Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Dopey Davila

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diagnosis: Right hip dislocation
Amount of estimate: $1124. Applicant can contribute $250. We need to raise $874.
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Case worker: Laurie

Dopey is a 9-year-old Cocker Spaniel mix who was injured while playing with his canine housemate. While they were playing in the back yard, Dopey fell against a wall and his hip was dislocated.

Dopey needs surgery to put his hip back in the socket. His leg is currently unusable, and he is in a lot of pain.

If you are able to help Dopey with his surgery, please visit the IMOM donations page.

Donations should be marked "GF - Dopey Davila." No amount is too small, and will truly make a difference.

I can't imagine how much this must hurt Dopey. I hope we can help him get fixed up really soon.

Fundraising can begin as soon as Dopey's person posts a message here.

When making your donation, please consider a small donation to our operating fund so we can continue to pay for operating expenses.

Thank you for helping Dopey.

Laurie / IMOM

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello my name is Zoila and our dogs name is Dopey. We love him so much and really need to get him this surgery. Right now is can just barely stand, we are carrying him around the house as he can barely walk. We are grateful to imom for giving us this opportunity to help us out this surgery.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Here's Dopey! What a cutie he is!

Attached File  IMG00134.jpg   63.18K   11 downloads

Attached File  IMG00138.jpg   60.31K   12 downloads

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Zoila...Dopey is SO CUTE...in his photo he has a twinkle in his eye and he's smiling...

I wanted to let you know that the best thing you can do is POST ALOT...several times a day...tell stories about Dopey, I'm sure that won't be hard to do, with that face he must have alot of stories behind him...

IMOM is a great place and the people are the best...make them fall in love with Dopey just like you have...

I'll be back to check up on you both...thanks for taking such good care of him as he waits for his much needed surgery...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
At 3:26 Zoila posted in the Introductions thread so I copied and will paste her message here.  It's HARD to get used to the IMOM forum...but she will...I know it!

Hello everyone my name is Zoila, i am a mother of two beautiful kids or shall i say adults now and im a proud grandmother to a beautiful little 2 year old girl. We are here because we need help for our 9 year old dog DOPEY, his hip was popped out of place, and i cant even imagin the pain he must be in, the doctors have giving him pain killers for his pain but as we all know pain killers can only do so much. Dopey has been part of this family for almost 10 years, he plays such a big part in our family. We all love him so very much and just want him to get better. We are worried because we were told that if we do not get this surgery for Dopey that we will be reported because it is concidered animal abuse, and we do not want that, we love dopey and unfortunately we do not have all the money for his surgery, we are trying very much so to come up with the money so he can get his surgery and turn back to his old playful self.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Zoila - he is truly a cutie-pie !!!!

Angels, PLEASE, I know Dopey must be in SO much pain !!!  Can you please help him get his surgery ?!?!  I know the economy is tough right now - especially as we are approaching the holiday season.  However, no amount is too small !!!  Please donate for Dopey !!!!

Even if you are giving up your Starbuck's coffee or hot chocolate for a week or two - I "know" Dopey and his family would appreciate it SO very much !!!

It will all add up - please let's get sweet Dopey to All Funds Raised !!!

Thank you !!!!! And keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers, and heart !!!

LOVE, hugs.gif, and PURRS ~
Donna and 'The Bandit'  wub.gif

p.s.  Keep posting Zoila smile.gif

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thank you to everyone who has been so nice on here. im not really used to this and posting stuff. im not to computer sauve but for my Dopey im tryin and willing to do what i can. Today was been one of those bad days for Dopey he just seems to sad and hurt he just laying down not wanting to do anything or even play with our other dog his brother Scrappy.. if anybody can help we will greatly appreciate it..

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I'm so happy to tell you that Dopey has $82 in donations! Thank you to everyone who has helped this cute boy!

We still have a ways to go, but I know we can get there. We need to raise an additional $792 to get Dopey to All Funds Raised.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Getting on the forum is hard enough to figure out and having to ask for help is HARD...You're doing GREAT!!!  Keep up the good work...it's for Dopey...

I'm sorry to read that he is having a bad day...we know he is in PAIN and he needs to have his hip fixed soon...

Keep posting...communication is the best thing you can do...Tell us some stories about Dopey and Scrappy...I bet you have some cute ones...

IMOM angels...this little guy needs our help...let's see what we can do for him...

It's Friday...let's work on getting the funds in SOON...Dopey is patiently waiting...look at his picture...he's got the sweetest eyes...let's keep them sparkling.  Judy

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Oh is he ever cute.

And this could happen to any of us or our pets...just out playing and...ouch!

That has got to hurt.
IPB Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Laurie, is Dopey's story on twitter?  

I am going to put something up on facebook for him...WISH I were more computer savvy...

THANKS to the IMOM angels that have donated so far...let's see what we can do over the week end...

Dopey is having a tough day today...his Mom posted that he's pretty sad...can't we try to get him alittle happier.

I know that we can do this...the amount needed is so doable...Dopey's Mom has some to put towards the surgery and let's try to get the rest made up for them...this would be a great kick off to the season of giving...We have alot to be thankful for...let's pay it forward!!!  Judy

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (Zdavila @ Nov 19 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello my name is Zoila and our dogs name is Dopey. We love him so much and really need to get him this surgery. Right now is can just barely stand, we are carrying him around the house as he can barely walk. We are grateful to imom for giving us this opportunity to help us out this surgery.

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello My name is Zoila im very sorry because i don/t send a mesage many times a dia but my work take me many times a day my Dopeyis okey waiting but i know sufering like we sufering for him we love our dog and we hope everiting will be okey thankyou for you help to us and our dopey. Zoila

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (Zdavila @ Nov 21 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello My name is Zoila im very sorry because i don/t send a mesage many times a dia but my work take me many times a day my Dopeyis okey waiting but i know sufering like we sufering for him we love our dog and we hope everiting will be okey thankyou for you help to us and our dopey. Zoila

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hola soy Nelson davila papa de Dopey Davila amo con todo mi corazon a mi maravilloso Dopey el y yo salimos a pasear con su hermanito y nos queremos mucho el estrana nuestros paseos pues no puede caminar correctamente ahora se encuentra tranguilo pero yo se que sufre al igual que todos en esta familia sufrimos . yo al igual que toda mi familia agradecemos a IMOM por su maravilloso programa de ayuda en casos como este y del cual les aseguro que sere un donante fiel para con esta institucion que ahora admiro de todo corazon .  Nelson Davila

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (Zdavila @ Nov 21 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hola soy Nelson davila papa de Dopey Davila amo con todo mi corazon a mi maravilloso Dopey el y yo salimos a pasear con su hermanito y nos queremos mucho el estrana nuestros paseos pues no puede caminar correctamente ahora se encuentra tranguilo pero yo se que sufre al igual que todos en esta familia sufrimos . yo al igual que toda mi familia agradecemos a IMOM por su maravilloso programa de ayuda en casos como este y del cual les aseguro que sere un donante fiel para con esta institucion que ahora admiro de todo corazon . Nelson Davila

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 419 posts
PLEASE angels, don't let this senior puppy go without having this hip fixed.  It will soon be the long Thanksgiving weekend, and we all know how tough it is to get veterinary help on holidays.  IMOM needs to know the funds are there so Dopey can be scheduled for surgery!

Money is tight for all of us, so it's going to take all of us, each contributing a little, to get this pup the help needed.  As Jean said, this type of accident could happen to any one of our pets at any time.  "Mom" is working long, hard hours, and doing the best she can to post.  Please, let's show her that angels never sleep.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
Nelson (Dopey's Papa):

That is a beautiful posting for your little guy!  Keep up the good work.

I joined a program recently to help me lose weight this winter, and the Mocha Latte's from Dunkin Donuts are just too many points.  Taking the weight off the hips made me think of Dopey, so I'm sending in the money I would spend on mocha lattes to help sweet Dopey.  

Praying he can get help soon.

Paula
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,920 posts
QUOTE (Zdavila @ Nov 21 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hola soy Nelson davila papa de Dopey Davila amo con todo mi corazon a mi maravilloso Dopey el y yo salimos a pasear con su hermanito y nos queremos mucho el estrana nuestros paseos pues no puede caminar correctamente ahora se encuentra tranguilo pero yo se que sufre al igual que todos en esta familia sufrimos . yo al igual que toda mi familia agradecemos a IMOM por su maravilloso programa de ayuda en casos como este y del cual les aseguro que sere un donante fiel para con esta institucion que ahora admiro de todo corazon .  Nelson Davila

Here's a really rough translation, compliments of Google:

"Hello I'm Nelson Davila papa to Dopey Davila love with all my heart to my wonderful Dopey he and I went for a walk with his little brother and we love our walks much as the strange can not walk properly Tranguila is now but I was suffering like everyone in this family suffer. I like to thank my family for their wonderful IMOM program helps in cases like this and which assure I'll be faithful donor for this institution that I admire with all my heart now. Nelson Davila"

Please help Dopey if you can.  

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
QUOTE (Cindy/IMOM @ Nov 22 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a really rough translation, compliments of Google:

"Hello I'm Nelson Davila papa to Dopey Davila love with all my heart to my wonderful Dopey he and I went for a walk with his little brother and we love our walks much as the strange can not walk properly Tranguila is now but I was suffering like everyone in this family suffer. I like to thank my family for their wonderful IMOM program helps in cases like this and which assure I'll be faithful donor for this institution that I admire with all my heart now. Nelson Davila"

Please help Dopey if you can.  

Cindy/IMOM

Nelson says he and the two dogs are still taking walks, but it is strange with Dopey's leg being hurt.  He, like his whole family, is suffering with Dopey.  He and his family thank IMOM for the wonderful program.  

HELP JUST ONE

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
This reminds me of Manuel and his love for his dog...he also lived in Florida and would write in Spanish and then someone would translate for him...

IMOM angels...this sweet boy needs our help and his family is trying so hard to post and keep things going on the forum even with working on the week ends and having trouble with the computer...

THANK YOU Cindy for translating for us...these folks are really trying...

Don't we all want Dopey to be able to go on a walk with his brother?  Let's see if we can make this happen.....PLEASE...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Paula, I'm wondering if Nelson carried Dopey so he could go for the walk?  Perhaps he just carries him out so he can go potty and calls that his "walk"...

I am just hoping that soon Dopey can go for a "real walk" and feel good again...his little face is so sweet and happy in his photo...lets get him back to feeling that way as quickly as we can.  

Don't think that a small donation won't help...it will....everything adds up...if you can't donate, can you pass Dopey's story along to others and ask them to pass it on to their friends...we can do this, I know we can...Judy

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (Judy @ Nov 22 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paula, I'm wondering if Nelson carried Dopey so he could go for the walk? Perhaps he just carries him out so he can go potty and calls that his "walk"...

I am just hoping that soon Dopey can go for a "real walk" and feel good again...his little face is so sweet and happy in his photo...lets get him back to feeling that way as quickly as we can.

Don't think that a small donation won't help...it will....everything adds up...if you can't donate, can you pass Dopey's story along to others and ask them to pass it on to their friends...we can do this, I know we can...Judy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
Judy, you are right.  I believe walking is talked about in the past tense.  Nelson is happy his family members found IMOM, which is why the last part was a bit confusing in the google translation.  Where is my friend, Luis, when I need him. unsure.gif

The entire family loves this little dog and wants him well.  

HELP JUST ONE

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
You are right...this family LOVES their dog...I give them tons of credit for getting to IMOM, figuring out the forum and really caring for this little guy.

IMOM angels...Dopey's family has done a GREAT JOB with posting on the forum and we have to give them extra credit as they are dealing with a language issue to boot...

The Thanksgiving Holiday is Thursday...isn't there some way we can get Dopey is surgery before that?

He's in PAIN and I sure hope he doesn't have to wait until after the Holiday to get fixed up...that would be terrible.

I can just see the family sitting down to their Thanksgiving meal and thanking all the IMOM angels for helping take care of their sweet pup...Judy

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hello everyone i see that u guys have been wondering about Nelson walks with the dogs but he DOES NOT take the dog for walks. He was saying that he used to before he popped his hip, he was sayin that Dopey missing walkin with Scrappy and misses playing outside. Nelson carries him up and down the stairs of our house and he carries him outside to our backyard. Sorry if you guys misunderstood. Like we have been saying this whole time we love our dog and trust me we would not take him for walks with a hip out of place.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Don't worry, we KNOW you love Dopey and Scrappy...we figured out that he was talking about their walks before Dopey hurt his hip...

Your love for your dogs shows and shows...don't you worry about that...the IMOM angels know that you love Dopey...

We want him to get fixed up as quickly as you do...

I think it was great that Nelson posted on the forum...tell him thank you from me...that was wonderful of him...

Give Dopey a hug from his friends at IMOM...we care...we truly do...and we know that you do too...that's what's going to get Dopey fixed up...all the caring and sharing.  Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Really looking forward to what today brings for Dopey...I am hoping that the week end has been kind to him and we are getting closer to scheduling his surgery.

Nelson Family...do you know how soon the surgery can be done once the money is raised?

I am praying that it can be done SOON...sending you all and especially Dopey wishes for a good day today and hope that he's having an especially "good" day today...Judy

Edited by Judy, 23 November 2009 - 06:40 AM.

Zdavila

Zdavila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
motimonkey.gif Good morning Imom .i.m Nelson Dopey`s Dad my Dopey wakeup okey today but i know he waiting for something better ,I say to you thakyou for you support and all the people do something for my Dopey . Nelson.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,887 posts
Dopey has such a winning smile.  How much more does Dopey need to get to AFR?

I hope the Angels can help Dopey soon

Kathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users