Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Roxie's mom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello my name is Rhonda and I am the owner of 3 dogs that I saved from going to a shelter. My female pure breed 8 1/2 year old Rottie, Roxie was just diagnosed with pyometra and she needs surgery asap. My vet said it would cost anywhere between 1,200 to 1,800 which I do not have and I tried so many other options to get the money but, I keep hitting dead ends. I do have Care Credit but, a year ago my other dog, Tank was diagnosed with diabetes and is on 38 units on Humlin N twice a day plus he requires special food. Around the same time my other dog Joker was diagnosed with uveitis which he needed to go to an Optomologist. Before I knew it my care credit was up to almost 4000.00 which is my limit. I am at a loss and I don't know what to do. I love my baby girl and she is a part of our family but, because of one incident after another happening I do not have the funds to pay for this and beleive me I tried. I would bend over backwards for my dogs. I don't want to put her down but, I am going to have no other choice because I don't want to see her suffer. She is stable at the moment and my vet has her on baytril to buy time but, as you all know when a dog has pyometra time is not on your side. I am looking for help or any advice that can be given anything. Thank you.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,918 posts
Go to Click here for financial aid steps and read about what we need in order to process an application for financial aid.  Follow ALL steps, one to the next, and be sure to cross out all account and ssn numbers from your personal documents before submitting.

We hope we will be able to help Roxie.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

SandyLovesCavaliers

SandyLovesCavaliers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello Rhonda,

My name is Sandy...I am Riley's Mom.  I wish you all the luck in the world that you are able to raise the funds.

Best wishes to you and your pets.  Hang in there!
~Sandy

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Cindy/IMOM @ Feb 2 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go to Click here for financial aid steps and read about what we need in order to process an application for financial aid. Follow ALL steps, one to the next, and be sure to cross out all account and ssn numbers from your personal documents before submitting.

Cindy/IMOM

Thank you for your response. I printed out all the paper work and will be dropping it off at the vets office on my way home. I will fax the paper work  ASAP.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (SandyLovesCavaliers @ Feb 2 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Rhonda,

My name is Sandy...I am Riley's Mom. I wish you all the luck in the world that you are able to raise the funds.

Best wishes to you and your pets. Hang in there!
~Sandy

Thank you for your kind words. I am keeping my fingers crossed and not giving up.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Cindy/IMOM @ Feb 2 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go to Click here for financial aid steps and read about what we need in order to process an application for financial aid. Follow ALL steps, one to the next, and be sure to cross out all account and ssn numbers from your personal documents before submitting.

Cindy/IMOM

As of 330p 2/3 the paperwotk has been faxed.

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Roxiesmom,

You need to go back to www.imom.org/fa and re-read the process and follow ALL the steps. You are correct when you say "when a dog has pyometra, time is not on her side" - please do this right away.

Pat - IMOM

SandyLovesCavaliers

SandyLovesCavaliers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
How is Roxie doing?  Prayers are coming your way.
~Sandy (Riley's Mom)  minichien2.gif

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Pat - IMOM @ Feb 4 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roxiesmom,

You need to go back to www.imom.org/fa and re-read the process and follow ALL the steps. You are correct when you say "when a dog has pyometra, time is not on her side" - please do this right away.

Pat - IMOM

It looks like i forgot to fill out the form that needs to be submitted for the application. I just completed it and sent it through. Thank you.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (SandyLovesCavaliers @ Feb 4 2010, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is Roxie doing? Prayers are coming your way.
~Sandy (Riley's Mom) minichien2.gif

Roxie is in good spirits and we are keeping her in a comfortable state. She is getting so much love and attention and so far the baytril is keeping her illness at bay but, she is like a ticking time bomb all we can do is keep her comfortable and pray she can hold on. Thank you for asking and I will keep you updated.

Roxiesmom

Roxiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
This is a picture of (from left to right) Roxie, Tank and Joker. They are watching a parade from our living room window. You can see the front and back view.Attached File  p3160032.jpeg   9.69K   5 downloads
Attached File  p3160034.jpeg   7.52K   6 downloads

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Roxie has been moved to Behind the Scenes Emergencies.

Please visit her there...

Roxie's Thread

Tammy/IMOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users