Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

In labor and can't deliver!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kimberley

Kimberley
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone, I'm on my knees and totally desperate!!!! I've been awake all night with my 4 year old schnauzer mix "baby dog" Teako. She's been in labor since early yesterday morning and began having hard contractions(2nd stage) around 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Here's the problem...NO PUPPIES!! Around 8 or 9pm I started to worry that something was wrong, so... I began researching online. EVERYTHING said if no pups showed after NO MORE than 2 hrs ~ Head to the vet IMMEDIATELY! Well my fiance was laid off from work a coupla weeks ago and we're barely surviving on unemployment and Assistance while he continues to look for work. So naturally we can in no way afford a vet bill consisting of major surgery costs! I quickly started calling around the local vets to see about a payment plan, but it was after hrs and I didn't have ANY luck. One referred me to care-credit but unfortunately was not approved. Finally I dug out my 2 phonebooks for the greater  Valley and surrounding areas and have since been up ALL night calling vet after vet after vet. I either get no answer or the person says they don't have the authority to make any payment arrangements OR, when I was able to actually speak with a live vet, they said they "were having a lot of similar problems with their own clients and could not help." All I keep getting are referrals to care-credit and AU Vet Clinic (which I already tried).  I'm waiting on my regular vet office to open, but I'm not feeling very hopefull after all the "no's" I've been hearing all night. Meanwhile my poor Teako is STILL having very hard and painfull contractions complete with moans and yips of pain EVERY 2-5 MINUTES!! I love my little baby VERY much and I can hardly bear it!! If I can't find anyone willing to help me this morning I'm afraid I'll lose her. No... I know I will. Please!! Somebody help her!! Here are a couple of pics.

Attached File  old_stuff_026.JPG   505.28K   1 downloads
Attached File  old_stuff_056.JPG   339.07K   1 downloads

Hello, I just got a return call from one of the clinics I called last night, Auburn University Small Animal Hospital, and the lady said her super wasn't in yet, but to go ahead and bring her in since the situation was so very critical. She said we'd discuss monetary arrangements after they see Teako. I'm SOOOOO relieved to hear that!! I mentioned this site and asked if she had heard of you, but she said No. We'll see what happens next. Please keep my lil baby girl in your thoughts

Edited by Kimberley, 31 March 2009 - 08:08 AM.

Kimberley

Kimberley
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (Kimberley @ Mar 31 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone, I'm on my knees and totally desperate!!!! I've been awake all night with my 4 year old schnauzer mix "baby dog" Teako. She's been in labor since early yesterday morning and began having hard contractions(2nd stage) around 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Here's the problem...NO PUPPIES!! Around 8 or 9pm I started to worry that something was wrong, so... I began researching online. EVERYTHING said if no pups showed after NO MORE than 2 hrs ~ Head to the vet IMMEDIATELY! Well my fiance was laid off from work a coupla weeks ago and we're barely surviving on unemployment and Assistance while he continues to look for work. So naturally we can in no way afford a vet bill consisting of major surgery costs! I quickly started calling around the local vets to see about a payment plan, but it was after hrs and I didn't have ANY luck. One referred me to care-credit but unfortunately was not approved. Finally I dug out my 2 phonebooks for the greater  Valley and surrounding areas and have since been up ALL night calling vet after vet after vet. I either get no answer or the person says they don't have the authority to make any payment arrangements OR, when I was able to actually speak with a live vet, they said they "were having a lot of similar problems with their own clients and could not help." All I keep getting are referrals to care-credit and AU Vet Clinic (which I already tried).  I'm waiting on my regular vet office to open, but I'm not feeling very hopefull after all the "no's" I've been hearing all night. Meanwhile my poor Teako is STILL having very hard and painfull contractions complete with moans and yips of pain EVERY 2-5 MINUTES!! I love my little baby VERY much and I can hardly bear it!! If I can't find anyone willing to help me this morning I'm afraid I'll lose her. No... I know I will. Please!! Somebody help her!! Here are a couple of pics.

Attached File  old_stuff_026.JPG   505.28K   1 downloads
Attached File  old_stuff_056.JPG   339.07K   1 downloads

AutismAngel

AutismAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 239 posts
Don't lose hope..   I know how much stress you must be under... your pup can sense that, stay as calm as you can, for her sake... (and yours) I know, believe me, that's easier said than done..  and probably feels impossible...  I'm a momma of a pet in need as well, so I know your worries and fears... you and your baby girl are in my thoughts and prayers...

Shawn
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud Parent of a Child with Autism, Dedicated to
Raising Autism Awareness... Educate & Advocate

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance...
and to turn around three times before lying down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Robert Benchley

After scolding one's cat one looks into  its face and
is seized by the ugly suspicion that it understood
every  word. And has filed it for reference...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Charlotte Gray

Kimberley

Kimberley
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Well me and Teako again. Thankfully I did finally manage to find someone willing to  see her yesterday morning. We got a call back from one vet who told us to bring her on in right away, but they were almost an hour and a half away, so I decided to try (just one more time) to get in touch with a local. And strangely enough - I got the green light from one within just 5 miles of us!!! Funny thing is though, I don't think it was the veterinarian himself that agreed to see Teak without payment up front. I think it was his receptionist! lol. At any rate he did perform an emergency c-section without which she would probably not be here this morning. So I feel as though they were BOTH saviors for me and my baby dog. Unfortunately the Doc was NOT happy bout the financial situation and seemed highly skeptical bout the likelihood of us paying the bill in full. He REALLY didn't want to agree to a payment plan and is instead holding a copy of our bank account number in lieu of our making financial arrangements for the total of the bill. To add to all this, There were complications (naturally) and I have to take Teako back to see him this morning as he fears some highly unusual issue with her incision, uterus and both the dead little pups may be cause for serious concern for her. Something to do with discolored tissues along the incision and signs of DECAY on her uterus and the pups!!!! OMG!!! He quoted that he'd never seen anything like it before. So we're still tip-toeing through the woods, but Teako is eating and taking water, she's wags at me and will walk out with me if I beg a little! lol. I'm gonna do my   *!* very best to stay positive and watch for danger. Now if I could just win the lottery we might all get through{~} this!!! Well I gotta go get everyone ready for our morning vet visit I'll update when I return. And thank you for the support and prayers AutismAngel, it nice to know that there really are people that actually care what happens to out four legged family members. I'm wishing you the best and adding you to my prayer list today.  catinmoon.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,698 posts
Did the vet also remove her uterus?

Seeing is there was serious complications I think it's best if Teako didn't become pregnant again...

I am so glad that she had the emergency C section...

Also glad there was a compassionate vet to help you out...I have to think that a clinic can have people that make promises to pay and never do. I know that my vet used to take payments but I don't think he does anymore.  

I hope you will post again so we know that all is well...Judy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,202 posts
I hope Teako makes it through all of this.  Please,  have all of your pets spayed and neutered so you can spare them all of this pain and suffering.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

AutismAngel

AutismAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 239 posts
I'm glad you found the help you needed... thanks to the receptionist... sounds like she took a "boss can get mad at me for this later" stance...  her first concern was your pup...  I would definitely make arrangements to have her spayed while she's there...  I'm surprised he didn't do it already with the complications you described...  I hope all goes well... thanks for adding us in your prayers! ~smile

Blessings,
Shawn
Posted Image
Proud Parent of a Child with Autism, Dedicated to
Raising Autism Awareness... Educate & Advocate

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance...
and to turn around three times before lying down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Robert Benchley

After scolding one's cat one looks into  its face and
is seized by the ugly suspicion that it understood
every  word. And has filed it for reference...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Charlotte Gray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users