Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Charlie Brun - all funds have been donated

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,564 posts
Diagnosis: Larynx paralysis; needs laryngeal tieback

Amount of estimate: $1500

Owner Contribution: $250

We need to raise: $1250

Spayed or neutered: yes

Case worker: Tracy

Charlie is a 10-year-old Giant Schnauzer with larynx paralysis. He needs a laryngeal tieback as soon as possible. The vet says that Charlie can die any day without treatment. His owners have fallen on hard times financially and need our help to make surgery happen for Charlie.

Donations can be made at the IMOM donation page.
Please indicate any donations to Charlie with "GF - Charlie Brun"

Thank you so much for considering helping Charlie.

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,030 posts
I know mom or dad haven't posted yet...but this is very serious.
Please angels, can u help Charlie??
Thanks so much!!
Posted Image

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, we are the Brun Family and we need your help for our dog named Charlie.  He is a wonderful Giant Schnauzer in a lot of trouble.  As Tracy stated he has larynx paralysis and without the surgery he will die.  He has been a part of our family since he was 2 years old.  If we had the funds the surgery would have already been done.  The vet won't do a payment plan.  I begged.  

Charlie was a very active dog who loved to play and run.   As you can see from his picture he is big, not overweight just tall.  He has a great personality and is so smart.  We are not ready to live without him.  The doctor said except for this he is very healthy.

Please help.  All Charlie can do until his surgery is walk a few step outside to use the bathroom and come in and lay down.  If he pants to much he can suffocate.  We need your help

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.JPG   168.19K   10 downloads

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
How soon can Charlie get in for surgery once we have the funds?
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
Charlie has $141 in donations.  We want to thank all of you have donated to help this sweet boy get the life saving surgery he needs.

Here's the problem...Charlie could die at any time.  IMOM is his last chance.  We cannot let him down.

Time and money are the only things standing in Charlie's way.  I know we can do this.  I also know that times are hard right now but any amount you can give will help Charlie.

Charlie still needs $1109.  IMOM will match every donation made to Charlie until we get all the funds needed.

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Jackie

Charlie was scheduled for Monday at 9:AM.  I had to cancel that appointment because we didn't have the money.  The vet said they will fit him in as soon as we are ready.  So to answer you question, immediately.  He just doesn't have time to wait.  He just started choking this morning when he eats.  I just don't know what to do.  I feel so bad that I can't help him.  I hate that we didn't buy health insurance for him.  

Bethann

Guest_Jennifer.S IMOM_*

Guest_Jennifer.S IMOM_*
  • Guests
Oh, please Angels!  Charlie really needs our help as soon as possible!  And now there is a match going on...our dollars get doubled!  I love it!  The weekend is upon us and it would be great to get Charlie in for surgery later today or tomorrow....I know we can do this!  I can scrape up $20....anyone care to join me?!

Please help this big handsome boy!

Jennifer
pp_animal_568.gif

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Wow, Thank you!  Charlie is a very lucky dog to have people willing to help him in this time of need.  He is doing okay this morning.  He just started choking from his breakfast.  I am going to see how that plays out.  I might start cooking him soft food if this continues.  Charlie is such a great friend to our 3 year old son.  He is always making sure where Matthew is and what he is doing.  We rescued Charlie from a couple that couldn't control him.  They were nice people but the didn't realize that Charlie felt safe and secure when you were safe and secure.  That he want to be love and touched.  When I look back to that time I laugh and cry.  He was such a handful.  His 1st family was going to have him put down.  They were at the end with him.  The woman made a last attempt.  We were it.  Marc and I were just married no kids an were willing to put in the time.  Boy did it pay off.  He is the best dog.  He is our best friend.  We love him so much.  
Please HELP!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,896 posts
Bethann, you are doing a GREAT JOB with updating, posting and getting information to IMOM as quickly as you can...

Communication is a must and it's so important, especially in Charlie's case as things have to happen right away...

IMOM angels...there is a matching challenge going on...IMOM is matching every dollar that comes in...can't we help?  This is a real emergency.

Bethann...do you have time to try to apply to United Animal Nation?  With any luck they may have funds available...

uan.org

I see that alot of people are reading about Charlie...folks, even if you don't have funds to donate PLEASE PASS ON CHARLIE'S STORY TO FRIENDS AND ASK THEM TO PASS IT ON TO THEIR FRIENDS...he needs our help...Judy

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Jennifer Thank you so much!  We feel so grateful.  
Bethann
QUOTE (Jennifer.S IMOM @ Jul 10 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, please Angels! Charlie really needs our help as soon as possible! And now there is a match going on...our dollars get doubled! I love it! The weekend is upon us and it would be great to get Charlie in for surgery later today or tomorrow....I know we can do this! I can scrape up $20....anyone care to join me?!

Please help this big handsome boy!

Jennifer
pp_animal_568.gif

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I will Apply right now and let you know!
QUOTE (Judy @ Jul 10 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bethann, you are doing a GREAT JOB with updating, posting and getting information to IMOM as quickly as you can...

Communication is a must and it's so important, especially in Charlie's case as things have to happen right away...

IMOM angels...there is a matching challenge going on...IMOM is matching every dollar that comes in...can't we help? This is a real emergency.

Bethann...do you have time to try to apply to United Animal Nation? With any luck they may have funds available...

uan.org

I see that alot of people are reading about Charlie...folks, even if you don't have funds to donate PLEASE PASS ON CHARLIE'S STORY TO FRIENDS AND ASK THEM TO PASS IT ON TO THEIR FRIENDS...he needs our help...Judy

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi everyone

I just tried to apply for a grant from United Animal Nation and unfortunately the grants are closed until July 2009.  Boo.  Please keep helping Charlie need this surgery now and IMOM is matching dollar for dollar.

Bethann

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
IMOM Angels.  I know money is tight for all of us right now.  But this is just so scary.  Please do what you can to help - every little bit counts and is DOUBLED because IMOM will match your very generous donation.  Let's rally for Charlie and show him what IMOM angels are made of! Thanks to everyone who has already made a dontation.  You ROCK
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello again

I just took this picture of Charlie.  Photos don't lie.  Please help!  He need you!

Bethann

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,896 posts
OH MY GOSH!!!  Look at his little mouth...

IMOM...I know that you have been talking about twitter...Is Charlie up there so people can read his story...

I don't know a thing about twittering but I do know that it helped in another case...

WE NEED TO GET HELP RIGHT AWAY...

Bethann...keep up the good work...I wish I could give you some more organizations to apply to but right now my mind is blank...

perhaps a quick Internet search for a giant schnauzer group...they may have a forum where you can tell Charlie's tale and they can cross post it to their members...worth a try...Judy

kszul

kszul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
pp_animal_568.gif i want to donate but i do not have pay pal. i tried the other way but it will not let me do it. how can i make a donation?

katrina

kszul

kszul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
pp_animal_568.gif bethann

i know charlie will get his surgery. imom is great. my duke needed emergency surgery, he got it. don't worry, the money will be raised.

katrina

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Can anyone help Katrina, so that she can make a donation.  I am learning this on the fly and I don't know how to.  I have already call the Giant Schnauzer rescues in the area.  They gave me IMOM info.  You guys are GREAT!

kszul

kszul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
pp_animal_568.gif bethann

make some donation boxes for different buisnesses in your area. make sure you put imom and what they are about on it, along with a picture of charlie and his story.  you will be surprised on the response. i was.  there are alot of great people out there. give it a try.

also make sure you post alot. they say only once a day but more the better. let everyone know throughout the day what charlie is doing, and how he is doing, and how you want to spend the rest of his life with him.

i will get a donation out today. if my card won't work i will use my friends card.

also do not get frustrated over the weekend, the weekend is slow.
if you need to talk, i will check in later when i get home. i know what you are going through, i have been there. you can check out dukes thread on all funds raised.

god bless you and charlie.

katrina

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks Katrina knowing that you are out there makes me feel better.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
Charlie has another $120, with IMOM matching that's $240.  This bring Charlie's total raised up to $381.  

We need another $869 to get Charlie to All Funds Raised.  If we can get donations for $434.50 we will be there.  Please do this for Charlie.  Don't let him suffer.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
Judy - yes, we have Charlie on both Facebook and Twitter.  These are really tough times.  

In our entire 11 years donations have never been so low.  I can't even begin to tell you how bad it is. catwatching.gif

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
QUOTE (Bethann @ Jul 10 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jackie

Charlie was scheduled for Monday at 9:AM.  I had to cancel that appointment because we didn't have the money.  The vet said they will fit him in as soon as we are ready.  So to answer you question, immediately.  He just doesn't have time to wait.  He just started choking this morning when he eats.  I just don't know what to do.  I feel so bad that I can't help him.  I hate that we didn't buy health insurance for him.  

Bethann

Does this include week-ends?  How long does he need to go without food and water prior to surgery?

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,896 posts
Jacki, all I can say is BLESS YOU for still being able to hang in there and help with what you can..I know that you would fix every body if you could...and it hurts you and the volunteers not to be able to do everything you want to do...BUT you are strong and will do what you have to do to help those you can...

I for one and so proud to be a part of IMOM...I try to help in any way I can...

I wish I understood facebook and twitter better but unfortunately it's too sophiscated for me...but, hey, it's out there to help and I know it has...

Charlie is in good hands...plus, his Mom is doing a GREAT JOB with posting...it's a win, win situation...Judy

Bethann

Bethann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Jacki as soon as I hear back from the vet I will let you know.  I just let them a message.
Thanks for you help!
QUOTE (Jacki IMOM @ Jul 10 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does this include week-ends? How long does he need to go without food and water prior to surgery?

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Angels, Charlie really needs our help. This is so serious. If you are able to make a donation of any size, it will truly make a difference. To donate, go to http://www.imom.org/donation. Mark your donations "GF - Charlie Brun."

Remember that your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar by IMOM! That means that a $10 donation will equal $20 for Charlie. A $50 donation will equal $100!

karen c

karen c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I can make a small donation and I will "tweet" about this on Twitter.  Prayers and hugs to Charlie and his people!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,896 posts
Karen, THANK YOU!!!

Charlie needs all the help he can get...there are alot of angels out there...Judy

Your donation will be doubled...nothing is too small...it all adds up!!!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE (karen c @ Jul 10 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can make a small donation and I will "tweet" about this on Twitter.  Prayers and hugs to Charlie and his people!

Thank you so much, Karen! I know that your donation means so much to Charlie and his mom, and thank you for helping to spread the word about Charlie to your Twitter followers.

Anyone who would like to follow IMOM on Twitter, and receive updates about our pets in need, can click here:

http://www.twitter.com/IMOM_org

karen c

karen c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I did a Follow Friday tweet for IMOM and a RT (re-tweet) of the Charlie update and link.  Keep tweeting updates and I'll keep retweeting them.  I'm going to go do the same on my cats' twitter account now.  The animal tweeters are going to have a "pawpawty" and will be doing a lot of tweeting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users