Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

George Vestal

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Hi

Send me your pharmacy information and I will pay for his prescription over the phone. I have a target card if that makes any difference...they should do it but ask first.

Send the information to:

loveferals@yahoo.com  

Put IMOM in the title so I don't miss it. ..or just send me a pm

Kathy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika...I am so happy that you were able to find George's medicine for $4.00 at Walmart...you know, that's why we are here...to help...know that you can always ask and we will try our best to see if we can help...

You take such good care of George...be proud...some people would just give up...you don't...George has a great Momma...Judy

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
HI Ericka,

I got both your messages. I got home late last night. Some out of towners moved into the dinky apartment on the alley where some of my cats eat and immediately started trouble. Wait until they what kind of neighborhood they moved into...night falls and the drug deals, etc start...I hope they move out soon. Anyway, trying to get the kitties fed with a minimum of problems.

Got home and another crisis with a friend's cat.

I am happy you got it from Walmart for $4.00.. Here in Florida they put out $10 coupon for new prescriptions. Maybe there is more competition.

I will try to check with you later on

Kathy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
YAY Erika...you are such a good Mom to George...

I am so glad you were able to find his medicine...and for a GOOD PRICE...

Keep up the good work...we like it so when the people keep us posted on how their pets are doing and you've been so good about that...THANKS, Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika...THANKS for the great update...it's funny how pet Moms always worry about poop issues...I had to smile at what you wrote...

It is a good thing when George has a good poop...that's what we all want!!  Judy

Angella Chavez n Sherbert

Angella Chavez n Sherbert

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 205 posts
Glad to hear George is doing well. keep up the great Momma work and give George a pat for me. I am glad you found good supports here with Judy and all the IMOM family.
Have a great weekend
Angella and Sherbert

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika...sending you Happy Birthday wishes... :bdayrose: Enjoy the day with your kitties...hoping this is the best birthday ever...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika is having trouble getting to a computer but managed to send me an email with an update about George...here is what she wrote...let's all send positive thoughts that things get better for George quickly...

"On the 17th sun i had a family emergency to the hospis an was gone for 2 days that left me not only stuck at the hospis but knowone reliable to give george his meds till i got back home. Upon my return i realised george was having difficulty pooping. I finely were able to get him into the Dr.today and will have to bring him back again tomorrow for an emana. George was seen by Dr. Dekert   Paws has called in $85+$30 today and $49+30 on the previous week for the visit toget his Xam+food wit only $200 in there budget i hope there is nomore cost they will reqire"

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for today for George.  Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I received this email from Erika and she asked me to post as she doesn't have a computer at home right now and is trying to use her phone which is giving her trouble also...

But, the good news is!!!!!  George pooped...IMOM angels, please continue praying that George can work this problem out himself so his Momma doesn't have to stress and worry...

Here's what Erika wrote...

"When i got back home from the library george let out several nice size poops! Then again after 9:30pm. i will Be keepin a close eye on him over the next few days an if he is still letting them out by thurs then he wont have to return to the vet. There were atleast three big marbal size ones sofar+normal size ones. I take it to be good news. This was the same result when he was ok befor after an emana:) i will again keep you updated on his progress! Can U please also post this to my imom page! I willnot have access to a computer tomarrow to post the good news on george:) thank you again!"

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Here's some good news from Erika...let's hope George keep things up!!!

"I got more miralax for him. It will help him.he poopted out a bit more this morning . He still has more to go! Hes just resting right now. It was a long night for him. The amount of poop let out appears to be the blockage nolonger! They didnt do a good job on cleaningup his backside at the vet so i will be cleaning his backside today myself:) i will update again Soon! thank you for the offered help. I will let you know if anything comesup. Just giving him wet food an miralax and the lactolose right now.a good amount is left still. Not mixing wit dry yet untill he is back to normal! Hes still letting out soft poop right now an thats a good sign:) if its no trouble can you also post this message for me until i can get to a computer to post on imom myself. I will beable to get to the library on friday. Thank you again for all the support:)"

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Lactulose is dose to effect so too much will give the opposite of what  you are trying to handle (as you found out)...Did you ever think you would get so excited about George's bathroom habits?   You know you're in love with your kitty when you get excited about poops

Kathy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Erika,

If you have a family emergency like that again, and you can't take George with you, please post and let us know.  I would be willing to pay to board him at your vet's so he can get his meds, and I bet a couple other people would pitch in too.  George seems to be doing really well as long as he gets his meds, and we'd hate to see him have a setback again because you had to go away unexpectedly.  

Hugs to your boy!   :kittydrinking:

Edited by Kim, 02 August 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Erika,

I wanted to say ....

Posted Image

Sorry I am late. :blush:  I knew it was in the summer - I just got a tad confused with all this hot, humid weather we've been having !!!!! :P

So glad that Georgge is doing better.  Yep, you "know" how much you love your kitty when you get so excited over their 'poop habits'.

I have issues with my kitty - but the opposite now.  Giving him stuff so he won't have diarrhea with his meds, as he has become sensitive to nearly everything.  It's difficult I know.

Give the kitties cuddles for me; and I'm sending you :hugs: and love, not just for your Birthday, but EVERY day !!!!!!   God bless you all.

Sending ALL of ou LOVE,
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

FBOOKN2011

FBOOKN2011

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 210 posts
THANK YOU! LUV THE PIC OF THE KITTY! HE IS SO FUNNY LOOKN! I MUST LOG OFF NOW BUT I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON!!!

View PostBandit, on 03 August 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

Erika,

I wanted to say ....

Posted Image

Sorry I am late. :blush:  I knew it was in the summer - I just got a tad confused with all this hot, humid weather we've been having !!!!! :P

So glad that Georgge is doing better.  Yep, you "know" how much you love your kitty when you get so excited over their 'poop habits'.

I have issues with my kitty - but the opposite now.  Giving him stuff so he won't have diarrhea with his meds, as he has become sensitive to nearly everything.  It's difficult I know.

Give the kitties cuddles for me; and I'm sending you :hugs: and love, not just for your Birthday, but EVERY day !!!!!!   God bless you all.

Sending ALL of ou LOVE,
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
YAY George...keep up the good poops so your Mom stays happy...she worries about you so...YAY Erica...you're such a good Mom to Geroge...THANKS for always keeping us posted and especially with good news...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Do you have a K Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid or Costco near you?  Costco has the cheapest meds around AND you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy...you just tell them you are going to get a prescription.

Also, you can check online pet supply companies that provide prescription drugs...I don't know how that works but either you or they will get the prescription and then you're all set...

Also...check with Canadian Pharmacies...If George uses a human drug perhap they can help out...

You are such a good Mom to George...Merry Christmas to you and yours...so glad to see you back on the forum...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika...the news that George is doing GREAT and that the medicine is back to the price it belongs is the best news I can see for the beginning of 2012...

Here is a beautiful sentiment to bring in 2012...

Edited by Judy, 01 January 2012 - 12:34 PM.

FBOOKN2011

FBOOKN2011

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 210 posts
THANK YOU 4THA VIDEO! I LUV IT! HAV A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

View PostJudy, on 01 January 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Erika...the news that George is doing GREAT and that the medicine is back to the price it belongs is the best news I can see for the beginning of 2012...

Here is a beautiful sentiment to bring in 2012...

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I was reading about George and had to laugh about the poop thing!  Yes, we pet parents talk about poop and pee and whatever else we need to!   I'm glad he's doing better.  One of my cats tends to be pretty constipated - and won't touch pumpkin - so I may need to check on Miralax.  

For more poop discussion.... check today's Parvo Pups update.... :))

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I am always so happy to check in with you and George...You are such a GOOD Momma to him...be proud.....

AND, YAY RAH to the good poops.....we love to hear that.....

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Have you tried just cutting off the points on the nails so they don't dig in ?

DO a search on  froogle to get cheaper prices

Kathy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika, sending you George and everyone wishes for a Happy Holiday Season and a Happy and HEALTHY New Year...Judy

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Erika, I'm always happy to read that George is doing well. Please give him some kisses from me!

Guest_denise trainee_*

Guest_denise trainee_*
  • Guests
gotta love the poop.  as a horse owner, poop is very important and I love to see lots of healthy piles, lol.  so happy that George is doing good.  just an fyi- if anyone has a harris teeter grocery store near them check with them if you need antibiotics for your pets.  a lot of antibiotics are free for 2 weeks there.  I was able to get the Keflex for Kashmir during my whole ordeal for 4 months and never paid a dime

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I just got an IMOM message from Erika and George and the other kitty are having a terrible time with fleas...she has bombed her apartment many times and bathed the kitties also and they are still having problems...

Anyone have any ideas for her?  I told her to get a small black fine tooth comb and start combing the kitties and that will help remove the flea dirt and the fleas and then drop them in rubbing alcohol to kill them...

are there any natural type remedies that anyone knows?  Erika is a GREAT MOMMA to her kitties so she will be sure to follow any advice that anyone has for her.

I also told her NO HARTZ PRODUCTS AS THEY ARE SO DANGEROUS TO THE KITTIES.....

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Erika is having trouble posting and asked me to put this up on George's thread for her...

CAN SOMEONE POST THIS MESSAGE FOR ME BECAUSE IM NOT SURE WHY MY ACCONT SAYS NO POST! MABY IM IN THA WRONG PLACE ON THE SITE? GEORGE HAS HAD A SWOLLEN RIGHT SIDE LOWER ISHUE RECENTLY THAT I AM TRYING TO GET TREATED FOR HIM AN ANTIBIOTICS HAS BEN RECOMENDED AS A POSIBLE TREATMENT! I LOVE A CARE FOR GEORGE WITH ALL MY HEART LIKE MY CHILD AN WHEN HE GETS SICK AN HAS ISHUES THAT I CANNOT AFORD I FEEL HELPLESS AT TIMES AN TRY EVERY POSIBLE STEP TO GET OUTSIDE HELP FOR HIM! WITHOUT ORGANIZATIONS LIKE IMOM PAWS AN MANY OUTHERS I FEEL I WOULD HAV LOST HIM A LONG TIME AGO!

Kris IMOM

Kris IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • 158 posts
George's mom wanted to provide everyone an update.

HOPE IM POSTING ONTHA RIGHT LINK! HAZ BEN A WHILE BUT JUST WANT EVERYONE 2KNOW GEORGE IS DOING GREAT DESPITE IF THIS HOT A MISSERABLE WETHER! HE IS STAYING EXTRA HYDRATED AN COOL AS POSSIBLE AN I THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THA PAST GIFTS AN SUPORT FOR GEORGE AN PRECIOUS DURING THA TUFF THA DIFICULT TIMES AN THEY ARE ALIVE AN WELL 2DAY BECAUSE OF THA LUV AN SUPORT GIVEN BY EVERYONE! I PLAN TO UPDATE AS OFFTEN AS I CAN ITS BEN TOUGH SINCE I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY LAPTOP BUT IM WORKING... IF POSIBLE CAN YOU POST THIS ON MY PAGE BECUSE IM NOT SURE IF IM POSTION ON THA RIGHT PLACE OR SEND THA CORRECT LINK TO MY EMAIL! MY PROFILE ALLWAYS SAYS NOT CURRNT POST AVAILIBLE!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Kris, I was just coming over to post for Erika...thank you...George is a special boy...and so is his Momma...she cares for her kitties...

FBOOKN2011

FBOOKN2011

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 210 posts
IT HAZ BEN A WHILE BUT JUST WANT EVERYONE 2KNOW GEORGE IS DOING GREAT DESPITE IF THIS HOT A MISSERABLE WETHER! HE IS STAYING EXTRA HYDRATED AN COOL AS POSSIBLE AN I THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THA PAST GIFTS AN SUPORT FOR GEORGE AN PRECIOUS DURING THA TUFF THA DIFICULT TIMES AN THEY ARE ALIVE AN WELL 2DAY BECAUSE OF THA LUV AN SUPORT GIVEN BY EVERYONE! I PLAN TO UPDATE AS OFFTEN AS I CAN ITS BEN TOUGH SINCE I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY LAPTOP BUT IM WORKING EVERYONE HAV A GREAT WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY!...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users