Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Billy Rodriguez

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Diagnosis:  Surgery to repair jaw

Amount of estimate: $1,124

Owner Contribution: 0

We need to raise: $1,124

Spayed or neutered: yes, neutered

Case worker: Pat

Billy is a 2 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier who was attacked by another pet in the home.  Billy has already had surgery to repair several lacerations but needs additional surgery to repair his jaw that was damaged in the attack.  His caretaker has exhausted all available funds on the first surgery and needs help getting Billy the second and last operation. Please consider a donation to help this little Yorkie boy get the surgery needed to be pain free and go home with his family again.

If you would like to make a donation please go to the IMOM Donation Page, and mark your gift "Gf - Billy Rodriguez."

Thank you for helping Billy

Pat - IMOM

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am the proud mommy of Billy, I thank Imom for all the help and support. Billy is a wonderful and lovable doggy and he need to have surgery. We are in dire need for help.
Thank you
Lilia

QUOTE (Pat - IMOM @ Sep 30 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Diagnosis: Surgery to repair jaw

Amount of estimate: $1,124

Owner Contribution: 0

We need to raise: $1,124

Spayed or neutered: yes, neutered

Case worker: Pat

Billy is a 2 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier who was attacked by another pet in the home. Billy has already had surgery to repair several lacerations but needs additional surgery to repair his jaw that was damaged in the attack. His caretaker has exhausted all available funds on the first surgery and needs help getting Billy the second and last operation. Please consider a donation to help this little Yorkie boy get the surgery needed to be pain free and go home with his family again.

If you would like to make a donation please go to the IMOM Donation Page, and mark your gift "Gf - Billy Rodriguez."

Thank you for helping Billy

Pat - IMOM

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am happy to announce that Billy is going to finally come home today, after going through surgery for major lacertions. He will be home for a few days until we raise the money for his second surgery to repair his jaw. We miss him dearly at home, he's the one that keeps everyone going, he brings so much light to our home. I am hoping and praying that we can raise this money for his surgery, he wont be able to eat well. But I am thankful that he is recovering well he is such a strong little guy, full of energy and life.

Thank Imom for all your support

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I would love to share a photo of my Billy with everyone, he is the joy of our home. He is a feisty little man, possessive of his mommy, but he is also a bit mischievious, one thing he does when its time for a bath, he runs and hides under the bed as soon as I tell him "lets go take a bath baby" he runs and hides under the bed. He is a true love

Attached Files

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Aww, such a cute little doggie!  I just wanted to let you know I donated $24 last night toward Billy's jaw surgery.  Here's hoping the funds come quickly, and surgery soon after!

minichat6.gif

QUOTE (lily4mcali @ Oct 1 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love to share a photo of my Billy with everyone, he is the joy of our home. He is a feisty little man, possessive of his mommy, but he is also a bit mischievious, one thing he does when its time for a bath, he runs and hides under the bed as soon as I tell him "lets go take a bath baby" he runs and hides under the bed. He is a true love

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you very much for your contribution, every dollar counts. Bless your heart. And thank you for your wishes. I am excited because I will be picking him up from the hosiptal in about 45 mins. He finally gets to come home to recover before he goes in for the second surgery. Hopefully with everyones help. Have a blessed day:)

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am very happy to announce that Billy is finally home to recover for a second surgery. I want to thank Imom and everyone for their help and support. Billy still has to undergo a second surgery to repair his jaw. I was very excited to see him like his old self again, he doest seem to have gone through surgery just a couple of days ago, he is his old self again. I am very proud of him.

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Great photo of Billy! He's a cutie for sure.

Angels, Billy needs to have his jaw repaired, please consider a donation to help him reach all funds raised.  No amount is too small and even a dollar or two will help.  

Pat - IMOM

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Billy is recovering well, we are so glad that he is back home. He amazes me, he is so full of energy. Thank Pat-Imom, Imom and all of the angels that sponsor Imom. We still need to raise the money for his second  surgery. Every dollar makes a difference and is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone.
Lilia Rodriguez

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,224 posts
Fund update

Billy has $209 in donations.  We still need to raise $915.

Big thanks to all who have already donated. magicmoon.gif

Click here if you want to make a donation for GF Billy Rodriguez
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
banana.gif  banana.gif Woo hoo! banana.gif  banana.gif Billy is on his way. banana.gif  banana.gif A big thank you to the donors who have started him off toward all funds raised!

pat - Imom

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I want to thank everyone from the botttom of my heart for every dollar for every word of support, God bless every single one of you. Imom, Pat Imom and all the wonderful Angels I am so greatful to be a part of Imom and I so thankful to have found Imom:)
Billy is doing so much better, he is eating a little bit more. I have to run around the house after him to get him to eat, he hides under the bed. But I insist because Iknow that it is very important for him to get his nutrients he is also taking some food supplement.

Bless your Hearts, and have a wonderful weekend

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Good morning to all, I hope everyone is doing well. As for us and my adorable Billy we had a wonderful weekend, his drain came off yesterday and he is much better, I still have to beg hi to come and eat, but he is now coming to the kitchen more often so I know that he wants food. I thank God for that, because I was really worried about him not getting his nutrients.
I want to again thank everyone for all your help.

This is Billy at Mt Charleston in 2008

Attached Files

Edited by lily4mcali, 05 October 2009 - 06:34 PM.

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Good afternoon to all:)
An update on my Billy, he is 100% better running around after the kids...hahaha
I try to keep him settled I am afraid he might hurt himself, he just loves playing with the kids.
He has an appointment this Saturday 10/10/09 to have his stitches removed, but he still needs to have his second surgery
and still haven't raised all the money for it. I ask everyone to please help every dollar counts and adds up

Thanks to everyone at Imom. Wonderful angels
Have a blessed day:)

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I want to thank you Judy for your advice and the helpful information you provided. I am very grateful for the opportunity Imom has given me and Billy for a second chance, but we are still short in funds and in need so that he can undergo surgery. Please find it in your heart to help Billy, he is still draining from his throat everytime he drinks it saddens me terribly to see him suffer like that. Even though he is a very strong little guy I can tell he gets depressed and of course I am always cheering him up.

Have a blessed day:)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Billy needs our help...IMOM angels...this little guy is waiting to get all well again...

He has $209.00 already and we can help getting more funds in so he can feel well again soon.

How soon is Billy able to have his surgery?  I know he just got back home.  Did the clinic say he has to recooperate for awhile before the surgery can be done?

Let's see if we can get the funds in by the time surgery can be scheduled...Wouldn't that be nice?  Billy could be at home building up she strength and then just get his surgery scheduled...

I hope you are able to check with United Animal Nation to see if they have funds available...any amount will help...

do an internet search for:

uan.org

and apply for help from them...I will be sending positive thoughts that they have funds to help Billy.

Keep up the good work posting...it's the best thing you can do...tell stories about Billy and and let the IMOM angels fall in love with him as you have...Judy

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you very much Imom angels.

Yes,Billy has to recover a little bit before his second surgery maybe a few more days. He is recovering well, and has to be strong for his second surgery to repair his jaw.

He has an appointment this saturday 10/10/2009 to remove his staples, it breaks my heart I hope it doesnt hurt him and of course the Dogtor will assess him and let us know when he will be ready for the next surgery, but he did say it has to be soon. I do have faith in God and in Imom's angels that we are going to raise the money needed.
I worry because he is not eating very well, the Dogtor says it might be because it hurts him and cant move his jaw much, but I am hoping and praying that he will be able to have his surgery done, soon.

I did check the website that you gave me to see if they can help us and I will send the information tomorrow, hopefully we can qualify every dollar counts.

Please find it in your hearts to help my little Billy
Bless your hearts
Lilia Rodriguez

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Lilia,
IMOM has a couple of lists of fundraising suggestions that may help you raise funds for Billy's surgery. One list is here: http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=4668 the other is available under Fundraising Suggestions on our website: www.imom.org/fa.

We also have a list of other resources who may be able to help, that list is here: http://www.imom.org/fa/others.htm. In addition, many of these websites have additional links to resources that may be able to help. Even small grants and donations will add up to help get Billy's jaw repaired. Many members of our community have applied for and received grants from other resources. As you contact other resources, let the community members know and as you receive grants you'll want to post that so we can include those funds in Billy's total.

One of the suggestions in the fundraising list is to contact a local store (it might be a pet store, Wal-Mart, Target, or some other high traffic area) and ask if you can either hold a bake sale or set-up a table & donation jar near the entry - print a half page flyer (so you can do two per page) with a photo of Billy, a description of his medical need and pass them out to passersby. If Billy does well around people, take a playpen, dog stroller or x-pen (borrow one if you don't have one) and take him with you - remember his safety always comes first so a harness & leash even when he is contained safely is critical. Include IMOM's website with the link to "Donate" and Billy's name on your hand-out and explain that donations made on Billy's behalf are tax deductible. With the current state of the economy, many people will only make donations to 501©3 charities but when asked for help in a situation like this, many people will put a handful or change or a few dollars in a donation jar.

Several people have had great success with this particular fundraiser.

Another thing, since you mentioned Billy is not able to eat well, ask your vet if he/she thinks Billy might need a high protein, canned, prescription dog food that he can eat until his surgery. Although most dogs can eat light for a week or so without negative effects, it is really important that he is drinking water so he does not get dehydrated. Most vets will be happy to discuss these concerns over the phone without a fee and it is important to keep him as healthy as possible until he can have the surgery to fix his jaw.

Pat - IMOM

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Dear Pat, thank you for all the helpful information. I am trying different organizations as well. It is very hard, the economy is very bad and they are very low on funds, but I will not give up. It worries me that Billy is not eating very  well, but the Dogtor did put him on a meal replacement so that he can get his nutrients and vitamins. He is drinking well though, but I make sure he at least gets a little bit of food in I have to hand feed him and I praise him every time he takes it in:)

Again thank you for all your help and support. Have to go back to work

Lilia Rodriguez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Lilia...you hang in there...we all know how frustrating and stressful it is worrying about your beloved pet...You are watching Billy struggle to eat and you know you need money to get him fixed...

That's what we are here for...if you are having a tough day...write...we'll boost your moral...better yet, let's hope for a good day...and we'll all be happy together...

You just keep trying...I know it's hard to hear that there aren't funds available...but you won't know without trying...

tell us about it and release your stress...we'll understand...plus, we'll all know how hard you're trying to get monies in for Billy...

It's hard work...but he needs you now, more than ever...you be strong...we'll all help you...

When Billy is feeling good, does he have a favorite toy?  Tell us a sweet story about him...he sounds like such a little love.  Judy

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Wow thank you for your words. Motivates me keeps me going, and just to see that little sweet face of his. I will never give up and i will do whatever I can to help him:)
I usually go home for lunch, and specially now because I dont wanna leave him alone too long. I only live like 7 mins from work so I go and have lunch with him. He's so funny because when I get home he hides under the coffee table because he threw the kitchen waste basket and made a mess. He thinks I am going to fuss at him, but I just laugh. It makes me laugh to know that he is being mischievious. See before he got hurt he used to that all the time...but it doesnt bother me just to know that he is going back to his old habits gives me strength because  I feel that he is recovering well. Alot of people dont know how Yorkies are they are very dominant, they are oblivious to their size very possessive and feisty and a wonderful personality also very strong little doggies. They are all unique in their own way. I love my Billy
Billy last Halloween:)

Attached Files

Edited by lily4mcali, 08 October 2009 - 05:57 PM.

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
banana.gif banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif Drum roll please boom, boom, boom (or whatever sound a drum makes) . . . . . . banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif Billy has $365 in donations! banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif Yea!!! banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif

Thank you dear donors, you are helping Billy to get his jaw repaired so he can once again eat normal food and go back to being a happy, bouncy yorkie! You guys are the best!

$1124 - needs for surgery
$ -365 donations received
$759 to go

Pat - IMOM

Edited by Pat - IMOM, 08 October 2009 - 06:45 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Billy is SO CUTE in his Halloween outfit...

IMOM angels...wouldn't it be grand for Billy to be feeling good for this upcoming Halloween so he can dress up again??

You can just see how much he is loved and his Mom is trying...

But, I can't wait for her to check in this afternoon to see that Billy has $365.00 in his funds right now...We are getting closer!!!

Lilia...when you go to the vet on Saturday to get Billy's stitches out let the vet know how much money Billy has in his fund...make sure to keep them posted especially as we get closer to the amount needed...just in case it takes a couple of days to get the surgery scheduled...

We want this little guy to get fixed up and fixed up soon...we are getting closer and that's such a good thing...

Happy Day!!  Judy

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
OMG!!!! Hooray:)

I am so excited, BLESS all of your hearts. I cant find the words to express my gratitude. Thanks to all you Angels for your kind hearts. Imom is the grandest thing that has ever happened to us.

Yes Billy is very loved by all of us, he is the baby of our home. We are getting closer, couldn't have done without all of you guys...I will definiely let the vet know, and I know they are going to be as excited as we are.

Well I hope for the best and for Billy's rapid recovery.

Bless your hearts my beloved Angels<3

Lilia Rodriguez

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Good evening to all,
I hope everyone is enjoying their evening with their loved ones.
Well we are a bit anxious for tomorrow, Billy gets his staples removed. I am a bit scared he might hurt, but I know he will be fine he is a stong little guy. Its funny cause it hurts me more than it hurts him, he is recovering well, but still has to have a second surgery to repair his jaw. Please help us so that he can have his surgery. As soon as he raises his money and we are back on track ( I had to pay $2100.00 for his first surgery) we will be helping all these wonderful pets in need. I am very saddened to know that there are so many pets in need and families like us cannot provide the care they need (financially) thank God for all the Imom angels. I am so blessed to have found you Imom:)

Have a blessed evening
Lilia

motimonkey.gif

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Good morning to all:)

Billy is on his way to the Dogtor to have his stitches removed, I am nervous for him.
I have faith and hope that he will be fine and he will be ready for his next surgery soon and I also have hope that we
will soon have all the monies needed for his jaw surgery.

I have faith in Imom's Angels. I will update everyone as soon we come back from the vet.

See yall soon
catwatching.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Lilia...I am anxious to hear what the vet had to say when he was taking Billy's stitches out.

I hope he is doing really well with his recovery and will be strong enough soon to get his final surgery...

WOW...I saw what you payed so far to have him fixed up this far...GREAT JOB...and with luck, soon we will have the funds in to get him totally repaired...

I know that Yorkies think they are big dogs...I bet he has a really spunky personality...

I'll check back later to see how things went today...Judy

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello Judy,

Well we took him this morning for his appointment, the Dogtor saw him and told us that the Orthopedic was going to be there later this evening and he wanted him to assess Billy, so we left him there and I am waiting on the phone call to go and pick him up. I dont like being away from him so long, but I understand that it is necessary:)

Yes, it was a great amount of money and thank God I had it saved for an emergency...never thought this kind of emergency though. I have  faith that Imom Angels will help us:)

And yes, Yorkies are oblivious to their size, they have big doggy personality, yes he has a spunky personality. When we got to the vet's office there was this big doggy, I dont know what breed, but as soon as Billy saw him he started getting excited. We are all traumatized about what happened to him so I just take him into the restroom until they call us to keep away from other doggies:) I am just so scared.

I will let you know what the Orthopedic tells me, but the vet thinks maybe one more week for the surgery.
So please Angels help us so that he can get his surgery done.

Bless your hearts:)
catwatching.gif

Edited by lily4mcali, 10 October 2009 - 11:05 PM.

AutismAngel

AutismAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 239 posts
I know it's not much... but here is another $10 bucks headed your way...  much love and wigglebutts from Nikita and Family motimonkey.gif
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud Parent of a Child with Autism, Dedicated to
Raising Autism Awareness... Educate & Advocate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance...
and to turn around three times before lying down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Robert Benchley

After scolding one's cat one looks into  its face and
is seized by the ugly suspicion that it understood
every  word. And has filed it for reference...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Charlotte Gray

lily4mcali

lily4mcali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you very much Nikita, from the bottom of my heart ever dollar counts no matter how much it is, its the intention.

Bless your heart magicmoon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users