Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Blackie: cat needs surgery for ruptured abscess

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 387 posts
Diagnosis: ruptured abscess
Amount of estimate: $400.
Applicant can contribute $0.
We need to raise $400.
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Case worker: Kyle

Blackie is a one-year-old cat with a ruptured abscess. Blackie needs surgery to repair the wound, plus medicines. We hope to be able to help with a donation tomorrow, Monday November 16.

Fundraising can begin as soon as Blackie's owner posts on this page.

You can help Blackie by going to www.imom.org/donation, and marking your gift "EF - Blackie Freed."

Thank you!

Edited by Kyle imom, 16 November 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

lorrief99

lorrief99
  • Members
  • 5 posts
i like to get our blackie home with us. when he first got hurt i try to heal him even though i couldn't afford it i try to do the best i could but he had purr at me and try to lay in bed with me. i really don't know what happened for him to get hurt but i put medicine on him and a guage. but his wound was getting worse a bleeding more so i thought i better find a vet to work with me because i had no money one of the vets in menifee had refer me to sunnymead vets clinic in moreno, ca i took him in they were so sweet and caring and understanding especially vivian and lori they were the best. the had refer me to IMOM.org .they had told they are like them. we had adopted blackie and stacie together at the riverside county. we also adopted lucky from the vets. the cats and dog was for my sons birthday. we had adopted another cat but he had got a hold of something but we had a bad vet and i try to take care of him to with IV that was hard but it was getting expensive. we end up putting him a sleep my son ask me were he went and i told him god took him he has special tools to take care of him one day you go and see him. so i promise not to let anything happen to blackie he purrs, sleep with us, soothes our mind, stress, depression and when we are sick. he purred at us when we took him in the vets, but when we gave to the guy he reached his paws to us cause he didn't want to stay. but i know i did the right thing even though i don't know how to pay for it. i would appreciate any kind hearted person that understand animals and their feelings and how they make us happy and feel good can help me and my son thank youblackie(cat)

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Blackie needs our help Angels.  He needs treatment for his ruptured abscess.  Can you imagine how much this must hurt? This poor kitty needs $400 in order to get the treatment needed to start the healing. Could everyone check and see if they have a little extra they can send to help him? Any amount would help this kitty reach all funds raised.

Thank you Angels for all you do to help our pets in need.

Pat - IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
IMOM  Angel15.gif

This little black kitty needs our help...and the amount of funds needed is SO doable...

Please, it's the beginning of the Holiday Season, the season of giving...Thanksgiving is around the corner and even though times are hard right now, it's the season of GIVING...what better way to start this Holiday out than to give to a sweet, little kitty that needs our help...

Let's see what we can do to get Blackie fixed up.   Judy

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I have a special place in my heart for little black kitties (I had one for over 17 years!).  I donated $14 for Blackie last night--I hope we can get that little kitty back home to you soon!

minichat6.gif

lorrief99

lorrief99
  • Members
  • 5 posts
i want to thank everyone thats taking the time to help us for blackie today supposed to have his surgery for ruptured abscess and i hope i will have the money to bring him home. blackie means a lot to me and my son. blackie makes us happy. he plays with us, purrs and has his tongue sticking out because he is happy with us. he sleeps with my son a lot and me too. when we come home he is waiting for us at the door and watches out the window. he likes playing with lucky our other adopted pet (dog). they play all the time. when we sit outside he sits on the porch with us. he makes us very happy, soothes our hearts.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
What a sweet post...

THIS LBK needs to get his surgery today.  Can't we get him in?

He sounds like such a little love...Let's try to get him all fixed up this afternoon...he needs to come back home to his family.  Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
What a sweet post...

THIS LBK needs to get his surgery today.  Can't we get him in?

He sounds like such a little love...Let's try to get him all fixed up this afternoon...he needs to come back home to his family.  Judy

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 387 posts
I have spoken with the Clinic to negotiate the price down some more, and IMOM is going to add some to Blackie's fund to reach what is needed. Surgery will take place today. Clinic staff are calling Blackie's mom to bring him in.

Thanks everyone!

Posted Image

lorrief99

lorrief99
  • Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (Kyle imom @ Nov 16 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have spoken with the Clinic to negotiate the price down some more, and IMOM is going to add some to Blackie's fund to reach what is needed. Surgery will take place today. Clinic staff are calling Blackie's mom to bring him in.

Thanks everyone!

thanks to everyone for all your support and caring even though i had came off on the wrong foot please forgive me in your for your misunderstanding. i was upset because i hate to ask for help and didn't understand what i needed to to. i guess i i had my mind set on how i was going to help blackie and not to dissapoint my son. very sorry please forgive me

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
There is nothing to forgive...you did just fine...you got Blackie the help he needed and I am assuming that he is going to or has had his surgery...

IMOM is a great place...you found it and you got Blackie help...Good Job...now your son will have his Blackie home again...happy and healthy...

Please let us know if the surgery is done and a success and when Blackie gets to come back home where he belongs.  Judy

lorrief99

lorrief99
  • Members
  • 5 posts
i want to thank everyone in your IMOM group taking the time to help blackie and had reached the goal to have blackie surgery. he is doing really good. thank all your blessing. find in your heart to forgive me i'm not that kind of person you assume i am. i was worried if i had to give my son bad news and i wasn't ready for that. i saw my cat he is purring. it was cool because his paws reached out of the cage like saying i'm happy to see you. meowed. you guys are angels thank you a whole bunch and i mean it from my heart. even if you didn't helped i still mean it. god bless you all. keep up the good work.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Once again ~ awesome job Kyle, and IMOM Angels happydance.gif I know Blackie is on the road to recovery thanks to all your fantastic hard work !!!!

It sounds like the family, and Blackie, are all very happy tonight !!!

HUGE hugs all around !!!!

Love, Donna and 'The Bandit' wub.gif

lorrief99

lorrief99
  • Members
  • 5 posts
i hope all of you IMOM had forgive me and don't hold hard feelings against me very sorry thank you again  and i'll put IMOM in my prayers.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
QUOTE (lorrief99 @ Nov 16 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hope all of you IMOM had forgive me and don't hold hard feelings against me very sorry thank you again  and i'll put IMOM in my prayers.

Lorrie:  Whatever the reason you think there might be hard feelings  -  time to let it go, and concentrate on taking good care of Blackie.  The IMOM board and volunteers are human, but very professional, and caring individuals.  They've faced frantic PIN parents hundreds of times, and understand the fear and frustration.  

How is Blackie?  We are waiting to hear Good News today. catwatching.gif

Edited by CatPaws, 17 November 2009 - 06:52 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Lorrie, I'm hoping that Blackie keeps getting better and better each day.  Can you give us an update on how he's doing?  I know that before long he's just going to be a happy, healthy kitty SOON...Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users