Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

AJ - My Lion King

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,121 posts
AJ does work in mysterious ways. LOL. So glad Little Buddy has a new forever home (it sounds purrrfect AJ!).

Hugs to everyone!
Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
AJ is so proud of Little Buddy today; as he's on his way to the vet this morning for his big snip.  "Be brave.  You'll be back to chasing the laser light in no time at all".
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

View PostCatPaws, on 18 December 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

I can see AJ shaking his head in disbelief and roaring his reminder that HE is still the king of the pride.

The extended family has welcomed a new member to the pride; and if I wasn't seeing the pictures and hearing the news directly from Little Buddy's dad, I wouldn't believe it.  You see, my brother has never been one to be fond of cats...... but "this one is so smart"....  (I'll agree with that one).

He showed up one morning, a few weeks ago, on the step leading to the screened porch and announced that he was pretty hungry.   Long story short, Little Buddy now has a home to call his own and I am having some real laughs as I listen to my brother trying to convince me that this cat doesn't shed (he's a tabby) and the utter surprise in his voice that this cat likes water (jumped into the shower).   I really think he's happy nobody responded to the "Found Cat" notices... although he'll pretend he's not.     AJ has his number!

LOL ~ Nice job AJ !!!!!  :biggrin:

I'm so glad Little Buddy got such a wonderful fur-ever home !!!! :wub:  Yep, he IS a smart one !!!!   :stripekitty:  :)
And I'm sure he was a very brave boy today !!!!  Sending special *gentle cuddles* :wub:

Dearest Paula ~ I can't begin to thank you enough for all your help, caring, love, and support with the BBB, particularly rwith all that is happening right now !!!!! :wub: :heart: :wub:  Your generosity of heart and spirit means more to the two of us than I can I ever possibly tell you !!!!!  I know you are missing your beloved Lion King during these holidays - but I can see he isn't far from your side !!!! :) :rose:   Always looking out to "help just one more" !!! :wub:

Please know, you, AJ, The Pride, Little Buddy and your family are in my heart,  thoughts and prayers.  And I am wishing for you all a most Special and Happy Christmas with a New Year filled with health, love, happiness, and God's love throughout !!!!!!  :heart:  Please give all The Pride LOTS of cuddles, kisses and scritches from Auntie Donna !!  :wub:  I love you !!!!  Bandit sends LOTS of purrs....Posted Image

With ALL of our LOVE,
NOW, ALWAYS and FOREVER ~
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,121 posts
Merry Christmas Paula, angel AJ, the pride and extended pride (esp little Buddy!)!

You are always there to help hold us up when we need it, and I thank u more then I can ever say.

We hope for only joy and blessings for all of u this year.
I know AJ is with u all-every single day.

Love and hugs.
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,121 posts
Happy New Year, Paula, angel AJ, the pride and extended pride!!!

:wbd3:

Hugs!!
Posted Image

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Dearest Paula ....

How are you ALL doing this January 1st ??  
I found this pic back in 2009, and it it looks so much like Bandit, a special friend fixed it up for special greeting from us.  :wub:

Wishing you, The Pride, Angel AJ, Little Buddy and family a VERY

Posted Image

With ALL of our LOVE,
Donna and 'The Bandit'  :wub:

:heart:  :heart:

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
Mom has been recovering from an allergic reaction to something unknown, but she suspects it was a spider bite.  Prednisone is no fun, but it sure seems to be helping her get back up and running.

AJ's extended pride grew again last week.  This is a first ever for this pride, a completely solid LBK.  His big brother seemed to be favoring his poppa, so his momma was feeling left out. The search was on at the MD rescue organizations to find the one.  So Molly and Jake now have a younger brother, Joey or Mister (chosen name had not been confirmed as of our last chat I had with Molly).

Skeeter- Chief Scribe for AJ's Pride

Edited by CatPaws, 08 January 2012 - 09:51 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
:pp_animal_568:

Hi Paula,

Sorry you're feeling under the weather now too.  Yup, know "the joys" of being on prednisone ...hope you don't have to take it for long and you're better real soon.

Just now catching up with my posting and over the holidays I was sick throughout too.  Didn't stray too far, from the Kleenex, the OJ, and a boring horizontal position ...and now trying to get back on track.  Still enjoying "green acres"
yet don't know if I'll ever adjust to some things.  But am so grateful I found my new apt ...and look foward to getting truly settled in now.

Congrats on the new family member ...hope life's being kind my friend.

:hugs:

Susan. MisChief
  & My FurAngel ZOOM

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,121 posts
Deer Skeeter,

Puleeze tell ur mama that we hopes she feels better soon. We is so sorry she has ta be on that nasty medicine prednisone--it makes boff of us pee all the times day and night when we takes it. The vet doc said we should no takes it anymores. We hopes ur mama no haff to pee all the time wiff it too.

Give ur mama some snuggles from us.

Love,
Tuck and Justice

P.S. sumtimes prednisone makes our mommy grumpy...we shore hopes it doesn't do tat to ur mom...peeing wood be better. hehehe.
Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
Just the kind of day AJ and mom liked best.  A beautiful gentle snow, lots of activity for the pride to watch from their perches at the windows.... and mom doesn't have to drive to work, because it's SATURDAY!    I miss my little lion king.  He loved to roll in the snow and then come inside and be wrapped up in a towel warmed up right out of the dryer.   In my mind's eye, I can see him now.
HELP JUST ONE

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
Aw Paula ...know what you mean ...I bet AJ is still right there with you snuggling indoors after his romp in the snow.

It's kind of a storybook view looking over a pasture as it's snowing ...the sheep have been inside, but not MisChief ..she ran around non-stop in the snow until she had so much of it clinging to her ..the cold finally got to her and she headed straight to the door.  

Hope all's well Paula ...hugs to you and the pride.

Susan, MisChief
  & Angel ZOOM

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
You used to wrap AJ in a dryer-warmed towel?  That sounds so nice and comfy.  :pp_animal_616:

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Dearest Paula .....

I'm sorry I haven't been posting ... seems like we've all been getting our turns at feeling like "you know what" !!!  ;)  Right now my eyes are really swollen .... haven't a clue why.  But our whacky weather isn't helping I'm sure.

First  .....

AJ's extended pride grew again last week. This is a first ever for this pride, a completely solid LBK. His big brother seemed to be favoring his poppa, so his momma was feeling left out. The search was on at the MD rescue organizations to find the one. So Molly and Jake now have a younger brother, Joey or Mister (chosen name had not been confirmed as of our last chat I had with Molly).

CONGRATS on your new LBK !!!!!   :catwatching:   Have you decided on a name ... or rather has Molly ??  Bandit thinks "Mister" is a good one ... however I am sure Molly has chosen by now.   Special HUGS and kisses to the new member .... and to each member of the pride all the way around.  :wub:  

I know your special Lion King is always with you ..... particularly on those special days like your beautiful snow days.  Such a lucky boy to come in the house to get wrapped in a towel fresh out of the dryer by his most special mama !!!!  :heart:

You and Mike have a lot in common.  Bandit used to love to roll around on fresh sheets and blankets that came out of the dryer ... then they broke a few years ago, so that's not the same for him.  He's sending you some special purrs right now.  :)

I'm sending you some very special :hugs:  I am sure the snow looks lovely -- especially if you don't have to drive in it.  Please remember I love you and  stay warm and cuddly.  

Holding you ALL in my heart, thoughts and prayers ~ Sending ALL of our LOVE to ALL of you,
Donna and 'The Bandit'  :wub:

:heart:  :heart:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 24 January 2012 - 02:40 AM.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
:pp_animal_568:

Just checking in and hope you're feeling better ...lotsa hugs to you and the pride.

Susan, MisChief
  & Angel ZOOM

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
Thought of you and AJ as this gentle beautiful snow is falling down on the pastures across the way ...hope all's well with you and the pride my friend.  

Have a great Valentine's Day this week!

Susan, MisChief
  & Angel ZOOM

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Bandit and I would like to wish

you and your precious ones a VERY

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!!!

Posted Image

Give all of The Pride special cuddles from me,
And stay healthy and snuggly - We love you !!!

Sending ALL of our LOVE and GREAT :hugs:

NOW, ALWAYS and FOREVER

:heart: :heart:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 13 May 2012 - 12:08 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
AJ here....  We're going to need a slightly bigger cloud up here.  I said I'd share my lookout spot, but this is one BIG purrball  :wub:

And can you send up some Fancy Feast and chicken too... and some biscuits for the woofs.  

That's better.... remember us that way.
HELP JUST ONE

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
AJ .. all supplies on the way...pls show a little love for "His Mammothness" ...and hug Ms. Zoom too ... she got along so much better with cats than other dogs.  Your Momma wrote a beautiful note to Donna ...Bandit's Mom ...everyone I think here was brought to tears by it. Although, I have been crying all weekend for Donna and Bandit just feeling the human pain she's going thru.

but you guys have fun ...send a hello to your Momma, and make sure Bandit is settled in nicely and he lets his Momma know he's ok and still lovin' her so much.  And tell Ms. Zoom her Momma is still missing her everyday and sends lots of special Zooooooooooom-hugs.

Paula ...your post to Donna was absolutely beautiful.  You are a gifted writer.  Hope all's well with you and the pride...

Susan, MisChief
  & Angel MS. ZOOM

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
"AJ, Junebug here.  Got to ask you a question or two, and know you can hear me...."

"Hey, Junee, yes I can hear you, and I saw you too, trying to chew on the plastic bags again.  Didn't I warn you those would only lead to trouble?"

"Yes, big bruder; and I try not to, but sometimes I just forget.  But my questions today involve coyotes and somethin' mom is calling rubies, or something like that.   She told me I have to go to the doctor this week so I can get a shot to prevent rubies.  But, AJ, I like rubies."

"Junee, it's rabies, not rubies and you definitely don't want rabies.  Nice thing about Rainbow Bridge, there's no such thing as rabies here.  But until you can come here, you have to be careful not to catch the rabies.  But what does that have to do with coyotes?"

"Nuttin' but momma won't let 'Belle venture outside cause there have been some coyotes nearby.  We even heard 'dem howlin' the other night.  Momma says if they are hungry, they will eat us.  I like the coyotes, but not if they are going to eat us.  AJ, are there coyotes there at rainbow bridge?"

"Junee, you will have to wait to learn how magnificent it is here at the bridge.  There are coyotes here, but they are not hungry or hurt.  I have to run along now.  Give momma a hug from me.  And tell Donna the big boy has settled in and still loves his fancy feast."
HELP JUST ONE

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
Poor Junebug,  

I brought her home from having her rabies vaccination and almost immediately she started having a bad reaction.  She is now resting, but was pretty sick for a while tonight.  Luckily there was a late show for an earlier appointment than ours, so they took us in early. We were scheduled to be the last appointment.  Had that happened, it would have been a trip to the ER instead.
HELP JUST ONE

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,121 posts

View PostCatPaws, on 12 March 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Poor Junebug,  

I brought her home from having her rabies vaccination and almost immediately she started having a bad reaction.  She is now resting, but was pretty sick for a while tonight.  Luckily there was a late show for an earlier appointment than ours, so they took us in early. We were scheduled to be the last appointment.  Had that happened, it would have been a trip to the ER instead.

Poor Junebug. Tuck had a recent vaccine reaction-it didn't happen until 6 hours after his vacc-his eyes swelled as well as hives. I just want to warn u that sometimes the hives can come back over the next couple days. I hope they gave prednisone to give for a few days as well as whatever antihistimine for at least 24 hours after the last hives. Tuck needed to stay on pred for 5 days (he would have a couple pop up hives on day 2,3 and 4) and an antihistimine for 6 days.

The boyz have to stay away from coyotes too Junie-we hear them howling.

Hope no more hives pop up!

Hugs!
Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
Her reaction was vomiting.  At first I thought motion sickness from the car ride, and I think the vet did too as he asked my just how fast was I driving.  Then her paws started swelling.

Thanks for the warning about the hives.  Junebug's records now carry the warning to pre-medicate with cortisone/benadryl prior to vaccinating.  Thankfully the rabies vaccine is good for 3 years.

Hugs to the boyz and you too.  Hope the vertigo stays out of your life for a while.
HELP JUST ONE

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
HAPPY ST. PAT'S TO YOU AND THE PRIDE!

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
Decided the errands could wait, and spent the afternoon working in AJ's garden with Skeeter supervising.  The pride and I are going to miss our neighbor.  After 12 years of being neighbors he is moving to a new home.  It was nice to have his input about the garden.  He always helped to make it beautiful each year.
HELP JUST ONE

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
Paula,

Was so tired last nite ...posted response to you on Zoom's Thread ...don't know how to transfer it to you.  

Hope you are well.

Susan, MisChief
& Angel ZOOM

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,121 posts

View Postzoom mom, on 29 April 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Paula,

Was so tired last nite ...posted response to you on Zoom's Thread ...don't know how to transfer it to you.  

Hope you are well.

Susan, MisChief
& Angel ZOOM

Susan, Here's the post u did on Zoom's thread for paula:

So funny ....been thinking of you and thinking I just have to post. Do you watch "Dancing with the Stars"? ...This last week, they had "Motown Music" as their theme ....remembered your response to my singing the Supreme's "Baby Love" to MisChief (which by the way has become her theme song) ...she gets all excited everytime I sing it to her....it's so funny. She'll come running even if she's in another room and I use that to call her.....lol!!!

Hope garden goes well ...... needed the heat on here last two nights and will continue this week ...think tonite I may finally christen my fireplace as been having difficulty getting heat to work again!

Hope all's well my friend ....and life's being kind.

Susan, MisChief
& Angel ZOOM
Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
AJ, please come linger and comfort our Skeeter.  Let her know we are going to beat whatever is making her so sick.
HELP JUST ONE

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
what is the matter with skeeter....are you okay too????/hope so!

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
My dearest Paula ...

I hope you can forgive me for not posting ... your post from Bandit ... well, it still makes me cry -- I can never begin to tell you how much your posts mean to me.  Thank you for being his voice - I miss him more than I can ever begin to say... You have a most beautiful talent that completely touches my soul.  And I want you to know - I love you SO !!!!!

Please know you, AJ and all of the Pride are forever and always in my thoughts, prayers and heart. :heart:

Bandit, Baby ~ go with AJ and help Ms. Skeeter fight off whatever is making her sick.  Help to comfort her, the Pride and their very special mama.   :wub:

I'm praying extra hard for Skeeter and sending LOTS of healing thoughts and MUCH MUCH LOVE !!!!!

Posted Image

Sending you extra special ((((((HUGS)))))) and
ALL of our LOVE,

NOW,

Posted Image

Donna and 'The Big Beautiful Angel, Bandit'

:rose:    :pawprint:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 09 June 2012 - 01:46 AM.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
Paula,

What's wrong with skeeter ?... just saw your post.  Hoping things are getting better ....always check in on ya even if I'm not always posting.  

Will be keeping you and the pride in my prayers .... let us know how things are.   Sending great big hugs to all.

Susan, MisChief
& My FurAngel ZOOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users