Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

• Please log in to reply
5771 replies to this topic

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
Update 11/14/13:
Wow, IMOM angels work fast! The boys are once again  Fully Sponsored!!!

:happydance: THANK YOU to our generous supporters! You are the reason we continue to be able to help these precious kids get the medication and care they need. We appreciate you all so very much. :magicmoon:

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM
Update 11/7/13:
One of the boys' angels unfortunately needs to discontinue sponsoring them. As of next month, Tucker and Justice will need an additional $50 a month (total) to be fully sponsored.

If you can help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org as the address. In all cases, please specify GF - Van Allen Boys

One-time donations are welcome, as well as monthly sponsorships in any amount. Thank you to all our supporters who have helped us help the Van Allen Kids throughout the years.
Update 6/11/13:
Hi IMOM angels: Tucker needs an endoscopy and biopsies to determine what is causing his current illness. Without diagnosis and treatment, the vet says, it will be virtually impossible to control his epilepsy. The vet who will be performing the procedures is away until next week, but we are told that they should be able to get Tuckie in quickly once the vet - and funds - are available. Fundraising details:

Treatment required: upper/lower GI endoscopy, anesthesia and pre-op bloodwork, overnight hospitalization, biopsies, and related charges.
Low end of estimate: $2160
Less applicant contribution: $400 (applicant's personal funds and pet insurance)
Other available funds: $422 (additional funds available in the boys' account from one-time donations, after placing their recent prescription order)
Needed for low end of estimate: $1338
4% for IMOM operating expenses: $54
Fundraising goal: $1392

Tucker is at All Fund Raised!!
Donations No Longer Needed.

To make a one-time donation towards Tucker's surgery, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org as the address. In all cases, be sure to designate "Tucker Van Allen".

Thank you so much, angels, for considering helping Tucker!

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM

Update 2/17/13:
The boys are now fully sponsored!!! :happydance: :banana:
Thank you to all the generous angels who made this possible!

Update 1/14/13:
The boys have some additional monthly sponsorship donations! :claphands: The boys now need just $75 more per month to be fully sponsored. Thank you angels!

Update 1/11/13:
More bad news - the boys' medications that we pay for - Keppra and Felbatol - have both increased in price as of the first of the year. In total, they went up $92 since the last time I ordered. So unfortunately, the boys now need $244 additional per month to be fully sponsored. One-time and sponsorship donations are always appreciated, no matter what the amount, and will go a long way toward helping us keep the boys happy and healthy.

Update 1/6/13:
Unfortunately, the boys have lost $150 in monthly sponsorship money. They now need $152 to be fully sponsored. If you can, please consider sponsoring the boys for any part of this amount. One time donations are also welcome, as always, and would be much appreciated.

If you would like to sign up to sponsor Tucker and/or Justice, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org as the address. In all cases, please specify GF - Van Allen Boys

Thank you so much to all the angels who sponsor the boyz, or have sponsored them in the past. You are the reason we have been able to help these precious kids with their medical needs for as long as we have. Thank you for considering helping Justice and Tucker!

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM

Update 10/28/12:
The boys are now FULLY SPONSORED!! :banana: Thank you so much to the generous angels who made this possible! :)

Update 10/12/12:

Tucker and Justice have lost some sponsorship donations over the past few months.  After reviewing their needs and their current sponsorships, the committee has seen that the boyz are $50 short of meeting their monthly needs. Therefore, we are seeking $50 more in monthly sponsorships for them.

If you would like to sign up to sponsor Tucker and/or Justice, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org as the address. In all cases, please specify GF - Van Allen Boys

Thank you all so much! IMOM's angels are the reason we have been able to continue helping Tucker and Justice.

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM

***8/8/12: Unfortunately, Tucker needs to have gallbladder surgery. We have until Tuesday, August 14, to raise the funds. However, the sooner Tuckie can get in, the better. We are attempting to raise $2600, the low end of the estimate ($2500) + 4% operating expenses ($100).

To make a one-time donation towards Tucker's surgery, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org as the address. In all cases, be sure to designate "Tucker Van Allen".

Thank you so much, angels, for considering helping Tucker!

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM

As of 2/8/2012

Unfortunately, both medications the boys are on - Keppra and Felbatol - have recently increased in price - Keppra by $58 per month for each boy, and Felbatol by $10. Therefore, we need to increase our target sponsorship amounts for the kidz:

Combined, the boys need a total of $1150 each month. They are currently sponsored in full

Of course, any amount you can sponsor Justice for is always very much appreciated, as are any one-time donations. You can make donations at http://www.imom.org/donation/index.htm. Please specify GF - Van Allen Boys.

Thanks, Angels, for any assistance you can give for Tucker and Justice!

***edited by Jacki***

Edited by Tracy IMOM, 15 November 2013 - 12:29 AM.
sponsorship update

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Just checking on the boys -- part 8, and that's just on this version of the forum -- I don't think they could have any idea how many people across the continents care about these little puppers smile.gif I'm pleased to see them both on the train, and hope that the Cootductor is feeling better and punching their tickets tonight -- and that their Mom gets the jet engine noise out of her life and just gets to hear that wonderful train whistle for the boys!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
I'm also checking in to see what is going on...WOW...I can't believe how many pages are dedicated to you and the boys!!  Isn't that grand...

I'm trying to catch up with things and I hate posting when I'm in a rush...wish one of these days I could just settle down and relax and catch up on everything that is happening...

I bet that spring is getting to your house...I know it's beautiful down there now...I see a few sprouts trying to make it up but being near the lake will keep spring away for at least another week or two...

Is the change in the season affecting your ears?  I hope that you and the boys can have a couple of good days to relax and enjoy...Hugs, Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuckie is at SIX DAY'S!!!

============T icecream5.gif 1icecream.gif turtle.gif ============

Justice is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

===============J icecream4.gif turtle.gif =================  

Tuck is doing fine. pp_animal_568.gif

Justice has had the best day he has had in a few months.  banana.gif
I watched him this afternoon from my window, and he ran and played in the yard. His energy level is better then it has been in months. It was so good watching him have fun. His water consumption is way less too banana.gif
I will talk with his IM doc this week, and see what the plan is for Justice.
Today, I am just so happy to see more of my little Justice's personality and energy.

Hi Tracy, thanks for the new thread. It's great to start it with GOOD NEWS!!
Hugs

...part 8, and that's just on this version of the forum -- I don't think they could have any idea how many people across the continents care about these little puppers...

Hi Kay, it IS mind boggling that as u said 'people across the continent' care abt the boys. At the old forum u could lose a whole thread if it had too many posts--so at around 1,000 posts, the boys would have a new thread. We left that old IMOM site with over 3,000 posts. Then we come to this IMOM site, and are just starting our 8th thread-each thread with an average of 1,000 posts--so over 7,000 posts!! In almost 5 years at IMOM, there have been over 10,000 posts on the boys thread...how is that even possible?!? The number of 'views' on their threads is staggering. Even people that don't post are watching over Tuck and Justice!! Two little mini schnauzers that are so well loved by so many, and the majority have never even met them. We are so blessed...
I too hope the jet engine leaves soon!!
Hugs to u and the kitties!

Hi Judy, we are starting to see some budding of trees here. We still are having nights at near freezing temps--so I hope some flowers that are starting to come up, don't die. Spring means closer to summer--and that means 2 of my fave friends come to see the boys and me!! I can't wait!!
I don't know if the change in weather is affecting the autoimmune inner ear disease. Carol thinks I still just had not recovered totally from the 7 weeks of being sick in January and February. I don't know. I just can't believe I keep flaring. But...seeing Justice's personality and energy emerging today-that's great medicine!!!  Hugs to u and the kids!!

Thanks so very much angels!!

wbd3.jpg
Posted Image

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 22 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tuckie is at SIX DAY'S!!!

============T icecream5.gif 1icecream.gif turtle.gif ============

Justice is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

===============J icecream4.gif turtle.gif =================  

Tuck is doing fine. pp_animal_568.gif

Justice has had the best day he has had in a few months.  banana.gif

banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif
Great news !!!!

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuck did fine during the night.

Justice didn't have any seizures (yay!), but abt 4AM he woke, and just couldn't get comfortable. I think he did what I do--start feeling better and go full out too fast. He acted like his muscles were hurting (no surprise since he hasn't run like that in months!). Niki said I could put a heating pad- set on low- on him for 5 minutes a couple times/day if he needs it. So, at 4AM I put a heating pad on him. I always keep a hand under the pad too since his hair is so thin, I want to be extra careful it doesn't get too hot. The 5 minutes seemed to take forever becuz I was in an uncomfortable position (on purpose)-so I wouldn't accidentally fall asleep with the pad on him. He fell right back to sleep, and slept fine the rest of the night.

Both he and Tuck have been outside. He isn't running quite so much, but is doing fine.

Hi Michelle, thanks!!!! I'm glad Syd is doing so great!! hugs

Thanks so very much angels!!!
Posted Image

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Hi young'n! Stopped in to check on th boyz and it sure is good to see they are both on the train.  Maybe everyone was just fed up with winter.  We have actually seen the sun here for three consecutive days!  Yay!!!

Give the boyz a hug and tell them I said to keep feeling well. I suspect if they stay healthy you will start feeling better too.

Pat

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuck is at SEVEN DAY'S!!!

========T icecream5.gif icecream2.gif turtle2.gif =======  

Justice is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

===========J icecream5.gif turtle.gif =============

The boys are doing fine.

We are all pretty bummed here. No one else has had to deal with any ongoing medical issues with any of their puppers. But today that has changed. Nancy's, "Gunner" (Tuck and Abbie's dad) who will be 12 in May, has a significant heart problem. He also is now in Congestive Heart Failure, so now he needs to be on a diuretic (lasix) and a couple heart meds. He will be rechecked in 10 days, and until then he can only be leash walked with restricted activity-only 3 steps is he allowed to climb. In 10 days the cardiologist will see how the meds are doing, and what kind of activity he can have. He has had 2 episodes in abt 2 weeks, of when Nancy described it, I was worried he had seizures--or his heart problem (which wasn't significant) that he started with 2 1/2 years ago was worse. Thank God she took him in today for an appt at MedVet. The cardio (also Tucker's cardio) said if Gunner dies after a year, they will say-well the meds helped him have an extra year. Even on his take home paper it talks abt "sudden death".
Please can u send up a prayer that the meds help Gunner?

I have to say, selfishly, I am worrying slightly abt Tuck's heart too. It's hard not to, but it feels like right now Gunner should be the only one I worry abt. It's just that Tuck and Gunners heart issues were similar 2 1/2 years ago. Both with degenerative valve disease-both with it in the mitral and tricuspid valves. Hmmmm, now that I think of it--that's where the similarities end. Gunner has been treated for high blood pressure for 2 years--Tuck has never had high blood pressure. Gunners heart was slightly enlarged-Tuck's wasn't a year ago. They originally thought Tuck had "sick sinus disease" becuz he had bradyarrythmia's with APC's--bascically Tuck's heart rate is sometimes too slow and he will skip beats --neither of which Gunner has done. So, there are big differences.
It has though made a decision for me. I was going to take Tuck to Niki's later this month to have his yearly ECG and BP check (he has echo's every 2 years). A year ago the cardio said that if I prefer, I could have his regular vet do it. But... Gunner had a lump taken off abt 8 weeks ago, and that vet didn't catch any major changes with his murmur...we found out today that he could have died during the anesthesia. Plus,  Gunner just last week had his annual PE, and another of the vets in that practice saw him. She did catch his murmur was worse, and Nancy told them he has also been gagging--so they did a chest x-ray, and saw a significant change in how his heart is enlarged--but, they were just  going to treat it themselves.The vet wasn't really concerned abt the 2 episodes, of what I knew when nancy described them were either seizures or related to his heart. I told Nancy to get him back to the cardio NOW, and she made the appt. The cardio not only added more meds for his heart and CHF (which the general vet didn't catch last week), but also lowered his thyroid meds becuz the level is too high for his heart disease--looking at the same level results, his vet had said not to change anything with the thyroid meds, plus when Nancy decribed the 2 events--she knew immediately that Gunner had serious-collapses-that are emergencies.
It's not that general vets don't have skill and knowledge--but a cardio can put everything together as far as meds and doses specific to the heart-and may hear things a general vet does not. Heck it's what cardio's do every day.
So, Tuck will see the cardio for his yearly ECG and BP check. He has so many other issues and is on so many different meds--I want the cardio to make sure all is well!

Speaking of the heart--my heart is just overflowing with joy seeing both boys doing so well! My heart also overflows with gratitude and love to the boys sponsors, and all angels!

Hi Pat!! Oh isn't this weather terrific!?! The boys certainly are happy to be outside.
I gave the hugs and told them Aunt Pat said to stay well. I have no doubt that u are correct--if they stay healthy, I will start feeling better too. They're trying!!!
hugs to u and all the SR's!!!

Thanks sooooo much angels!!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
The boys are doing fine. If I'm not spinning, I hope to be able to talk with Justie's IM doc this afternoon.

I'll try to get back on tonight. Hopefully the boys will be at 8 and 6 days!

Thanks so very much angels!

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

Popping in to check on the boys...I am so happy to see that they are both doing so well. That is wonderful! I am really sorry about Gunner, though :( Heart conditions in fur-kids are worrisome. Cody and I will keep our paws crossed that he does well on the meds and restricted activity.

Hopefully Tuck's cardio will confirm that all is well. Stay on those trains, boys!!  banana.gif

hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuckie is at EIGHT DAY'S!!!

==========T icecream5.gif icecream3.gif turtle2.gif ==========

Justice is at SIX DAY'S!!!

===========J icecream5.gif 1icecream.gif turtle.gif ==========

Both little guys are snoozing. I didn't get a chance to talk with Justie's IM doc today. I am kind of glad, becuz I would have said his drinking was pretty normal. But a little while ago-he drank like a camel again. We'll probably talk tmw.

Hi Tracy, I'm glad u popped in. Its nice when the aunties get to see both boys on a train--and a pretty long one at that! nancy thanks u and Cody for the paws crossed for Gunner.
How is Cody doing?? Still chuck free???
hugs to u both!

Posted Image

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Good Morning, I'm glad to see the boyz are both still doing well, but I'm sorry to hear that Gunner has CHF. Please tell Nancy that Gunner is in my prayers. I'm glad to hear he is going to MedVet, if anyone can keep him comfortable and healthy for additional time, that is certainly the place!

I'm off to yet another groomer this morning - Sunny, Myla & Holly are going.  These poor people must think I'm a wack job, I call & say I'm looking for a new groomer blah, blah, blah - here are my requirements - are you interested? They always say yes, but so far, I have not found a permanent, suitable replacement. <sigh> I haven't gotten desparate enough to do them myself (mainly because there are too many) but I'm seriously considering it.  

Catch you later,

Pat

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Oh, I had hoped there would be dual trains for a long time, but there has been a blip in the plan.

Tuckie is doing fine, and I hope this eve will be at 9 days.
The only not so great news, is that now I have to get his thyroid medicine compounded...and it will be liquid. Oh joy. The dermatologist/allergist looked for thyroid supplement that was white in color (so no dye), and couldn't find any that was in the dose Tuck would need. He couldn't do it in a capsule becuz of the dosage and dye. Geesh, I thought it would be an easy fix if it was his thyroid med making him lick like crazy--I had no idea it would need to be compounded.
Tuck is MUCH less itchy now that he is off the thyroid med. He still is licking some area's-but it's probably food allergy related or environmental-we'll try to figure it out.

Last eve, Justice started drinking like a camel, and not wanting around anyone. Then he had a GM too. He is still not wanting to be with the other dogs or humans. I had hoped to speak with his IM doc today, he may still call.

Hi Pat, uh oh, I hope the kids came back with great haircuts, and mom didn't get
too stressed out today!
nancy said thanks.
You have to report on the grooming experience!!!
Hugs!

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuckie is at NINE DAY'S!!!

==========T icecream5.gif icecream4.gif turtle2.gif ==========

Tuck is doing fine. Justice isn't doing so well. <sigh>  He did what he did a few weeks ago, and at dinner tried to climb in laps. Something is definitely off. I'm not sure if it's just a brain thing, or his IBD is going to flare-or both. He is doing some pacing now.

I'm gonna try and snuggle with the boys--I know Tuck wants some snuggling.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Justice had head bobbing this eve, and then pacing and a grand mal seizure. He is sleeping now--so I am going to join him!
Tuck is fine.

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

pp_animal_568.gif

Hi Cindy,

Just checking in ... boy, you constantly have your hands full.  Hope things with Tuck & Justice quiet down ...so sorry to hear about Gunner.  

Our furbabies do tug at the heart strings, I know you're doing a terrific job with everything.  I hope you're taking care of yourself too.  Will keep all in my prayers.  Sending great big hugs to you all and special belly rubs to the furbabies from Zoom & I>

hugs.gif  

Susan & Zoom

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuckiebutt is doing fine. He played a lot with Abbie today (even tug-of-war with one of Carols socks). Tuck was 'set up'--it was Abbie's doing--she loves playing with socks, towels, etc. She MADE Tuckie play tug-of-war with it. She stuck it right in his mouth--what else could he do???

Tuck is at TEN DAY'S!!!

==========T icecream5.gif icecream5.gif turtle2.gif ==========

Justice didn't have a good night. Lots of partials and a GM.
I did speak with his IM vet. With some things Justice has done today--trying to steal food off of plates, and some pica--we both think he is starting an IBD flare-up. He said in most dogs the Budesonide should be out of their systems in 5-7 days, but becuz Justice is Justice, it may take a little longer. Justice is at 5 days, so it may still be the reason he is drinking so much--or Justice may have the real Cushings Disease. He said I can try Justice back on the Budesonide now for the flare-up. But, both of us would prefer no steroids at all, so that if some symptoms continue (and we know it's not the IA Cushings, that is medically induced)-we can test for the real Cushing's Disease. He can't be tested while on a steroid. What he wants to do is start Justice on Atopica (cyclosporine). Atopica is used for severe allergies--but "off label' they have found it effective for IBD that is refractory to steroids. A side effect is vomiting (which he does with IBD), but they have found if the capsules are frozen--dogs do much better. Weird!
The IM doc needs to discuss this with the neuro though. I read abt the drug and it can cause seizures-but the neuro will know what's best. Justice has so many seizures with IBD flare-ups, he may decide to at least try it. A couple neuro's have told me that many medications have neuro issues or seizures as a side effect, but they have to list it even if it's 1 animal out of 1,000 that it caused a seizure in. So, now I wait to see what is next.
In the mean time--my little guy isn't feeling so well. I am hoping since he is only 5 days out from the last Budesonide, that maybe this flare-up will not be TOO bad since he most likely has some steroid in him.

Hi Susan, aw thanks for the hugs and belly rubs--both delivered to the boys! These boys do keep me hopping!!! I appreciate the prayers.
Please give the Zoom man a hug and snuggle from me!!!
Hugs!

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
A quick update ( mommys world has been spinning, but have a little break now).
Justice had seizures last night--Tuck was fine! I haven't been with them today very much, but I have heard some barking out of both of them.

I don't know if I'll be back this eve. I hope Tuck will be at 11 days!!!

Thanks so very much angels!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuck is at ELEVEN DAY'S!!!

========T icecream5.gif icecream5.gif 1icecream.gif turtle2.gif ========

I have seen little of the boys today, since when ur world is spinning, its hard to have a pupper jump on the bed-even if they are just trying to nursemaid mommy. There is company downstairs, so the boys are down with everyone.

I really need the boys to sleep through the night. I hope their brains are calm tonight.

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

I'm so sorry that your world is still spinning :((( Cody and I send extra hugs and purrs to you. We hope both boys' brains stay calm tonite and that you all have a restful night. That is SO cool that Tuck is on an 11-day train!! Keep it up Tuckie! Hopefully Justice can join him soon.

hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Stopping in to check on the boyz, Yay Tuck - 11 days!!! Poo on poor Justice - I'm thinking we should get him drunk and maybe he'd sleep right through a seizure. (Just kidding.) Sorry your world is spinning - prayers flying your way that the spinning stops, Justice hops back on the train and peace reigns for a month or so.

Hugs,
Pat

PS - The Poms look great!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
boys OK. Tuck on train. No GM for justice but mild partials.

Thanks Tracy, I hope Cody is doing bettree

Thanks anggels.
Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Cindy, I'm glad Tuckiebutt is on the train -- I sure wish Justice was riding too.

I hope you are feeling better. Any improvement with the spinning?

Sending hugs to you all.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuck is at 12 days. I can't givehim a proper train becuz my eys can't focus too weell right now. sorry tuck.
Justice seesm OK. I got his new med for IBD today-so the neuro must have aproved it. I can't start it untill I feel better cuz it may cause vomiting and he will need watched after the first few doses.

Hi pat-yay the poms look good. so is the groomer a keepeer? big hgs to u and the kids

hi laurie, thanks. the spinning has been the worst today-somewhat better now though. I hope by tmw this will be over. I can't take care of my boys. Have any of ur kitties been on atopica (cyclosporine)? It's used for severe skin allergiees, but off label for other things like IBD.
belly kisses and snuddles to the kitties

Anyone ever used atopica AKA cyclosporine??

Tanks so much angels!
Posted Image

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
I used cyclosporine with Vato's mom when she had thrombocytopenia. It's about the strongest immune system suppressant that exists. Nasty stuff,IMHO.
Celia

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 28 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tuck is at 12 days. I can't givehim a proper train becuz my eys can't focus too weell right now. sorry tuck.
Justice seesm OK. I got his new med for IBD today-so the neuro must have aproved it. I can't start it untill I feel better cuz it may cause vomiting and he will need watched after the first few doses.

Hi Cindy... sorry you aren't feeling well :(  Wish the pets were doing better as well....
hugs.gif things will get better hun!
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuck is doing fine. We had a thunderstorm last night, and he slept thru it! I am hoping tonight will be 13 days for Tuckie.

I have gone back and forth in my mind (at least as much as a brain having vertigo can) abt Justice and the Atopica (cyclosporine). Justice ended up making the decision for me during the night.
The dilemma for using Cyclosporine is as Celia wrote-it's an immuno-supressant drug, and can have some nasty side effects. It was approved by the IM doc and neuro. We know that Justice's seizures happen when something is wrong with him-like the IBD flares. When he is healthy-he typically doesn't have seizures. He is having so many GM's the past week, becuz his IBD is flaring.
I am glad I didn't start the drug yesterday, becuz during the night Justice was whining, hunching, vomiting...and having seizures. His IBD is getting worse. So...this AM I started the Atopica. The IM doc said to freeze the pills, becuz dogs vomit less if the pills are frozen first. I was worried abt how to get it into Justice, becuz I read a blog on a site that complained often abt the size of the pills for small dogs (same size as used for very large dogs). But like the steroid--we are just using a cat dose-so the pill is an ok size.
So far he is OK.

Thanks Celia and Michelle!

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuckiebutt is at THIRTEEN DAY'S!!!

=====T icecream5.gif icecream5.gif icecream3.gif turtle2.gif =====  

He is doing fine. He doesn't seem to be TOO bothered by the high winds. We have snow/sleet and the high winds. It's the end of March for goodness sakes!

Justice is doing OK. He won't get his second dose of Atopica tonight. We'll wait until tmw to start it twice/day.

They are both snoozing.

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
We too have the winds and RAIN...but tonight we're supposed to get snow...and snow showers tomorrow morning...

I don't know about you guys, but we're pretty darn tired of crummy weather...

Let's all think SPRING come the first of April...you know, spring always makes things better...

my little leaves that are trying so hard to come up will be pretty darn cold tonight...

One more potty for the girls in the rain and we'll be set for the night...

Hoping you and Justice are alittle better...really glad to see that Tucker is on the train...

I know you know it...I'm always reading but like to post here and there...just so you know I'm still kicking!!!  Hugs, Judy

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
It's amazing, with all going on in the household, that Tucker has stayed on the train for almost two weeks! Hurray!  Now we just need to get Justice (and you) back in the first-class coach.  I sure hope that the meds do some good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users