone has a great day and once again thanks to everyone for saving my baby's life.

Attached File  p3160032.jpeg   9.69K   1 downloads

Attached File  p3160034.jpeg   7.52K   1 downloads

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
What a beauitful snowy morning. I figure I would check in because the way this storm is hitting us we may lose power. So far we have 6 inches and it is still coming down pretty good. Roxie had another great night. She loves the snow so I let her out a little longer to play in it but, we made sure she was very careful and didn't over do it because of her stiches. I am so glad she is doing as good as she is but, she is catching on that I am putting her pills in food and giving it to her. So I have to try a new apporch.....peanut butter. Lets see how long I can get away with this until she catches on. She is one very smart dog and if she doesn't want to do something you won't get her to do it.

Enjoy your day!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,942 posts
SO GLAD the updates on Roxie are going so well!!

By the way...about taking her pills...I do use peanut butter but what works BEST for me is the whipped cream cheese...it's a miracle worker...

Gracie is a terrible pill taker and with the cream cheese it's a breeze...Rylee isn't the easiest either but she loves the cream cheese also.

I think it will make med time alittle easier for Roxie also...

GOOD LUCK...Judy

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Just when you think everything is going good you get another hit. Roxie is doing great but, now my 7 year old diabetic lab is peeing blood. I am not sure how long this has been going on but, I know it is not good at all especially in a diebetic dog. I can't take him to the vet because we have a foot and snow so far and it hasn't stopped yet. Plus Roxie surgery depleted my funds. Care credit is max out plus her surgery cost me $600 more then expected which my vet is letting me pay in payments. Why does all of this need to happen now. It is on blow after another. I don't know what to do. So please keep us in your prayers because we need them more then ever now.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello,
Roxie had another great night and I can tell she is doing better and better everyday. At times I have to slow her down. Last night she took a running jump to the couch (the part without the step) which is a no no but, she did it so fast I had no time to stop her. She also loves all the snow we had but, I have to keep her activities to limted. I am so happy with the outcome of this surgery and I am so happy for all the people at IMOM that helped us. On another note Tank my 7 yr old lab has an appt at the vet. I am hoping it is just a urinary infection because I cannot take another major hit with my babies at this time. Thanks to all that had us in your prayers.

Rhonda, Roxie, Tank and Joker

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,942 posts
I'm so glad that Roxie is coming along so well...

and I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers that you are only dealing with a UTI today at the vets...

I'll be reading posts but not posting much as I'm going out of town for a much needed break from reality!!  Judy

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Miss Roxie proved today just how good she is doing. My nephew had my dog Joker out and about today and I had Tank at the vet. Before I left I just put the breakfast dishes in the sink and when I came home they were spread all over my house. How she did this with her ecollar on will be a mystery to me. On another good note Tank only had a UTI. It was caught in time and did not spread to his kidneys. My vet told me diabetic dogs are more prone to get UTI's because of the glucose in their urine. I didn't know this. Sat. he will be getting a urine culture to make sure he is taking the right meds to combat the bacteria that is causing the UTI. I wish he didn't have a UTI but, I am thankful it wasn't anything worst.
Not only am I thankful for IMOM I am also thankful for my vet. A few years ago I took my dogs to another vet for years. I always paid on time etc.... Well my dog Onyx was diabetic but, we didn't know it. He showed no signs and at his last exam he received a clean bill of health. With in one night he took a turn for the worst. I called my vet to make an emergency appt. and to make a long story short would not take me in no reason given. I was crying and  pleading. We had no other choice but, to find another vet. Do you know how hard it is to find another vet who have never saw my dog and it was an Emergency. Emergency vet hospitals couln't even take him. I must have called 20 or more vets. Finally the vet I have now took us no questions asked. They tried for 9 hours to save him but, it was to late and we had to say good bye. Since then all my dogs go to this vet and they are the best. They care about the animal and not about the money, don't get me wrong they like to get paid but, they try to work with you the best they can. I just had to give my vet a shout out because if it wasn't for them and IMOM my little girl would not be here. I am so grateful. Thanks to everyone for their wonderful words and prayers. JUDY you have a great trip and be safe. Until tomorrow have a good night my IMOM friend
Rhonda, Roxie, Tank and Joker.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Good morning,
Roxie is still recovering nicely. This morning all she wanted to do was sleep so I finally coaxed her out of bed and she ate her breakfast and went outside to do her business. She is not a morning person at all. She likes to sleep till about 1p. Some days I wish I could swap places with her because she has the life. I hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Happy Valentine's day,

I am looking at my posts and realized the one from yesterday is not on here. I am not sure what happen to it but, I did write one.  With the busy day I was having I bet I forgot to hit reply. So I will combine yesterdays and todays. Roxie is still doing great. She is like a different dog and acts like she did when she was younger. It is like she is reborn. It is awesome to see her like this. Yesterday she spent most of the day alone becasue the rest of the family needed to go to the vet and we were there for a very long time. I actually asked my vet if she had a room for rent because I feel like I live there. Roxie doesn't mind being alone because this is the time she can get some sleep or get into things she shouldn't. Roxie is VERY smart dog. Since today is Valentines' day I bought all my babies pet friendly treats in a heart shape box. Since all them are done eating there breakfast I think I will give them one.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day. Be safe.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I am not sure if something is wrong with my computer but, I did post an update yesterday and I don't see it here today. This same thing also happen the other day but, I figure I might have forgot to hit add  but, now I am missing another post and I am not sure why. Am I doing something wrong  or did this happen to anyone else? I can't figure it out. I guess after I post something I better go back and make sure it took.
Roxie is still doing great. She is almost done taking all her meds and on Sat she gets her stiches removed. I am so glad she had no side affects or any infections. My baby has been through enough. She is feeling a little sad today because one of her playmates passed away today. It was my friend's dog Lilah. Her family will be in our prayers.

Your friends
Rhonda, Roxie, Joker, and Tank

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Today has been another great morning for Roxie. She cannot wait till Sat then she doesn't have to wear the E collar anymore. When we are home she has it off and doesn't bother the incision but, I still don't trust to keep it off when we are not there. She is the type of dog that once your back is turned she gets into trouble.

I hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Rhonda, Roxie, Tank and Joker.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Finally a day with no snow! I hope we saw the last of it. Roxie is still doing great. Like I said before she is not a morning person and I had a little trouble getting her up this morning and then I had to coax her to go outside. I don't blame her I wish I could stay in bed and not go outside in this cold weather.

Everyone have a great day and be safe.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts

Finally a day with no snow!

I know what you mean!  We haven't had any for a few days but we got a total of about 30 inches.

I'm glad Miss Roxie is doing well!
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users