Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Gracie Belle

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
I'm so glad Gracie is doing so well.  I know it's going to take her awhile to adjust to all the things she wasn't accustomed to before she came to live with you, but little by little.. I just know it's all going to click in for her.

The main thing is... she's happy and knows now that she is loved and is blossoming more and more every day.  Keep up the good work.

Love & Blessings

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
Miss Gracie got to go running with her sister and friend on Saturday and we were like worried parents for her...she had a BLAST!!!  We started out in a small, contained area because we thought she would be afraid...no way...she was so into...

She acted as if she had had the run of things all her life!!  She played and ran for 45 minutes...she explored but returned as soon as I called her name...no leash required whatsoever...of course the areas are all fenced in...she played with both Rylee and Zsa Zsa plus explored on her own...

We were so proud of her...she had a smile on her face and her tail was up in the air...she has learned that wagging her tail is a good thing and she wiggles and wiggles when she wants pets...

I think that soon we are going to have two happy dogs at our house...Miss Rylee is still alittle jealous but she's a diva...so we have to pamper her more...how nice it is to call the girls and they both come running to us!!!  Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
I am very excited for Gracie...Tonight I will receive a call from Aunt Julie, the pet communicator that so many of you at IMOM know...I took advantage of the special Christmas deal for IMOM people.

Aunt Julie and I have talked via email and I told her alittle about Gracie so we will have a chat and see if we can get Gracie to understand that she is SAFE, LOVED and won't be going anywhere again...

She is coming along so well we feel that alittle help on the side can't hurt...

I also hope that Rylee can be healed some too...

I'll write more after tonight our session...Judy

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
Thinking about you and hoping that the talk with Aunt Julie was good for Gracie Belle and Rylee Jean -- and you too!  Can't wait to hear about it.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
Well, Aunt Julie called right on schedule and we mainly talked with Gracie...My greatest concern was that she was happy, content, safe and comfortable...she was very proper at first but then she relaxed...it turns out she didn't know what happy really was and once it was explained to her she thought that perhaps she did feel that way...which made Mom VERY PLEASED...

She also LOVES her DADDY...what a surprise!!!

It will be Miss Rylee's turn next week...we certainly can't leave her out, can we??

Very interesting and the outcome was a GOOD ONE for all...Judy

Miss Gracie is a lovely girl and becoming sweet and more at home every day...

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
I'm glad to hear you had a good chat with Aunt Julie and that Gracie is a happy girl.  How could a dog not be happy with you and Dale as their parents??  :-)  Kiss them for me!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
Thanks Juli...

By the way...Gracie loves me too, but she is totally "into" her Daddy...she calls him sparkly Daddy...it brings a smile to my face...as you all know, Dale is a GSD kind of guy from way back and when I wanted a collie he didn't seem too into...but, right from the start, this sweet girl wormed her way into his heart...she has that way about her...

He doesn't have to cook for her because she eats anything...they do share dinner though...it's a riot...both Gracie and Rylee just patiently waiting for their Dad to give them their share...they don't even bother begging from Mommy...

All in all, we are a very happy family...Gracie and Rylee's Mom...Judy

by the way Gracie thinks I'm efficient and organized...is that a compliment or what...compared to sparkly Daddy...

Edited by Judy, 10 December 2008 - 06:54 PM.

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
Judy, I am just sitting here smiling at Dale being "sparkly," but I am sure from Miss Gracie's perspective, he is indeed.  It is so wonderful that you and Dale gave that very special girl a forever home.  Can't wait to hear what Rylee Jean has to say smile.gif

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
By the way...Gracie loves me too, but she is totally "into" her Daddy

Oh, do I understand.  My Tori Kay is a Daddy's girl.  When Daddy isn't home, I will do.  But forget it when Daddy is home.  She is 100 percent his girl then.  

LOL on the organized and efficient!  That's really funny.  I think you need to get Dale a nice sparkly something to wear for Xmas this year!  Perhaps a sequined top or something.  LOL LOL

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,023 posts
I am so glad u were able to chat with Aunt Julie. Someday I would absolutely love to do that too with the boys (I always wonder if there is something I can do to help them have less seizures). I have been hearing abt her since almost the first day I came to IMOM.

I saw the "sale" and wondered if u were going to have her talk to the girls. I'm so glad u were able to take advantage of the Xmas special price-becuz now both girls can be done for the regular cost of one!

Maybe u could get Dale a baseball cap with sparkleys on it...or have one made that says "sparkly daddy" on it, and one for u that says "efficient mommy".
I know Gracie meant that as a huge compliment-I'm serious. Gracie has been a frightened little girl, so stability is very important. So saying u are efficient just means that she feels safe with u, becuz u keep everything stable for her.

Hugs to u, Dale and the kids.

P.S. I wrote on the boys thread that u and Kay have missed the 6 month old filly we have been taking care of (just for 3 weeks). The LBK's love the little horse, and she loves them. U and Kay would have sure enjoyed seeing them! At least next visit u can see the 2 kitties!!
Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
Wanted to stop in for a minute and say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I'll try to post on Mike's blog tomorrow... just gonna try to get in tonight to as many as I can to wish you all the most wonderful of Christmas blessings.

Love & Hugs

Unicornb

Unicornb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That's it I'll be on "petfinder" for the rest of the night.......... pp_animal_568.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
May 31st is Gracie's first anniversary to celebrate her GOTCHA DAY!!!

She's accomplished many things...after many months of waiting, she is wagging her tail on a full time basis...she takes Rylee's bones and makes them hers, she is happy chewing away on them as Rylee waits patiently for her to give them back...she will pick up stuffed toys and make them hers, she watches happily as Rylee plays with her favorite red ball and best of all she now is the instigator when it comes to PLAYING...

So, in one year she has gone from a shy, afraid little girl that didn't know a thing about pets, living in a house, being able to go for a ride in the car or being cared for to a happy girl that gets tons of pets, kisses, her beautiful fur brushed, rides in the car to a farm with 40 fenced in acres where she can run free and I think she finally knows that she is LOVED...both by Dale and me but also Rylee and Mongo...

What more could we ask for???  HAPPY GOTCHA DAY Gracie Belle...from your Mom, Dad, Rylee and Mongo

Edited by Judy, 31 May 2009 - 05:44 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,836 posts
What a difference a GOTCHA DAY makes!!!!  

Sorry we're late.  It's amazing to think a year has already passed.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
THANK YOU for checking in on Miss Gracie...she is a love...

Dale has always been a GSD kind of guy but Gracie has just wormed her way right in his heart...but, that's not a hard thing to do with Dale...he loves all creatures...Miss Rylee is the apple of his eye...

We are so lucky...as we say "the girls" are the BEST...

I was in NJ over the Memorial Day week end...I just had to have a Sunnybank fix...Cat Paws...I forgot where you are in NJ...are you near Wayne??

We are taking the girls out to the farm to run this Saturday...what a sight that is...Rylee running with her tail up high and Gracie just enjoying the sights and smells...very relaxing and FUN for all.  Judy

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
Happy Gotcha Day, Gracie Belle!

I'm so looking forward to seeing you again; even when you were very scared, your sweetness always showed through!

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,836 posts
QUOTE (Judy @ Jun 3 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANK YOU for checking in on Miss Gracie...she is a love...

Dale has always been a GSD kind of guy but Gracie has just wormed her way right in his heart...but, that's not a hard thing to do with Dale...he loves all creatures...Miss Rylee is the apple of his eye...

We are so lucky...as we say "the girls" are the BEST...

I was in NJ over the Memorial Day week end...I just had to have a Sunnybank fix...Cat Paws...I forgot where you are in NJ...are you near Wayne??

We are taking the girls out to the farm to run this Saturday...what a sight that is...Rylee running with her tail up high and Gracie just enjoying the sights and smells...very relaxing and FUN for all.  Judy

Hi Judy!  I had to check to make sure June 10th wasn't either girls' Gotcha Day-- so I assume it was your birthday???  If so- I hope it was a great one.

I am about 45 miles Southwest of Wayne, but often work out of the Parsippany office, which is near Wayne and Sunnybank.
HELP JUST ONE

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
Hi Judy...

Just checking on you and the girls. It sounds like Miss Gracie is really coming around. I couldn't be happier!!!

Sending bunches of Love, Hugs & Belly Rubs

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
Cats Paw...how cool is that...have you ever stopped for lunch at Sunnybank?  I hope you have a chance to visit..it's such a beautiful park...even if it wasn't so special to me I think I would still love it there...

If you ever have the chance to stop just walk around and see if you feel the tranquility and peace that can come over you there...

One of my very special friends lives in Westfield...I would think that's pretty close to you...I think it takes us about 50 minutes to get to Sunnybank from her house...up Rt. 287...

Judy

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Happy Belated Gotcha day Gracie .... you are so lucky to have found your forever home with Judy, Dale Rylee and Mongo :D
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
Oh my gosh... how in the heck did I miss that it was Miss Gracie's Gotchya Day last time I posted?????? I am such a dufus...

HAPPY BELATED GOTCHYA DAY GRACIE!!!!

I can't believe it's a year already!!!

(I'm sorry)

Sending EXTRA Belly Rubs!!

greenpen

greenpen
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone! I am new here! I love Collies, they look so intelligent.

Happy Belated Gotcha Day Gracie Belle!!  bravo.gif

Bonnie

Bonnie

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts

Wouldn't want Miss Gracie Belle to feel left out... so here's one for her page.

Happy New Year Judy, Dale, Rylee Jean, and Gracie Belle!

Thanks for your love and support!

Bonnie
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden,
where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. " Milan Kundera

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gaby

gaby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
aktion033.gif CONGRATULATIONS aktion033.gif YOUR FAMILY IS GETTING BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bravo.gif
GABY y SIMON.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
:collie: Today is our Gracie Belle's SECOND ANNIVERSARY Gotcha Day!!  What a difference two years makes...when she first arrived at our house she was a sad and confused little girl.  She didn't know a thing except that she wasn't in a familiar place and she was very scared...It took from May to October for her to even wag her tail...we were so concerned for her...BUT, thanks to her big sister, Rylee, her Dad's and my love she slowly but surely began to trust us...

She learned to wag her tail, chew on a big beef basted bone and even pick up a toy or two and roll a ball...

She has now shown us a side of her that is GREAT...she has the heart and soul of a true collie...she is a dignified and sweet, gentle soul...and I don't know what we would do without her...

THANK YOU Miss Gracie Belle for lighting up our life...may we celebrate many more Gotcha Days to come...Love, your Mom, Dad and big sister Rylee

Jack_McCarthy

Jack_McCarthy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJudy, on 31 May 2010 - 07:29 PM, said:

Posted Image Today is our Gracie Belle's SECOND ANNIVERSARY Gotcha Day!!  What a difference two years makes...when she first arrived at our house she was a sad and confused little girl.  She didn't know a thing except that she wasn't in a familiar place and she was very scared...It took from May to October for her to even wag her tail...we were so concerned for her...BUT, thanks to her big sister, Rylee, her Dad's and my love she slowly but surely began to trust us...

She learned to wag her tail, chew on a big beef basted bone and even pick up a toy or two and roll a ball...

She has now shown us a side of her that is GREAT...she has the heart and soul of a true collie...she is a dignified and sweet, gentle soul...and I don't know what we would do without her...

THANK YOU Miss Gracie Belle for lighting up our life...may we celebrate many more Gotcha Days to come...Love, your Mom, Dad and big sister Rylee

That's really great to hear. It always gives hope to the world when a neglected or abused animal finds a warm loving home.  It's amazing to see the changes that come across them as the feel more secure and cared for.
--- Jack McCarthy ---

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made."

-- M. Acklam

Jamie K. - IMOM

Jamie K. - IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • 1,355 posts
Wow, what a wonderful story, Judy!  You and Dale are SO wonderful to have taken Gracie in and SO very patient and loving, so it gave her a chance to work things out on her own and come to trust you and be happy.  I'm SO happy for all of you.  Both your girls are beautiful.  I'm so glad everything is working out so well, and that Gracie feels safe and loved now after her first 5 years being so awful.

Edited by Cookie'sMom, 25 May 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,877 posts
I just wanted to wish the HaPpIeSt FIFTH GoTcHa DaY to our sweet girl, Gracie Belle.....five years ago today Betty Hodgson from Northeast Ohio Collie Rescue brought her to our house to see if she was a "fit"She has come so far since the sad, scared girl that arrived at a strange place and had to try to adjust.  Thanks to her sister, Rylee Jean, her Dad and me, she has blossomed into the sweetest, most gentle and dignified  :collie: possible...she is so beautiful and has the best sense of humor...she LOVES to have her butt rubbed and she gives you hugs...She doesn't know what a toy is, but that's OK, just give her an animal cracker and she's in heaven.....She is even mastering her fear of the big bad wind.....I want to say that we SO love her and can't thank her enough for what she's given us.....Hugs to Gracie Belle from Dad, Mom, Rylee Jean, Mongo Barney and Mickey Finn..... :heart:/>

Edited by Judy, 26 February 2014 - 01:31 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,836 posts
Gracie Belle-  WE LOVE YOU!

Edited by CatPaws, 01 June 2013 - 07:59 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,023 posts
Happy Belated 5th Gotcha Day Miss Gracie!! It is so hard to believe that time has flown by so quickly.
We know u bring such joy to ur family.
We love u Gracie.

Hugs!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users