Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Lola Jones, a puppy with a broken hip needs surgery

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Diagnosis: fractured femoral neck
Estimated total needed: $1568, IMOM pledge $300, pledges from other organizations $250, Owner $200
Amount to raise: $818
Spayed/neutered: no, and cannot be done until after surgery is performed
Volunteer case worker: Cindy Wilson

Lola's is a 5 months old pit bull puppy who was recently adopted.  They suspect she was abused in her prior home as she was very timid and walked with a limp which became worse over time.  Last week she was diagnosed with a hip fracture requiring surgical treatment.  Although she is still in good spirits she is in a lot of pain and the vet indicated she should be euthanized if surgery is not possible.  Her family loves her very much but cannot afford the treatment she needs.  Can you help Lola?  Her prognosis is excellent if the repair can occur before the break begins to heal incorrectly.  She is tentatively scheduled for surgery next Sunday, only 4 days away, because the doctor is not available until then but it can only happen if funds can be raised.  

If you can help, please click here Help Lola! and designate your donation "GF - Lola Jones".  Please also consider a token donation to our Operating Fund so we can cover our administrative expenses.

This injury is so fixable - please help us help Lola be a firsky puppy once again.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Meet Lola!!  Isn't she adorable??

Lola has $168 already but we have a ways to go...please help if you can.

Attached Files

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
And one more.....

Her mom did try to post in Introductions but she's having problems.  We're working on it!

Attached Files

Cindy/IMOM

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,178 posts
Lola's mom did post this in Introductions-

hello all, thank you for your interest in lola, she is a 5 mo. old pit bull puppy that we just got out of an abusive home. we noticed she had something wrong with her so i took her to the vet and they informed me that she has a broken hip. with out surgery this is life threatening for her. we are currently trying to raise money for her surgery. if you can help please contact imom as soon as possible, we only have until sunday to come up with enough money to save her life. thank you again for your interest, from our family, and most of all from lola, thank you.

Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
I see that Lola's Mom has gotten some funding from outside sources...just in case she's hasn't tried these yet, perhaps they can also help.

Pit bull Rescue Central - PBRC may have some funding available

also

United Animal Nation - UAN.org

It sure is worth a try...

IMOM angels, look at that little girl's face...she started her life being abused...she is in a loving home and she needs our HELP...

Let's see what we can do to get her fixed and happy and healthy again.  Judy

Lola's Mom...I know the forum is confusing...but you'll get the hang of it and when you do it will be a breeze...the best thing you can do is post, post and then post some more...Good Luck!  Judy

DoxieMom4

DoxieMom4
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Lola has one of the sweetest faces I've seen!  Here's $25 to help her be a happy, healthy puppy once again! pp_animal_568.gif

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thank you sooooo much, every little bit helps. we are so looking forward to a speedy recovery for our little girl.  we havn't even been on a walk with her yet, but with a little more help that will soon be posible.   thank you again,   amy

Edited by pigzinzen, 13 May 2009 - 07:55 PM.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
<---drum roll--->

Lola has $468 in donations!!!  She's over half way there!  A few more donations may be all she needs to assure she can have her surgery on Sunday.  Come on, angels, we can do this!  All donations make a difference, so please, if you have anything to spare in the change jar or the couch, or in those bottle or cans you've been meaning to turn in, please help us help Lola.  She's just a puppy.   minichien2.gif

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Oh what a sweetheart !! I can't donate to Lola because by own pet is a PIN here at IMOM, but I hope the angels will be able to help her quickly.... she's got an adorable face...
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thank you again everyone for your help so far, the push is really on now. we only have a few more days. my daughter has been saying her prayers every night for people to join in to save her new puppy. im happy to tell her that there are good people out ther who care and are helping to make her prayers come true. there really are angels among us, and i thank each and every one of you who show an interest in our little angel.  thanks again, and god bless each and every on of you.   the jones'

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have just heard back from my vets office, lola has a tentative appointment for surgery on sunday at 8:30 am. we can only take her to this appointment if we raise enough money, please help of you can, she's in alot of pain, and deserves another chance. she is one of the sweetest dogs ive ever layed eyes on and despite her injury wags her tail constantly, as if to say im a good girl please help me. again please if you can, help me help her, any donation is greatly appreciated, and if we dont raise the funds we will have to put her to sleep. i cant let this poor girl suffer any longer. thank you again.   amy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
IMOM angels...read the last two posts from Lola's family...

We have a little girl, praying for her puppy to get well again...

and

We have a little pup, who had been abused...wagging her little tail as if to say, "I am a good girl"...help me...

Can you see it?  Let's make this happen...we are getting close...the vet is set for surgery...all we need is some more money to make this little girl well again...Please, Judy

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
still trying all avenues to get additional funds for lola but am not having any luck. angels for animals does not answer their phone, and does not have a way to apply online. the pit bull rescue site ive been trying has an online application but you have to have a special program to run and be able to print their app, and they have no phone #. anyone out there who may have additional aves. please write me here. we have donations from united animal, and actors and others, any others, let me know. im working diligently to save her.    thanks

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Is the pit bull rescue you're working with

pit bull rescue central?

If so...see if you can send them an email...tell them you can't print out their application form...

If it isn't pit bull rescue central

or PBRC

send them an email...they also help if they have funding...tell them you are working with IMOM, they are familiar and have helped IMOM PINs before...

I'll check back later...Judy

I just did an search for pit bull rescue central

it comes up:  PBRC dot something...you'll find it...when you get to their home page there are some threads on the left hand side...find the Miscelanneous one and Financial Aid is the first item...click on that and see what it says...there is also a contact box right on the top of the home page...email them right away and try to fill out their application...

I know this is stressful...but you're doing a GREAT JOB...you hang in there and be strong...Lola needs you...we are here when you are down, stressed or better yet having a good day...

Edited by Judy, 14 May 2009 - 03:33 PM.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Amy,

It's not a special application, it's just a web page.  Click this link and see if you can get to the application.  You don't print it out, you complete it online like you did for IMOM:
PBRC Financial Aid Application   Do this RIGHT AWAY as they have a 3 day processing period and Lola doesn't have 3 days.

Hope this helps.

Cindy
Cindy/IMOM

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
it was pbrc, and thank you for your words of encouragement, i am very stressed out and think i just needed to take a break for a few minutes, when i went back, i found an additional link you have to click on in order to view the app. for anyone else encountering this problem, you have to click on spay neuter, vet/ clinic, or dog owner, to access the app. i was flying past that and going straight to the contact info web address at the bottom, it won't let you do it that way. anyway i pray that there is still enough time for them to be able to help its now only 2 days away. thank you again.         amy

kittygirl

kittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Have any more donations come in or is she still at $468?  Lots of kitty prayers that the money can be raised very soon.

Kittygirl

just_tracy

just_tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
dog2.gif  Requesting permission to use Lola's pic to cross post for donation...

Just let me know and I'll take off running!!

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
got it...thank you soooo much.

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
yes you may use her pictures,anyone who is willing to help is a godsend at this point. do you know how to get the pics off this page? im still trying to figure it out. if you need me to i can e-mail them direct, just give me your e-mail address or you can call me 909-233-8773. thanks again.    amy

just_tracy

just_tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (pigzinzen @ May 14 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes you may use her pictures,anyone who is willing to help is a godsend at this point. do you know how to get the pics off this page? im still trying to figure it out. if you need me to i can e-mail them direct, just give me your e-mail address or you can call me 909-233-8773. thanks again. amy

Not a problem, Amy.  It's all done.  She's crossposted and hopefully it'll be generating some funds very, very soon... and my contribution just got confirmed, so.... one step closer to a Happily Ever After for sweet little Lola and her family.  YAY! pp_animal_568.gif

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
and my contribution just got confirmed, so....

Contribution?  Did somebody say contribution?  Let me check the night deposit slot.....

WOOHOO!! Not only one but TWO donations!!! YEAH!!

OK now we're at $543!!  THANK YOU ANGELS!!

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i know you all can't see me right now but i am crying tears of joy, i am so thankfull, it means so much to me and my family to help lola and be able to give her a good home. im overwhelmed by the power of imom and so very greatfull at the same time.    thank you everyone...

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
My dear and special friend Tracy C in TN has cross-posted Lola on Facebook, and I thought her words were so true:

Lola found a loving FOREVER family of her own... but her past wasn't ready to let her go that quickly...

How sad that Lola's past followed her to her new life.  We can fix her and erase that memory forever but only if we raise the funds.  We are SO CLOSE.  If you thought your donation wouldn't make a dent, think again - we're denting the heck out of this goal, a few dollars at a time.  Click here to save Lola!

Thank you Tracy and everyone who has donated and supported Lola.

Cindy (I SEE you on here, girlfriend!  SMOOCH!)
Cindy/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
How exciting to see that Lola make it to Facebook...GREAT IDEA!!!

Thanks Tracy C...

As you said, this little girl had a terrible start to life and followed her to her FOREVER HOME...

We can fix this...and we are doing so well with funding...let's wrap this up!!!  

Take a look at that little face...it says it all...Judy

pigzinzen

pigzinzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thank you tracy that was an excellent idea. i appreciate everyons efforts to help save our little girl. i got a reply from pbrc last night so hopefully we will get approval today. ill keep you all informed. thanks again.

DoxieMom4

DoxieMom4
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I can't stand it - I'm short this month, but here's another contribution of $100.  C'mon, all - here's one we can truly help to have many, many years ahead! She's just a puppy and no little girl should lose her dog this way, ever.

just_tracy

just_tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Anybody have a new grand total????   pp_animal_151.gif  

*ugh!  I can't stand waiting!*

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
QUOTE (just_tracy @ May 15 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody have a new grand total????   pp_animal_151.gif  

*ugh!  I can't stand waiting!*

Of course, my impatient friend!  <--drum roll--->

Lola has $763 dedicated donations + $300 pledge = $1,063  She just needs $55 more!! She's almost to All Funds Raised!! (AFR).

I'm getting the dancing bananas warmed up....they are ready to start the AFR dance.  Can anyone help with that???  Here's a preview... banana.gif

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

SUZYQ

SUZYQ
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (pigzinzen @ May 14 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes you may use her pictures,anyone who is willing to help is a godsend at this point. do you know how to get the pics off this page? im still trying to figure it out. if you need me to i can e-mail them direct, just give me your e-mail address or you can call me 909-233-8773. thanks again. amy

I have just donated $100 to help your little girl...I know there are a lot of good people who will help make this happen.
Suzanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users