Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

• Please log in to reply
5767 replies to this topic

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
I'm glad your doing better, hope the spinning stops, I can't imagine how that feels. I'm sure the boys are being on their best behavior while Mom is unwell.

Hugs to you and the boys
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Poor Cindy, I have bouts with vertigo and I do know how she feels...no one can imagine what it's like...you are totally unable to do anything...what I have to do is sleep...and I am lucky...usually when that happens when I wake up I'm much better...I am guessing that Cindy on the other hand isn't...

I can't believe she is able to post a thing...I can barely walk.....

Cindy, sending you positive thoughts that the vertigo gives you a break, STARTING NOW.....Hugs, Judy

Maxwell Junior

Maxwell Junior

MAXWELL JUNIOR

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
I have a Polynesian dancing friend that gets it lots and I can tell you,,,,,,,
,,, It is a horrible deal to land,,,,,,,

The spinning and other symptoms that go with it are really horrible.

I wish I lived near by to go and help u with those boyz.

You are one of the strongest gals I have ever ran across so I know u will pull through.

We love u all, and will continue sending good energy ur way !!!!

(I am enclosing this for those that r not familiar with Vertigo)

http://www.emedicine.../article_em.htm

(Depending on whom u r this song may give u Vertigo)

And 4 all that enjoy "good ole flicks"       ;

http://www.bing.com/...tail&FORM=VIRE3

MAX AND I LOVE AND THANK ALL OUR DONORS;

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The boyz are doing OK. Justice is still upset with Mandy's screeching. I had her almost stopped, then I got sick and she is back to lots of screeching. Justie did get a break yesterday and today becuz Carol stayed in from the barn, so Mandy hasn't been crated. Thankfully the vet told Carol today some things to do to get her more used to the crate-hopefully she listens to her.

Hi Deb, thanks so much! The boyz were good according to others. They didn't come in my room much except at night. They wanted to be nursemaids but I couldn't handle them bouncing the bed. They are happy today.
hugs

Hi Judy, I am better, no spinning, but feel like I can barely function-the bathroom seems a mile away. I have been in bed since Wednesday and have lost 5lbs, but the absolute worse was yesterday. It will sound strange but I was in some ways very happy I got so bad with the vertigo yesterday becuz it signals that the autoimmune inner ear disease flare will be over soon-and it ended at 5:30PM yesterday. The not knowing how long I will lose independence when the flare starts with severe tinnitis/deafness and off on on vertigo can last days or weeks-this time it was 5 days-so I was lucky. Once the severe constant vertigo starts and I sleep (like u, that's what really helps) abt 12 hours then the tinnitis (ringing in the ears) lessens dramatically and the vertigo stops and it's over. I never know for awhile how much permanent hearing loss I will have, but the disease is what has caused me to wear hearing aids.

Since we have a different cause of our vertigo, I don't know if u are the same-but if lack of sleep and stress go on for weeks and finally things calm down-BAM! it hits me. I'm glad it waits till I am not in the middle of major stress, but geesh I wish it would just stay away!!

Hope u have been enjoying the warm temps. I never even knew there were such warm temps happening-we could have had a blizzard and I wouldn't have known.

Oh, when I am in the midst of vertigo I can't type--I tried it awhile back and my post was gibberish-LOL. But from Wed-Sat I had waves of it, and tried posting when it wasn't at it worse. Needless to say I didn't post for a few days. I def set up in the bathroom cuz I couldn't even crawl there on Sunday.

Let's hope both of us stay vertigo free FOREVER!
Hugs!!

I need to look back to see how many days the boyz are at. Be back with trains.

Thanks so much angels.

Edited by k9sign, 12 March 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Awww Bibi, how sweet!! Thanks so very much!!

Big hugs!!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Tuck is at TWELVE DAY'S!!!

===T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream2: :turtle2:   ===

Justice is at EIGHT DAY'S!!!

=======J :icecream5: :icecream3: :turtle2:  ========

Thanks so much angels. And thanks again Bibi--u make me smile!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
We are all so heartbroken-one of Carol and David's horses, Desperado (Desi) suddenly died. He was fine this AM, and just hours later was gone. The vet had said a few times that his life expectancy would be shortened due to having pretty bad asthma for several years, but we never expected it to happen now when he was doing pretty well. I learned to ride on Desi, but we all had to stop riding him a few years ago when his breathing got bad-but he was still a very important part in our lives.
Carol and David lost Abbie in January and now Desi. It's just beyond words...

Justice had some partials this AM (not related to Desi). Tuck is at 13 days. :pp_animal_568:
I hope Tuck can stay on the train...

Thanks so much angels.
Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
Cindy,  I hope Tuck can stay on that train too.  

This has been an unbelievable year for you and your homies, and the IMOM family in general.  Please give Carol an extra hug from me, and one for David too.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
I was posting to Donna and thought I would pop by.  Cindy, you are a beautiful person too.  I am wishing all good things for you.

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Hi Cindy,
    I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well.  Amazing how we manage to get through every animal crisis no matter how bad and once things settle and the worst has passed, then and only then do we crash!  I hope you are feeling much better and able to enjoy some of the nice weather with the boys.
    I am also so sorry to hear about Desi!  This has been such a hard time for Carol & David and I am sure that everyone's nerves are just about frayed.  Please pass along my condolences on there loss of Desi.  
    I am glad to hear that the boys are doing well.  Tell Justice he has got to get right back on that train.....they were having quite a run there for a while!  
    I look forward to happy news tomorrow!

Chris   :minichien6:

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
Oh no Cindy, I'm so sorry about Desi. Poor David and Carol, my thoughts are with them  :heart:

I'm so glad you are feeling better,  and I hope Justice hops back on the train and Tuckie stays on it. Too bad everyone else couldn't have kept up what you had been doing with Mandy and kept her from screeching :(

This year has been horrible so far for us too. One of my friends has throat cancer, the good news is an ear infection may have caught it early enough that it hasn't spread to her lymph nodes. Its smaller than pea sized and this afternoon they are going in and removing it and lazering it shut. She may have to have a couple rounds of radiation at most, but we won't know that until all the tests come back. Then last weekend 3 people drowned in an accident. I knew one of them. We are all reeling from this because even the police cannot figure out how the truck got over a huge pile of rocks to land upside down in a pond. It never should have been able to happen and yet it did. We may never know what actually happened.

I got Jake a squeaky toy and he loves it, more than me lol. Which is good, he's spending more time outside with it (much to Riley's dislike, since he loves to lounge outside) and not following me around. I also think the melatonin is helping too so will continue to use that and encourage him to play outside without me standing there watching.

Here is a little bit of video I took of him.

The weather is beautiful here. today will be the coldest at 55-60 degrees. They are calling for almost 80 next week. Spring has sprung I think :)

Hugs to you and the boys

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
It's 73 degrees here and a gorgeous sunny day. The puppers are all enjoying being outside as much as possible.

Everyone is outside now, but Tuck is on my bed. He isn't acting quite right today. Carol said he has been a little aggressive and I noticed he is a bit off balance. He was coughing last night, so it may be that his blood oxygen level is low today, or he may be going to have seizure activity. So far no seizures for 2 weeks.

Justice is hanging in there. I took him out today with me when I went on some errands where he could go in with me- so he got a break from Mandy for a couple hours. I took him to McDonalds too (thank u Susan!) and we shared some yogurt.  
I think everyone starting today is working to make the crate a more friendly place to Mandy- treats and feedings are happening in the crate, and today Carol and Nancy will start doing clicker training with a "crate game" when I can't do it. It will take a lot more time then if this had been done from the first day that she came here-but better late then never.

Thanks so much Paula. Hugs will be delivered and I know very much appreciated. I hope things at ur job have calmed down and u aren't working so hard! How is Junebug doing?
Hugs.

Awww, Mike, thanks so much. I feel the same abt u!
Hugs.

Hi Chris, I know everyone will appreciate ur condolences-thank you.  It's so sad not seeing Desi out in the pasture. He was only 13yo-so very young for a horse to go to Rainbow Bridge.

How are the kids doing? Hopefully no seizures for Amor and no eating of toys for Zombie!

hugs.

Hi Deb, I'm so sorry abt ur friends. Life really can change in just an instant. I hope the friend with the throat cancer will be OK-it sounds promising since it was caught early.

It's been in the 70's yesterday and today. Tmw comes the dreaded thunderstorms-Justice is having a hard time catching a break.

The video is cute. Is that a ring toy that squeaks? I hate that Tuck needs to wear a basket muzzle now outside due to the rock eating, so he can't play with his toys outside. Like Jake, Tuck loves things that make noise.

hugs!

Tuck is at FOURTEEN DAY'S!!!

====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream4: :turtle3:    ====

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J :1icecream: :turtle:  =============

Thanks so much angels!!

Edited by k9sign, 14 March 2012 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Cindy, I just checked in and couldn't believe what I was reading...doesn't it seem as if it's never ending??  

Please, give Carol and David our condolences...I know that everyone is feeling just awful over Desi's leaving so early...

I know the view from your window is so beautiful...but you will always remember him out in the pasture...

On the bright side, I can't imagine how warm it is at your house if it's 70 degrees here today...next week is going to be warmer yet...amazing...

We do have to appreciate what we can, don't we.....hugs to all of you...and our sympathies to the whole family...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The boyz are exhausted, as am I. We had severe thunderstorms during the night. Tuck was acting scary last night abt 10PM and I called Niki to make sure I didn't need to do anything else for him--it was like he was hallucinating that an animal or something was crossing the floor-he would suddenly jump up and look like he would if he was stalking something and pounce-trust me there was nothing there-plus he wouldn't respond to me. He did it several times. I treated him with Lorazapam under the tongue and he did calm down and finally go to sleep. So I didn't get to sleep until abt 12:30AM. Then at exactly 3AM I was woken by a bang-it was Justice banging my door becuz he wanted out -there was a storm. Neither of us got back to bed until 7:30AM-well except at one point I slipped back into bed and the clock read 6AM...but at 6:08AM Justice woke again...so we got 8 minutes sleep from 3AM-7:30AM. <sigh>

Both boyz had seizure activity during the time we were awake. Very sad, becuz Tuck was doing so well.
I was pleasantly surprised that the night before that Tuck didn't break through due to the high emotions of Desi's sudden death--so maybe it was just delayed. I kind of hope that's what it was since he hasn't behaved this way before, and maybe he won't again.

Hi Judy, I don't know if u got the storms hanging over u for 4 1/2 hours-but I kept watching the radar on the news after 4:30AM and it just sat on top of us. They would say Mansfield was clearing, but as u know we are SE of Mansfield and that storm liked hanging on top of us. Hope ur kids weren't scared too.

I have pics of u and Kay with Desi-he is also the one that would bow and he showed off for u guys. It was heartbreaking and shocking.

It's 67 degrees at the moment, but will be in the 70's later. At this point we don't want the sun since it will make the atmosphere more unstable and cause storms to pop up again later today.

Everyone says thank u for the thoughts.

Big hugs!

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Cindy, I am so sorry (and shocked) to hear about Desi.  It's so hard to deal with the loss of our loved ones, and to have two of them so close together is so not fair.   He was a good horse and he was so very loved. :animcndc_sm:

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
:pp_animal_568:

Hi Cindy,

Am exhausted just from reading about your nite last nite!!  Hope things go better tonite.

Soooooooooooo sorry about the news of Desi ...it is such a heartbreak to lose any of our fur family, but 2 in such a short time ..pls let them know am sending them hugs.  Perhaps some "flowered" tea might help?

Glad Justice had his treat with you at McDonald's ...I think Tuck should get next dibs on the yogurt.  What would we do without drive-thru's when we're exhausted and need a little pick me up??!!  I feel the same way about the Dollar Store...lol!!!  Will have to do until that lottery ticket comes in!

Repairs from the leak "disaster" in my place has been a nightmare ...5 weeks so far with things piled everywhere.  Will post more on Zoom's thread.  I am exhausted from it ...but still glad I moved and lovin' the "Green Acres" life ..and still trying to find my way around.

Hope you're feeling better ....every time there's a beautiful full moon, I think of you and the boys....and send up some extra prayers.   With lots of hugs and bellyrubs to the boys.

Susan, MisChief
& FurAngel ZOOM

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
I hope the storms are all gone and you all can get some rest. I couldn't believe how much trouble with storms you are having with the boys. I hope things calm down and soon.

We just got some thunder in the distance this morning and then some down pours late in the morning but its stopped. A bit cloudy though.

Yes that is a squeaky ring and Jake loves it. He's still trying to figure out how to get the squeaker out, and its so funny to watch him. He has to play with it outside, because of Riley. Riley could care less about toys unless they squeak or Jake has it and it squeaks. He's very protective of it also so I know if Riley went near it there would be a fight. And I don't want to take that chance. Luckily the weather is getting better and now that we've had the time change he can be outside playing with it longer. I caught him trying to bury it the first day he had it. He couldn't leave it for long though, it doesn't squeak unless he chews on it.

My friend came thru her surgery ok. I stopped and saw her last night. She has a feeding tube and can't talk at all. The cancer was bigger than they thought it was but they got all of it. her 2-3 day stay has been extended to 5-7 days though. She's a trooper and tough so she'll come out of this just fine.

Funerals for 2 of those killed were yesterday and tomorrow is the last one. It was a fluke accident and no one can figure out how his truck got over the big rocks around the pond. It should have been impossible.

My Mom is doing good too. She's getting tired though, but I think that is because her immune system is still supressed. I think she thought that when treatment was over she'd be back to normal. She's got another month or so on the prednisone, but is not having any more ulcer problems.

Wishing you all a very Happy St. Patricks Day and a nice restful and relaxing weekend.
:hugs:

Posted ImagePosted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Tuck had an odd seizure last night. He did something similar a few months ago. He just lay there staring and unresponsive for several minutes. I was so scared when I first found him like that becuz he looked like he was gone. I don't think I took a breath until I saw him breathing. Today he seems  OK.

Justice has had a good day. Carol and David took Mandy to the barn with them this AM and put her in a crate out there with them. So no screeching at all today. Thank heavens. Justice needed a break becuz tonight and through Monday there is a chance of storms every single day.

Both boyz had seizure activity last night. Hopefully they will be back on track tmw.

Hi Kay, Desi was indeed a good horse, and I am very glad u and Judy met him. Gosh when u come here there will be 2 horses u haven't met (only Tecumseh AKA Poppy is still with us that u both have met), and 2 kitties u haven't met, and Mandy. Hopefully u guys get to come and meet the new crew and say "cheerio" to everyone u have met!! We miss u!!
hugs

Hi Susan, well I am glad everything that has happened with the move and since hasn't soured u on ur living arrangements and the country life!

I hope u and MisChief can enjoy the Springtime both inside and out!!

We all appreciate the condolences. Not that Mandy is taking the place of Abbie or Desi-it sure makes everyone smile having a rambunctious, sweet puppy who loves to cuddle and give kisses in the house (well except for the screeching. lol).

Hugs!

Hi Deb, glad ur friend made it OK during surgery. It's even better that it was caught becuz of an earache since it was larger then anticipated. She'll be even stronger with friends surrounding her.

It's just so odd abt the tragic accident where so many were lost. Just so sad.

It's great ur mom is handling the prednisone now. Hopefully with time she will get stronger and stronger.

The storms will haunt Justice over the next several days. Both boyz are supposed to have their HW test done tmw at a local vet, but if it's storming I will leave Justice home and let one of the docs do it at MedVet on Monday when he sees the neuro and cardio.

hugs!!

thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The boyz have been outside as much as possible today. It's 75 degrees right now--normal would be 46 degrees.
They had their heartworm tests done today and since they were thankfully negative they started on HW preventative today. We already have mosquito's -it will be quite a bad pollen and bug /insect season since we had such a warm winter.

We may have some storms later. rats.

Tuck is at ONE DAY!!!

=============T :1icecream: :turtle:  =============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J :1icecream: :turtle:  =============

Thanks so very much angels!!
Posted Image

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
HAPPY ST. PAT'S TO ALL!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The boyz are hanging in there. It is thundering again in the distance, so can't stay on long. I am just hoping the storms are over by morning and wait to start again until Justice and I are back home from his neuro and cardio appt tmw--or better yet just not happen at all.

Thanks Susan, I am also part Irish. Hope u had a great St Pat's Day!
Hugs

Tuck and Justice are at TWO DAY'S!!! :pp_animal_568: :magicmoon:  

Thanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

Maxwell Junior

Maxwell Junior

MAXWELL JUNIOR

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted Image

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK WITH THOSE BOYZ

THANK U 4 UR COMFORTING MESSAGES TO US !!!!

SOOO GLAD UR NO LONGER SPINNING !!!!!!  

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The dang storms have been freaking out both boyz. Thank goodness Justie and I made it home before they started up again. Thundering, so can't stay but wanted to let everyone know the neuro and cardio were both pleased with how well Justice's exams went today.

Thanks Bibi-love that song!!

Tuck and Justice are at THREE DAY'S!!! :pp_animal_568: :magicmoon:  

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
I hope the boys get up to 50 days!

Hugs from Mike, cute angel Guy and Birthday Girl Lola (now 20!)

Edited by Mike (Guy's person), 21 March 2012 - 04:10 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
wish it could be a longer update, but the vertigo began again yesterday. For the moment I have stopped spinning, but can tell it's not fully over yet. So very quickly- Tuck is doing well and is at 4 days. Little Justice hada CP a short while ago. He is sleeping now.

happy 20th BD sweet Lola. Thanks for visiting Mike-we miss u.

Thanks so very much angels.
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
boyz ok. sory short update-still vertigo.
thannks angels
Posted Image

Maxwell Junior

Maxwell Junior

MAXWELL JUNIOR

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

WHAT ?????????????????? ; THE V IS BACK, OF GOOD GRIEF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CHECK THIS OUT;;;;;;;I KNOW MIKE IS GONNA GET ONE;;;

http://www.wag.com/c...ing-deck-274357;;;;

HOPE U KILL THE V SOON...,,,,,  

THANK U 4 TAKING SUCH GREAT CARE OF THEM BOYZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WE LUV YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

Edited by swirlie, 24 March 2012 - 12:59 PM.

Maxwell Junior

Maxwell Junior

MAXWELL JUNIOR

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

GEES;;; :-(((

I AM WORRIED ABOUT U, HOPE ALL IS GETTING BETTER Posted Image

Posted Image DID U GUYS HERE, POCKET IS IN DIRE STRAIGHTS, LET IT KNOWN ANGELS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted ImagePockets Castello, a beagle with chronic renal failure

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
boyz ok. Still sick and having vertigo. wish I could keep up on threads, but just cant post anywhere elsee now. my thougts are with all.

thanks angels.
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
I was so hoping to see that things were better. Thinking of you and the boys, hope you are on the downside of the vertigo.

Hugs to you and the boys  :wub: :wub:

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users