Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Nila Smith - amputation

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Diagnosis:  Amputation and tissue repair

Amount of estimate: $2255

Owner Contribution: $50

We need to raise: $2205

Spayed or neutered: no, will be spayed after healing

Case worker: Pat

Nila is a young dog who slipped out of the door and was hit by a car.  She is in dire need of surgery in order to amputate her leg and repair a gaping wound and treat several hot spots and pavement burns she received when hit by the car.  She is a sweet and well loved dog who's family is unable to afford her surgery. We have a very short amount of time to fundraise for Nila, she is in pain and if surgery is not possible, euthanasia will be necessary.  

Please consider helping this little one with a donation.

If you would like to make a donation please go to the IMOM Donation Page, and mark your gift "Gf - Nila Smith"

Thank you for helping Nila.

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Guys, I know everyone is tight on funds, but this little girl needs surgery today. She is in pain and can't wait.  Please help her. The vet hospital has helped with her pain meds and wrapped her leg in a soft cast kinda covering, they gave her a discount and they are working hard to try to find additional funding for Nila.  The family is doing all they can but her time is running short.

Please, any amount you can contribute will help Nila get to all funds raised. Anythng - a handful of change, a few dollars, whatever you can spare will mean life saving surgery for this precious little dog.

Pat - IMOM

MAH

MAH
  • Members
  • 9 posts
All of us here at McKinney Animal Hospital are praying for little Nila!!! She has been such a sweet dog through all of this and is in desperate need of surgery to fix her leg.  This family has recently moved to the area, struggling to find jobs, and this could not have happened at a worse time.

We ask you kindly...please donate what you can to help us help this baby!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
This baby girl suffering - big time!  Our time for fund raising is very, very short.  If we cannot help her she will die.  Please don't let that happen. magicmoon.gif
IMOM will match all donations made to Nila.

Click here to make your donation.  Designate GF - Nila Smith
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
If you don't have money for a donation, or even if you do, please forward Nila's plea for help to everyone you know.  Post on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, community forums and any other place you can think of.  

We have the power of the Internet at our disposal...please, let's use it.

Click here to make your donations and designate GF - Nila Smith

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Okay guys - Nila really needs our help.  Please take a minute and go through your pockets, search under the sofa cushions, on the floor in the car, that dish in the laundry room and let's see how much change we can come up with. I know it will take a lot of change to help this little one get her surgery but we are the only hope she has.

I'm going hunting for change now & I'll have a chat with the Spoiled Royals to see if anyone has any of their treat allowance left. I'm pretty sure I can talk them into giving up their pup corn to save Nila.

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
I scrounged around and found $3.25 in change in the car, $2.41 in the dish in the laundry room, $1.86 in the sofa, for a total of $7.52 in change.

The Spoiled Royals agreed to donate their $20 for pup corn to Nila's fund and I found $23 I could send from my mad money stash so $50.52 is on the way for Nila.

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
banana.gif banana.gif  banana.gif Woo hoo! banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif Nila has received $850 in donations as of 12:25 EST today! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! This little lady has so many wonderful angels in her corner, you are all terrific! Thank you.[/b]

Edited by Pat - IMOM, 20 August 2009 - 11:31 AM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
WOW!!!  Great Job...IMOM is the BEST!!!

IMOM angels...as you can see...all of the volunteers and Jacki are working HARD to help this little girl...

she has the backing of a great group of people...the vet clinic and her loving family...CAN'T WE HELP?

We have raised $850.00 in a amazingly short amount of time...we need MORE...and don't think that a small amount won't help...it will get Nila the needed surgery that she MUST HAVE NOW!!!

WE CAN DO IT...I KNOW IT...PLEASE...it's already been said we know that times are tough but this little girl is desperate for help...Judy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
QUOTE (Pat - IMOM @ Aug 20 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I scrounged around and found $3.25 in change in the car, $2.41 in the dish in the laundry room, $1.86 in the sofa, for a total of $7.52 in change.

The Spoiled Royals agreed to donate their $20 for pup corn to Nila's fund and I found $23 I could send from my mad money stash so $50.52 is on the way for Nila.

Pat - IMOM

And that's exactly how much she sent catwatching.gif  Thanks to the SP's for giving up their pup corn.  They are very special pp_animal_568.gif

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
$870 received in donations!  Yes! Thank you so much, this little dog is getting closer!

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Everyone has been so generous, and we are getting close - please if you can donate any amount to help Nila, it would be so appreciated.  Can you imagine the pain she is in?

Really, no amount is too small - this little girl needs to go to surgery today - please, whatever you can spare will help her reach all funds raised.  Our ability to help these precious little ones is because all of us combine our resources together to reach a goal. Please donate whatever you can.

Pat - IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Pat...I hope I'm not to late...I will get a donation sent in RIGHT NOW...Are we going to make it??

IMOM ANGELS...PLEASE...lets get this girl her surgery TODAY!!!!  It's got to happen...she is in tremendous pain...PLEASE...There is so much going for her...let's see to it that she makes it back to the family that loves her...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
OK...I just sent in $75.00...if only I had more...

IMOM ANGELS...please join me with a donation...change, dollars, whatever...this little girls life depends on us!!!  Judy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
I'm in for $30, but will have to wait until I've got access to my own computer (tonight) to make it official.    I'm hoping IMOM will spot me for a few hours until I can get home and tap the kitty litter bucket for the change.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
We are very close - I haven't had a fund update in a little while but I'm sure Nila is close to reaching all funds raised.  I'll see what I can find out and be back shortly.

If you have not donated to Nila and have even a few dollars, please consider helping her. The Spoiled Royals love, love, love their Pup Corn and they all willingly (okay Mason argued but he did finally come around) agreed to pass on this month's order so they could help Nila.  

If you are working, could you pack lunch one day next week and donate your lunch money to Nila? Do you stop for a cup of coffee at Starbucks before you go to work? Donating the cost of one cup of coffee could save Nila's life.

Please - if you can help her I know her family would be sooooooo grateful.

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
I know not everyone is able to donate dollars, and if you can't, we really do understand.  If you can't offer financial assistance for this little dog, please hold her in prayer, send her positive thoughts, whatever you are comfortable with.  

I honestly think they know when others are concerned and wishing them well and I think that is equally important to our PINs.

Regardless of whether you are able to send a donation, a prayer, a positive thought or are following her story and wishing her well, thank you for caring about this little one.

Pat - IMOM

MAH

MAH
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Thank you everyone for helping Nila....please continue to pass her story along and help Nila, her family, and us raise the funds for this baby!!!!

Tell all of your friends and family to pass her story along as well....start a prayer and contribution chain.

She needs us!!!

Butch's Mom

Butch's Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have sent in a donation and have sent out a plea to family, friends, colleagues to try to add to the fund in any way that they can.  Keeping good thoughts that Nila will be able to have her surgery as quickly as possible and will be on the road to recovery and back home with her family very, very soon.

Karen and Butch

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
UPATE: I just got an update to Nila's donations - She has received $1005 so far.  We are getting very, very close!

I also spoke to the vet hospital a few minutes ago and Nila is on her way in to the hospital. It has always been a concern that she may have internal injuries in addition to the leg that needs amputated and the tears on her body that need repaired. The safest thing to do is have her at the hospital so surgery can be performed as soon as possible.  One good thing is that although she started drinking water today, she has not eaten so hopefully we will reach all funds raised and she will be able to have surgery in a few hours.

Please, if you are able, could you donate to help Nila get her surgery? Thank you to all of the wonderful donors who have contributed to Nila's surgery, you are so appreciated!

Pat - IMOM pp_animal_568.gif

DoxieMom4

DoxieMom4
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Have just made a donation to help out - hope your little one is out of pain and healthy again quickly! pp_animal_568.gif

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
The Rottendogs just sent in $500.00--their allowance for the rest of the year.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
QUOTE (Rottendogs @ Aug 20 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Rottendogs just sent in $500.00--their allowance for the rest of the year.

Tell them they are good dogs and give them big hugs.
Their aunties will all have to get together and send them a care package catwatching.gif

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif $1,630 banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif

You did it!  With IMOM's match, Nila has the $2205 she needs for surgery! Thank you, thank you, thank you Angels - what a wonderful group.  I'm so excited - thank you!!!!

Pat - IMOM

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Rottendogs - I think you kids should be called the "Good Rotts!", you are terrific!  I know if I tried to thank everyone, I will miss people so I won't.  I do want you all to know that whether you offered financial assistance, prayers, positive thoughts of encouragement, you are all appreciated.

We had bad storms here last night and I had to shut down my computer before I could work with the financial aid committee to complete Nila's application.  I worried about her all night and this morning I had pretty much resigned myself that the best we could offer was to help her to the bridge. The vet hospital was willing to help post for Nila's owner and the financial aid committee said to give her a chance and try fundraising. I wasn't sure we could do it, I hated to give her family false hope, but Nila needed a chance and this group made it happen. It's not supposed to be personal, but sometimes we can't help it, she's a great dog who needed a miracle and you made one happen for her.

Thank you all!

And now I get to do one of my favorite things and move her thread to ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!!

Pat - IMOM

Butch's Mom

Butch's Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
What a fantastic way to end the day!  Now, let's all keep good thoughts for a successful surgery and a quick recovery for Miss Nila!

Karen and Butch

MAH

MAH
  • Members
  • 9 posts
All of us at McKinney Animal Hospital would like to send our gratitude for all of the help Nila has received from IMOM and the caring and generous people that donated.  The family sends their thanks as well and was so greatful for your understanding and diligence in raising the funds for her treatment.

Nila truly pulled at our heart strings and won all of us over.  When she arrived at the clinic today we were all happy to see her.  She was still in good spirits despite the fact that she was in pain and had not eaten since the accident.  Upon her arrival several of the staff members ran up to greet her.  Her tail just started wagging.  A few of us could not resist leaning into her cage and getting some sugar from her.

Again, I want to let IMOM and everyone who donated (thank you Rottendogs) for your donations.  On behalf of Nila's family- Thank you very much!  ....and on behalf of Nila- Woof Woof!! (that means thanks a bunch!!)

Ashley Lauran
CSR- McKinney Animal Hospital

MAH

MAH
  • Members
  • 9 posts
pp_animal_568.gif Ms. Nila is going into surgery this morning!!!!! Yeah!!!  When I walked in this morning, she was looking for attention.  She wanted some sugars and wanted to givee me sugars back!!!   She is so sweet...we have all fell in love!!!!
Please keep the little girl in your prayers...hopefully we will be able to post some pics soon.  We all plan to sign her e-collar before she goes home to her family so she is always reminded how much we love her.
She is going to have to stay overnight in the emergency care facility following her surgery, but I know they will fall in love with her too!  I hope I can visit her tonight after work....Again, keep her in your thoughts and thank you again for all of your support IMOM angels!!!!!

Ashley Lauran

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Thanks to McKinney for working so hard for Nila.  You have most certainly earned the respect of all of us at IMOM magicmoon.gif
I'll be holding this sweet girl in my heart.  I can't wait to get some photos and an update pp_animal_568.gif

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Just checking on Nila, any updates? Did she come through her surgery okay?  How's she doing?

Pat - IMOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users