Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Kilo Carroll

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
Diagnosis: Fractured Femur, infection has set in

Amount of estimate: $850

Owner Contribution: $300 - includes $100 personal and $200 they have raised through other sources

We need to raise: $550

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Case worker: Tracy

Kilo is an 11-month-old Yorkie with a fractured femur which has become infected. Circulation in the leg is also seriously impaired. He needs surgery as soon as possible to repair the damage. Surgery can occur tomorrow if funds are available.

If you would like to make a donation, please go to the IMOM donation page and mark your gift "GF - Kilo Carroll."

Thank you for helping Kilo,

Tracy/IMOM

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Kilo is a very special part of our family. He is only 11 months old and he was given to us by a friend who is an apartment manager, found him and his litter mates in an apartment that a tenant had abandoned. He was the smallest little guy and we just fell in love with him. We brought him home and my daughter and I would take turns getting up with him in the night. He is our baby. We can't imagine life without him. Our 5 year old German Shepard named Max just loves him. You wouldn't believe how well they get along. I always call them David and Goliath. Kilo just started his life and deserves a long one. My family took Kilo when our lives were more stable. We didn't think that our lives would take such a finacial turn for the worse. We will do whatever it takes to save our little guys life. Thak you to everyone.

Jami

Edited by jami, 15 October 2009 - 03:30 PM.

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (jami @ Oct 15 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kilo is a very special part of our family. He is only 11 months old and he was given to us by a friend who is an apartment manager, found him and his litter mates in an apartment that a tenant had abandoned. He was the smallest little guy and we just fell in love with him. We brought him home and my daughter and I would take turns getting up with him in the night. He is our baby. We can't imagine life without him. Our 5 year old German Shepard named Max just loves him. You wouldn't believe how well they get along. I always call them David and Goliath. Kilo just started his life and deserves a long one. My family took Kilo when our lives were more stable. We didn't think that our lives would take such a finacial turn for the worse. We will do whatever it takes to save our little guys life. Thak you to everyone.

Jami

I cant stop thinking of what could happen. How do you say goodbye to something that you love so dearly. I'm not ready to do that. Kilo has been such a blessing in our home. I keep thinking to myself why this had to happen. Why can't I be wealthy? Why, Why, Why? It is so frustrating. Kilo loves to chase Max around the house with his monkey. He loves to get the remains of the ice cubes after Max has chompped on them. He snores when he is in a deep sleep on his bed. He hops like a little rabbit when he is getting fed. He chases flies at the slider window. He is the smallest in the family, but he has the biggest mouth!!! LOLOL!!! I can't imagine not having him there in the mornings when I come downstairs to feed him and Max. I can't imagine him not there when we all go to bed. I feel just sick inside.

Attached Files

Edited by jami, 15 October 2009 - 04:27 PM.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
The IMOM Angels and Magic will come through for you and your baby.

Post a lot- tell everyone stories about your baby so they can relate to him. Post pictures if you can. Times are tough but everyone here gives what they can and it all adds up to Happy Endings

Kathy

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Here are some more recent pics of Kilo. He is a bit medicated in the second one, but always such a baby boy!!!!

Attached Files

k2ofcu

k2ofcu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks so much for sharing your stories!  
It's so tough with the little ones- doesn't take much for fractures to occur!

$10.00 sent via Paypal.  
Wish it could be more, but payday's still in the future and am trying to help as many as I can!
Take care!

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (k2ofcu @ Oct 15 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks so much for sharing your stories!
It's so tough with the little ones- doesn't take much for fractures to occur!

$10.00 sent via Paypal.
Wish it could be more, but payday's still in the future and am trying to help as many as I can!
Take care!

I can't thank you enough!! For the life of me, I cant figure out what happened. Whatever it was, he is an absolute trooper because he didn't make much of a fuss. I'm sure glad I caught it when I did. I can't wait to be on the giving end of this site. You are all such wonderful people. I plan on sticking around here and finding some more new friends. Thanks again!!!

Jami

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Jami...GREAT JOB posting...plus, the photos are TERRIFIC...

Kilo is a little doll...

Keep up the posting...it's the absolute best thing you can do for Kilo right now...

I can't remember where I told you this but if you know how...go to Facebook and Twitter and tell them about Kilo at IMOM...I don't know how to do it...I have tried but don't think I did it right...that is a world wide connection to IMOM...you never know what angel is lurking around...

That little guy is so lucky to have a Mom that didn't give up...

IMOM angels...Kilo's Mom has $100.00 of her own money and has raised $200.00 from other sources so far...the amount we need to raise is SO DOABLE...

I know times are tough...but every little bit adds up...don't think it doesn't...

Little Kilo needs help and SOON...Judy

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have been on facebook, twitter, texting all my contacts in my phone and sent out an e-mail to all my contacts online. I have begged all my family members and done odd jobs for my neighbors. I offered my services to my vet, to clean or do whatever he needed for any expenses that could not be paid. I am not giving up!!!

Attached Files

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am Jordan and I am 9 years old. Kilo is an awesome pet friend. I'd feel really lonely if he wasn't around. I want him to get better and be able to play again. I love him and want him to get his surgery done. Please fix my dog.

This was a note from Jordan Carroll
Typed by his mom, Jami

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello I'm Kelsie I am 14 years old. Kilo is my little baby, I love him with all my heart! For the first few nights of Kilo living with us, I was the one to take him out at night when he had to go potty. I was the one who took him on his first walk. He slept with me whenever he could. When he got fixed I felt so bad and sorry for him. He cant talk, unless us humans, and now this has happend. It hurts my heart to know that my little baby may be put to sleep if he doesnt have this major surgery. Everyday when i get home from school, Kilo is there to welcome me and give me kisses, which I love. He is the best dog and I would be devistated if he was to be put asleep. Please help us out. I dont want to have to put him down. It would kill me, deep down.
                                                                                      Thanks, Kelsie Carroll.

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am getting the house shut down and the kids in bed. The dogs have been fed and I feel very anxious about tomorrow. I know things will work out for the best. My family would like to thank everyone who has helped Kilo. It means the world to us. Have a great night and I will keep you posted. XoXoXo!!!
Here is a great pic of Max and Kilo!!!
Jami and family

Attached Files

Edited by jami, 15 October 2009 - 10:19 PM.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
I cant stop thinking of what could happen. How do you say goodbye to something that you love so dearly. I'm not ready to do that.

Jami and family, you will not have to worry about that - at least not now. I have some wonderful news: Kilo is at all funds raised!!!  banana.gif  banana.gif THANK YOU to all the angels who have been supporting Kilo and his family, whether through donations or kind words or both. We all appreciate it very, very much.

All paws are crossed here that Kilo pulls through his surgery just fine.

Tracy/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
All I can say is WOW!!!

GREAT JOB by Kilo's family...the love was there..

Jami...BRAVO...you never gave up...you kept on trying...and look what happened...this was a true display of what magically things happen at IMOM...I am THRILLED to see that Kilo has the funds in already...Happy Days...Judy

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
My family is at a loss for words. We are so amazed at the amount of support we received. I knew mt prayers would be answered! Thanks to everyone for their help and support. I took Kilo into the vet this morning at 9:00 a.m. He was just a shakin. He knew something was going on. All I could do was cry for joy. The office staff were just smilin. I will pick him up tonight at about 6:30 p.m. I know everything will be alright!

Thanks so much,
The Carroll Family

Attached Files

tafutie

tafutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Jami Im so glad that all the paper work got in I was getting worried that Dr. Park's office was to busy to send it in right away. Keep us updated. I will try to help as much as I can

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry for the delay on Kilo's condition. The vet kept him overnight for observation. We went and got him this morning at 11:00 a.m. We were so excited. Thank you again to everyone who supported and helped us through this ordeal. We will never forget this. I will always keep in touch with IMOM and hopefully soon will start donating monthly to this great cause. I have posted information to all my friends and family to donate to this organization. I want to help other people the way we have been helped. Here is a picture of Kilo at home on his bed. He is really sleepy, but that is good because we want to limit his use on his leg. He is doing just fine.

The Carroll Family

Attached Files

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well...the first night home was really hard. I was up about every 1-2 hours with Kilo. He just cried and cried. I called the emegency vet to see if I could up his pain medication and he said that was ok. So since then I have been able to keep Kilo's pain to a minimum. He sleeps a lot and lays around on his blanket. He is doing very well. Last night was a better night. Things will improve daily. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks again for everyones support.  XOXOXO!!!!

jami

jami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello to all!!!
I wanted to let everyone know that Kilo is doing very well. He goes in for his post surgery check next week and to remove stitches. He doesn't use that leg yet but it looks to be healing wonderfully. We almost have our old Kilo back. We can't wait. Thanks again to everyone!!!!!

The Carroll Family

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users