Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

I rescued a human today...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,381 posts
I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels.  I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.  I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage.  I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today.  Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past.  I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me.  I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.  Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.  I would promise to keep her safe.  I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.  I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor.  So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors.  So many more to be saved.  At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
Absolutly beautiful Lynette. Its good to see your still around, how ya doing? Miss hearing from you, off to check your threads to see if you've posted on how things are going.

Big hugs

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,381 posts
Hi Debs!
Yeah - still around, just not so much on the forum these days.  I have been checking in more often, because I really miss all you guys and the furkids, but don't have alot of time to post.

I got over my head with the rescues.  I had to break off from the woman who I was fostering for because she was not providing medical care and food for my fosters.  I ended up with 21 cats/kittens (besides my 10).  I couldn't give them back to her because I love these guys and wouldn't condem them to the conditions they would be in at her place.  I am now working with a legit 501©3, SC PAW, to try and get them adopted.  I have a spot on Sat and Sun at the Petco that is very near to my house.  It's hard because my kittens have turned into juviniles and adults.  To top that off - a kitten I took from her had ringworm so I can't show my "upstairs" cats until that is under control.  4 of the 21 living up here came down with it - including my baby Gigi :(  I built an enclosure in my garage and I have 10 there so they are the ones that are presently being shown.

I am going to try and update my threads - everyone is doing "pretty good".  Mamoo's stomatits seems to be under control after alot of extractions, Cesar has stomatitis and Sissy just had all of her teeth removed and is doing poorly.  Tommy - the cranky old man - is in kidney failure :(  With so many cats with stomatitis (and Merlyn passing because of it), I really believe it is contagious.  I am looking into a drug called Feline Omega Interferon which is very expensive and can only be obtained from England.  It will be worth the trouble and expense because it looks to be a cure.  I STILL NEED A JOB!!!  No time to look - taking care of cats 24/7!!!

I hope you and the furkids are well - I will check your thread and update my very soon.

It is my prayer that many furkids will rescue humans today!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users