Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Angel Mendoza

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diagnosis: Ulcerated mammary masses
Amount of estimate: $2000. Applicant's caregiver can contribute $1000 and has obtained $200 from other organizations. IMOM has pledged $300. We need to raise $500.
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Case worker: Laurie

Angel is a spayed 12-year-old Black Lab who has three ulcerated mammary masses. These masses need to be removed as soon as possible.

Angel's dad is unable to post messages, but his caregiver is working very hard to find help for Angel. Not only has he applied to IMOM, he has applied to six other organizations. He is also going to make a substantial personal contribution to help Angel.

I spoke with Angel's vet this morning, and they would like to perform Angel's surgery tomorrow if possible.

The estimate for surgery is $2000. Angel's dad's caregiver will contribute $1000, and has obtained $200 in pledges from other organizations. IMOM has made an immediate pledge of $300. So $500 remains to be raised.

Can you help Angel with a donation of any size so she can have her surgery tomorrow?

To donate, please go to: www.imom.org/donation

Earmark your donation "GF - Angel Mendoza."

When making your donation, please consider a small donation to our operating fund so we can continue to pay for operating expenses.

Thank you for helping Angel,

Laurie / IMOM

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Here is a photo of Angel. You can see why she so desperately needs surgery immediately. Please, can you make a donation of any size to help this sweet girl so she can have surgery tomorrow?

Attached File  angel.jpg   142.72K   15 downloads

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
we would like to share these photos of angel and her Dad [HENRY].
she has always been with him since his 10th birthday[12 years ago]
we are his guardians because his mother left 8 years ago she could
not watch her son die and come back. It was like losing him  so many
times, and more of her died every time along with him. he has since endured
6 major surgries including full spinal fusion. All of these have helped him grow
more strong every day with his faithfull companion beside him. now she needs
the love and attenion she has so freely given these past many years, and my wife
and I so feel she deserves. The growth is only attached in a small area and the doctors
say she has a chance in attention is given now. I feel very bad that we can not do this on
our own but no man is an Iland to himself. So pride aside time is a hand to ask any and all make
a gift to a deserving Boy and his partner,and to the foundation of I-MOM, and declare to your friends
that this is ther christmas gift to them in their name and enjoy the true chritmas spirit that we all should share
God Bless The Pogue and Mendoza family........

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Photos are coming, and brace yourself - it's awful.  broken_heart.gif  Please help Angel have her surgery tomorrow.  She has to have this terrible tumor removed right away!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Here is the photo of Angel and her dad, Henry.

Attached File  angel2.jpg   185.12K   28 downloads

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Did not know how to send photos hope the message is clear help is urgent.
Thank you for anything you can give, even if just a prayer.
Paul, Amy, and Henry

Again thank you for those who now know of a need that should be met.
Please send that gift if not to our Angel to someone who needs your Love
at I-MOM

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Please, please donate what ever amount you can.  It doesn't matter if it's only a few dollars.  We cannot let this baby suffer with this huge tumor any longer.

I'm going to do a fund update and will report back ASAP.

Click here to make your donation.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Fund update..

Angel has $130 in donations.  All we need is $370 to get her taken care of.  I know we can do this. magicmoon.gif

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
You know that scene in "A Charlie Brown Christmas" where Linus takes center stage and ends with "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown"?  

Well, this case is what IMOM is all about.

There's no reason for Angel to continue to suffer with that enormous tumor when it can be removed surgically and the only thing standing in the way is money.  And there's no reason for Henry to have any anxiety about his best buddy being sick.  

Henry's guardians obviously care........ the IMOM volunteers are chomping at the bit to get this sweet dog fixed up....... and we know there are many, many caring people in the IMOM Community.  

I'm getting out my wallet.  How 'bout you?  smile.gif

ps)  Times are hard right now, but if you think you've had a tough year, take a look at that photo of Henry and Angel again.  I don't know about you, but I got no problems......

just_tracy

just_tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
pp_animal_568.gif Sent $25.00 from The Clark K9-5.  

Let's get Angel and her Daddy a Christmas miracle!!  I've cross posted her
plea on my Facebook page.  Get the word out folks... $ 500.00 is NOT an
undo-able amount!And THANK YOU to Henry's caregiver!  Without your
kind heart, this miracle wouldn't have a chance.

Edited by just_tracy, 08 December 2009 - 05:06 PM.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Fund update magicmoon.gif

Angel has $170 in donations.  She needs an additional $330 so she can have surgery and get some relief.

Click here to make your donation to Angel Mendoza

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I just got off the phone with Angel's vet. They would like to admit Angel this afternoon so they can stabilize her and fast her overnight in preparation for surgery, which they say can happen first thing tomorrow morning. They will give Paul (Henry's caregiver) a call to let him know to bring Angel by.

To help Angel receive her surgery tomorrow morning, please click here to make a donation. No amount is too small -- it all truly does make a difference.

just_tracy

just_tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
By the way - a friend of mine saw Angel's plea on my page and not only made a donation of her own, but also reposted!!  If we all repost Angel's pic and story in our various social forums (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.) we'll get the money for Angel in no time!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Kim, you're right...this IS what IMOM is about...

And what a perfect time for a miracle... magicmoon.gif

I too send thanks to Henry and Angel's guardian...your posts are beautiful and full of love...THANK YOU...

I know that you will check in when Angel is safe and sound at the clinic...waiting for tomorrow morning...this is going to happen...

The ANGELS are everywhere and it sounds from the posts that they will all be on full alert...

I will be checking back in to see how things are progressing in a bit...Judy

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Angel now has $270 in donations!  banana.gif  Thank you to everyone who has donated to this beautiful girl.

That means we only need to raise $230! I know we can do this. We all want Angel to be out of pain and back home with her daddy again as soon as possible.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Tracy, you're a sweetie.  Thank you for donating to Angel.

Kim, where have you been?  We've missed you!  Welcome back!

I'm sending a donation in honor of another lab who is dear to us that all we can do is love now.  This is for Sydney, one of our PIN's who is suffering from cancer that seems to be running amok.  I'm sure she and Charlie would want to help another Lab in need.

Anyone else want to join me?

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
We just dropped off ANGEL with the Vet, we took her blanket that she shares with our other two dogs
when She heard me talk to the vet it was like she knew.
She knew her pain was in the fast lane to being gone
She knew there were others who loved her
she Knew there was a light
She was ready for the
fight
I am not sure how to thank each one of you one at a time, but if I could put her owners words together it was Bah Bah Bah.
which translated means if I could kiss you all I would give you a wet one right here and now.
If you want to light up some ones christmas with no electricity give them this.
Let them know that ther is a little white beard in all of us
let them know that there is a HO HO HO in you
Let them know there is a future for all
and to all a good and blessed night.
spread the I-MOM.org cheer

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Angel now has $370 in donations! That means only $130 to go to get her to All Funds Raised!

It really touches me to see how giving our IMOM angels are to another sweet Angel.  Angel15.gif

Only $130 to go! I know we can do this.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
This the BEST!!

I too feel that Angel knows she is going to be fixed up soon...what a kind vet to get her all prepped for tomorrow morning...they are dealing with complete strangers but they too seem to know that all is going to be well...

I know that Henry must be so worried...but he has many angels surround him and Angel tonight and tomorrow morning...

We will all be here for them...please pass that along to him.  Judy

k2ofcu

k2ofcu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Donation just sent in via Paypal- every little bit, eh?

Getting pretty close......but still-

Just needs some 'fresh horses' to come on strong to push this to 'All funds raised!!'

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Henry misses his partner already, Angel will lay at Henry's wheelchair when he is being fed
Somtimes this is hard because she is moving an already moving target [Henry must be feed]
But we both seem to enjoy the challenge, and Henry the movement.
Before this tumor started its rapid growth we wood go for walks[rolls]
tho they must be short, he has breathing problems.
they are always exciting and he dances in his
chair
Angel would dance while we try and put on her collar
like she was dancing at the vets today
and oh boy how she will dance
when she comes home
please help if not
for angel for others
and i will dance
for you thanks

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Fund update..

All fund raised!!!  Angel will be moving to another part of the forum dogsled.gif

Thank you all for your generosity.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Wondering if there is any word on Angel?

I am praying that she is thru her surgery and resting comfortably in recovery.  Judy

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Paul here,  thank you all for the attention and generosity for angel  and for your prayers.
She went in around 9am and came out somewhere around 12am .
The large tumor weighed 8 lbs. with 2 smaller 1 lb tumors
They do not think they are cancer by the looks
Will test latter she is doing okay
cconsidering the length and
the complacations of thee
operation,  they will
let us know more
around 5 o'clock
will tell more
then and
again your
Love has show thru
and we thank you.........one and all

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
QUOTE (Judy @ Dec 9 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wondering if there is any word on Angel?

I am praying that she is thru her surgery and resting comfortably in recovery. Judy

she lost 10 lbs but is still under sed. will update later thank and God Bless you and yours
    Henry, Paul, and Amy.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Thanks for the update, Paul.  We are cautiously optimistic along with you.  Angel's going to feel so much better, having the extra weight gone and not having those horrible tumors hanging off her.  A long surgery for an older gal, so I hope she gets some good rest tonight and lots of TLC from everyone at the hospital.   heart.gif

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Angel is  trying to sit up and has eaten a little but they wish to keep her longer
She seem s to have a partial paralazation of her front right paw and
she can not walk on it. this hurts to watch her try. We  went by
visit and the tail works good it kind of knocked her off balance.
will go by latter only if they say its ok.
Thanks to all but remember as I
had to that there are many
others that could use your
Love and care, and,
yes cash. So even
tho Angel is on
her way there
are many more
Please help
Love the Family of Angel Mendoza

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Did the vet say what might be wrong with Angel's paw?  Is that the leg that had the catheter?  Just wondering if her paw might be swollen/sore from the bandaging to keep the catheter in place.  

Glad you got to visit her.  Sounds like she was happy to see you.  minichien6.gif

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 10 2009, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did the vet say what might be wrong with Angel's paw?

I just called the vet to check on Angel. I know we are all very concerned about her.

The vet says her recovery is going well. She's eating and drinking, and seems to be feeling pretty good. Because she's a senior gal, though, it will take her a little longer to bounce back from the surgery.

Kim, you are absolutely right about her paw. The vet thinks it's just sore and swollen from the bandaging that kept the catheter in place. Angel doesn't want to put weight on it, of course, because it's tender. But right now the vet feels she is doing fine; they will keep her there with them until she's feeling better.

angel 111

angel 111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ivisited her today it hurt to watch the pain

the vet wants to keep her another day or two

pleases any and all that read our story and helped thamk you

those that could not help find other people that can help

I-MOM  talk to friends talk to people in you church

talk to family, you work your neighbors.

any and all that can help even a little

so there can be help for others     thank you all again from our hearts    and yes I will try and be patient.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users