Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Morgan Patton

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Morgan Patton is a dog who presented with Pyometra.  IMOM donated $737.00 after the owner's initial payment of $100 for surgery.  Morgan is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning.  

Thanks to all who made donations to our General Fund and allowed us to pledge this amount and save Morgan's life.  Morgan has 5 skin kids along with a mom and dad and you can imagine how happy this family is!

Thanks Angels!!!!  You truly do work miracles!
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thank you so very much for your generous donations towards Morgan's surgery. We could not have saved her without all your support. I am so thankful for people like yourselves who are willing to help those with this need. I will update you after her surgery tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well. Morgan thanks you too!

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
We're holding Morgan in our hearts today.   Hoping for a very successful surgery and recovery.  Please do let us know when she is out of the woods.  

albkblink.gif
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan had her surgery this morning and we just got an update from the vet. All went well, however, the infection was so bad that her white blood cell count was high, causing her to be anemic. The doctor has her on an IV tonight. They will try to feed her tomorrow morning and said we could call after 8 a.m. to get an update. We'll let you know tomorrow how Morgan is doing. She was very excited when we got to the vet today. Thanks again for all your support.

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I am sorry I was not able to post any update yesterday, but my computer kept saying "this page can not be displayed" and I could not get on to inform you. I was able to let the committee know what was going on through an e-mail instead. She has improve and the vet was happy with her progess. She is still having some bleeding, but hopefully it will continue to slow down.They said she was very chipper and eat well, and keeping it down. They said last night if all went well through the night, she could come home and coninue her convalesance at home with us. So guess what, she came home!! she seems so much better and was so happy to be home. The vet put her on an antibiotic and pain pills. She has an appointment tomorrow at 5pm to check her temperature and the bleeding. She has to wear that crazy cone collar to keep from her incision and it's a bit awkward for her. So thank you all for giving us our dog back. I just never thought some thing like this would happen. I really thought we would end up having to put her down and I was not looking forward to that. You were my last hope,but I had to try everything I could for her. I am so glad I found out about you and you were able to help and so quickly. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Also, I just want people to really be made aware, if you do not know already,if you have a dog, please be sure to get it spayed unless you are using it to breed. If you don't, when it gets older it can get pyometra and that will be far more costly than spaying and will die without the surgery.   Anyway I'll let you know how her appointment goes tomorrow.

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 366 posts
We are happy to hear Morgan survived surgery and is now home.  Pyometra is so deadly, painful, and preventable.  Thank you for sharing what you've learned.  Spaying isn't cheap, but it is when the alternatives are considered, especially when considering the quality of life for a beloved pet.

We hope Morgan continues to improve each and every day, and goes forward to live a long, long happy life.    

bowwow.gif
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan's bleeding has slowed down alot. Over the weekend she was still passing clots of blood. Today I hardly see much blood, so it may be stopping finally. She only eats her food out of my hand, maybe because it's hard to eat out of her bowl with the cone collar on. She seems to be on the mend. She has an appointment on Sept. 8 to have her stitches removed. I know she can not wait to get that big collar off. What a big adjustment for her! I'm just so glad to see her getting better and so thankful to all of you for making that possible. I'll continue to update her progress.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,687 posts
Robin...thanks for keeping everyone updated on Morgan progress...I am so happy to hear that she is on the mend...

Those collars are awful but they do their job...and yes...eating from your hand is OK right now...it's nice to pamper her just alittle...she's had a rough few days...Judy

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sorry I was unable to get on last night, but I have been fighting a cold that I think I caught due to the lack of sleep while Morgan was sick and during her recovery. I was only getting an average of 4 hours of interrupted sleep each night watching her through the night and I had to be up at 4am each day for work. So I pretty much ran myself down, but it did pay off. I am happy to say Morgan has stopped bleeding and is eating out of her bowl. She is walking around a lot more in the house. She is getting back to her old self. Yea!!

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan is continuing to get better. She is eating, drinking and acting more like herself again. She goes on Tuesday to get the stitches out. Then she'll get that crazy collar off, too. She'll be able to get the itch she has been trying to get. I keep trying to help her with it, but can't quite find the right spot. She is looking good! I still can't believe how it all worked out for her. You all did a great thing! Thank you, much!

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan is still doing well. Two more days until her stitches come out! She is having some mucus-like discharge, but I think thy said that is normal. It isn't alot. They'll check all that on Tuesday, I'm sure. Otherwise all seems to be going fine.

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan is doing well. Twomore days until her stitches come out! she is having some mucus-like discharge, but not alot. I guess they will check it all out on Tuesday. Otherwise, she is coming along well with her recovery.

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sorry for two of the same messages, Somehow I thought it got deleted, so I wrote it again. Then I saw there were two. So just ignore one of them. I didn't know how to take one  of them off. That would be part of my great computer skills!!

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Tomorrow is Morgan's vet appointment. She should be getting her stitches out and lose the cone collar. I know she will be quite happy to get the collar off. She has alot of itches she has been trying to get to and now she'll be able to take care of them. She did throw up today. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. She has thrown up food before. Anyway, I'll check it out with the vet tomorrow. I'll let you know how everything goes.

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I took Morgan for her appointment today. She got her stitches out and collar off. She was so happy to be out of that collar. They say she seems to be heal well. They will see her in 2 weeks if there are no problems in between now and then. Thanks for giving Morgan her life back all of you who donated funds for her. She is a very happy dog!!

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Today, like old times, Morgan jumped up and wapped her front legs around me. That is how she gives a hug. I think she must be feeling pretty good if she was doing that. She has one more day of antibiotics and then she is done with medications. Last night she slept upstairs in our room for the first time since her surgery. She didm' attempt it when she had he collar around her neck. She is doing very well and back to enjoying life!

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan is all done her medicine. She is more herself every day.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,199 posts
I'm very happy to read that Morgan has made a complete recovery.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan is doing well. Thanks for your note Jacki. Sometimes I wonder if I am writing in the right place for others to ge my updates. I know I am not the only person with a pet in need, but I just get concerned as to whether I am doing what I am supposed to do. Now that Morgan is through her ordeal and appears to be doing well I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing. Do I need to give daily updates still even though she is fine now? Am I still waiting for the funds to come in for Morgan's surgery? Is there something I am supposed to be doing something concerning the funds? Could you let me know what I should be doing now?

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Mogan isfine,but I may have to put her cone collar back on because she has been chewing her tail and has made it bleed. It doesn't have anything to do with her surgery. After she got the collar off she started to chew on her tail. It seems to be itching her for some reason. I am going to put some neosporin on it and put the collar on for a couple of days to see if it can heal up. Otherwise she is good.

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Morgan is doing good, but I had to put the collar on her to keep her from scratching her tail.

morgan

morgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I don't know who to contact concerning Morgan's vet bill, but I noticed her name is no longer on the GF list under the weekly fund update. Does that mean the bill has been paid? I know my vet sent their invoice the day Morgan was released, but were not sure you received it. I tried to send a message to Sarah to check on whether it was received, but the message could not be sent. I'm not sure why I could not send it. Anyway, I just wasn't sure why Morgan's name was off the list, because I saw no message anywhere saying the funds were paid. I thought you usually put it under Happy Endings or Funds Raised, but I do not see anything. Would you let me know what is going on with this please. Thank you and thank you for all you have done for our Morgan. I know she would say thank you to. She is so happy to have her life back and so are we. Thank you to all those who donated toward her surgery, bbecause she would not be here without you.

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 366 posts
QUOTE (morgan @ Sep 12 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Morgan is doing well. Thanks for your note Jacki. Sometimes I wonder if I am writing in the right place for others to ge my updates. I know I am not the only person with a pet in need, but I just get concerned as to whether I am doing what I am supposed to do. Now that Morgan is through her ordeal and appears to be doing well I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing. Do I need to give daily updates still even though she is fine now? Am I still waiting for the funds to come in for Morgan's surgery? Is there something I am supposed to be doing something concerning the funds? Could you let me know what I should be doing now?

Robin:  gf@imom.org or treasurer@imom.org can answer the question.  Since Morgan dropped off the list the week of 9-13-09, it suggests that payment was sent to the vet, but the committee are the only ones who can answer for sure.  I received your private email, and tried to respond, but it doesn't look like my response got through.  You might need to check your spam filter on your email.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users