Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Kyah: The Story of a Survivor

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
QUOTE (JeanKBBMMMAA @ Feb 27 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Deb, thank you so much. I really do think that Kramer and Nina were behind this. Like I've said she seems like she has qualities of both, and did I tell the Rainbow story yet? I told Kramer the other day (or a picture of him) hey, buddy, I know my grief over you is huge, and it is like compounded with my grief for Nina, but you don't need to make me worry so much for Kyah!

I will give her a hug from you and for Bear and Spike too. Everything you do is appreciated.

The Rainbow Story-
So I had decided that I needed to get out of the rut that I was falling into-before it turned into a gorge. I really feared that-because I need to stay focused enough to work and do well in my job-and that job feeds Jeanspackistan-so I really can't afford to go into the gorge. With Nina's passing only four months before, and Kramer being an absolute part of my being for 15 years, and truly actually helping me more than I ever helped him, I knew that fall could be coming.

I had been following Kyah on the GSD board and felt so badly for her. I also wasn't sure what I was going to do with the incredible leftover adrenaline I had from 5 weeks of taking care of Kramer after his diagnosis. So I wanted to help a dog that needed it. I met Darcy and Van to take pictures and asked if she had a foster for her: no. My little brain (and heart) started churning. I decided to offer on Monday because on Tuesday she was on her way to NY!

As I was driving to pick her up (and was lucky enough not to have to drive far at all) on a beautiful sunny and dry evening, I looked up and saw...a beautiful rainbow. No rain. But a rainbow. It was amazing. And I took it as a sign from them that they approved and were going to help Kyah.

I hope they continue to do so. She needs all the help she can get so that her body doesn't do this again.

Thank you again, Deb-I think I thought of you--->Ithaca--->gorges!

What a beautiful story about the rainbow Jean. Isn't it funny how our Dear departed baby's still have so much control in our lives. I talk to Bear and Spike all the time. I'm sure Kramer and Nina are smiling down at you and Kyah (new spelling?).

And yes you don't want to be falling into Ithaca's Gorges at all. I'm glad you thought of us though, we are always thinking of you and the pack.

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
QUOTE (Jacki IMOM @ Feb 27 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am happy to report that IMOM has sent a check for $1000 to the vet who is now caring for Kaia (forgot the new spelling)
The $1000 included IMOM's LuvBug Grant for $500 and a very generous donation from a community member.

I hope she continues to improve and will soon be back with the pack.  I'm sure Anna has a lot to talk to her about pp_animal_362.gif
Darcy and Jean - thank you so much for helping her.  She is a treasure.

banana.gif

Thank you Jacki, IMOM, and donor! Plus all other donors and those thinking of this girl.

This is so big. I am not sure what the latest is in terms of total/projected cost minus IMOM and other donations (Darcy is busy working-what the heck!) but that check will wipe out a big piece of her fees at my vet office! She was up to about $2400 yesterday, but we had to do some additional testing to see if we could help figure out if her problems were related to a specific parasite-giardia-or if there was an underlying GI problem like EPI, common in GSDs. To me, this is important in keeping that GI system going in the right direction. So she's probably at the $2600 mark now.

But here's the good news-she is able to come home tonight! She'll go back tomorrow for fluids, and then on Monday for a checkup. So still staying with the conservative approach. She's also getting probiotics, which I think will help a lot. She still has diarrhea, but I may ask about switching to Tylan-from Flagyl-just because it seems to work so fast and I swear it has a healing effect-if they say no, that's fine too-I don't want to screw her up that's for sure.

Of course, she still has an outstanding balance that is rather large between here and KY.  peeing.gif So I am glad we are going to be here for a while and also that Darcy will be going on TV Tuesday (and REALLY glad it won't be me going on TV Tuesday)!

Thank you all again-Deb, I am grateful to you for thinking of us.
IPB Image

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
Jean-
Our little donation from the rescue mals was sent to BDBH this morning......in loving memory of Kramer, Magic, and all of our Bridge babies.

Please give Kaia a hug from her malacousins.
Vicky

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
Jean,

We are all so happy Kaia will be coming home today!  We are sending in our treat money for her vet bill.  We'll ask Aunt Jacki which is the best way to send, through IMOM or through the rescue site.  Thank you for being her foster mom.  She couldn't have a better foster mommy!

Love,

Callie, Ava, Tori and Cooper

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Awww, Vicky and the malacousins-thank you so much, and for remembrance of all those beloved babies. I will give her a hug from all, and...then there's Maude! It is awfully sweet of them, considering all their rescue work, to donate to this girl.

Callie, Ava, Tori and Cooper-
They say that kitties sometimes only think of themselves-but we can see that is not true! Especially if you are giving treat money to a d-o-g. But you would like this dog, and she is like Cooper in that we see that part of her is missing, but she does not. I hope that she is able to chase flies this spring!

Thank you very much. I am trying to finish my work invoice-the people I work with call it our monthly Black Friday because we all panic about doing it-like anxiety attack time for whatever reason-and then I will be getting ready to go get Miss Kyah. We will weigh her before we leave so we can keep careful track of her weight.

Thank you all again for this opportunity.
IPB Image

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
"she radiates an inner strength that is a beautiful and powerful thing to see."

Sounds like Annalise.  heart.gif

Donation sent, Jean, and here's hoping for the day when Kyah can be introduced to the joys of Arby's!

Thanks for being there for yet another special girl.  Thanks also to Darcy & BDBH, and of course IMOM.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Awwww, Kim, yes! She is a fighter like Anna-you have to wonder if animals can have hope. Like they are just waiting for the day that things will go their way. And keep on fighting in the hope that it will happen. I guess you could call it survival instinct, but some seem to have it so strongly.

I have told Kyah about Arby's. I said you probably don't know what it is, but imagine the best smelling, greasiest roast beef in the world and pile it high-and that is Arby's. I promised her that we would get one as soon as she is able, no matter where she is. And maybe a scallop!

I have 2/3 of my invoice done and am going to finish it after I get back and she's settled in. She can help me! I am going to use Kramer's airbed for her (can't remember if I said that before-but I think it will be good because she's so thin).

Thank YOU, Kim, for being here for us again.
IPB Image

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
We sended our donation to Miss Darcy a couple days ago. We telled her that it was in honor of Cousin Kramer and Cousin Nina and Auntie Jean.
The Rottendogs

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Mmm, Arby's.  My bengal girl ZZ is a huge fan of it--the first day I brought an arby's sandwich home, she grabbed the whole pile of meat off the bun and ran around my house, gulping it down as she ran!  Who knew a kitten would be so adept at Arby's-burgling.

I've donated $5.00 through Kyah's link--but didn't see a place to put that it was through imom.  Wishing her all the best!

motimonkey.gif

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Dear Not So Rottendogs-
Thank you so much for sending a donation so I could get fixed up and feel better.

I am not sure who Kramer and Nina are but I hear about them ALL the time. Even at the vet office they talk about Kramer and Nina. Jean is the person who brings me food so I think I like her.

Maybe your donation will help pay for more food for me-that would be the best. I love food! I don't want those other dogs here to eat it though. They are fat.

I like you lots Rottendogs.

Love,
Kyah

Vivale-thank you so much for your donation! Especially considering you have a beautiful Bengal who would rather see it used on an Arby's for her! Do you have more pictures of her? There is a breeder of Bengals on the GSD board who is in Michigan I think! They are gorgeous!

Update on Kyah:
She is now home! Got her fluids before she left, and is going back tomorrow am for more. Was all wiggly wagging when I got her out of the kennel and took her to the exam room. Then on the way home she snuggled right into the back seat, but when we pulled in the driveway she jumped up and started dancing like Elaine on Seinfeld!!!! She got out of the car and ran right to the door. Inside she went right into her bed.

I went to make her meal, and when I came in with it, she was sitting with her butt on the air mattress like a person. Gobbled everything down and is sleeping now on that nice mattress. The pack is gated back aways so she can relax-but she still got up and grabbed her bowl and put it on her bed with her...just in case. wink.gif

I am knocking on wood as I type this but she looks alert, relaxed and not in pain. I have really not seen her look like this-I am trying to remember if she did last week or not-I just didn't know it then.

She has two different abx, not including the flagyl. She's on amoxycillan and baytril. No wonder she has the poops! I am going to hold off on adding that Hi-Vite until Monday's appt because they are kind of rich. They sent her home with some Missing Link Plus-which is great, and probiotics. She can eat 2.5 cans of food throughout the day.

We are going to have as quiet a night as possible and weekend too! I saved some work to do...yay? so we could all just sit quietly. Plus I still have to finish that invoice right now!

Thanks!

IPB Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
Jean, I'm sure you've noticed I've been quiet...I've been so worried for Kaia and also you...

I am THRILLED with the reports from yesterday and today and was especially HAPPY to see how excited she was to be "home"...

I think she'll do so much better being home with you and the pack...she will be so much more secure...

Did your vet say how long for recovery?  I know she has to take it easy for awhile and eat her small meals...

I will continue with my prayers that this is her final surgery and recover will just be a matter of time...

She is worming her way into alot of hearts...Judy

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Yea!!! I'm so glad Kyah is home and she seems more alert. I loved the vision of her putting her bowl in her bed, she knows she needs those extra calories.

I'm hoping her weight goes up this weekend and there is no more problems with her internal workings and she can know the joys of Arby's.

Jake and Riley have agreed to give up their expensive chicken strip treats for a while so we could send in enough for a whole case of food. And we sent her information to everyone we know so hopefully those donations will keep pouring in.

I hope you have a nice quiet weekend.

Thinking of you guys

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
I know, right, Judy, kind of holding our breath here too. It's been very scary. And I know she's still not out of the woods-her body is needing to do the right things and I hoping that it is. I noticed this today-she's at about the same weight she was before surgery and appears to be gaining, and that's with fluids only, and then tiny bits of food, and really now only enough to maintain a 40# weight. So I am wondering-before, after surgery 1 and before surgery 2, maybe she wasn't able to absorb nutrients, and now she is and if so, that to me would be a good sign. Of course, I have no idea what I am talking about!

I do know she loves to eat-she had her meals last night and is laying on that air mattress like it's a throne. She did have dire-rear last night and peed in her bed a couple of times-I am thinking that she's a. gotten used to not being able to go out at the vet office as much as she might here b. the fluids make her pee more. I hope that's it. She is so comfortable on that bed-and she looks so alert-I have not seen her like this and it's wonderful.

The pack is still hiding from her. Bless their sweet little hearts they don't like when she barks at them. I am hoping that they are just being sensitive, and not sensing that she's a Queen Bee. wink.gif Regardless, she is the biggest lovey with people-and people she knows are just the best. Her sweetness is really incredible.

She's going to go to the vet this am for her fluids and then hopefully we can get a little more sleep!
IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
QUOTE (Debs @ Feb 28 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea!!! I'm so glad Kyah is home and she seems more alert. I loved the vision of her putting her bowl in her bed, she knows she needs those extra calories.

I'm hoping her weight goes up this weekend and there is no more problems with her internal workings and she can know the joys of Arby's.

Jake and Riley have agreed to give up their expensive chicken strip treats for a while so we could send in enough for a whole case of food. And we sent her information to everyone we know so hopefully those donations will keep pouring in.

I hope you have a nice quiet weekend.

Thinking of you guys

Awww, Deb, that is WAY too generous. Thank the boys for Kyah. Thank you so much.

I really appreciate, too, sending her information on to everyone and asking them to forward it on too. That is huge. So much has happened since she got to New York, it's so helpful to have other people doing that. I need to do a second flyer for her.

I am also hoping for a nice quiet weekend. Right now she is napping/listening. smile.gif Thank you again.
IPB Image

Darcy1

Darcy1
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Jean - I am hoping you and Kyah had a quiet/restful evening!  I know she is so happy to be back with you and the pack.

I know I keep saying this to Jacki and Jean, but each time I look at the donations so far, my legs get shaky.  Kyah has received over $2000 in donations from IMOM members/readers!!  The donations to her medical care to date totals $2750, not including IMOMs $1000.00 grant.

I am working on Thank You Notes this afternoon, after a few home visits!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,272 posts
I am hoping that u and Kyah had a quiet night!

I may ask about switching to Tylan-from Flagyl-just because it seems to work so fast and I swear it has a healing effect-if they say no, that's fine too-I don't want to screw her up that's for sure.

I think the Flagyl (metronidazole) works much more quickly then the Tylan, since Metronidazole is used for diarrhea, among other things. The IM doc told me it takes abt 1.5-2 weeks to get the full effect of the Tylan. But if Kyah has to be on a GI med long term, it would be great if u could use the Tylan-- since if any GI issues pop up intermittently (like diarrhea) u can always add the Flagyl for several days. I just like to have the Flagyl in my back pocket for when Justice has GI flare up's and just needs it short term. So, I think it's a great question for the vet. If the vet says to put her on Tylan, u might ask if now is a good time since it won't be effective for 2 weeks and she already is using Flagyl. They can be used at the same time. Tylan can also be used with the antibiotics she is on--just went thru both abx with Justie on Tylan.
U are right, Tylan is a good healing drug. Over the past couple years, we have tried twice to get Justice off it ($$), but he would go into a bad flare up.<sigh>

"So I am wondering-before, after surgery 1 and before surgery 2, maybe she wasn't able to absorb nutrients..."

Am I remembering right that she is being checked for SIBO and EPI?

You must take ur camera on the day she gets her very first Arby's!

I'm so glad u took pics of Van that day, and could talk to Darcy abt Kyah--I think Kramer and nina have been very busy making things happen, so all of us believe there were no coincidences in any of this--it was all them! I don't believe Kyah would still be here without having come to u Jean.

Hugs to u both!
Posted Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
pp_animal_362.gif WOW! Am I reading her total then to be $3750 between IMOM/IMOM grant, and other BDBH donors? Is that possible? That is really incredible. How do you say thank you enough? I can't! I tell Kyah you can thank everyone by having a long and wonderful life.

I was going to nap, then I took Kyah out for a little walk on a long lead and I had the camera, and I actually got some decent pictures of her. Her walks are just around the front yard, as much as she can tolerate and then she pulls me to the door. She's no shrinking violet! wink.gif So now I am going to crop them and get them on photobucket for you all.

Her bladder is not back to normal of course-part of it was taken out (just a bit) and-the one vet and I were discussing this today-there are sutures and the bladder is probably not getting all its signals right, is not as able to expand yet, so her potties are frequent. So last night, she pottied about four times in her bed-she just kind of jumps up like OMG! peeing.gif And it being in the middle of the night, the old brain wasn't working quickly enough  bitchslap2.gif  to realize that maybe me getting up every two-three hours and taking her out would be easier than doing that. She has a 4x4 kennel, and makes sure NOT to get that nice air bed of Kramer's wet!  heart.gif So we're a little tired today. Well, I am...she looks pretty alert! roll.gif

The smell of her urine-is anyone still eating? Probably not! Anyway-it. is. wicked. I asked about that-bringing in a sample tomorrow because even though she's on 3 abx she's been through a lot and no on wants to leave any stones unturned at this point. Plus, in my little brain I think, well, she's not on Clavamox! wink.gif Though she's on Amoxycillan which I think is close? But the vet was saying that she's had all sorts of terrible things happening in her body, and who knows what was happening to it before, so that will be coming out through her waste. But it's good-she can't pee without me knowing it-I can smell it a room away.

She also had a little more diarrhea last night.  pp_animal_250.gif  At least something is coming out though.  motimonkey.gif

You will be able to tell how tired I am by the number of emoticons I use, and I wish you could hear (maybe I don't wish you could hear actually!) my  tongue.gif  giggles while I use them! I am going to go do the pictures and then be back to post them.

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 1 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am hoping that u and Kyah had a quiet night!

I think the Flagyl (metronidazole) works much more quickly then the Tylan, since Metronidazole is used for diarrhea, among other things. The IM doc told me it takes abt 1.5-2 weeks to get the full effect of the Tylan. But if Kyah has to be on a GI med long term, it would be great if u could use the Tylan-- since if any GI issues pop up intermittently (like diarrhea) u can always add the Flagyl for several days. I just like to have the Flagyl in my back pocket for when Justice has GI flare up's and just needs it short term. So, I think it's a great question for the vet. If the vet says to put her on Tylan, u might ask if now is a good time since it won't be effective for 2 weeks and she already is using Flagyl. They can be used at the same time. Tylan can also be used with the antibiotics she is on--just went thru both abx with Justie on Tylan.
U are right, Tylan is a good healing drug. Over the past couple years, we have tried twice to get Justice off it ($$), but he would go into a bad flare up.<sigh>

"So I am wondering-before, after surgery 1 and before surgery 2, maybe she wasn't able to absorb nutrients..."

Am I remembering right that she is being checked for SIBO and EPI?

You must take ur camera on the day she gets her very first Arby's!

I'm so glad u took pics of Van that day, and could talk to Darcy abt Kyah--I think Kramer and nina have been very busy making things happen, so all of us believe there were no coincidences in any of this--it was all them! I don't believe Kyah would still be here without having come to u Jean.

Hugs to u both!

It's weird-my dogs react immediately to Tylan. They love it-well, I love it for them, it seems to make them comfy right away. And then the poops firm right up like adding corn starch! Maybe they are weird-maybe-ha! I do like it for long term use for sure. And I am considering getting my own supply from KV.

She is being checked for SIBO and EPI. That should come back late next week I hope. Otherwise we'll just keep shoveling poop against the tide, or whatever that saying is.

Wow, Cindy, you are right, that is how it all came about-Van from Ohio-pictures, talking about Kyah...so weird, and I do agree that those two were well behind this and watching out for her.

Okay! BRB with pics!
IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
The bed.

Oh I do love this bed.

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Sweet face.

These next few are body condition shots. They are upsetting in one way, but in another she looks better, somehow, less ouchy. She only weighs 40# as of yesterday am. Will be getting weighed at her re-check tomorrow. When she got fluids on Friday she weighed 43#!!! So Kyah weighs 2-4# more than Bruno and Mariele, the little dogs. Again, the receptionist at the vet is very helpful in letting everyone know that Kyah is a rescue and is being taken care of. She just got her fourth meal today!

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Then just her ribs, then her hips:

PS-thanks for changing the title/name, Jacki!

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts

NOW! This will help all her friends feel better, I hope, I know those pictures are not so easy to look at.

You talking to me?

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Why yes, I am lovely!

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
I should have eeked these out! But here they all are-sorry!

IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Last one! Kyah!
She was listening to Bruno bark (why is she outside and I am not!).

IPB Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,272 posts
Yes u are lovely Kyah!
Kyah has soul and such a strong spirit that u can see it in her eyes. Look at how alert she is too. I am awed by her spirit!

Oh, Jean, I bet the diff in time frame regarding the Tylan, is that Justice doesn't get diarrhea with his IBD. He does have frequent poos during a flare up, and they are soft, and very large in size (he isn't absorbing what he needs nutritionally) and has the vomiting, pica and abdominal discomfort. When he started on the Tylan I never checked out to see when the poo changed (I was more worried abt the vomiting)--so the 2 week period was probably in relation to all Justice's IBD symptoms. I bet that's the difference.

Have u bought Tylan recently? It went up in cost awhile back, even at KV vet. It's $45.99 now-it was one of the reasons I couldn't increase Justice's Budesonide.  So if u see a sale-stock up!!!  BTW how much Tylan do bigger dogs use? Justice uses 1/2 tsp twice a day in his food.

Hugs to u, Kyah and the pack!
Posted Image

Darcy1

Darcy1
  • Members
  • 6 posts
There is "our" beautiful girl!!  I clearly see radiance now.

Jean, remember last Saturday when we met and I thought the look in her eyes was worrisome, but we couldn't put our fingers ok it?  That look is gone!!!

I am emotional just seeing her pictures - mixed emotions- but I think we are now on the right track          .  Long road still, but she must sense all the love and support she has here and from the Bridge!

Love you Kyah!

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 672 posts
Kyah is just beautiful and you can see the determination in her eyes.  Her pics are a bit hard to look at but I am looking at them as her "before" pics.  I just know her "after" pics will be awesome.

I do believe Kramer and Nina sent Kyah especially to Jean.  I think they know what Kyah needs and they know that Jean is the BEST person to provide what she needs.....and then some.  smile.gif
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
QUOTE (JeanKBBMMMAA @ Mar 1 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pp_animal_362.gif How do you say thank you enough? I can't! I tell Kyah you can thank everyone by having a long and wonderful life.

You will be able to tell how tired I am by the number of emoticons I use, and I wish you could hear (maybe I don't wish you could hear actually!) my  tongue.gif  giggles while I use them! I am going to go do the pictures and then be back to post them.

Yes Jean that will be our "thank you". I know thats all I want to see.

Got a kick out of you giggling while posting the emoticons, the vision was some sort of Mrs Frankenstein-ish person. blush.gif

The pictures of Kyah were hard to look at, at first and it sure did bring tears to my eyes seeing her ribs and hip bones. But the look in her eyes took it all away. she is for sure a fighter and if she's not giving up then we are not giving up. I just love her ears, I guess because she's so underweight it looks like she still needs to grow into them.

P.S. Jake and Riley said to tell Kyah that she is a beautiful girl  wub.gif and well worth giving up chicken strip treats for a few months.

Actually we compromised and they each only get one a day instead of 2.  wink.gif

Edited by Debs, 02 March 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Great pics, Jean, and I agree with everything Kat said.   smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users